Why don't americans drink tea today?

Why don't americans drink tea today?
I understand you not consuming your enemy's beverage in the early days of your country, and some years after you gained independence, but here we are - 200+ years of it, and most of you still find tea revolting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Tea revolting

I see what you did there.

All that wording just for a half assed Boston tea party pun. Nice try but please do better next time !

tea is pretty meh

The only people I know who drink tea is my sister or my mom when she's sick. I can't stand tea. Arizona green tea is good though.

First ingredient is high fructose corn syrup

So?

That's weird. I almost never make tea because it never really occurs to me, I just drink whenever I'm thirsty and don't want to wait for water to boil. But when someone asks me if I want some tea and I take it, I always like it. Don't like tea without honey or sugar though.

you can't fry tea, therefor 'murifats won't consume it

what's your point?

Too busy drinking Mountain Dew and getting obese.

Obligatory tea thread post

Have you tried it with milk & sugar & cocaine ?

Perhaps that it isn't "real" tea? I haven't tried it myself but there's no way that bottled stuff can rival a good, freshly-brewed cup of tea.

I mean, I'm drinking (hot) tea right now...

Tea is high in fluoride. Nyet nyet commrade.

i like green tea cold from the fridge

My sister had me try a whole lot of different teas. Even ones imported with honey, sugar, and all that. I can't stand the taste of them. I usually only drink water anyways but when i drink something else I usually prefer shit like pop and gatorade. I can stand Arizona green tea and mcdonald's sweet tea, but the only reason they taste good is because they're stuffed with tons of unhealthy shit.

In my experienced sugar stuffed arizona tea always tasted better than any fresh brewed tea.

Not enough caffeine in a short enough time. Americans have actual jobs and work long hours. We need energy to slave away for the Kikes!

Did you pol anyone from the south? We love our black tea, but drink it sweetened and on ice.

>> All I ever drink is iced tea unless I'm in the sun working.

I think the first ingredient of you guys' tap water is high fructose corn syrup too.

In fact, it's best without the milk & sugar tbqh. the tea is optional too

Is that even tea? I have a bottle of the watermelon one here and it doesn't say tea on it.

>tap water
no one drinks tap here

You make your tea with bottled water?

It has some tea in it, but it also has tons of other unhealthy shit. But the more unhealthy something is the more good tasting it usually is.

Ever tried Genmaicha green tea? I've noticed that it's quite palatable for a lot of people compared to other teas.

Do you live in Flint? Can you light your urine on fire if you drink it?

by ice i assume you mean redneck produced methamphetamine?

caffeine addiction is for pussies

So you buy bottled water for cooking?
Lmao 1st world country my ass.

Because it's filled with shit m8, made for American tastes.

>being a third world country

that's a very unsettling image

I tried enjoying coffee for ten years, had a cup of tea for the first time in forever and just suddenly realised coffee is fucking shit and tea is amazing.

Small wonder given that it came from the islamic world.

That's true. But I think only some of the Arizona flavors are actually ice tea, and the rest is just a random sweet drink, no? Some of them specifically have tea written on them whereas others don't. The blueberry white tea one is amazing though.

Probably going to get bullied for this but yea, i take a bottle of water, fill a cup and microwave for 2 minutes when my mom wants tea. Tbh I don't think I've ever seen a kettle in person.

Never heard of it, I'll look it up.

I live in Las Vegas

There's estrogen and fluoride in the tap.

Filled with shit doesn't make it taste like shit.

We drink iced tea mostly.

Yea there's tons of different shit they make, pretty sure their lemon iced tea has no tea in it. But I prefer green tea. It's actually the most healthy drink they make.

>microwave
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To me coffee is absolutely disgusting, lol

I know it's an acquired taste, but thats a taste i dont wanna acquire

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for wording it so eloquently.

because coffee smells better, is far superior, and was embraced in everywhere but an island.

Hold on a minute.
Do you microwave water and put a teabag in it after you take the cup out, or do you microwave it with a teabag?

I've done that before when I was making tea but forgot to turn the water boiler on. Works fine.

Put the tea bag in after it's done microwaving.

>Most healthy drink they make
First ingredient is suger meaning it is composed mostly of such

Easy to say when from a Spic pov but here in the real world history counts for something. So the most important consumer good of all time remains highly influential and a good reminder of how good things could've been.

Still the most healthy think they make compared to their other drinks. Never said it was water tier.

Monkey falling for the caffeineted jew

Also coffee stinks worse than shit don't even lie to yourself

I loev tea. I drink black and switch between coffee regular and black coffee.

