Alien Covenant

A new Aliens movie is about to be released in theaters.
The movie is supposedly about colonizing another planet.

Why would they send a gay couple?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4NgQV
youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
theguardian.com/film/2017/may/02/ridley-scott-alien-5-covenant-neill-blomkamp
alien-covenant.com/topic/42981
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's fucking stupid, banal, politically correct gibberish and I want to die.

Somebody's got to be the "plumber."

>Why would they send a gay couple?
because it's a release from a major hollywood studio

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord::

discord.gg/4NgQV

>why would they send a gay couple
It's really irrelevant. It's a Ridley Scott movie, everyone but the main chick is going to die a horrific death

They wouldn't, they would have no room in a budget for people who arent going to reproduce.

I suppose they could send a gay couple as long as said gay couple had corresponding women to make children with.

They always push degeneracy and faggotry to destroy personal identity and then cultural identity.

See pic related.

>fat gay couple
extra food reserves?

desu the movie looks kinda low budget...

I'm counting on them getting killed

(((Die-versity)))

cool, a gay couple kill for a alien.

>implying he doesn't want to see these two faggots ripped to shreds by a xeno

I was in the minority that liked Prometheus, cannot wait for this film. I might go to the theaters for the first time in years.

>everyone but the chick is fucked
This guy gets it. In a movie series where the director makes everything a rape metaphor only one bitch can survive

150 million is low???

me too, everyone here just seems to bandwagon onto a hatetrain against mainstream stuff.
kinda like faggy emo goths like when i was a lad

I can tell by the trailer that it is low budget. For one, look at their outfits when they land on the planet.

In Prometheus, they had fancy space suits and vehicles. In Convenant, they look like they're going camping.

It isn't irrelevant. It's a COLONIZATION mission. If they had artificial wombs and a ship full of eggs and sperm that would be one thing, but the entire ship is nothing but couples, implying that the mission isn't bringing artificial wombs and that they are going to rely solely on the offspring of the crew to populate a new planet.

For the sake of efficiency, wouldn't the individuals planning such a mission want to ensure that they maximized the space on the ship and packed it full of breeders?

Putting a gay couple in this movie makes no sense.

i don't really give a fuck, just glad scott is getting off his ass to finish the series

David made the aliens, you should be pissed about that. That faggot thing is retarded too though. They are pretty much dead weight.
Also there will be a new axe.

plot twist...it wasn't about colonizing at all

you can never really trust a mission when the company(weyland-yutani) is involved

Well if they had artificial wombs they'd probably still need a shitone of couples to raise the little shits.
However, a gay couple shouldn't be raising children.

>finish the series
Yes, i am also curious how the trilogy will end after Alien and Aliens.

also judging from that one trailer they have danny mcbride confessing how bad it is that they let him have the keys to the spaceship because of his record

so the fact that there is a gay couple doesn't really matter
it's not like any of them are surviving xD

Irrelevant. The people getting on the ship don't know that.

How do you explain to the straight couples on the crew why you aren't putting a breeding couple in the gay couples quarters?
Why wouldn't the other members of the crew object to this obvious hindrance to their efforts to produce humans once they are on the planet?

meh most of it is trolling, Im guilty of it too. This also isnt politics related, I wouldve called OP a fag and saged but Im eagerly awaiting this movie and have been for years. That being said, Prometheus was a pretty big let down, Lindelof ruins anything he touches. Hopefully this gets us back on track

gays can have children, just not with each other.

well nigga...serious obviously wasn't finished if they keep making prequel sequels

scott is a cunt

To destroy the society builded in that planet ?

This. The entire point of the mission is to get raped by aliens.

The gays can still have children, they just need to get impregnated.

entirely relevant
whoever is in charge doesn't give a fuck about whoeever is onboard obviously lol

have you ever watched an aliens movie?

how does this movie fit in with the alien trilogy...also with Prometheus??

>lets colonize another planet by sending some fags
>project fails after one generation because all those expert scientist didnt consider that faggots dont reproduce

>a man can't knock up another man's rectum with butt babies
OMG SHITLORD DIDN'T YOU EVEN WATCH BILL NYE?

Blomkamp is handling the sequel to Alien and Aliens, Scott is doing the prequel trilogy. Alien 3 and 4 were such fucking garbage, I'm so happy they're being overwritten.

Trailer is not the full movie user, let's wait and see how good or bad is the movie.

