BREAKING NEWS: MacMaster confirms US demand for $1b payment from South Korea for THAAD deployment

For some reason I can't find an English-language article on it, but Yonhap News in Washington is reporting that the US government IS demanding that South Korea pay $1b for the privilege of having the THAAD missile defence system installed there.

This will almost certainly be rejected by the next South Korean administration under the leadership of Moon Jae-in. Without THAAD, the US forces in Korea are exposed to a communist missile attack, so we are potentially looking at the withdrawal of US forces there and the end of the US-Korea alliance altogether.

news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=100&oid=001&aid=0009231805

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Jae-in
youtube.com/watch?v=4irEo2U81gs
foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/30/mcmaster-says-us-will-pay-for-thaad-anti-missile-system-in-south-korea.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>$1 billion is too much to avoid getting nuked

Is South Korea poor or something?

No but the media has blown this up into a national pride thing so South Korea is not going to pay even if it completely destroys the country

>confirming something that's already known
welcome to 2 days ago OP

This has to be one of the weirdest moves yet.

>here we're going to install these missiles
>now you pay for them

No, this is new. It was previously reported that the US was dropping the demand or that it was just something Trump had said carelessly but now it is reported that the demand stands. The US appears to have changed their position... again.

I read it on KBS days ago
It's pretty funny that the US wants to jew korea on something they want for themselves too

Why should it be free?

If you want protection, it isn't free or cheap. If they don't want to pay, they do so at their own peril.

The irony is that while Koreans are raging about the US changing the deal, Moon Jae-in himself was in favor of reneging on it a few weeks ago and only changed his opinion because PUBLIC opinion at the time was in favor. Now that the media in South Korea is whipping up the Ten Minutes Hate against the US he's back to his old position.

Basically, "Koreans can cancel the deal and that's fine; if the US demands a token sum of $1b, it's an insult to national dignity, sadaejuyi blah blah blah..."

Still it is shit for anyone in Korea. This place is fucked if the US troops leave. If Koreans think they will be able to protect their interests from China and North Korea alone they are about to find out the very hard way how wrong they are.

Did they ask for it to be there?

As far as I understand, it's somewhere between showmanship and actually needing such a system as backup in case NK does do something bizarre. It seems to me to be an unnecessary destabilization.

huge if true, McMaster said only yesterday that America would pay
What you morons don't realize is that American presence in South Korea increases the chances of all out nuclear war

>$1bn for protection against being cratered
Well I hope the South Koreans, enjoy being under the leadership of Great Leaderâ„¢. Shit is cheap for a system like that.

Before that will come a USFK withdrawal and a subsequent threat to investor confidence

This could end badly for South Korea even before any invasion or attack actually happens.

Crazy fun fact: $1b is a mere 1/30 of the Korean annual defense budget and less than 1/200 of what Korea planned to spend on indigenous defense research over the next five years

These crybabies are going to literally total their whole country over faggy Oriental face bullshit

Why? We are operating it for our own interests. We won't withdraw troops, SK is too important as a foothold in mainland Asia.

I say we come to some compromise. Maybe drop the price down, or simply annex SK.

is a 1b payment enough of an insurance premium when the insured risk is nuclear war

id buy three, if i had th emoney

This is racketeering by the book. I know Americans don't care about world opinion but perhaps they should.

fuck you pay me

>No, this is new. It was previously reported that the US was dropping the demand or that it was just something Trump had said carelessly but now it is reported that the demand stands. The US appears to have changed their position... again.

That's not what happened. This system costs a hell of a lot more than one billion, too. South Korea would only be paying a portion. Why do South Koreans seem to overreact about everything?

It's delivering on a reasonable promise, but it's just being done in such an obviously obnoxious way.

Are we seeing somebody trying to sabotage the administration again?

Who cares. SK is our allies. we won't leave them to the commies over a measly $1b.

>MacMaster
Fake name.

McMaster is just another liberal who constantly undermines trump and he should be fired.

Thing is the guy who is about to win the election here is actually looking for an excuse to cancel THAAD deployment and possibly end the US-Korea alliance himself.

The Park Gun-hye scandal has destroyed the conservative movement in this country. There is now little to stop the left here from doing what they have always wanted to do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Jae-in

It's looking more and more like the us and China are conspiring to create a unified korea with a puppet government. The administration itself will likely be filled a mixed bag of cronies beholden to both us and Chinese interests.
I'm betting that a conflict will be orchestrated by the withdrawal of us troops.
Afterwards war will erupt but both China and the us will stay out of it until both sides are exhausted and society has basically collapsed.
At the point both China and the us will intervene jointly in the name of "humanitarian concerns".
We will then mop up what's left and institute the new regime.
I'm beginning to suspect a similar situation is already nearing it's end stages in Syria.
Once isis defeat is assured russia will denounce assad, again over "humanitarian concerns".
Afterwards a new joint regime will be placed into power

We've spent billions, sent thousands Americans to fight and die for their right to exist, and they're spitting in our face. You should see what their press and people are saying about us. Fuck 'em.

