These island nations could be underwater in as little as 50 years

>Climate change may still seem far off for some, but for the people of the island nations of Fiji, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Vanuatu, and the Marshall Islands, it is already a disturbing reality.

As First World countries are most responsible for climate change, don't we have a responsibility to help the people in these countries before they sink? We should accept refugees from these nations into our country because we caused their suffering.

>Kiribati, a nation of 105,000 people in the central Pacific, could be overtaken by the ocean in as little as 50 years, Kiribati President Anote Tong said at the climate conference.

>Others, like Fiji and the Marshall Islands, have suffered floods and droughts that have destroyed crops and forced entire communities to relocate.

What are your thoughts, Sup Forums?

businessinsider.com/these-island-nations-could-be-underwater-in-as-little-as-fifty-years-2015-12

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03/un-official-admits-global-warming-agenda-really-about-destroying-capitalism
heretical.com/cannibal/fiji.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>even more refugees

Are they smaller now than they were 10 years ago

a bit. Sea levels have risen only an inch or two so...

I think you need to lurk moar faggot

I already have their flags in my collection so I'm fine desu

Only retards and assholes deny climate change. Personally I don't want to get schlonged by China owning the solar market in 40 years so I'd say let's start making it a priority.

Oh, and there are 30 million muslims in Bangladesh who are gonna get flooded out with 2m of sea level rise and I'd prefer they stay right where they are

fuck you bro, this is my honeypot

Tfw no more rare flags :'(

Get out. Both u and op

sea levels are rising you fucking idiot
climate change is real, debate me

>50 years ago
>island nations could be underwater in 50 years
>now
>island nations could be underwater in 50 years

Meh, they said New York would be underwater by a decade ago.

>could be
>might
>sources say
>possibly

Yeah. You need to learn to read a little closer.

Good. They'll blend into the populace of Yurop just fine.
Also good. But just like the other, sucks that it won't happen overnight to wipe out the coastal trash.

Is China a first world country? Go regulate them, and fuck off from the first world please.

Like the UN?
zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03/un-official-admits-global-warming-agenda-really-about-destroying-capitalism
I'm sure you know lots more than the United Nations

See, this is what I mean by "America is falling behind" - It used to be that if America wanted to be underwater, we could set a national goal, and we would be first. Nowadays, we're trailing before the island nations - who have not a thousandth of the money we do, let alone our traditions of excellence - and they're saying that they are only shooting for a fifty year mark! It is disgraceful that we should sink so far behind, and frankly I blame every group in this country! Stop squabbling, get off your high horse, and let's start working together to get some stuff done! I bet, if the people on the Left and the people on the Right, and the people in the Center, and the apoliticals all shut up for a second and put our heads together, we could make it happen. No mayyer what political party you belong to, we can almost all of us agree that putting our country underwater is a worthy goal. I say, that if these island nations are going to do it in fifty years, we can (and should) make it our mission to do it in ten. I know, it seems a little ambitious right now, but if we all tighten our belts and start helping each other out a little bit, I KNOW that we can get it done!

kek

post more pls

AHAHA!! Are they still going on about this? If their models were in anyway correct these islands would have been underwater ten years ago, they aren't, they weren't and they never will be.

Shit b8, faggot.

k, keep me posted

i don't want to get banned again

Shit tier islands, can't even stand up to a bit of water.

Superior rocky island reporting in.

we've got enough fucking coconuts here already, fuck off

There are loads of air conditioned tents sitting dormant in Saudi Arabia for the Hajj...

I wonder how many islands have formed and gone underwater since PANGAEA

We have the best islands, don't we folks?

>sea level rises
>coastal cities which are exceeding liberal and produce the most pollution go underwater
woooooooooooooooooow

post source then.

Not with that flag you don't

Mommy and me and the deserted island. Don't have too much fun.

Half of africa is going to get extreme droughts in 2050 due to climate change.

We can't rescue all these fucking subhumans.

>global warming will kill niggers disproportionately
>retard wants to fight against this

They'll just slowly move inland

I do wish London got hit by a massive wave and everyone there drowned though

>global warming makes sub-saharan africa inhospitable
>"goy you've gotta take those refugees in, you caused climate change after all"
>8 billion niggers flood Europe
>humanity dies out

Gotta keep upping the ante, so far they've traversed the seas, I'd like to see an African country try to get to Mars.

they will move but they wont be able to consume as much as they did before as the infrastructure that enabled it will be reduced.