>Prometheus
>Covenant
>Covenant sequel(s)
>Alien
>Aliens
>Blomkamp (Alien 5)

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
They made trailers which pretty much tell you the whole story.

the ultimate plot of the series overall

every character aside from the alien itself is meat for the fucking grinder, the androids know this, which are basically extensions of the company itself

>so the fact that there is a gay couple doesn't really matter
>it's not like any of them are surviving xD

It does matter.
Why just one gay couple? Why not have the entire crew be gay and just have one couple producing children? I'm sure if they sent a crew full of gay couples on a colonization mission, the one straight couple wouldn't raise their hand and point out the extreme stupidity of it.
In term of making the plot believable, the crew doesn't know that they are going to die. The crew would want as many breeders on the ship as possible in order to rapidly increase the number of humans on the planet once they set up shop.

It just doesn't make the plot believable. A real crew would object to the hindrance a gay couple would bring to their colonization efforts.

duuuude i forgot about that other alien movie
i really like the storyline from prometheus though

It was going to be implied that Ripley had a thing for Lambert in Alien.
Faggotry isn't anything new to the series or from Ridley.
What matters is why he gave in to giving us the highly possibly shitty shitfest instead of a better follow up to Prometheus.
>muh aliens
>fuck engineers
>wah more aliens
>where engineers

It's not irrelevant.
People just don't volunteer to die. The characters have to have proper motivation in order for the plot to make sense.

Taking a gay couple on a colonization mission is obviously a bad idea and yet we're expected to assume not one member of this mission realized it.

It just isn't believable. It makes the entire plot ridiculous.

That stupid axe actually made me giggle.

>it does matter, a real crew would object
No they wouldn't. The god damn robot convinced them it was a good idea because the god damned robot is the only motherfucker who knows errybody gettin raped to death

listen kid...
come back to the table when you get the basics of the series

THE
COMPANY
DOESN't
GIVE
ANY
FUCKS
ABOUT
CREW
ONLY
THE
XENOMORPH
ITSELF

meditate on that for a while
then you have my permission to post in the thread

It's not happening. Unless someone who can actually write a story, his movies would have been mediocre. They surely would have looked great. Good design and shit, but story would have been trash. Blomblom needs serious help in that dept.

You're a fucking moron, the crew gives a shit.

crew aint the company you dumb fucking leaf

So do I, I assume it will be further explored in the sequels to Covenant. It would be stupid of Scott rt al to not solely focus on David/Xenos this time around, they need an appeal to mainstream audiences. Either way, Scott said in an interview that the Covenant trilogy will lead directly into Alien, so we will definitely be getting more engineers.

I wouldn't

I would totally object to a gay couple coming with me on a colonization mission, because the gay couple obviously couldn't produce children and if the gay couple were replaced with a straight couple, the straight couple would contribute to the growth of the colony after we arrived.

Only a complete idiot would go on this mission, and idiots aren't smart enough to pilot a space ship. So under this premise, no one would go.

The mission would never leave earth. Which means there would be no movie at all.

>I would totally object to the gay couple
This is the point I stopped reading because this is the moment the evil robot would bash your head in with a lead pipe

>THE
>COMPANY
>DOESN't
>GIVE
>ANY
>FUCKS
>ABOUT
>CREW
>ONLY
>THE
>XENOMORPH
>ITSELF

The crew doesn't know that. You have to explain why the crew would tolerate a gay couple going on this mission or you completely destroy the plot.

Fuck did they put it on hold again?
Did Blomkamp write District 9? That was fantastic. Elysium sucked ass, decent watch from a cinematographic pov I guess

dude what are you...some kind of fascist ? xdddd

lol

nah

You're a homosexual.

nah lol

Do you feel District 9 was unappealing?

>you're completely destroying the plot
I'm beginning to think you don't really understand the theme of these films. They are
>rape metaphors
>robots are fucking evil

Every large social construct needs someone to hate to keep it unified.

Yup.
And he did, with another writer. Dont get me wrong, I really like D9
But his following movies he struggles to get his point across.

No, I loved it. Quirky, but great. However I don't know if that would translate well into an Alien movie, as its more of a psychological thriller than a scifi movie

To be honest I could see countries retarded enough to do this if they ever get the chance to colonize again

aaaaanyways...the only real reason two gays are on the crew is cuz progressive diversity hollywood lala land hippy dippy bullshit
/thread

wait what?

so is this showing what happened at the end of prometheus? I dont remember any of that shit.

and i looks like covenant starts out with ppl flying to same planent...

o wait, r the couples flying to the planet that the robot and chick landed on?

Again, THE CREW DOESN'T KNOW THAT

A plot doesn't work if the characters don't have believable motivation.
There is no way a group of people smart enough to colonize another planet would go along with a couple non-breeders coming with them.

