What kind of church should I go to?

I'm trying to find a church to go to but I'm having a hard time understanding the differences between the denominations.

Other urls found in this thread:

bobbyleeprays.com
youtube.com/watch?v=mJgDfUIoyNE
gotquestions.org/catholicism.html
calvarychapel.com/church-locator/
youtu.be/k6C9BuXe2RM
redeemer.com/
youtu.be/SPp5LrG1t5I
youtu.be/6sCioKnpHdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do any of your family members go to church?
what church do they go to?

Most of my friends and family don't attend church. I wasn't raised in a hyper-religious family (church wasn't necessary to believe in God, etc) so I'm a bit clueless about what the differences are.

Baptist-You goin to hell. Israel is the Chosen land.
Anglican: Diet Catholic Fancy Robes, Priests can marry.
Catholic: Extremist
Presbyterian: More fancy robes, purple and gold. Autistic.
Lutheran: Minnesota
Evangelical: Rock Band in Church, Pastor Swears.
Church Of Christ: Bible is as literal as Computer Code.
Orthodox: Like a cross between Hacidic Jew and Church of Christ
Messianic Judaism: Jews for Jesus

you dont pick ur denomination based on the options available

you say what do you actually believe in and then go to church based on who is teaching something close to what you already thought

If you like Organ Music go with Episcopalean.

just attend as many different churches as you want, just shop around until you find the right one for yuou

did your family ever declare a denomination? what were some of the things they taught you?

But seriously go to the church closest to where you live that way you can't make up an excuse to skip out on sundays.

Orthodox or gtfo

>Messianic Judaism
thank you for including

I must be an extremist

Thank you, this actually helped a lot.

I've thought about attending different churches but was hoping to narrow it down somewhat. I really have no clue what the finer differences are between Methodist, Episcopalian, etc and that's most of what seems to be around. I've been solicited by Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons and don't think that's my route.

What if I deny the trinity? What do I join?

jehovah's witnesses or something
once you're denying the trinity you're basically making your own religion anyway so whatever, go nuts

My family was more of the "Jesus is love, love thy neighbor" type and didn't put much stock into the Bible itself. I think I want something a little more engaging than just holiday attendance and that's the stuff my family did, and they stopped when I was really young.

Basically this.

Go catholic. We believe you actually have to serve Christ with your actions to get into heaven, not just tell him on Sunday that you believe in him.

Buy a prayer
bobbyleeprays.com

Scientology.

Sure they're considered wackos right now, but in a hundred hears they'll be just like the Mormons - recognized, financially independent, and populated with brainwashed women.

Practice gnosticism, all other forms of Christianity exist to serve the Jewish plot

Unitarian Universalist: Just keep all the shit you like and ignore all the shit you don't like

One that does not tell you lies about a god that they know does not exist. One that does not pass around the collection plate after lying to your face.

Good luck with your search, OP. You will need it.

This must be bait.

Baptists believe anyone can go to heaven, not just good goyims.

t. Asian

>Catholic: Extremist
They're like the one denomination that doesn't try to fuck over science and actually believes in evolution

alright heres the hard truth
every denomination is a hoax

you have to become born again and the holy spirit enters your body and you become a son of god once you believe in jesus and call on him to save you

theres born again people scattered in all the different protestant churches , some more right on certain topics than others

it doesnt mean anything

are you or your family still in contact with any members of that congregation?

Be Catholic. Find a Latin mass nearby and get comfy.

To clarify more, I was an atheist for years and then slowly started believing in a higher power. I believe that science is not mutually exclusive from religion but that they usually work hand in hand. I believe the creation of the earth and people doesn't necessarily mean that it poofed out of nowhere into existence, but that perhaps evolution took place over time that was written as "one day" in the Bible.

I also think that the Bible was written by men with their own relationship with God. I know the Bible can contradict itself in many ways so I don't really believe in a literal translation, but also don't believe it's just about "being a good person" and getting a golden ticket to Heaven.

>and the holy spirit enters your body
How about the O.T.O.? You discover you're a special snowflake through buttstuff.

I go to a great church that specifically does not do the collection plate and is all scripture based, they have donation boxes and you can donate online if you wish.

Tithing should come from a place of loving the Lord. You should be emboldened by what your church is teaching to consciously make the decision to donate in order that others may recieve the same blessing and message and the church grow, not feel obligated because your neighbor put a hundred in the plate

Avoid any that think the cabalists are the chosen ones.
Keep in mind the pope is an unabashed crypto-jew as well.

