Apostolic Christianity General

Apostolic Christianity General

>This general is for Christian denominations who derive their authority from God through apostolic authority. This would mean Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Christianity.

Everyone is welcome for discussion, community, pursuit of virtue, and the pursuit of truth. Be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
orthodoxwiki.org/Main_Page
assemblyofbishops.org/directories/parishes
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.goarch.dailyreadings&hl=en
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
pastebin.com/u/wolfshiem
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First of its kind so we'll see how such a general does.

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

CATHOLIC
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en

ORTHODOX
>Orthodox Community Wiki
orthodoxwiki.org/Main_Page
>Directory for Finding Mass
assemblyofbishops.org/directories/parishes
>Daily Readings App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.goarch.dailyreadings&hl=en

VARIOUS
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

How was mass?

It was good. Lot of kids, I was pleasantly surprised. I keep hearing how it's all old people, but when I finally go there was at least 30 little kids running around and probably another 15 babies.

Also I found out that we have over two dozen young men in our Seminary, so that's pretty cool. I sometimes get worried about the priest shortage and feel guilty like maybe I should become one, even though I really don't want to.

Orthodox is the right way

Orthodoxy is a lie

Calvinism is a lie

Catholicism is the right way

>This general is for Christian denominations who derive their authority from God through apostolic authority. This would mean Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Christianity.

and Mormons, lol

Geez, that seminarian supply you have is ridiculous. Where are you at, man?
Either way, excellent stuff.
You sound like it was your first time in that parish though. What brought you?

>Mormons

lolno. I said CHRISTIAN denominations.

Thoughts on Jesus Christ Superstar?
Is it blasphemy or an entertaining but not completely accurate look at the life of Jesus?

>lolno. I said CHRISTIAN denominations.

>Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints
>not Christian

nvm, sorry I bothered you. return to your Idol worship

Christendoms true form is Orthodox

thinking of converting to Catholicism. I'm married and I have children. Nobody in my family is baptized and I don't think my wife will be interested any time soon. I currently go to mass by myself very early on Sundays and during the week.

Is there going to be a lot of weirdness with rules if I am the only one in my family to convert?

pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
Orthodox resources
haven't seen a Catholic pastebin

>I'm just gonna post this and leave, sorta Christian related, as it deals with the end times
Turkey is the land of the Antichrist
Ottoman Empire will combine all the Kingdoms of the Beast into one empire, and it will return stronger than ever.
The Antichrist will be Turkish, and when he proclaims himself as God (not just Allah, but the Christian God as well), he will demand allegiance from everyone.
The Muslim world will worship him and pray in his direction instead in the direction of Mecca.
The Antichrist will receive allegiance from every Muslim in every corner of the globe.
Iran will acquire nukes, and will unleash them in a surprise nuclear war against the Arabian Penninsula, thus destroying their enemies.
Turkey and Iran will join together in the caliphate, and will wage war against the rest of the world.
The Muslims in the Western World will all rise up and wage war in a snap attack, at the exact same time, in order to collapse Western Governments, and pave the way for Muslim takeover.
Eventually, the Caliphate will use nuclear weapons against their enemies in the West and East.
Billions will die, especially in Europe, and India.
China will collapse due to economic problems and hatred towards the government.
North Korea will launch nukes (for real), and South Korea will be eradicated for the most part.
Japan will intervene in the war against North Korea, and tens of millions will die in that war.
Russia will face the worst of the chaos and the Antichrist's war, but will eventually come back stronger, and will be the leader in the war against the Antichrist until Jesus steps in.
Jesus will step in and decide the war, as once the non-Muslim world recovers from the global Jihad strike, they will wage war against the Antichrist, and be stalemated.
After the Antichrist is dealt with, Jesus will uproot and destroy the works of Satan.

The antichrist will be jewish.

orthodox reporting in. hopefully this thread won't just degenerate into a schism flame war like they always do

instead of arguing our differences, let's talk about how to take Sup Forums back from the heathen kekists. that's what we need to be doing

Is it true that there were baptists before the reformation? Even before the creed of Nicaea? Pastor Anderson is making me think and I don't know

I don't want to say lol sorry I get pretty suspicious on here. Midwest.

I only very recently got back into the faith after having left when I was around 9 or 10. I have always believed and considered myself Catholic, but the same old story; drugs and girls and parties and booze and being popular was more important than all that boring Church stuff.

Then a few weeks ago I suddenly became so fucking scared out of my mind that I was going to go to Hell that I spent pretty much all day, every day, just praying. I realized that I didn't even remember the words to the Hail Mary or the Glory Be. The Glory Be... man I was low down and dropping fast.

