North Korea

WHY THE SUDDEN INTEREST IN NORTH KOREA?
MAYBE BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE LARGEST DEPOSIT OF RARE EARTHS?
The development of the North Korea issue over the past few months puzzled me. Why suddenly the saber rattling and the threats? Why the talks about military options? Why is China suddenly so keen on showing them who's boss? So I started to dig around and found this press release from 3 years ago of a company called SRE Minerals. They claim that during explorations in North Korea they found the biggest deposit of rare earth metals on the planet. The deposit is twice as big as all other known deposits combined. Some other articles (can't be archived properly) picked it up too:
miningweekly.com/article/largest-known-rare-earth-mineral-deposit-discovered-2013-12-04
mining.com/largest-known-rare-earth-deposit-discovered-in-north-korea-86139/
archive.is/epRFU
Looking at the chart of rare earth prices one can see they have increased dramatically over the past 15 years. Prices went only down in 2014 after China eased on it's export restrictions. China controls about 90% of rare earth elements production. It's save to say that the demand of rare earth elements will increase in the future as they are needed for batteries and electronics. Taking future demand, current prices and the size of the deposit into consideration we could look at a value of about $100 trillion dollars over the next 50-80 years. This could transform North Korea into a petrostate-type country.

Other urls found in this thread:

futurity.org/smartphone-metals-periodic-table-883472/
mining.com/scepticism-grows-north-koreas-massive-rare-earth-discovery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A 25 year joint venture between SRE and North Korea has been signed to develop the deposit. In October 2014, Russia agreed to invest $25 million towards upgrading the North Korean railway system in exchange for access to regions containing mineral reserves. So things are already moving forward which could mean that in the near future the REE dollars will start pouring in. I could imagine that the US, China, Japan and the other neighboring countries wouldn't be very happy if NK could acquire better military tech with all those dollars. I know there are sanctions in place but we all know if the money is just right, those can and will be circumvented. Also China can't be to happy to suddenly lose the grip on a very important market.
Wouldn't this be a good time to install a new (((democratic))) regime before they use this new money to upgrade their military? Also wouldn't it be nice if (((foreign corporations))) were allowed to participate (euphemism for plunder) these newfound resources? What you you think?

pic 1/2

2/2

Rare Earth Metals prices pic incomming

Americans need to see this. Are you willing to fight and die for this?

I guess nobody wants to read.
Don't die for ZOG.

>Are you willing to fight and die for this?

I could not care less.

If there was a button I could press to start world war 3 is of pushed it years ago.

Yes I am ready.

Light the fires.

wrong. best korea is the only non jewed country on the planet. i really hope fatkimgook will glass amerilards soon

Horseshit. North Korea now has a fuckton of nukes and just launched their first solid fuel rocket. ( read doesn't need to be fueled before launch so little to no warning ).

If they marry their nukes to their ever improving missiles, in 3 years hey will have the ability to destroy the USA via nuclear attack or EMP attack. Fight today's millions will die, fight tomorrow, it will be hundreds of millions.

What does this mean?

They are in a final stage of developing of nuclear weapon. Rare earth is irrelevant.
This is our last chance if we want to do something against them
neocon is not related to nonoil resources anyway.

Rare earth metals aren't """"rare"""" they're just difficult to extract or something. It's a misnomer

>North Korea now has a fuckton of nukes
>fuckton of nukes
literally under 5 nukes, if that...

I mean, I was willing to fight before I knew about the trillions of dollars worth of metals that were there. Now I'm even more into the idea

The media got bored of Syria.

>Fight today's millions will die, fight tomorrow, it will be hundreds of millions.

So what youre saying is there is an investment opportunity in SRE Minterals Ltd.

Good thread
bump

it's not sudden. go the fuck away

lol okay, that's why, not because they threaten to nuke us weekly.

bump II

Because Trump doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

We had the choice this election to give the gun to the executioner who would destroy us or the wild orange orangutan, We entrusted the ape with the gun and he's going wild with it. Was thin unexpected?