90% of the denoms are outright satanic teachings ofc

but like independent, local, non denomination and baptist churches and a few other are relatively safe

but you have to be aware

op starting off in the wrong manner,,, you have to believe in the bible and jesus so you know what to look out for,, if you dont u will believe whatever u want

and not truth

You sound like someone who would be open to Catholicism.

I Agree 100%. UU is the way to go

I've always been afraid that Catholics would be quick to judge someone that was not very literal with the Bible. Maybe my presumption was wrong.

Why because he's claiming he knows things about the bible based on what he's read about the bible or been told rather than reading it himself.

I was raised Catholic, my whole family is Catholic minus my baptist born again brother. My brother is the only one who actually reads the bible thus is labeled a zealot by the rest.

Evangelical has the most QTs

youtube.com/watch?v=mJgDfUIoyNE

Why come every church I go to has all this forced singing shit??
I dont want to sing!!!!!!

Evangelical pastors swear?

>Catholics
>sola scriptura

wat?

I think my family went to something more of a UU church. I think it's a bit more "liberal" than what I'm looking for. Also I live in the PNW and all of the UU churches are full of degenerates.

If you pray and read the Bible you find that much of Catholic dogma is suspiciously absent from it.

Pic related. Mormon and his son Moroni.

Join Mormonism. The most red-pilled religion on the planet

Well the Catholic Church seems the strictest because of its uniform nature and dogmas so it's easy to make the jump they'd be the most litterally when the opposite is the case

OP, please pray and read/study the bible then choose the church based upon what you have gained from it. I will pray for you tonight as you come to the lord

Baptist is usually the most "user" friendly. They don't have a ton of weird practices or ban random shit like church of christ (no instruments in the church because some random bible verse hints at it).

Megachurches are usually too crazy to navigate and very impersonal, but a nice medium sized one (around 200-300 in attendance on regular Sundays) will have a good amount of events and bible study classes for all age ranges and you can get involved without feeling lost in the herd. Small churches can be good too of course, but they usually consist of like 80% elderly and don't attract the greatest pastors.

Catholicism has become a farce, it has always been too focused on ritual and theater instead of the bible. The saints are a fucking meme, virgin mary was just a lady chosen by God to birth Jesus, nothing more.

Thank you. Lately prayer has been mostly a conversation or just giving thanks for what I have. Growing up I used to ask God to make things better for me but obviously that's not really what it's about. This thread has helped me gain some direction though and I really am grateful for that.

"If any of ye lack wisdom, ask of God who giverh to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him."

Memes will lead you

>catholics
>Saved

gotquestions.org/catholicism.html

Orthodox or catholic are the way to go.

The others just change on a whim to atract more liberals. And be more politically correct

WELS Lutheran, but only WELS, the other Lutheran denominations have been chucked by leftist Christians. Hardcore Lutheranism is the way to go.

No gods, no masters, and even if there are, they exist solely to be conquered. What denomination would be best for me?

reddit

Great start user! It is a conversion, and you're right. Too many people view prayer as a kind of spiritual slot machine. They think prayer goes in and good fortune comes out. In a way they are correct, prayer is a nurturing conversation like with any friendship, you must talk to know one another. Knowing God is the reward in of itself

There are non-denominational churches out there for a good place to start. United Brethren and Missionary churches are fairly similar to each other, and try to relate sermons to everyday life. If you want to get into the deeper differences, check into the doctrines of the various denominations. The ones I've mentioned are typically just happy to have visitors and don't follow the stigma of wearing your "Sunday best". They're relatively laid back and center around fellowship and volunteering within their communities.

Uhh have you seen your fucking pope lately? You're really going to call out any denominations over catering to liberals when the most powerful human in Catholicism is a crypto-jew?

Honestly the current Pope is another reason I've been apprehensive to consider Catholic churches.

>the pope is a political figurehead
Truth be told, i don't like his pandering.
My priest is nam vet. & voted trump

Hate how liberal lutheran family keep prasing him, while they life-ling bad-mouth the church & aren't even religious

Presbyterian. Good enough for me. Good enough for Trump.

Has all sorts of bullshit committees to get involved in to meet peopl.

Good luck

Catholicism is outdated. I have no idea why Sup Forums memes it so hard, probably because its the extreme. It has been outdated since Martin Luther posted the 95 theses.

Try a nice mid sized baptist church. I was starting to abandon the church as we were only going to a church of christ when we moved back to my wife's home town and I hated it. We tried the baptist church down the street and I loved it, began finding God again. Now I play in their worship band and have made actual friends, something I haven't had in a long time.