>implying we would let them in

Maybe you should have an independence referendum to leave Scotland

>Globe heats up and sea levels rise
>Decadent coastal cities submerged, new prime coastal regions emerge
>Bitter Canadian tundra becomes cozy

So the libs drown and I get to move north to escape the Chinese plague? What's the problem exactly?

Hey look, it's the isle of man guy again

I think you should walk into the sea and just keep going

It's a pain in the ass to own property in Fiji anyway they need another coup

This bullshit has been spewed since 1988. Gonna die by 2000. Wait no, we meant 2010. Would you believe 2015? Ok let's say 2060 just to be safe.

>government spends millions to restore coastal areas by supplying it with new sand
>somehow i am responsible that island apes can't do the same

I think there are 2 of us.

I call the other guy out when I see him.

Actually "global warming" also known as natural climate change, leads to more precipitation.

>dig sand out of middle of island
>put around the edge
>now they have an atol instead of an island
>T-thanks

Meet up when?

We're Manx, we've probably met and never known, it's a small small island here.

>40 years ago

The science is settled!

Manhattan was meant to be underwater 10 years ago.

Headhunting cannibals deserve the cleansing flood of God's wrath, so considering they only ceased eating each other thanks to the same technology that led to global warming, I think it balances out in the end.

>November 1st, Friday. This morning a little after break of day I was surprised to hear voices of several persons who were talking very loudly near the front fence of the mission premises. On going out to ascertain the cause of the noise, I found a human head in our garden. This was the head of the old man whose body had been abused on the beach. The arm of the body had been broken by a bullet which passed through the bone near to the shoulder, and upper part of the skull had been knocked off with a club. The head had been thrown into our garden during the night, with the intention no doubt, of annoying us and shocking our feelings.

heretical.com/cannibal/fiji.html

Let them drown.

>China owning the solar market in 40 years so I'd say let's start making it a priority.
You realize China is also going to own the Nuclear market as well right?
The longer you fuck around with solar and wind energy bullshit low yield science projects, the longer the majority of our power will come from coal.

Nuclear or bust.

It is annoying when they throw heads in the garden. Those things attract flies and rats.

Yeah we should handicap ourselves to help irrelevant island nations.

hundreds of millions of Whites and Asians should shackle themselves to save a few thousand islanders.

Fuck right off nigger.

The entry from the day before.
>October 31st, 1839, Thursday. This morning we witnessed a shocking spectacle. Twenty (20) dead bodies of men, women and children were brought to Rewa as a present from Tanoa. They were distributed among the people to be cooked and eaten. They were dragged about in the water and on the beach. The children amused themselves by sporting with and mutilating the body of a little girl. A crowd of men and women maltreated the body of a grey-haired old man and that of a young woman. Human entrails were floating down the river in front of the mission premises. Mutilated limbs, heads, and trunks of the bodies of human beings have been floating about, and scenes of disgust and horror have been presented to our view in every direction. How true it is that the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.

For how many decades have we been hearing the 50 years meme?
I swear 50 years is the meme of scientists trying to scare people into giving them funding

>First World countries are most responsible for climate change
also, those savages chose to live in a place vulnerable to the tiniest shit
serves them right

It's like Iran getting a nuke. According to Israel, they've been a few years away from the bomb for 40 years.

>gibs shekels pls

Um, no.

If they didn't flood us with wogs and pakis to begin with then sure, but thanks to the insatiable lust modern leaders for having foreign cock up their arse I only want to ethnically cleanse with a blunt rusty axe.

Buy some dredges. Morons. Chinks built whole islands in a year. Netherlands are below sea-level even.

Fucking 3rd worlders can't save themselves even with a 50 year warning.

but Sup Forums told me climate change isn't real

China and India are responsible for the vast majority of climate problems. They should take in those Refugees

I'd be willing to bet that the carbon footprint for these islanders is higher than for the avg. 1st worlder. In any case, if anyone wants to trade a few acres of beachfront for a few acres in the states, I'm game.

>any takers?
I didn't think so.

>China and India are responsible for the vast majority of climate problems

Wrong
pic related

Okay well 27% is a fuckload and more than any other country so they can take them all.