Once you add something to coffee it's ruined.

Water doesn't go to microwave, you're not making proper tea. Water boiler or better yet, stove is the way to go.

This just sounds sad and makes me feel sorry for you. And I don't even like coffee.

It's the exact fucking same thing if you microwave the water.

I agree once you brew coffee you've ruined the drink

Sometimes when I drink tea on an empty stomach I get really nauseous and break out in a sweat. It is always the shitty lipton bag teas. Is this normal?

Other teas are fine. I've got a few varieties of real teas but I only make them when I'm too lazy to get coffee.

Makes me sad tbqh.

i drink tea faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic

Coffee is better

Well, it depends where you go. Southerners are extremely fond of their "Sweet Tea," but I for the most part prefer coffee.

Couldn't tell the difference. Also I highly doubt you can tell the difference between watee boiled on a stove and water boiled in a water boiler.

Are you serious? It's not real tea, it's fucking sweet water - and it's not even good at any of that because you get all the insulin and none of the energy.

Tea's supposed to be natural you fucking peasant.

Fake sugar tea tastes better than regular tea.

It doesn't fucking matter, either way you're just heating up water.

Could you please share more on Sweet Tea I heard that from my sister who satyed in the south for a few months.

Thank goodness. I know people that microwave it with a bag in, and complain that they're "just not a tea person" because they can't brew their tea properly.

Because it isn't tea, it's closer related to soda

The problem is you have to keep drinking regular tea until your tastebuds adapt to the sweetness of the milk.

My brother did that once, the plastic on the tea bag handle melted and caused the fire alarm to go off.

Great digits there.

Tea has gotten a lot more popular in the US ever since like 20 years ago when Teavana started introducing people to the fact that tea can actually be good when it's decent quality and loose-leaf as opposed to disgusting teabags from Linton's.

And yes, I realize Teavana doesn't have the greatest tea in the world, but before then tea was just viewed as something you drank when you had a sore throat or something, now quite a few people drink it.

For me it kinda depends on what time of day it is. In the morning I always drink strong, black coffee either from my French press or my espresso machine. But if it's afternoon and I'm out in my garden, or if I feel like eating some warm rye bread as a nighttime snack, I'll have some black tea to go with it

Can't stand green tea though, tastes like grass

Heating

>drinking FUCKING LEAF water

>plastic on the tea bag
What the fuck?

i want to drink kumis tea.

It is closer to pop but it still has some tea ingredients, well some of them do.

Sounds fkn delicious though. Just looked that arizona stuff up and they sell it in tescos here. Going to try some, the peach flavour sounds good

This might be true but the one or 2 times I tried it I couldn't tell the difference. And boiling on a stove and a water boiler is definately the same thing.

Peach is pretty good. You should try Black Tea with Honey.

>pop
Yankee scum, the south will rise again.

Get the blueberry one (!!!)

Pretty sure people who don't like tea have never actually drank proper hot tea.

There's literally no difference to the water whether you boil it or heat it.

pls do

trust me I have, my sister used to make me try all different types of hot tea. worst time of my life.

wtf i didn't know what it was until i saw the eyes
fuck that shit mate

Depends if the water is full of bacteria though I guess?

What history? You British faggots culturally appropriating tea from the chinks?

Then put it in the microwave for 5 minutes.

Beyond the revolutionary connotations, it's likely that coffee's sustained popularity was due to being cheaper and more abundant - lots of coffee plantations in Central & South America and the Caribbean.

Can you name me one thing Americans didn't appropriate from other cultures?

Grassy tasting green tea is due to using too hot of water and/or brewing for too long.

stetsons

Wouldn't it start boiling then? Pretty sure water needs to boil to kill bacteria. Our tap water is among the cleanest in the world though so I don't really have experience with it.

Do any of you drink herbal tea?
Those are quite popular in the Balkans and have a stronger, but also, more mellow taste compared to "proper tea".

Living on reservations

It's probably Lipton to the Brits, but I like Twinings , if I heat the water on the stovetop, their bagged teas are pretty good, looseleaf is obviously superior. The main reason we do coffee more in this day and age is because of the conveince, big carafes can be filled just as your waking up due to most modern coffee makers have timers, even with that it doesn't take long for it to brew anyways. I think most American find to too laborious to heat the water in a sperate kettle and move it to pour it over the tea leaves and then let it steep for the required amount of time. In general we'd rather just pour boiling water over grounds and let the juice pass through a filter because it seems easier.