Why should I keep the faith?

Why should I keep the faith?

After 13 years of prayer for simple things, none are answered or fulfilled.

While I was a child and adolescent I prayed for God to keep me and my family safe, happy, healthy, alive and together, and to bless me and my love ones.
Yet the bullying went on until graduation, even on graduation day.
I was a good kid, got good grades, never drank, never smoked, went to college, and believed the "they'll be working for you someday" meme.
And now black children are bullying my 3 year-old nephew so bad at his daycare, he was punched in the mouth and got a bloody lip.
Where was God?

When I finally read the whole Bible, I got Baptized 2 weeks later. I felt nothing.
A year later I was fired from the best job I ever had for complaining my supervisor about the bathroom conditions, to the point I finally said I'd contact OSHA. It was a state job. They put me on their do not rehire list, and quite possibly got me blacklisted from all state jobs.

My parents didn't pay for my college, so I worked full-time. It took me 5 years to get an associates degree because of that. A degree in entrepreneurship, something no one will hire for, nor do I want to do.

Now only retail and shit work will hire me. I gained 50lbs and can't stand being on my feet all day. When I came home my feet were too sore to exercise.
After 2 years of praying for a better job, nothing. I'm not praying to win the lottery, I've prayed for a a simple 8-5 office job.
I finally quit my job after 2 years, and have been unemployed for 3 months. I have no health insurance because I'm 26. I'm 26 and still living with my parents.

I pray and feel nothing. I don't see miracles, I don't see signs, angels, or visions. I go to church and feel nothing. I've never heard God, Jesus, angels or any voices.

I'm giving God 10 days to turn it all around or I'm abandoning the faith until I see or hear miracles, angels, Jesus, or God himself.
Blind faith is not enough now.

Tell me why I shouldn't.

Instead of asking
you should have been thanking
God isn't a wish-machine

yeah i came late to faith, and then i discovered that the gods do answer- but the ways most men prayed to them was wrong.

Your dialing the wrong number, and facing the wrong direction- simple as that.

First post best post. God is not Santa Claus.

>Tell me why I shouldn't.

You're stupid.

My prayer every night for the past 8 years has been
Dear God Almight, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit,
Please forgive me for my sins.
And please keep me and my family safe and happy and healthy and alive and together.
Thank you for today.
And please, bless me and my family, and my friends, and America.
And please give me a good job soon.
Amen.

God doesn't exist, it's an instrument to sooth the existence of lower forms of life who believe they have no control over their own destiny, and also fear death.

Why did you complain?At work you just shut upand do what you are told. You deserve it for being uppity and running your mouth

Jesus slept on rocks, ate raw ass grain off the stalk, was betrayed by all of his friends, rejected by his people, scourged, beaten, tortured, mocked, slandered, and then was nailed to a cross and hung there for six hours while God poured out the Wrath of all sin onto his already torn body. All the while the Pharisees, whom Jesus was dying for, were mocking him, telling him to get down off the cross and save himself. And he could have gotten off the cross. But he didn't. He stayed there. For the very people who had done all of this to him, he stayed.

Get over yourself.

Jesus guaranteed you persecution.
If you want to really get things answered by God, follow what Jesus taught literally. Like forsaking all you have to spread the gospel. You don't have a job anymore, so that's a start! Now all you need to do is sell what you have and give it to the poor, and ally with fellow Christians who are also walking this path.
You cannot survive in the next world through money. Money is nothing but a tool. If you love money, you don't love God, and God sees who you love through your career choice.

Paco this is why we're building a wall

Magic doesnt exist. Miracles donthappen. Dead is dead. There is no soul no afterlife. You will never see your dead lived ones again and preachers and priests are conmen.
Live for yourself and for the day because once you die you are gone forever.

yes, thank you god for giving me the opportunity to slowly watch my vitality, health and mind slowly wither away with age with no possibility of reversing it.

Well if you knew what Jesus said, you'd realize we get a new body for the new life too, but it seems all you care about is the material.

I bet you're the type that doesn't get invited back to parties..and I can see why

Of course magic is real, why do you think God forbids the use of it and the Elites practice it?
>durr its just for show
Uh huh, they definitely made their billions through pure luck and human perseverance right? Satan had nothing to do with it right?

See, I knew this is all anyone would focus on.
I'm not asking for riches, I'm not asking for the world. I'm asking for a decent office job.
I asked for God to keep me and my family safe from harm and instead my toddler nephew is given a bloody lip. Instead when I was a kid the bullying never stopped, and no my nephew is going through the same.
I don't feel any thing when I pray. I do feel that he is listening, I see no sign that he is listening.

Jesus said, "ask and it shall be given to you"

Nothing.
No feeling.
No miracles.
No response.
No flashing lights.
Nothing.
Just talking to myself in the dark.

13 years
13 years of basic prayers and nothing to show for it.
2 years of the same prayer and nothing changes.
Read the Bible and get baptized and life just got worse.

A decent office job is not what God wants you to have. A full time job of spreading the gospel (through following the teachings of Jesus) is what God really wants for you. There is a reason all your job prospects have failed. Ask for the courage to follow what Jesus taught. Focus on spiritual things, not secular things.

Sage.

Go to /b with your bad bantz.

> Muh soul
Nothing is dumber than the idea people have an immortal soul. We are just animals

Bullshit
Why aren't you doing that?
Why haven't I seen even a glimpse of the divine or a word from him to do that?
Don't say its implied and said in the bible.
I know it is, but that means EVERYONE should be doing that.

I'm tired of blind faith.

Okay so maybe take five seconds out of your day to think about someone else instead of "me, me, me".

I know he listens. I know he sees. What you FEEEEEEEEEL is unimportant. What you WAAAAAAAAANT is unimportant. God isn't your little candy machine that gives you sweeties for your little tooshie when you get a booboo or when you clean the dishes for mommy. A harsh reality is that God wants you tough, and the only way to make someone tough is to put them through the ringer. If you are suffering, praise God for your suffering. It will make you stronger if you let it. But if you turn away now when it is hard, then you will always be a weakling. Any pussy can hold to the faith when God is showering them with gifts. Much harder to be a man and stand up for what is right when you're facing hardship.

Look at these guys. They have leprosy. That's a horrible disease where your skin basically melts off. I think maybe we'd all like God to help them out before he takes care of your minor ass problems.

Buck up and put on your big boy pants and prove you're worthy of blessings before you go demanding everything like a squalling little brat.

I'm gonna pray for you tonight, user. I love you and God loves you too. You'll be okay.

Read the book of Job

Maybe you are, but I know there's something more to follow for men then just eating and having sex. You just like to dehumanize yourself to justify subhuman behaviour towards others.

This is a great post. Do this. Also read Psalms 51.

How wanting God to keep my family safe "me me me me"?
How is asking for a decent job "me me me me"?

I'm tired of unanswered prayers and blind faith.

So if I don't see miracles, if I don't hear God, if Gabriel can't send a message, why should I believe anymore?

I'm only asking for 2 things
Job and my family to be safe.

No there isnt. You think humans are special and unique so you cooked up the idea people are immortal.
We arent we are just sacs of meat and chemicals