What do Russian-bros think about this masterpiece?

what do Russian-bros think about this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoqiDOivUCo
imdb.com/title/tt0173024/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
youtube.com/watch?v=PlCaZl61yDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Russia-Chinese here

Its just Russian problems in a nutshell, its only a masterpiece because Putin didn't feel like censoring it.

Do you speak both Russian and Chinese?

I'm not Russian but I thought this was one of the best movies of the last decade.

It's Tolstoy in film. The satire, the religion. Just like one of his short stories.

A little bit over the top. Still not bad doe.

>A little bit over the top

It's a film, Ivan.

Its really good

Lol, Sven wanders in to give his five cents.

So is this "Awesome Monster Movie" or "Monster Movie That Could've Been Awesome Except It Tried To Be All Deep And Meaningful"?

t. never heard of this

post-modern regurgiation shot exclusively for european festivals

The monster is Russian corruption.

It's a black satire on modern the Russian state and the oligarchy running it. There are also biblical themes.

could have been much better, but too slow since it is pandering to the Yurocuck art house crowd.

It's not post-modern though. It's realist.

When I think of art house, this move does not come to mind.

"The Fool" is much better tb.h

Entertainment wise I would agree, but it doesn't have the complexity of Leviathan.

Only Russian and English, never bothered with Chinese, its too hard, Hong Kong has a majority of english so it okay for me

So, what are you doing in Hong Kong if I may ask?

>muh corruption, Putin is finished

Every Russian knows how the goverment is corrupt, Putin still has 80% approval

>muh corruption, Putin is finished
Forgot , fuck religion. The most interesting thing about the movie is that it was funded partly by the Russian government

are you ethnic russian?
Is Putin the levithan of russia?

cinematic realism puts focus on recognizable and evident surroundings, not paint a dismal, tedious and condescending parable where circumstances are set to reaffirm political convictions of its director.

>I'm not Russian but
exactly. the russian audience didn't recognize russia in this flick

In HKU and running away from Military Service in Russia. Im basically Siberian/Manchurian, but I look European for some reason

In russia, the movie critiques you.

What do you study there?

You don't seem to understand what realism is.

Was expecting biblical monsters, only got more shitty human drama. Will watch one day but not today.

Getting a bachelor's degree in Chemistry so I can get into Medical school and become a doctor like my dad. Why so curious?

So is life in Hong Kong like a cyberpunk fantasy?

Leviathan is absolutely atrocious
boring and miserable

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoqiDOivUCo

Go away ФCБ

Like Deus Ex? Nah, its something you'd expect like major cities except a lot more colorful buildings and very hilly. The pics you see online about HK is accurate for the most part

Are you more attracted to Hong Kong or Russian women?

You mean Ola?

HK women here are all golddiggers, Russian is obviously more sexy

Why ask so many question tho? If anything I could be using a proxy and lying to your digital face right now

It looks like caricature of Russia full of political bullshit.

I like "The Postman's White Nights" more - bleak and realistic film.

Why would you go through all the trouble? So what kind of job do you have in HK?

Is this Kaiju movie?

Idk what he's trying to accomplish, but you are interesting as fuck from a place of pure curiosity. Good luck dodging the Russian military and with your studies and shit.

So have the White Nationalist gangs in your country gotten worse?

Tfw literally no any good movie during putin epoch. Last ones were in early-mid 90s.

Such as?

Fool is better

>HK women here are all golddiggers, Russian is obviously more sexy
in Korea if you call a woman a Russian it means prostitute

isn't your national penis average size like 4 inches?

What does that make a half Russian half Korean woman? ...asking for a friend

I'm an American studying here for a year
if the guys are as small downstairs as the girls I'd believe it

dangerously crazy

It was okay, preferred Durak (the fool). Ostrov (the island) might interest some here if they havent seen it.

Why study in Korea? Are you a trust fund kid? What are you majoring in?

Ostrov is fucking fantastic. Atheists will never understand it though.

I don't, just a student in HKU, my dad funds my education. Never worked in my life
Thanks, you have fun with your political situation
In Hong Kong, we call suicides a Korean and Japanese hobby

I watched it about a year ago. It's a depressing fucking movie. Basically the protagonist got his life ruined because his wife was a cheating whore.

If you want a good Russian movie, watch Solaris or Nostahlgia.

>trust fund kid
No, poor family but great test scores == big financial aid and scholarship, I'm here more or less for free

I'm a CS major but I'm not really studying abroad to study; I wouldn't have a chance to just go and live and experience a different culture like this for a long time if ever so I thought I'd go for it. It's been a blast and I'd recommend studying abroad to anyone

it's shit

you can also tell it's shit, because the only people who bring it up aren't intelligent or anything, they just need affirmation

How do you get financial aid to study abroad? I only receive enough financial aid to go to state college for free (around $13,000). How much is education in korea? Obviously, you receive classes in English?

do you get a lot of puss?

