Drug Policy Thread #2

What changes to American drug policy does pol support? Needle exchanges? Narcan with no prescription? Addict surrender policies (cnn.com/2016/02/05/health/new-hampshire-heroin-tactics/index.html)?

Inb4 let them die/ be Duterte

--

I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl . My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life. I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that's goin on right now that's killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada. It's out of control and there is no way to protect our children from this other than to warn them of the dangers of drug use today. I've lost my son to this horrible tragedy and want to make parents aware that it can happen to anyone who decides to touch anything that can be snorted up your nose. Fentanol is the number #1 killer in Canada and it's taking our children and loved ones. Please share this with your family and friends to help prevent another tragedy

fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/mom-who-lost-son-to-opioid-overdose-shares-heartbreaking-photo/517733569

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D7Kn5p7TP_Y?t=5930
liveleak.com/view?i=3bf_1493515715
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

complete legalisation across the whole world

That pic always makes me hurt a little inside

why?

Because that poor kid?

Nobody likes seeing cute white kids suffer.

DEA Form 225

> This form is for new applicants. Any person who does not currently possess a DEA registration to conduct business with controlled substances in the following categories may access the application form. The categories of applicant who can apply using this form are manufacturers, distributors, researchers, canine handlers, analytical laboratories, importers, and exporters.

It was heroin , wasn't it?

Decriminalization of errything

Portugal has the right idea- addiction is a health problem, not a policing problem

I live a few miles from where the picture was taken.

that was probably the best thing that could happen to him

I would agree that the DEA monopoly needs to end. Interesting that nobody ever questions the constitutionality of the Controlled Substances Act.

In the meantime has anyone ever heard of Suzanne Sisley? She is a doctor who was trying to research marijuana and was fired. I think her arguments about how NIDA's monopoly via University of Mississippi on legal research cannabis (usually low THC% and poorly grown) doesn't help making sure people can say, we have enough evidence to know whether to legalize this.

I guess but still not the best way to start life. I can't imagine it would be easy living the rest of your life where the last memory you have of your real parents was being trapped in a car for a few hours while they sat dead in the front seat after overdosing

(From old thread)
Oh Im sorry you're one of THOSE guys. Yeah Im sorry for insulting the mystical magical LSD wizard.

Look I understand what LSD does. It amplifies your senses and makes it difficult to think. You become very overwhelmed and have trouble understanding the relationship between your body and the environment (this is called ego loss).

That's all that happens. It's bizzare, it makes no sense, and it offers ZERO value to you or your life. Just because you drew some fractal pattern on it and thought it was cool doesnt mean it increases "Creativity".

And yes, it takes years to become confident. People dont put in years to do things and they really should. It's easier to drink so they do that instead.

I dont have much problems with caffeine but alcohol is just an excuse to remain autistic and forever alone.

Is there a story behind it?

junkies being junkies

youtu.be/D7Kn5p7TP_Y?t=5930

The fact of the matter is that employment in the West is incredibly bleak for people with an IQ of below 115. People IQ of below 85 are basically unemployable.

So men, young and old, have no jobs or shitty jobs, and they get injured or develop chronic pain as a result of depression, then get prescribed opiates. So then they get hooked an spend their days chomping down oxy and such.

Unless we can think of a way to put these people to work the drug problem is going to get worse, especially with automation making another tier of humans obsolete.

As it stands the only way to end the DEA monopoly is to play by their rules.

Track the entire process and then publicize backlash.

Fentanyl need not be snorted to be deadly

Remove need for prescription
More treatment and education, less deadly cheap meds

Junkies gonna junk

bump

Fuck you junkie pieces of shit making it harder for people with legitimate chronic pain to get opioids prescribed.

My PCP won't even prescribe them, she refers people to a pain clinic with a 6 month long waiting list to see a doctor.

You may think it offers "zero" value. But I found it profoundly spiritual, reality is not as real as you think it is and you don't need drugs to tell that. It does help you experience it though. The rest is really a non-argument, if you think fractal patterns are the extent of LSD creativity then continue to believe so, live in naivety.

And where would all this spare time be to develop confidence, is it even achievable or realistic to expect people to do this? When it would be simpler to let people have their alcohol and educate people on it's effects.

Drugs are bad. A lot of this shit is prescription anyway, and you know who's behind insurance and drugs. Get them hooked on opiates and if they don't kill themselves with the drugs you supply, cut them off and then they'll turn to the streets and die there.