I had to come back or I'd have died of fright. It was so weird but I just knew that if I didn't somehow get to confession soon then I was going to die and go straight to Hell and I knew I deserved it. But yesterday the Priest told me I was forgiven and today I had Communion and now I realize that God was never accusing me or hating me at all. Satan was attacking me, and God was just gently trying to lead me to where I could get right again. I know people gloss over Confession a lot, but that's the most miraculous thing in the world. I don't know if it's sacriligious or whatever for me to say this, but I think Reconciliation is even more miraculous than the Transubstantiation. The fact that He can just forgive sins like that, just that easy... it's unfathomable.

catholic bros are okayish, Anglican is closet catholic, but 90% of Lutheran churches and the like just need to kinda go. We're more likely to see Constantinople, Antioch and Alexandria return to Christendom than convert pol

Still better than filthy Protestants and sandniggers.

Heh. Orthdoxy!

Speaking of blasphemy how easy is it for you guys to enjoy media with blasphemous content such as pic related

It used to be no big deal to me and I took stories to be well or badly executed but as time goes on my indifference to blasphemy has faded and irritation at times settles in.

Don't make me sad, brah. To be honest with you though, I never really have problems with protties. It's the damn catholics with their 'convert or die' mentality that are always accosting me about muh Peter and muh LARP blah blah.

Protestants generally align with Orthodox bros, because I suppose they were formed out of a hatred for Roman Catholics...

i didn't really care until it hit me that Christianity had been totally subverted in our culture. Now it sticks out really obvious to me. We live in a country where 75% claim to be Christian, yet I can't recall the last major movie where Christianity was present at all not to mention depicted positively

Those are terrible, man. I've only started realizing it myself as well. I think I was watching some Seth Rogen movie where all these degenerate references to God came up and I felt a sickness and revulsion for it all .. I've started to notice this pain at seeing degeneracy as I've gotten older and more into Orthodoxy.

Ben hur was kinda protoChristian. Last one I can remember.

The problem with protestants is that some of the denominations shave lead to some real fucking heresy
> he includes Anglicanism with the rest of Protestantism,
dude sort your shit out. I agree Orthodoxy is No1 but come on try harder

I'm like you. Didn't used to care cause "Whatever, God doesn't really care about that" but now I get a sick feeling in my stomach whenever I see it.

Gas the Protestants

Hence why I'm Orthodox.

Depends high Anglian or low Anglican

Baptism in Christian denominations and that of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints differ essentially, both for what concerns faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in whose name Baptism is conferred, and for what concerns the relationship to Christ who instituted it. As a result of all this, the church cannot be considered Christian bluntly speaking and has to be considered something different.

If you're not speaking of the same god, you're not of the same belief. Mormons claim historic relation to Jesus, but so do Muslims. How God is substantially understood is inherently separate from Christian denominations.

I hope one day we can all sit around the Father's table and be one, big family again. I hate that we have to fight our own brothers and sisters even now, at the height of degeneracy and Satanism.

But I guess every family has it's problems. We need Big Bro to come back soon.

Mormonism is some wacky Freemason NWO kike sheit, tbqh famalam.

I'll keep a hold of it and add it to the next general if this structure works out.
Catholic Pastebin is here:

pastebin.com/u/wolfshiem

Excuse me, pardon me. Traditional Lutheran here. AKA the True Evangelical. AKA the Prottie with the Body. AKA Get Swolla with the Sola. AKA the OG Reformer. AKA Nailin' these Theses after I nail yo' bitch.

Ha. No, but seriously.

>Implying anyone who isn't an Orthodox is my 'brother' and a Christian.

I don't think you understand, m9. I feel more in common with an agnostic than I do with a Roman Catholic.

high Anglican is pretty cosy with Catholicism. Low Anglicanism is for the lazy.
keked but let's not divide and conquer.

Question for everyone, what is the worst protestant denomination?

based.

kek. Jehova's witnesses. They're fucking lunatics. They think Jesus was Archangel Michael, and wasn't crucified on a cross etc. etc.

You Christians are just an offshoot of Judaism.
>Mfw some Christian sects worship a Jew

Acts 13:46 - "Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. "

Yashuah wasn't a jew. He was a Samaritan Nazare, and to be more exact the Son of God (not an Israelite). The very word "Jew" didn't even exist before the 14th century.

You are utterly and totally clueless

Okay. I'm sure that's exactly what Christ had in mind. Definitely. He would definitely love sectarianism.

>I like Titus!
>I like Paul!

Definitely the right way to go about things.

I think you mean talmudism is just a reaction against Christ

You guys always pretend you're not being aggressive with your passive-aggressive ecuminicism "yeaah seee we're all brothers seee? Nice, now forget about your schismatic Church seee? NIcea, see? See of Holy Pope, see?" On and on.

I respect you as a human, but please don't say we're all the same, because it's a lie.

You're all good, m8. I'm still impressed the midwest is pumping them out.
But that said, one of the best written monks of the 20th century was in a monastery in Kentucky so I guess I shouldn't be too impressed. North Carolina here.

You came to a good place in that whole affair, I've got to say. Though I would tell you that that there is no damnation for those who seek repentance and find sorrow in their misdeeds. I cannot assume of you at all or how you're doing personally but I do know one that longs for God and the virtue He brings already has God working through him.