I have considered the possibility that Trump is deliberately asking for this $1b knowing that the Koreans won't pay - so that he has an excuse for a USFK withdrawal ("Hey, they wanted out").

This gives him a free hand to bomb North Korea without any Americans getting killed.

First, the USFK personnel and families will leave. Then if South Korea's economy tanks, people like me will leave. That way, there doesn't have to be any evacuation that will give the South Koreans advance warning of a US attack, or any way to object or try and stop him.

Which means that by the time the US attacks North Korea and subsequently North Korean shells start falling on Seoul maiming and killing hundreds of thousands of South Koreans, there will be few or no Americans among the casualties.

youtube.com/watch?v=4irEo2U81gs

Fuck off you idiot, it would be racketeering if:
"If you don't pay the protection fee, we will burn your shop down"
This is:
"If you don't pay for the security system for your shop, then you're more than welcome to not have it, but your shop will be vulnerable to thieves."

But I wouldn't expect a faggot leaf to understand things like this.

Why do you feel that others are entitled to the use of state of the art missile defenses we paid billions to develop, build, and we should bear 100% of the burden of installing, arming, maintaining, and training other countries in how to use them?

Either design your own missile defense system, or fuck you, pay me.

If the US withdraws Kim will be in Seoul in a fortnight. Trump is just forcing the South Koreans to share the expense for their own defense.
Fear of a commie rapecock onslaught is a great motivator.

Good

I don't care if it's defending Europe or South Korea, US taxpayers shouldn't pay 100% for other people's defence, the people you guys are defending need to chip in also

It's not going to happen, South Korea will not pay.

The incoming president actually wants a withdrawal, because he hates the United States presence here.

I mean, even if we want to turn our backs on them (probably justifiably) that would be stupid. They are our only ally on mainland Asia.
Sounds like Asia is going the way of Europe. Goes to show countries aren't people and have no loyalties except to themselves.

We're going to have WWIII, and the Koreans will pay for it.

Make America Goy Again. Fucking morans.

>Why do South Koreans seem to overreact about everything?
>South Koreans
Dude, there's a thread here "ALERT POSSIBLE HAPPENING" about some car on fire on some highway in the US.
P A N I C
A
N
I
C

It's board culture, not Worst Koreans being hypersensitive just because they live a stone's throw from a nuclear armed arch enemy.

Kangaroo Jack here makes a good point. America has been guarding the gates of paradise for long time know while the Euros and some Asians skimp out on their own defenses and use the money for gibs in order to buy votes to continue staying in power. A lot of people are going to be in a tough place if we decide to kick them out from under our umbrella.

did the Mongolians pay for that wall in china?

then you get reunited under kim-jung-fat, and your overlords become china instead of US. Happy now?

PS we won't miss samsung

>The incoming president actually wants a withdrawal, because he hates the United States presence here.

Sounds like he's taken bribes from the Chinese. Holy shit, why are all of your politicians so corrupt?

sorry i cant understand you all i could read is
"ching chang chong squint eye rice bowl chung ling li"

It's exactly racketeering. No mafiosi ever explicitly say "we will burn your place down". It's more like, "Nice shop you got there, I know the other mob down the street is interested in taking it from you... For a small fee we can give you protection against them".

and they're free not to pay, and then the mob down the street takes it from them. Racketeering is when the person blackmailing is the one doing the stealing if they don't pay.

>decides to install THAAD system in SK
>never talk about how much it's going to cost SK
>done with all the negotiations and shit about the system
>"oh right , you'll also have to pay us $1 billion dollars , lol"
Once a merchant , always a merchant.
Keep on making those sweet shekels for Israel , cuckmerica.

HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

...gasp

AHHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAAHHHA

the military will take him out before they let something that monumentally stupid happen

Americans died during the Korean War

Wow what the fuck South Korea?

what's it like being on the dole as a worthless paki manlet?

Might be that Trump is doing it to give everyone and excuse to have US troops leave South Korea in order to cozy up to China. We don't need the South Koreans to deal with the North, we do need China. Or at least them not to interfere.

What if Trump is aiming at some kind of US-Chinese alliance down the road. We wouldn't have to pay shit for anyone's protection because no one on the planet would dare mess with us.

>the US forces in Korea
So?
PULL OUT!

>build a new house after wild gooks ruined everything
>has cable installed
>"Oh right , you'll also have to pay for service , lol"
Same thing

so send yours for free faggot. from now on it's gonna cost ya.

Goodfellas?

>As far as I understand
which extends as far as the tip of your micropenis

Yeah maybe.

Israel tell US it owes them money; US tells SK they need to pay for protection.

I wonder who from?

>business man Trump gets in
>puts a tariff on oil coming in from Cucknida
>tells SK to pay them for THADDs
Wew. So far so good. I just hope he doesn't realize that Soros will pay him billions to get hundreds of thousands of niggers to migrate here.