Sorry OP, although your research is interesting, everybody seems to be very busy with another 'race mixing is degenerate' thread right now.

price of rare earths increasing sharply due to the whole world buying computer chips and shiet

orange = countries that need destabilizing

Why aren't they just mining and selling that expensive shit themselves then
My Jew instincts tell me that someone with a rare treasure wouldn't be poor

holy shit bump

Shlomo, they arnt a normal communist nation. they are fucking insane. even lenin new when to add a sprinkle of capitalism, but north korea just wants an entire nation of slaves

will we brazilians just watch and wait the winter?

you're next, huenigger

ill take this as a yes then
you guys in the area first, we second.

>what is fake news

Its stuff like this that made me wish i wasnt a burger, Im the biggest target on the planet. I just hope Texas secedes if shit goes down. Did you know texas has its own power grid apart from the rest of the country? our own water system too. we'd be fine.

there's also the fact that Obama told Trumpendoodle that NK might be able to hit California with a nuke in the next few years.

>saddam has WMD everyone
>ebil iraq poses a threat to our democracy

The lions share of Rare earths go into LiPo/LiOn.

There's a new battery that has been invented by the inventor of the Lithium Ion, The Sodium Ion. It's made using fucking salt, 3-10x the storage, 10x the charge rate, just in lab tests.

Rare earth is about to mean fuck all.

There is instability in NK/China because of Xi's house cleaning of "corruption" which is code for all the CCP leadership that was supporting NK, funneling them nuclear tech, missile tech and banking support.

maybe the heroin yield in afghanistan was under par this year and the CIA needs to make ends meet.

delete this

I also read reports that indium is about to run out.
futurity.org/smartphone-metals-periodic-table-883472/
Does it mean that Americans now will go to war not only for oil but also for rare earth metals?

What kind of stock would one buy to capitalize on this?

Trump is using NK as a smokescreen for dealing with China.

>China spends over a decade creating artificial islands and installing military equipment on them.
>Expands geopolitical influence.
>Overnight Trump tips balance of power in region by moving more military into the region.
>Need to protect allied Japs and SK.
>Little Kimmy keeps firing missiles.
>Trump brings issue up and makes it now an International Crisis.
>The more Kimmy misbehaves, the more permanent presence and more military we move into the area.
>China freaks out as years of geopolitical manuevering are at risk.
>Kimmy keeps firing missiles.
>Trump moves THAAD missile defense onto South Korea. Only other places are Guam and Hawaii.
>THAAD missiles can identify, lock on, and destroy dummy warheads.
>Guess who has a lot of dummy warheads.
>MFW it's China.

No wonder Trump has gotten Xi to bend over backwards in sanction rhetoric, NK coal ships, etc. He's probably pissed the fuck off Kimmy keeps nutting in the pool.

China will assassinate Kim, or invade soon.

I WAS BORN TO KILL GOOKS!!!! FUCKING WAR FUCK YAAA!!

Damn, user has a point here.

what are you waiting for?

>rare-earth element ("REE")
has our shitposting gone too far once again?

>WHY THE SUDDEN INTEREST IN NORTH KOREA?

Sudden to you. Now read moar history and grow an attention span.

So-called "rare" earths aren't all that rare but economic recovery is a thing. If the Norks wanted more money they'd mine the fuck out of them with Chink help assuming their resources are commercially viable.

mining.com/scepticism-grows-north-koreas-massive-rare-earth-discovery/

Not that our little Nork buddy would ever tell a fib...

A casus belli would be nice. I suspect the stability penalty for shooting up a university would be pretty steep.

America, can you please move your troops out of my city. We don't want to be the platform for Nuclear war. All we do is drink booze and oppress Aboriginals.

Serious though, what is the time it takes for a nuke detection and then warnings to go out? How much time would I have after a warning to hop up, grab my dog and leave?

Why EU so clean:D

FUCKING KIKES

NEVER DOUBT THEM

This. Burn it all down.

Brazil is a natural reserve, you cant touch it
also would fuck world food production

This actually sounds like the most logical thing ATM.

I'm only still around because I want to be awake for the end