I think there is a lot of shit going on though for us to have gotten to this point. I don't take pills for anything, not even a headache, and yet we have people popping opiates for a little back pain.

Some people are week and will do this kind of shit no matter what though. Make it legal and supply shit if you want, but only if it serves to lower crime. The state shouldn't have to take care of people who CHOOSE to be useless and incapable. Sucks for your kid, but some mistakes are expensive.

Complete legalization of all mind-altering substances. From a minarchist perspective, some amount of regulation like with tobacco and alcohol. Otherwise, no controls. Let human nature sort it out.
>A girlfriend ODed 2 years ago.
>My home state is ravaged with heroin and oxy
>The Drug War has created more, weirder and plentiful drugs
>We have to do this.

>What changes to American drug policy does pol support?
Legalize everything. Treat addicts as sick people. Let them kill themselves if they want to

>Let them kill themselves if they want to
Ain't nobody's business if you do.

#1: Legalize most drugs.

very true.

Automation is within a few generations made a series of traits which used to be extremely useful and were widely disseminated within the species and made them completely worthless.

99% of human existence valued strong men, the genes of strong men are very well disseminated. Now strong, stupid men have no purpose. It's going to make things really bad. Things will get much worse before they get better, and they may not get better until after we are dead.

subdermal time-release naloxone implant for and work-therapy for junkies
death for manufacture or distribution of meth
deschedule, regulate, and tax cannabis as a recreational drug for those over 25
deschedule, regulate, and tax LSD/psilosybin as a recreational drug for those over 25 (full responsibility for all crimes committed while under the influence unless managed by a professional handler)

Death for traffickers. Rehabilitation via solitary confinement for addicts.

Total legalization. No money wasted on enforcement or clean needles for idiots. No free healthcare of any kind of addicts who are dying due to their own stupidity. Freedom to do what you want, freedom to suffer the consequences.

what would that do? how would the government regulate it? would they even bother regulating it? so niggers can sell dope on every corner and not get arrested?

so many questions...

do you live in a state with medical cannabis? Some chronic pain conditions respond well to it. CBD works on inflammatory pain, and some strains have terpenoids that have a muscle relaxant effect for some forms of cramps. THC itself has some analgesic effect but it's only about as strong as codeine, a bit stronger than tramadol.

I just ditched hydrocodone after 2 years of that for medical MJ for the last month, it's been better for me.

Can you imagine the amount of insanity that would unleash on the streets in a month if people will be able to buy shit like meth without any restrictions?

Like the insanity in portugal after they legalized everything and crime dropped?

I tried it, but it doesn't work for the type of pain I have.
I had multiple surgeries and have metal plates and screws in my hip and arms.
Once I lose a little weight it'll be easier and less painful for me to exercise. I'll get off of them eventually I hope

I'll have to read more about that, to be honest, but I seriously doubt that they would just simply remove all regulations on drugs and just let them to free market lol

Look into it. But it does make sense. Drugs aren't hard to get as it is and the people who want them will get them. Once they're legalized regular people won't just grab some crystal meth on their way out of the pharmacy. Why would they? They never did it before and the fact that is has become legal doesn't make it suddenly attractive. There wouldn't be any insanity, just less crime. It's been done.

>inb4 let them die/be Duterte
But this is the right answer you fucking faggot

move weed and acid down the schedule, bump fentynal to schedule 1, give ludicriuos sentences for dealers that are found with herion cut with fent like life or maybe even execution.

I shouldn't need to get into the reasons why the black market is bad but for you normies out there, it creates:
> violence, as disputes can only be solved this way
> harder, more potent drugs that initially decrease risk for larger profits (crystal meth probably would not have existed if not for prohibition of other substances)
> gang and criminal culture that no one wants
> no control over substance quality, often using dangerous adulterants (see: fentanyl crisis on the west coast.)

You need complete and utter legalisation across the whole board. Tax and regulate recreationals, provide clinical availability for harder substances. Policy will have to be adjusted based on the drugs and circumstances.

People who do hard drugs are going to find a way to do them regardless of the law. Firm action has never resulted in less demand and only increases drug prices due to risk which brings even more crime into it.

>make fentanyl schedule I

some people legitimately need it though, like terminally ill cancer patients. I mean if they overdose on it in the hospice ... well. at least that was probably more comfortable than dying from their cancer.

