The Pacific island of Tonga is the most obese country in the world...

The Pacific island of Tonga is the most obese country in the world. Up to 40% of the population is thought to have type 2 diabetes and life expectancy is falling. One of the main causes is a cheap, fatty kind of meat - mutton flaps - imported from New Zealand.
bbc.com/news/magazine-35346493

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20609972
bbc.com/news/magazine-35346493
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Had a girlfriend nicknamed mutton flaps

Doesn't sugar cause diabetus?

Are they sure it is the mutton flaps responsible?

Referring to her gooch, or her jowels?

Take a biology course you roo-nigger

Are you telling me someone who gets obese through a high fat diet will be just as likely to become diabetic as someone who gets just as obese, but via sugar and not fat?

Are you saying sugar has no role, it is just how much you weigh?

What are you trying to say you disgusting leaf?

So what they are happy with the life they chose.
They probably don't even have Sup Forums over there.

That is a funny plot twist. Everybody probably thought radiation would kill them.

It looks like they finally get to "everyone is drinking soda" at the end of the article. Have to blame whitey somehow so they blame New Zealand for selling them cheap meat

Learn yourself

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20609972

Yeah, the author and their ilk have no understanding of economics. they seem to think western countries are obligated to send prime cuts and sell them cheap and anything else is racist. Or that maybe sending anything at all is a kind of cultural perversion and the Tongans should just be left to eat fish and roots and stay "nice" and non-western.

You first.

This looks like it's saying having a fatty liver causes diabetes. Fatty liver isn't necessarily connected to fatty eating. Most people get it from drinking too much.

Can they sue New Zealand?

They have an obesity crisis because thinness is associated with low social standing and fatness with high social standing (pic related, 19th century Tongan king). The only way to stop it is to to flip that around

It is though. Is called non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Its from being a tub of lard.

All the western media influence will achieve that.

I am sceptical of the claim that fatness still gives you high social standing there though. There is nothing high status about not being able to wipe your own arse, and getting limbs amputated from diabeetus.

deport all savages

Tongans are fucking cavemen. Who gives a fuck if they get fat and die? Its their fault for selling their fishing rights to china. Dumb boongas

Are you from a rival tribe m8?

Kek

True, but that's from being fat. The question was about eating fatty meat vs sugar to become fat. A 300lb coke drinker is going to be worse off than someone that eats a lot of fatty ribs. OPs article is unfairly targeting the imported meat.

tongans are the niggerist islanders around. They are far more niggerish than samoans or maoris.
They have sloped heads, sunken eyes and lack any cognitive brain function.

Is it really the meat or is it washing everything down with sugary soda?

Fukashima is mostly agriculture.. how would testing nukes thousands of miles away from tonga even have any effect? when you move you produce radiation syupid burger

>buy food
>eat it
>get fat
>sue the people that sold it to you
?

yeah that image will fuck off once tongans are wearing black all year round

I can't remember the last time I saw mutton or hogget at the butchers, it's all exported to the sand niggers or island niggers or processed. I miss it, i really like the stronger flavour compared to lamb

There is a big population in sf bay area. Holy shit they are fucking fat and worse than primal niggers. And and one house have 5 families.

doubt that. I drink two coffees, a can of mother and something sweet before the fat cunts at work have even had a sip of water

U saying paleo doesn't work?
Wait till Silicon Valley hears about this...

should we not sell our meat overseas? I know we have the highest salt content in our soil so its hard to grow shit so why feed our grass and soil to animals that will only end up in sandland or in some coconuts arteries

We export all the good meat (expensive) and all the bad meat (cheap), all that is left for Australians is the bland mediocre meat (still overpriced).

>bbc.com/news/magazine-35346493

"New Zealand and Australia sell large quantities of mutton flaps to China, Mexico and African countries
In Europe they are used in doner kebabs"

NZ is based as fuck, new heroes of Sup Forums

the more I look into this issue, the more it seems the BBC and activists have picked out one particular food type unfairly.

These fat islander cunts also eat tonnes of canned meat (spam and corned beef), instant ramen noodles, and drink gallons of soda.

The reason they picked on the lamb flaps is because this story is just a means of introducing a "racism" and anti-western narrative from nothing.

>should we not sell our meat overseas?

I wasn't saying that, meat exports have always been important to Australia. It's just that everything is so vertically integrated these days and what describes is happening that we are not able to buy the things we used to

They export quality meat and import shitty leftovers that Turks make kebabs with.
Moderation doesn't appear to be in their vocabulary though.

My point was that obesity in general causes metabolic disorders. As long as you are eating enough calories of any type of food, you will become obese.

in summary, NZ exports lamb and venison to 1st world countries, then the left overs that is unfit for 1st worlders is shipped off to scum of the earth niggers and chinks lulz.

No shit, but the way you get fat has an effect as well. Sugar causes diabetics. There are skinny diabetics just because they would consume so much sugar but still exercised a lot.

i would be willing to bet either those people are type 1 or are still overweight, cause you sound like you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Insulin resistance causes diabetes, not sugar.

Good island goy, eat your meat to grow up big and healthy! We sell it to you cheap!

Lamb flaps are actually pretty nice. We used to have them when I was a kid.

What you do is you lay them out flat, heap on herb-seasoned breadcrumbs, and then roll them up and tie with string.

You bake in an oven on a rack so the fat drains away.

They are really good. Go great cold the next day or on sandwiches too.

What causes insulin resistance you mong? You have constant insulin being produced because you eat so much sugar, your body grows tolerant to it, so your pancreas has to increase production, the cycle continues until your pancreas craps out aka you get diabetes.

kek

enjoy your kebabs goy, i'm sure its halal

Bullshit.

Everytime I see one of these epically obese lardasses at a restaurant or fast food place they stuff their bloated faces. Most people eat to live but this race of fucking halfwits live to eat.

Also, they're too retarded to balance their checkbooks. More bounced checks from these throwbacks than from any other race, niggers included.

>checks
I still struggle to believe Americans use checks to pay for things at stores. It is so dumb.

People still write checks?

I didn't mention that was when I had a part-time job in retail many years ago.

They pay for their groceries at the supermarket with them. It is insane. And they don't even realise how stupid it is.

Last time I saw a check in real life was 1999.

My fellow Americans,
We cannot allow this continue. We need to bomb Tonga to reclaim our doublewide throne

>so they blame New Zealand for selling them cheap meat
then chimp out when they starve

Don't islanders find being fat attractive?

Fat Asians are my thing!

that's great but it doesn't explain why tongans born and raised in new zealand are just as fat.

I've noticed that people from the cities are fatter than people from the countryside.
It's easy to understand this. We have to walk longer distances to go shopping, visit friends etc.
We also have bigger gardens so most people grow fruit and vegetables. Also a more healthy lifestyle.

There is no waiting list if I need to see my doctor. I can phone in the morning and get an appointment the same day. I'm over 40 and get a check every 4 months. Blood pressure, weight, piss sample and other things. It takes about 15-20 minutes and is done by the surgery nurse.
I don't mind, because it's preventative. The medics can tell a lot from blood and piss.

Here country people are generally fatter than city people.

I was told it was a wealth thing. More $$$ = more food.

You want cringe?

I don't know much about Australia. I've visited. My sister lives in New Zealand.
She wants me to move there, but I don't want to, as I'm comfortable here. But about diet and health: my mum was born in 1942 and had to put up with rationing after WW2.
My grandmother taught me how cook with only a few ingredients. Cooking good food is a worthwhile skill. I think my country gets a bad reputation for food because of the post war years.
But that's for another discussion.
Fat people rely on microwave ready meals, and take-away food. They don't make meals so they get fat.