Explain Mormonism

I don't want to hear about them being weird or how it's a cult or something, I genuinely want to know about the religion.

What is this the foundation of Mormonism? How would you explain it in a single paragraph? What makes them "Mormon" and not "Christian?"

They follow the book of mormon written by Joseph Smith not the bible.. It's a different way to pray. Also polygamy is allowed.

Why do they all end up being so friendly? If expect the same of Christians, but that's not always the case.

They got bible + 3 of their own books and reject the Holy Trinity.

This pretty much rustles most christian jimmies.

They believe the god of this planet / universe was once only a man, and eventually you could be the god of your on planet / universe. It's like their heaven.

That does sound kind of culty... lemme guess, you have to be a perfect Mornon to be a god? And you have to donate shittons of money to be a perfect Mormon?

Joseph Smith prayed to know what which christian church to join and God and Jesus Christ appeared to him and told him to not join any, but to bring Jesus' church back on earth. He was sent an angel who told him to find, unearth, and translate a lost holy book that was kept in America. The book was written by people who were separated from the old testament civilization before everyone was taken to Babylon. Joseph Smith was given the priesthood and restored the original church of Christ. Also polygamy was ok for the first 70 years.

That's the story. If you ask me though, I don't think its true.

Mormons also believe that the afterlife is a three tiered heaven, and everyone goes there. Instead of a Heaven/Hell scenario. They believe the only way you'll go to Hell is if when you die, you see God and reject him to his face. Otherwise as long as you came to earth and lived, you'll get a relatively happy afterlife in Heaven no matter what.

And they do believe that God was once a man.. which sounds fucking crazy until you think about christian's saying that God is Jesus... and holy shit.. Jesus lived on earth as a man.

So why bother not being a shithead their whole lives?

Religions have myth, doctrine, and practice, which don't have to agree. The Judaeo-Christian bible outlaws eating shrimp, but plenty of Christians ignore that just like they ignore the turning-the-other-cheek thing. The Mormons have some crazy myth in their own books, but their actual practice seems to be driven more by other doctrines and teachings. Mostly their actions are driven by principles like "Choose The Right," which isn't so much part of the foundation of Mormonism as a recent evolution. Mormonism has evolved a lot over the years. Mostly Mormons seem very happy and healthy, which is probably why you don't see them on Sup Forums.

Also, they run the deep state. Their inevitable takeover of the US will lead to a new golden age of America.

there's a mormon in my army platoon
mormons are fucking weird

>Also polygamy is allowed

Didn't the Mormon church start discouraging its members from practicing polygamy in like, the late 1800's? You also aren't legally allowed to have multiple wives in the US, regardless of your religion. It's just multiple girlfriends in that case, and I can have that without praying in a pyjamas or giving money to cult-like organizations

mormons are a little weird but i think people confuse the cultiness with jehovas' witnesses

Idk but Mormon girls are hot and kinky

We marry young, have lots of WASP kids, and have the lowest divorce rate of any group in the US. Our happiness levels are the highest too.

Mormonism is the ultimate redpill.

MAGIC
MORMON
UNDERWEAR

Watch south park, episode was pretty good and concise.

It's another religion. They're pretty much all the same, fairy tales for 5 year olds that people take too seriously. Then again, like dogs are bred to Obey, you're bred to Believe. Takes effort to override your DNA.

Is it any better or worse than the other religions? Never seen a Mormon blow himself up for the nonsense in his head. so there's that.

Don't see hordes of Mormons invading other countries, shitting them up and making them worse. Don't see them agitating to get rid of pork, although getting alcohol in a Mormon dominated stronghold is difficult and expensive.

They have additional books, collected together in "The Book of Mormon", that includes stuff ostensibly found by the founder. They also treat their high priest(I forgot the official title)'s encyclicals as scripture. This adds many new ideas now present in normal Christian scripture. They are morally well behaved though, which is good. (Also, famous for having multiple wives in the past, but they no longer allow that.)

>now present
^not present

So here's what happened:

There was a guy named Joe. He found some magical golden tablets in Pennsylfuckingvania or somewhere that allowed him to talk to angels or some faggy shit through his magic hat (don't ask, it's a church secret). The angel told Joe all kinds of weird shit like Indians are cursed Jews but neglected to warn old Joe of more pertinent information (such as, "hey, Joe, be careful in Missouri lol they're going to massacre your guys and exile them to the west"). Through many tribulations, the Mormons established their promised land (Utah for now, soon to be Deseret in some Fallout-type universe) where they run a global empire of nerds in ties who ride bicycles around the world to try and convert people. If you're a good Mormon, you get to be a god of your own planet, like Jesus.

That's it.