Schedule I is ultimately retarded. All drugs have medical use.

i dont understand why they did this in there car why not wait to just get home

yeah your prolly right on the schedual thing though i feel like if we were to massively disinsentivise the cuting of fent with herion like if your caught selling herion cut with fent the sentence would be excution dutera style i bet u thoughs fuckers would stop.

No, not really. There is a death penalty on the books for some levels of drug trafficking already and DA's can add homicide to a charge if they find a dealer was deliberately cutting with a toxic substance. It's been done in the past.

Here's the thing about harsh penalties for a crime: They only work as a deterrent if your perceived risk of being caught is high.

RIght now, being busted for drugs you think it must be really lenient scheduling is the reason people risk drug use/dealing, if it was a death penalty nobody would risk it!

But the reality is, being busted for drug charges can fuck your life up forever, even for minor possession charges it can ruin your chances at ever landing a decent job.

Nobody wants to be caught with illegal drugs.

But the reason people risk it is because they think their chances of being caught are really low.

In a smaller country that's easier to control the borders of, like singapore, or the phillippines, being islands, it's easier to take a hard stance and claim that works, It's simply easier to control trafficking anything into your country.

The US those same tactics don't work. Gun bans work on islands too, they wouldn't work in the US. Too large of land borders, hard to secure those land borders (and they're some of the largest in the world including the single largest land border in the world and it's an almost open border), and too big of a market/demand.

Drug bans and gun bans won't work in the US for the same reasons.

Lemme redpill ya on something, incase you didn't know.
The Black Market is the NWO shadow organization trying to take over the world, not NATO.
Our Countries are just using retarded fucking tactics because they have to.

>They have infiltrated every NATO government to some degree.

>Humans that are aliens, but not different species', just from elsewhere.

>Timelines cannot be altered via time travel.

>Jesus Christ, Lucifer IS Time/Space. We live inside of him but we reside in his Plasma (Read onward to understand what is meant)

>This is not a simulation, but we live inside of something alive. Lucifer is to one day be the ONLY Titan, once he contains the rest. The War on Drugs is more than one would think.

>Magic is, but it is alive. It is what will end this War when the time comes.

"The Wages of Sin are Death"

>"Narcotics are a Sin" ~ TKOS

>Things are alive, in the Beauty & The Beast (The Cartoon) sense via the Plasma that they are made of, and all matter is made of Plasma. This Plasma can only be manipulated by the Will of Christ. If it chooses to manifest through you it will not feel as though you are manipulating it, but you will see yourself acting. "Do NOT Cast in the name of God". It is not possible unless Christ Manifests through you. It is similar to Possession, or if you know Mass Effect 2, when The Collector "Assumes Direct Control".
Fire and Air are the same element. Fire is just agitated Air. Plasma is the Fourth Element.

Don't try and talk to your couch now, but you will see. Maybe you already know.

>The enemy uses Magic, currently, but the Magic (God in a sense) WILL turn on them. They use only Non-lethal Magic. This is because they are restricted, and believe they are the one's in the right. (They do not KNOW. They know NOTHING. They believe it is a simulation we live.)

Few know how strong a Kinesis of any kind is/would be.
Literally all of the elements conform to the Air, even Plasma.

>NATO has technomagic.

/End

>even for minor possession charges it can ruin your chances at ever landing a decent job

>implying subhumans want a decent job

Forgot about the Human Trafficking.
That's a huge part.
>Satanism too

Regardless of the emotional impact this may have on people, enforcing stricter regulations on drug users DOES NOT reduce drug crime. All you're doing is putting more people in jail(prisons are already over 50% drug crimes) and costing the taxpayer more money that doesn't prevent people from getting drugs. Decriminalization and legalization are the only ways we can monitor active drug users and get people help before they kill themselves, NOT punishing the users or dealers after the fact for simply using the drug.

Ya know what else i forgot?
>Lucifer is always, ALWAYS watching.
His Aspect of Punishment is the Aspect Dante saw on his "Trip"
>His Aspect of Forgiveness will come at once, for all. It will appear as the Christ we see in pictures, but it will be gold, and the brightest thing the world has ever seen, come to (Literally) Remove all darkness from the world. Not a shadow will remain.

That is the day of his Victory.
On that day, the War will be over.

>Lucifer is aware of all life in existence, at once.

>Space is Infinite
>The God of Moses exists by default
Checkmate, atheists.

