Is tehre an atheist who would kindly pass me a number zero?

Atheist: The universe cam from nothing.

0 / 0 = Error: cannot divide by zero

Well, shit. I tried!

Atheist: "Nothing" does not truly exist, but rather it is dark matter. Hmmm.... but you said that the universe came from nothing? Face palm.. Dammit

Well, doesn't the number "zero" represent nothing? Is nothing something? Or what is it?

Yes, everything was created by a magical ape. Praise Harambe!

Matter comes from energy. There is negative energy and matter. Its hypothesized that when combined the sum energy of the universe is nothing.

Physicists only talk about what happened a tiny fraction of a second AFTER the big bang. They are pretty much clueless as to what happened before that (the "singularity" where their models break down)

I can pass you zero OF something. In fact, I jsut did.

Can you pass me the number one?

But it had a beginning
If it had a beginning then it had a Beginner.

You're assuming the same cause and effect that takes place within the universe.

But necessarily, nothing happened before the beginning of time, because there was no time for it to happen in. Therefore, there cannot have been anything which "started" the universe.

youre retarded. so its impossible a homogeneous universe came into being naturally, but you have no problem believing an infinitely intelligent has always existed and decided to create the universe magically for some reason?
>christfags actually believe this

>Atheist: The universe cam from nothing.
No, the theists claim there was nothing before the universe (the void)

Atheists don't believe in made up gods, but that has nothing to with science. That non-belief doesn't mean they automatically ascribe to any particular scientific theories.

If theists were a lot smarter, they probably would understand this relatively simple point.

But you can divide 0/0, it's just undefined.

If you have x divides y, that means that y can be expressed as nx, y = nx.

In the case of 0, we have 0 = n0, and n can be anything, it's just undefined.

No, we don't know if the universe had a beginning. Because we are inside this universe, we can't tell what it was before the cosmological expansion and because of gravity time dilation, we can't know how long ago.

true shitposting kino m8

>nothing magically became everything all by itself

Atheists actually believe this.

How can something happen before the beginning of time?

Ayyyyy

As an atheist, the argument isn't that the universe came from nothing. We don't know what was present before the big bang, it could have been a previous universe collapsing in on itself for all we know. That being said, most internet atheists make me embarrassed to use the term to describe myself, they're almost all cunts (although the same is true of most outward internet Christians)

you can divide by zero you retard, it just sets the real number system as everything being equivalent to zero, therefore making it just as pointless as your post.

non-sequitur. Just because something happened, doesn't necessarily mean someone had to have caused it to happen.

0/0 is indeterminate not undefined brainlaet

I just said that faggot
doesn't that violate the Laws of Physics, specifically an object will stay at rest until acted upon by an outside force?

My mensa-tested IQ is 147, what's yours?

You're arguing that Cause-effect must remain true, which is fine, I can understand your logic. But you're saying that the initial cause must have been a sentient creator, which there is no reason to believe.

Not saying that at all, your statement was just confusing
no idea, and regardless it doesn't mean anything towards you reiterating what I just said.

believing the universe cam from nothing is just as stupid as believing a magic wizard in the sky made it

digits if kek created the universe

Ah sorry man, thought you were In any case, if a person argues from the perspective of if an effect must always have a cause, the notion of there being an "initial cause" is a nonsense statement under that model of logic. Therefore making the notion of a creator redundant, unless said creator exists outside of those logical parameters, in which case why even apply the parameters at all?

>cannot divide by zero

Now that's an old meme I haven't seen in a long time.

what other notion of thinking is there to begin with? if Causality was invalid at the moment of creation, be it the big bang or whatever, then it introduces an entirely new paradigm. How do we even know if the creation moment was even a cause and not an effect of something imperceptible?

It's a good question. My answer is we simply don't know. Maybe we never will. But that doesn't mean I'm about to fill in whatever gaps in human knowledge with "It was definitely God trust me."

hence the questioning. I'm not objected to the possibility of a Divine Being, but there are so many other possibilities

"Nothing" is the only thing which logically CAN exist.
Exactly what moment were you, or anything, born?
You are not the body bro.
Existence is a consequence of having a finite mind.
This is the most basic logic.

This reads like a response to my shitpost. Well, I'm back from the dead with strong advice. It's a good thing you've come to me. However, unfortunately OP misrepresents my culture in a number of ways. I'm not a hamburger, I didn't debate anyone (as nobody replied before I went to bed), and I don't believe in spooks.

If you'd like to have a serious discussion, then make a new OP with an icon of a handsome man caressing a saintly white sheep.

What if there was never "nothing" in the universe?

Get the lighter, Jerry. We got ourselves another strawman.

>Atheists actually believe this.
Atheists are famous for their non-belief, particularly in made-up gods. Has nothing to do with Big Bang theory.

>nothing magically became everything all by itself
Adding an all-powerful Oz magician doesn't make this fiction any less ridiculous.
nothing magically became everything all by itself

>unless said creator exists outside of those logical parameters
The instant you introduce supernatural beings into logical syllogisms, they stop being logical.

Besides, why are theists so desperate - thousands of cringy threads on Sup Forums everyday - to try to make their irrational beliefs seem rational? Rationalizations are fallacies.

You don't see astronomers looking for ways to add astrology to their research. You don't see physicists incorporating alchemy into their papers.

No, you just see sad, desperate, cognitively impaired theists vainly trying to rationalize the irrational.

So much THIS!.

The problem with rationalizing faith is that these people are not basing it off what can be observed. Say what you will about Big Bang theorists, but at least it is based off calculation and theory and not feels.

yall ever hear of nihilism faggots??

No and I cannot wait for your oversimplified version of the actual definition.

Nothingness cannot exist. Reality creates itself from nothing.

>Atheists think something came from nothing
I'll take what is matter and energy for $500, Alex.
>Our sky fairy has existed and will exist forever.