Did the spirit of the 90's die on 9/11?

Did the spirit of the 90's die on 9/11?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/72uhmnNXySc
youtu.be/qSh2HswKn5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=NXSkjl_Bsr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

Yep. As soon as Tower 2 fell I fucking burnt my neon yellow parachute pants and bought a Tweed jacket and scarf like the rest.

After dealing with commie subhumans for the last 80 years we thought it was a time for optimism, then Muslim subhumans made us realize that were naive

no it had been dying before that as the internet became more and more ubiquitous in the late 90s

by about 1998 most things were shit

examples:

cool small indie movies turned into CGI hyped dogshit
grunge rock made way for nu-metal and buttrock

the internet is the hyper collectivizer and destroys uniqueness and individuality

Yes
Before: we are fearless, government can suck my dick
After: oh please big government, protect us, i'll suck your dick

>lel he doesn't know it was photoshop theater, demolition charges, israelis and freemason boaz/joachim pillar ritual

The 90's were the hangover period after hardcore partying in the 70's and 80's. 9/11 was just the moment where you're dying and staring into the mirror questioning how you ever let this happen to yourself.

No, but 3.000 Americans surely did.

No
See: vaporwave

kek.

no it was windows 95 and aol

Damn, that's a nice apartment.

>ywn watch the towers fall from a coze af highrise condo

It had been starting to wane before then. Anyone who grew up in the 80s or 90s (Gen X, Gen Y) was already seeing the world they grew up in starting to go downhill with the rise of the internet and social media and the growth of feminism, multiculturalism, and social justice in the West. It was clear that changes were already happening.

But yes, 9/11 was the death of the 80s/90s era.

I know it's cliche to say "everything changed on 9/11", but it's true. Our county's entire attitude on issues like the limits of government, on foreign intervention, and what we were willing to accept and give up in the name of safety and security changed overnight. Culturally, people became more paranoid, more overprotective. A lot of friendly neighborhoods became isolated. A lot of parents stopped trusting their kids to be unsupervised or make decisions on their own. Things were never the same.

windows 95 forever

This guy know's what's up.
The moment I knew shit was fucked up permanently post 9/11 was when I went to Cal Ripkens last game at Camden Yards. Bill Clinton threw the first pitch of the game to a standing ovation and there were snipers positioned every 30' or so around the perimeter of the roof. It seemed even more surreal to me than 9/11 itself.

Western Civilization has been in a tailspin since 1965.

The moment it hit me was Halloween that year. I would have been 17 at the time and I hadn't done trick-or-treating myself in years, but I was a good big brother and always volunteered to take my younger sister and brother out every year and hit all the good houses. Most years we'd be out for hours and it'd be nearly 10 o'clock by the time I'd drag them home, sister in hand, brother asleep on my shoulders, pillowcases overflowing with candy.

That year almost every house in town had their front lights out and their doors locked by sundown. I think we found maybe six or seven houses before we gave up and headed home. That was when it really hit me that the era I'd grown up in was dead and my siblings were never going to enjoy the kind of childhood I had. The next year the town imposed a hard 5:00 to 6:30 window for trick-or-treating.

>Did the spirit of the 90's die on 9/11?
Sure did. We all grew up that day.

This.

Industrial civilization stopped being relevant when it decided to only focus on what is profitable to enrich a select few, and stopped caring about the future. There is no hand we can play now as a society that won't lead to our demise. We are in a complexity trap of our own making. Billionaire elitists certainly won't be the answer to our problems. Good thing he's draining the swamp with all those Goldman Sachs bankers and oil CEOs in his cabinet though, right, /pol tards?

DID DUH SPIWIT OF DA NINIES DIE WHEN IT WUZNT DA NINIES IN 2001 WAAAAHHHHHHHH BABY MISS DA NINIES

it was fading before then but yes this was a nail in the coffin

the internet really changed everything and started to pick up momentum in the early 2000

Grunge rock was always shit ...

Did the spirit of the 50s die in 1963? (If so, it died 3 years too late.)

I remember the rise of the "security mom" fad, as if Bin Laden was waiting right behind the bushes to blow up little Johnny in the middle of Wyoming.

Did the spirit of the 80s die ca. 1990? AAAHHHHH HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!?!?!

I hate CGI

the American psyche was raped on 9/11, much of the public's 'innocence' was stripped away

>YWN again experience having a family BBQ, followed by everyone hoping on their bikes and riding to the library together. Now people shove their fat asses into the family SUV and get McDonalds on their way to the movies.

The end of the 90s truly sparked a turning point in human civilization. (For the worse).

Holy shit..

Here's a (You), now go away fast

That's a nice photo. Also yeah when the tower came, everything 2000ish is marked by war on terror, increase in security, and lots of militarization abroad. Its still the same way with the fastidious increase in technology numbing the pain and social media.

Yes but it's alive in Portland

Back in the 90s mass communication was just this little novelty that some people had stashed in the corner of their living room. For most people simply stepping outside and going for a walk meant disconnecting still. Some people had cell phones.

I held off longer than most people before giving in and getting my first cell phone. I didn't like the idea of people being able to reach me when I wanted to step away and do my own thing. So I usually leave me phone on silent when I'm out and about. But I'm more and more inclined to check for missed texts and shit.

At first it starts out as a convenience I suppose. Being able to reach somebody even while they are out at the store, or at the park. But then it becomes an expectation. Nobody wants to be the friend nobody can get ahold of at a moments notice. So you join in to keep up. In reality you've just shat away every little bit of private time you ever had.

This world is shit now. I envy those who were never there to know how much things have changed in the last 20 years or so. You'll never know what it was like to have been human, and not just a meat robot like we are now.

youtu.be/72uhmnNXySc
youtu.be/qSh2HswKn5Y

>After dealing with commie subhumans for the last 80 years
after of course giving them a generous hand when they were up against a wall during WW2

>Member when people used to say things. Now they just talk.

>the internet is the hyper collectivizer and destroys uniqueness and individuality

funny how it became the opposite of what it once was, unrestrained individuality, which is why normies will always need to go back

It used to be such a marvel baka desu senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXSkjl_Bsr0
Official theme song of waxing nostalgic.
>Buddy: Hey user, why don't you have a cell phone? you're so hard to get a hold of desu.
>Me: Hah, do you really want work to be able to get a hold of you at all hours? They'll make you their slave. We still on for after work on friday night?
>Buddy: Hell yeah. Man it's been a long week. Feels good to get everyone together in one room.
>Me: When I finally get out of this place...
>Buddy: You don't have to say it. We were meant for more than this user, desu.
>New girl: *walks by*
>Me: Wow... who's that senpai?
>Buddy: She's the new girl user desu.
>Me: Love at first site. I mean, you don't have eyes for her too right?
>Buddy: heh.. no... of course not user desu.
Many years later.