Putting a gay couple on this ship is an insult to the audience's intelligence.

Cameron's Aliens will forever be the best. It's even got a real corporate jew redpill in the crew not wanting nukes from orbit because literal muh shekels.

Agreed. Well fuck, hopefully they get a writer on board. My money says that if Covenant does well in theaters, Blomkamp will find his writer as (((studios))) will once again be interested in the franchise. At least more interested than letting Ridley bullshit around out of respect (Prometheus). I would assume that is likely, as the Covenant sequels would move back into the engineer shit, while Blomkamp could give the audiences more xeno stuff.

aliens is my favorite desu

space marines vs bugs all the way my man

>the crew doesn't know that
Again it's irrelevant what the crew does or doesn't know because the god damn robot is an extension of the company and he's playing everyone like a fiddle or he kills them

what even is the blomkampf one going to be about though??

>what is frozen semen and embryos that they are inevitably carrying on the ship

takes a village to raise a child, if every couple had a child nothing would get done

It isn't irrelevant. No one would go on this mission, which means the company wouldn't get their alien.

In order to get their alien, the company would concede to the straight couples insistence that the ship have maximum number of breeders on board so that the ship would accidentally leave earth.

>if every couple had a child nothing would get done

Your parents never made you do chores?
Every child is a new laborer.

really enjoyed isolation though desu
not a film or a necessarily a action packed game but the feel of it with an aliens type spin on it would kill if done right

It was supposed to be a continuation of the original trilogy, picking up where Aliens left off and disregarding Alien 3/4. However, I just looked into it and we appear to be fucked

theguardian.com/film/2017/may/02/ridley-scott-alien-5-covenant-neill-blomkamp

>metaphor
>acting like Ridley didn't just set a Halloween slasher pic in space
>acting like Ridley bought something deep to the genre when slasher pics have always been about sexual promiscuity and rape metaphors

i can tell you don't have kids

so lets say that the company already somehow knows about the whole damn thing that happened in prometheus, its not entirely out of the realm of possibility that david is still in contact with some hivemind construct on earth
muthr or in isolations apollo

This.

In the Prometheus DVD extras, the Weyland company knew about LV-426 prior to landing on LV-223.

alien-covenant.com/topic/42981

That's where they're sending them. That's what leaves the planet barren.

Screencap this.

Also, the Xeno and the Giger imagery is purely Satanic imagery and the degeneracy of mankind. A gay couple is perfect for this film.

there's 3000 colonists in cryo-sleep aboard the ship, these guys are the transport crew
although the fact that they're couples i guess it's implied they will stay and help with the colonisation, so it still doesn't make sense

*PLOT TWIST*
david kills walter and replaces him, kills the surviving crew members, and infects the colonists with the black goo
the ship from this movie is the 'derelict' ship from the first alien movie

because it's the future son

they have realized women aren't important

David gets there, gets space jockeys killed with black goo, creates various aliens, eventually creates xenomorph, colonists show up, get buttfucked, that's the movie.
The next one will show how the eggs got onto that ship in the first alien, probably david or the other robot trying to wipe out humanity.

you keep referring to breeders, but I don't see myself colonizing an entire planet with a fucking crew, I send the crew to recon and set up and AFTER I send "settlers". Getting 20 people to have children to populate a fucking -planet- is just a plan to get inbreds.
Maybe someone can tell me why I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit I never colonized another planet

I have two children.

obv the tanned fellow is going to impregnate all da wimminz
why send along straight white betas who are going to be too jealous to do their jobs properly?

It's Weyland-Yutani, if you even bothered to follow any of the movies you'd know they don't care, because they know they're sending out the humans to act as xenomorph hosts anyways, doesn't matter if the hosts are gay, straight, asexual, etc. Jesus, follow the fictional movie's logic!

In the future they will have colon implanted wombs so they can make butt babies

thats kinda what happened in isolation,
apollo found out about the alien, the bugs, the queen , the hive, and executed some order to kill humans on sight

Wait what the fuck is this? Thats giving away quite a bit for a trailer. Looks like covenant takes place on that planet as well? Same Earth-like trees and shit.

>defending an obvious attempt to normalize homosexuality
>on Sup Forums

I don''t give a shit about the company, only you, you faggot.
The crew would mind.

>hahaha forget my ebin bane picture :-DDDD
Aren't you an autist.

Because it's 2096 and male pregnancy exists and two men can be just as great of parents as a man and a woman, you fucking retard. I can jack off right now to the thought of how progressive we'll be in 2096.

i don't believe you.