>A little bit over the top.

If you like Tolstoy, have a look at Posetitel muzeya (Visitor of a Museum) by Lopushanksy. It is a similar vein to stalker. Dead mans letters by the same guy is also bizarre.

Aren't those very experimental films? Don't really enjoy that kind of stuff. Loved Stalker though.

Anyone know the Russian movie where they are in a research camp in the arctic and one of the guys goes crazy? The camp is powered by a decaying uranium generator.

my home university just repurposes the finaid/scholarship I would have gotten there, I'm not sure how public schools work with that but I'm sure the people at your study abroad office could guide you

I take some classes in English and some in Korean (I studied Korean for a few years before coming here, I'm no master but you don't need that much language for STEM stuff). They offer English classes but again that'll vary from school to school

solaris

Sadly, nobody likes a 5inch uncircumcised dick

Really? It's not a space movie. It's in the arctic.

I think the guy from memory was a student of Tarkovsky, hence the museum film following a similar vein. Just less well known, heavily symbolic. Lots of 'degenerates' in the film, both literal and symbolic, perfect for pol.
imdb.com/title/tt0173024/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Solaris is the one where they visit a space station orbiting a planet

Paragraph 78?

I found it. It's called How I Ended This Summer. Fucking awesome movie.

I view it following way - movie is about egoistic individuals (bad guys) versus state, church and society (good guys). Good guys win and lavish Orthodox Church is built. Happy end.
Archetypal story.

But they build a hotel, not a church.

it's a movie financed by russian ministry of culture.
it's very realistic but defeatist and that's hy (((ministry of culture))) gave money to director so russians will lose even more hope and will to resist status quo
t. nationalist

Director tried too hard to portray Russian depressive reality and the movie became some kind of caricature.
The protagonist is completely unrelatable and lazy-written. He basically drinks all the fucking movie.
Disregard the flag, I'm russianfag cyкa

Will do, ambassador.

>But they build a hotel, not a church.
Which hotel?
Looks like a comfy church to me

>The protagonist is completely unrelatable and lazy-written. He basically drinks all the fucking movie.
top kek, just like average russian prol

They definetely built a church and it's actually important because it's supposed to symbolise hypocrisy of the 'official' religiosness(destroying several people's lives to build a church which is supposed to help people)

Is it true that their are Russian cities in North China?

>leviathan
>Monster Movie
Behold: the American education.

>Reeeeeeeee

there were before red army and nkvd started soviet-japanese war in august 1945, all russian immigrants were sent to gulag(they escaped revolution, were whites and loylists) and all russian heritage was destroyed, now Harbin is just another chinese city
sad
fucking commie cunts
>ywn immigrate to russian minoriy parts of manchuria
FUCK YOU COMMIES RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

i liked it very much.

what films do you recommend in this genre? specially russian/eastern-european films.

"Durak" is pretty nice

>Awesome Monster Movie
fucking burgers

in this genre maybe - Lungin's The Island (2006 film) or other Zvyagintsev movies if you haven't watched
The Return (2003)
The Banishment (2007)

Perfect depiction of the russian reality.

The issue with ones views of "Russia" is that Russia is big, but most represent only own viewpoint of very small part of it.

So everything good and bad people tell about Russia is true - somewhere at russia. Modern, enthusiastic, rich, prospering and advancing neibourghs poor, rusted, tired, rundown and corrupt. You cant tell objective picture of "overall Russia", since you coudnt even compare two neibouring towns let alone all the regions and places.

this
smart cookie you are rusbro

No no, it was about a repenting corrupt official who donated to the church because of his bad conscious. and the events unfolded as they did, destroying further innocent lives.

>Europe
we country now

I'ts ruzke shit
youtube.com/watch?v=PlCaZl61yDY

Poccия дeлaeт caмa

/thread

>russian oligarchy corruption mov

Чтo дeлaeт caмa? O чeм ты?

>>Bad russian oligarchy corruption mov
Fixed

jesus christ, i understand russian runes! it's a miracle!

i've read an article on first russian nuke:
>There are several explanations for the USSR code-name of RDS-1, usually an arbitrary designation: a backronym "Special Jet Engine" (Peaктивный двигaтeль cпeциaльный, Reaktivnyi Dvigatel Spetsialnyi), or "Stalin's Jet Engine" (Peaктивный двигaтeль Cтaлинa, Reaktivnyi Dvigatel Stalina), or "Russia does it herself" (Poccия дeлaeт caмa, Rossiya Delayet Sama)

Oh, I already thought that you understand Russian.

i did understand your post.
that must be some ancient slav connection

So you are half slav half chinese?

Chinese father and slav mother?

>that must be some ancient slav connection
Maybe)