Kek, honestly, if I were a small nation I'd pay it. Who the fuck knows if you're going to get glassed in the next second or not. A little reassurance that you won't is great.

yes and the police guarding my stores increases the likelihood that I'll be robbed too.

Lol, ok

We have naval bases in Japan. We really should withdraw all forces from ROK and let you decide your own fate. After we liberated your nation and have protected it for over half a century if paying for a special missle system to protect you is offensive and too much to ask then we really shouldn't be there at all.

Moral of the story?
Pay debts korea

>implying missile intercept systems actually work and don't miss the majority of a volley

South Korea does not pay for thaad. Us leaves Korea because of this. China ousts fat boy and unifies korea under puppet China regime.

China and Russia are happy for no thaad. Us is happy there is no more Kim.

Sounds like a win.

See, that wasn't so hard.

This presidency is relocating "rapefugees"in murica faster than obama, you guys really fucked up.

I see no reason for them to oust Kim at all.

He is developing nuclear weapons that threaten Japan and the United States. Why is that something they would want to stop? Clearly they currently do not wish to.

>choosing china over usa

Life is going to become very shit

Kek

>US fucks with North Korea
>Then asks SK for 1 billion $ for defense system (an offer they can't refuse)
Can someone explain to me why Trump is extorting the US's literally greatest ally for what is basically pocket change?

ok proxy detected

If you think the biggest threat to your country isn't your retarded northern cousins, you aren't in South Korea.

If SK makes USA exit the country I'll be ecstatic. Only military dole faggots seeking korea wife-bots will be crying over this

Because Trump is trying to turn Kim into a burden on China, not the US. Seems to be bearing some fruit. China's economy isn't in a great place right now and I doubt it would survive a major shake up from America at this moment.

>military dole faggot

Have fun getting Kim Jong Un'd.

Brits had it right when they used the Asians for sugarcane and rubber plantations while dumping opium in China. Those people have no sense of loyalty or respect for the individual.

He watched too many of those Italian American movies.

good, im sick of spending tax dollars on ungrateful foreigners. defend yourselves you cunts.

>if it completely destroys the country
ok,bye.

good fuck the gooks. i only care about white people, ie actual humans.

Cant have their cake and eat it too, we wanna help SK, but at same time sorry m8's 20 trillion in debt here so help out.

that's it good goy!!! don't give to any foreigners but us

Such fake news.

MacMaster was just on Fox and explained it.

foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/30/mcmaster-says-us-will-pay-for-thaad-anti-missile-system-in-south-korea.html

>the current agreement says that US will pay for it
>US will honor that agreement up until a new agreement can be reached, where SK puts the money on the table

HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

...gasp

AHHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

>After we liberated your nation and have protected it for over half a century if paying for a special missle system to protect you is offensive and too much to ask then we really shouldn't be there at all.
This right here. Let the Chinese have them. They're a liability to us.

cant pay for something if its been nuked. US should ally with north korea

israel can fuck off

of all the European leaders to btfo I'm so happy he did it to her

We should tell them all to fuck off and pack up our troops and send them back home. Then we watch the chaos that erupts and sell arms to all sides while staying neutral just like we used to.

>We're gonna build a missile shield
>and make South Korea pay for it.

Seriously though. Does koreans study history? Do you realize that the US saved you from becoming commies?
Maybe you can't wait to sing for master KJU.

The thing is, the older generation in South Korea, which has both a stronger loyalty to the Republic and a greater feeling of gratitute to the United States is dying out.

The younger generation here increasingly despises both their own state and the United States. There is a uniquely melancholy and demoralized atmosphere to this country in particular its young people.

They enjoy a higher standard of living than their forefathers, but are increasingly disdainful of their country's elites. In my personal experience younger people here are also far more likely to despise and resent foreigners whether they're US troops or mere English teachers like myself.

Have a look at any photos of pro-and anti-Park Gun-hye depnstrations.

Any pro- demo is full of old people waving ROK and US flags.

Any anti-demo is full of young people waving placards demanding her resignation that happen to be red and candles. If the anti- crowd were/are patriotic, they're not patriotic to the Republic but to the Korean ethnic group as supposed to it, which tells you a great deal.

Now, knowing the political inclinations here I'm sure some of you will be sympathetic to the latter group, and of course in my position my sympathies will be obvious. But the fact that the people who actually experienced the war support the Republic and the United States while millenials do not tells you a great deal IMHO.

Uh US putting the money forward is a shit deal for sk

Well, north korea IS best korea.

Get fucked GOOK

We'll take payment in korean waifus pls

this, if leaches of the world want to shit on us and bitch and moan about our influence they can try staying sovereign without us.

So they are basically western liberals in a nutshell.
I understand the situation now.

Vietnam all over again. Can't trust Americans desu.

The thing is though I'm not convinced we need a missile shield for Worst Corea. We do need a wall, and that was a stated campaign promise with legitimate national security interest.

Why do we bully SK at this particular point in time? Yes, they should pay for our protection racket, but it seems as though the intended outcome is the showmanship of it. Is there a reason why everybody needs to get even more upset about the norks?