God bless you, user, and thanks for sharing.

Hudaism didn't exist until well after 70 AD.

I think this is a slight improvement

>worship a Jew

We worship God. Jesus is an incarnation.

>Judaism in Heresy tier.

Hahah what? They're the devil, and half of those other (((religions)) can be classified under them as simply 'the devil.'

-t. Orthdox

i can identify so much with this. i tried to watch preacher and it triggered me so much i got angry and turned it off. and sausage party was satanic af

>forgetting he's descended from David and from the tribe of Judah

reminder that Manichaeism is the biggest cop out of all time
Judaism can be ignored it's of no significance how long can it last?

>a religion God started is the devil

>keked but let's not divide and conquer.
Agree! We must focus on bigger issues
Like how to stop fedora,jewish,liberal,mudslim,etc lies and shills

Judah=/=Jew

>"you (the Jews) will not see me again until you declare 'blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord'"
They're here until the end

Yep, they turned their back on His Messiah--what did (((they)))/(((you))) expect?

What the hell are you talking about? The word Jew was mentioned in the Holy bible a few times.
2 Kings 25:25 is the first instance, you can do the rest yourself.

Israelites were called Jews very early on.

Your statement about Jesus not being a Jew is also obscene. Have you not read John 1? On top of him being a descendent of the Judah tribe. What an absurd statement.

You call me clueless, yet you haven't even read the opening books of the New Testament.

That's where the word came from. Where do you think "Juden" came from?

well said, have you ever been to the Hagia sophia? Views on iconoclasm?
doesn't mean they have to be influential like they are now.

God hasn't completely fulfilled His promise to Abraham, and He never goes back on His word

Are you braindead? You do realize the word Jew came from Judah. It's Yehuda, Jews call each other Yehodim. Stop talking out of your ass Ameriflap.

No, I get it. This shit runs deep. I'm not saying I'm any different. I just want it to end. It ain't right, man, it ain't right.

God bless.

I know that now. It's very strange. I was so given over to despair that I had it all completely twisted. I was wrapped up in my own self-pity and pride and I kept on trying to argue instead of listening. I hope I never fall into that kind of crap again. It's so embarrassing now that I think about it. I was such a loser, lol.

>((()))

Blah blah blah. You're such a fucking faggot. Whatever I say there's some little jewey argument that pops up, but what about bahoba ba goy goy?

Rabbinical judaism is a reaction to Christ. So much shit in your demonic religion is an (((inovation))) including Kabbalah the Zohar etc. etc.

Fuck off, jew.

>Rabbinic Judaism is a reaction to Christ
The Sanhedrin and the Pharisees existed for a while before Christ came

Came from /derived from does not mean equates to. The people in the New Testament were Israelites--and Holy Jerusalem is in Heaven, not on earth, dog.

Haha, user, you chill. You're good.

Nice argument there bud. Highly intellectual individual right here folks. The top of the line.

You should stop pretending to be Christian and embarrassing your denomination.

I'm not even going to mention how wrong you are about Rabbinic Judaism. I give up on you, just like your parents.

Have a good life, hateful man.

You're so retarded that it hurts

not those of the talmud

The mishnah is a redaction of the traditions of the Pharisees and the decisions of the Sanhedrin

Oh Look JIDF/Haasabara Came to samefag; wow what a bunch of kike faggots.

I'm a Calvinist. Good try, though

Milan your favourite cathedral?

Your dedication to the old law will get you nowhere. A new law was written in Christ.

Hurr durr people give solid arguments thus they're JIDF and shills. Fuck you're so immature.

Same fucking difference, devil.

Sofa king we Todd ed.

I'm not a Jew

>being this passive-aggressive and wrathful

user, calm down and act in charity.

I pray for you all brothers

>it's one of those holier than thou Catholics
I hope you like purgatory

Go away jew. You always come to trash up our threads. We never go into yours and say "hey fuck you kike", but you always come into ours and blaspheme our Lord. Fuck off.

>not telling that to

Wolfy, you know this bullshit should be on instead of here. Fuck off and die.

That happens every time they post. Stfu

You're right. Sorry for acting so stupidly. Hope you can accept my apology.

I don't even believe you aren't one of (((them))). Gross. I guess you 'had no choice.'

heh, no problem.

He won't. It's a sin to act civilized to non-Catholics according to Canon law

>heh
Fuck off, reddit

Hey I've got Catholic friends that are civil sometimes.

>i tried to watch preacher
Why the fuck sould you watch that shit? Why would you watch any garbage AMC puts out?
Preacher is a quality comic book, the TV show, like every comic book adaptation, is a pile of shit.
You're issue is you're retarded.

I don;t know enough of them to have a favorite, honestly, but I have to say the Milan Cathedral is really up there. Spectacular stuff.

I've been meaning to find out where in Spain is though.

Do you have a favorite, user?

This pic is for you too.

I work my way down the thread.

Good to see you user.
I'll see you next time.