How would the earth being flat change your life?

If tomorrow we found out that it was undisputable the earth was flat with proof from every angle and aspect, what would you do? Would it make you change everything youve ever believed, or would you roll over and go back to sleep?

Im not here to see you flash out like an autistic retard because someone questioned your globe theory.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4SkcMK94yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It would change everything

The positions of the various constellations do change.
Also, if the earth is flat, then Foucault's pendulum wouldn't work.

I know what I'd do if someone posted a thread that isn't Sup Forums related: I'd sage and report.

>(((Foucault)))'s pendulum

Good goy. Pay attention to the smoke and mirrors and don't even think about looking behind the curtain.

It's a similar concept to when your driving in a car and the moon stays in the same place in the sky while only the foreground moves away. The stars are inconceivably far away, so that concept is amplified by a ridiculous amount. And also they are moving a bit, and we can calculate almost exactly where they will have moved and when.

>that image

Ever notice how the moon maintains a constant position in the sky even as you move around on earth?
The same principle applies here.

Also that is only assuming this isn't just bait

It wouldnt matter much to me even if the earth was in the shape of a can.

Flat earth or round earth it is all the same - it doesnt disprove or prove a God and it only reinforces that people in power lie.

Why would it affect any one.

the rest of the galaxy moves at the same rate as our sun you retard

2/10. Lurk more.

Why does anyone care if the earth is round or flat, it literally has no effect on your daily lives whatsoever

They have changed. They change every moment. In about 4 billion years our galaxy collides with Andromeda, reorganizing every constellation completely.

I'm ready to accept flat earth. I find the idea very appealing and it would be extremely amusing to see all the myths of sciencetards smashed in one fell swoop. I haven't committed to believing it though because I don't think I've seen irrefutable evidence.

If that happened I'd be happy - because it would probably cause a lot of people to begin questioning the stuff they were told to be true in school, the news, and so on. Then I'd be sad because if that sort of knowledge was released it probably meant shit was about to hit the fan and the creeps at the top needed some mass distraction or confusion as a cover to do God knows what.

And saged because 1 post by this ID slide thread bullshit.

If the earth was proved flat the whole modern world would be called into question. Modernity is premised on the copernican revolution: the idea that we are just a random speck of dust in a meaningless, mechanical universe. Flat earth would turn that entire idea upside down, and therefore modern civilization upside down.

>Muh goy
So you don't have an explanation for an experiment you can conduct at home that proves the earth rotates?

I can conduct an experiment at home that makes it look like my pencil has magically turned into rubber.

They do but slowly because stars are so far.

It doesnt matter at all

You plebs have not read Sherlock Holmes

i hope no one is this dumb

>Why haven't constellations changed?

They have, you dimwit. One of the most noticeable changes is in the Big Dipper. Over tens of thousands of years, its shape has changed so much the difference is visible to the human eye, and within a few hundred thousand years, it won't even resemble a Dipper any more.

Also:

>450,000 mph

Relative to what? Do you even Einstein bro? I bet you couldn't calculate a Lorentz transform if your life depended on it.

>Professional research is a conspiracy, you can only trust what you see
>Experiments you can do yourself are just optical illusions or some shit
Flat-Earthers really are astounding

>Implying numbers in pic are large and thousands of years is a long time. KYS

Considering we've based most laws of projectile motion on the earth being round, you wouldn't have planes, ICBMs, long range shooting etc. Listen to high school physics and do the experiments to prove it for yourself. Don't just believe something to spite a group you don't like even when said thing is entirely wrong.

But the constellations DO change over thousands of years.

>Calling a French Catholic a Jew

I would kill myself to escape this retarded matrix

GPS wouldn't work.
Flying east or west would take significantly longer than it currently does away from the equator.
Russia and Canada would be absolutely gigantic as would Antarctica.
ICBMs wouldnt be as accurate.
Satallite tv and satallite phones wouldn't work.
Satallite imaging wouldnt work.
I'm sure there are other issues but those are only ones that spring to mind.

>t. sphere cuck

Go right ahead. Nobody's stopping you. I recommend having a bit of money saved up for your funeral expenses, though.

T. Flat earther that can't into logic

>Flat-Earthers really are just larping

I don't think I'd like to live on a flat, upside down world. Wouldn't we fall off?

good goy

Some Flat earthers believe that gravity is actually due to us falling and the world is actually upside-down
I'm being serious.

what a shitty image

the constellations do change, but even then due to the mind bogling distances between stars requiring us to measure it in light years, anything you measure at a few thousand mph/kmh is insignificant in the short term

This.
Also, pic related to BTFO all flat- Earthers utterly and eternally.
The real question is will they ever recover?

I`d jump of the edge... oh wait.

>what is precession of the equinoxes

>they have changed

It doesn't work.

foucalts pendulum goes backwards and at irregular speeds, also it requires a push. All museum pendulums are electronic.

>Foucault's pendulum

youtube.com/watch?v=y4SkcMK94yw

How come you can't see the nearest landmass in that picture? If the world was flat you could.

>stars are estatic

But they have changed user. Just because our pitiful time of life forbid us to see it clearly is another thing. Or tell me user, you oppose god just because you can't see him?

nah there's lots of retards that believe this shit
a lot of them here -- go figure -- cite the reasoning as muh jews need ur space agency money even though NASA is extremely minuscule in terms of what they take from tax dollars

its in the center of the picture?

>Relative to what?
spinning around the galaxy, numbnuts

of course the galaxy itself is moving through space, gods knows how fast

>why haven't constellations changed in thousands of years?
Except for all the times they did.

But constellations do change over the course of thousands of years..... How fucking stupid are you OP?

when have they ever, and how can you prove that without convoluted theories upon theories with no basis in observable reality.

Protip: No one has ever actually been to space!

No they havent you stupid fuck. The aztecs said

This isn't politics. Flat earth fags need to fuck off. Even 4th graders are smart enough to see through your LARP.

a camera cannot capture that illusion asswipe

it wouldn't change my life. it would change everyone around me. ezekiel's wheels

You do realize that we have old star maps right?

>muhh indoctrination

People accept the reality they live in. If you dig deeper and deeper, do your research then make a conclusion. You'll find yourself questioning everything.

Most people dont want to question it. It's scary. The first thing normies do when trying to debunk flat earth is google image a picture of the planet of the earth. That is the first real time they actually analyze what they are looking at. It freals them out that these photos look like CGI.

If you send your own rocket into the sky straight up with a regular camera (not fucking go pro) the entire horizon is flat 360 degrees. Space shuttles are nothing but planes with jet engines. Shuttle and rockets never go straight up into space. They go up and curve into the horizon out to see.

I just do not believe the earth is round...sorry.