>inb4-ing the only solution
baka desu senpai

>most addicts are self-medicating psychological trauma
>let's treat them using more psychological trauma

i think it all should be legal
>why does the gov get to tell you what you can or can't do with your body
>as long as your not directly hurting anyone else
>drugs can ruin or end your life, but so can dirtbikes or other offroad equipment.
>those are legal and theres kids young as 6-7 racing them, which is particularly more dangerous than just going for a ride on them
>its legal though

Legalize all drugs
Let them die

>i dont understand why they did this in there car why not wait to just get home
Withdrawals hurt.

>best thing that could happen
>unless he has well-adjusted relatives, he's going to go into foster care
>if he isn't adopted by age 4, he'll never be adopted
>with the baggage he carries, people will consider him tainted
>good chance he's going to suffer more shit, abuse, neglect, etc.

Yeah, there are some decent families that adopt children and that's great, but most of them adopt young children. Apparently no one wants orphans over age 5 or 6 very often. And the whole foster care and CPS system is a total scam. Neglect and abuse, including the sexual variety, are more common than not.

Am I still on Sup Forums? This is the cuckiest thread I've ever seen. Or you're just a bunch of drug addicts.

Legalisation but regulated to indoor use only, outdoor intoxication or outdoor drug use comes with a fine/prison sentence. All drugs legal, but no driving under the influence and again no public intoxication.

You will solve many problems and generate much revenue going down this path than continuing on down the failed path that has been going on for decades now.

Opium bars were a thing years ago, a good thing. People got along like a pub, it went bad when they made it all illegal.

Legal high shops were great, not a problem until they banned them here.

The archaic view on drugs is just a way to ban fun, people will get high regardless, the government should be milking that cow for all it can but it won't because it wants people to be as miserable as the government workers are.

ANTI FUN! Fuck you governments, I hope you are reading this you cuck faces.

you'd need to make exception for like, smoking on your front porch. Not everyone wants to stink up their home.

Sounds like drugs are cleaning out the trash, wish all drugs gave instant death so degenerates are cleansed from this world.

Mandatory treatment for users of hard drugs.

Legal everything else.

Smuggle dope, people, or weapons I don't like? 20y hard labor, or helicopter ride.

Death penalty for convicted drug users/dealers.

liveleak.com/view?i=3bf_1493515715

we should kill them all

iirc this couple od'd, but didn't die. Kid went to CPS

No drug policy period. No support. Let people do whatever drug they fucking want, but don't give them welfare if they are a cracked out nigger.

More rehabilitation for addicts in accordance with the disease model of addiction.

Death penalty for dealers and smugglers. Most murderers only end up killing one or two people, but a drug smuggler can potentially kill hundreds or thousands, albeit indirectly.

Also, most of the opioid derivatives (including fentanyl) are coming from China. In fact, the regulatory and oversight in China for their pharmaceutical businesses are an absolute mess, to the point that just about anyone with the capital on hand can open up their own pharma company, churn out mislabeled or otherwise poor quality oioids without the Chinese government having any knowledge of it, and then ship them to the United States so some kid can die in an alleyway from and OD.

We need to take China to task for this and step up our DEA efforts to burn crops in the Golden Triangle (Burma, Laos, Thailand) because this is where most of the opium is being grown before being smuggled into China.

I'm a law student who has spent the past 3 months helping a professor and his colleagues draft a report to present to a congressional commission aimed at combating the opioid crisis, so I'm reasonably well-informed about related matters. AMA, I guess.

Remember.

>thinking it's feasible to kill off a majority of your population

>Fentanol is the number #1 killer in Canada and it's taking our children and loved ones.

Typical leftist refusal to accept responsibility. No, Fentanol did not take your children and loved ones. It didn't magically appear in their body. They made a decision to consume it and are now experiencing the pharmacological consequences. And they did that, probably because of shitty genes (impulsiveness is largely genetic) and shitty parenting (although parenting could be futile if you look at twin studies of separated twins).

Also, I'd like to add that the owners of Purdue Pharmaceutical, which is responsible for about 99% of the current opioid crisis are both Jews.

If you don't know the story behind Purdue pharma, basically they marketed Oxycontin as being less addictive than the alternatives despite there being zero evidence for this, and made a whole bunch of other lies to convince doctors to prescribe it like candy to patients.

Something like 80% of current heroin users started by abusing Oxycontin before moving onto heroin.

Safe injection sites.

no talk here of dmt?

this is really something that should be legalized ASAP.....even moreso than cannabis

The legal prescription shit is worse than the illegal shit on the streets.

Can you believe that?

Thanks to your neighbors in the PRC, the illegal shit is catching up pretty quickly, though.

If this is revenge for the opium trade, I wish they'd confine it to getting back at the Brits and the French.

spoken like true degenerate.

People like that (and you) should get one bullet in the back of the head, the only truly safe solution to that problem.

Or Duterte style- tied with adhesive tape and stabbed to death.

Unless I misunderstood your post and you was talking about safe lethal injections sites.

>disease model of addiction.

>non-adaptive behaviour with reinforcing substances
>disease

>12 Step groups
>not cults

look up FosB

Posted it before I could.

People who deny the disease model are only going to make the problem much, much worse.

We would go a long way towards fixing our drug problem if we took two simple steps

1) Treatment for users
2) Go full Duterte on smugglers/pushers/lying pharma companies

The lying pharma companies are the worst, if nothing else than because of their hypocrisy. The purpose of researching and creating medicine is to heal, not to get half the nation hooked on valium or oxy or whatever vile shit they push for billions of dollars of profit.

They should be lined up against the wall and shot.

>deny
Watch it with the religious language.

>if we took two simple steps
You cultists love ýour steps

1) Treatment for users
If the problem is medical so should the treatment. Unfortunately the standard treatment is AA religious cult brainwashing, which if it's used should be proven to be statistically significantly better for all subjected to it than a 15 minute "knock-it-off" session.

I'm not sure why you keep inferring that I'm advocating for 12 step programs.

Legalize it

Create 'fix rooms' for addicts to get clean needles, have doctors and nurses nearby, help them into getting clean if they want

This removes the organized crime earning money on the drugs.

Also gets most of the addicts off the streets.

More is needed, but this is just the start I guess.

But a lot of powerfull people earn money via drug trade right now, so I don't see it happening

Can someone explain this pic, are they kill?

Duterte policy

Maybe because you don't specify what you mean with "treatment". Are you talking about gene therapy? As it is, the AA cartel has a pretty good lock on the industry.

Legalize all drugs and let the problem solve itself by natural selection.

Buprenorphine and Naltrexone are good ways to start if we're talking opioids, but successful treatment entails lifestyle change. And no, "lifestyle change" is not a code word for AA, which you seem to have a hate-on for.

Sustained addiction alters the brain, creating new neural pathways. One of the results is that the prefrontal cortex is altered creating a "reward path" that is triggered by certain behaviors and situations.

An alcoholic should avoid going into bars. That's a lifestyle change.

A dope fiend should avoid passing by the location where he used to meet his dealer. That's a lifestyle change.

Someone whose addiction stemmed from self-medication should get proper medication for their underlying disorder and generally sort themselves out (get exercise, make friends, ertc.) That's a lifestyle change, you idiotic Swede.

The "treatment" you propose against the "disease of addiction", avoiding situations that would trigger a relapse, is standard ADVICE for dealing with just about any BEHAVIOURAL PROBLEM.

You treat any behavioral problem with Buprenorphine?

Environment change is cure. Ditch drugfriends Read lord of the rings 10k times. Don't ask do. U b golem. Become hobbits. Freedom to choose is self management so drug illegal seeks good but removes a temptation meant to challenge. Also good for black economy and fentanyl is complex science how get complex science? So confuse. Reject give up think completely you can not suicide you're trapped here no escapes. can't do then just believe cant believe then always hopes

Love is

This.

>"lifestyle change" is not a code word for AA, which you seem to have a hate-on for.
I'd have no big problem with AA and its offshoots (other than advice to steer clear of religious cults) if it weren't for their nexus with addiction treatment industry.

Only when the behaviour is taking opioids. Opioid antagonists are pretty good at removing the rewards. Anaesthesia is not a disease, either, notwithstand that nalaxone is given against it when it's no longer needed and the patient needs to start breathing on his own.

Duterte

Only weak human beings die from overdose.
The ones that live are either smart and take small doses or physically strong and survive the higher doses, while their junkie pals die.
Natural selection.

>he made a mistake
Oops, I just accidentally shot up with synthetic heroin.

How's the weather?

It's sunny and warm (about 60 fahrenheit). I'm celebrating Valborg with some mead. How's it over at your end?

Start speaking Finnish

Duterte is the only right solution

Jeesus on humanisti! Vitun ruma neekeri. Mee pois.