Find a Calvary Chapel. Traditional beliefs and moral views.

calvarychapel.com/church-locator/

You know, you asked what denomination, but Jesus was non denomination, he was a guy surrounded by 12 other guys.

What I could suggest is find a group of guys you look up to and get into a prayer or bible study group, that is the central point and church is added on top of that. That worked for me.

This sounds like a dream. I moved to the PNW from the East Coast about two years ago now and I haven't made friends because everyone is a blue-haired degenerate. I've been hoping to meet some nice people and a worship band sounds comfy.

This is what I'm looking for. I'm just not going to believe in a God anytime soon, but still, everything else about it is vitally important.

UB churchgoer here. Been playing bass in the worship band for 12 years.

We will be able to better help you if you tell us how you came to Christ / discovered Christianity to be true.

What region are you in, if you don't mind?

>I've always been afraid that Catholics would be quick to judge someone that was not very literal with the Bible.

Bubba, Catholics don't give a shit about the bible(French, Italian and Irish at least) don't know about beaners...

Just going to say, the media really overstates how liberal Francis is. See pic related, he doesn't want us to flood our countries with refugees as many Sup Forumstards would have you believe

Denominations are mostly a distraction and usually only serve to divide Christians. The only thing that matters is the message. If one church can speak it to you better than the others, then go with it.

We all have our preferences, but you really need to go to a different church each week until you find one that speaks to you. Don't let the denomination become too distracting.

>Presbyterian: More fancy robes, purple and gold. Autistic

I'm pretty sure presbyterians are stripped down calvinists

Jew York City

>Honestly the current Pope is another reason I've been apprehensive to consider Catholic churches.

The Vatican since 1962(Vatican 2) is a Freemasons and kikes shitfest but don't worry about them, you can be a trad Cat...

youtu.be/k6C9BuXe2RM

I kinda go Screwtape Letters on this.

Like the bible study group I hung out with had a pretty broad reach, most were from one church but we had some catholics and other folks, nice people.

I was raised as a cultural Christian, with a belief in God and the Bible as true. It focused on more of the "love thy neighbor" stories and feel-good side of Christianity, going as far as to say that even good atheists will be accepted into Heaven. Church wasn't necessary as long as you "felt the love of God" or whatever. But we stopped going to church when I was probably about 10, and I began questioning it around the age of 14 and fell out of it completely when I became an edgelord atheist myself.

I'm now 25 and started noticing the importance of values and morals and the lackthereof that I've noticed in my peers. I started living with stronger morals for myself - being dependable, reliable, and I've cut out a lot of the bad habits I used to have (smoking, drinking, etc). Recently I have found more inspiration from the Bible and have prayed more in the last month than I did in my youth. It's still feeling like a one-sided conversation but something in me feels different. I want to explore that feeling and read more of the Bible. It's honestly only been a few weeks since I've started coming back to this. Sorry for the novel length response.

You should check out Tim Keller's church, sounds like it's just what you're looking for.

redeemer.com/

Right on, bassist here too.

Thanks!

>Try a nice mid sized baptist church. I was starting to abandon the church as we were only going to a church of christ when we moved back to my wife's home town and I hated it. We tried the baptist church down the street and I loved it, began finding God again. Now I play in their worship band and have made actual friends, something I haven't had in a long time.

The only preachers with balls in the US are Baptist so i understand your position. But still the only true church is the Catholic church and i can't spit on my ancestors.

youtu.be/SPp5LrG1t5I

That's the holy spirit my fellow brother in the faith. Keep at it,

Jeremiah 29:13 (ESV) "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

Non denominational christian here.

Can second this Tim Keller is awesome

Synagogue

>Denominations are mostly a distraction and usually only serve to divide Christians
Denomination stem from disagreements in doctrine. It's not a division as the end goal is the same: share the gospel and promote growth within the church and community. Denominations are typically based on varying interpretations of the original language of the bible in the context of the scriptures.

They're all for Kike worshippers, so it doesn't really matter in the end since all you're doing is sucking down Jew cum either way.

Lutheran churches are nice

I laughed.

Why can't you be an Odinist and a Christian?

>They're all for Kike worshippers, so it doesn't really matter in the end since all you're doing is sucking down Jew cum either way.

Literally the opposite, Bubba Dean

youtu.be/6sCioKnpHdY

Find a traditional church that has good bible studies and join one. If it has men's/women's groups even better.

Also, get yourself a copy of Reasonable Faith for good intro arguments/evidence for the truth of Christianity.

The Case for Christ by Lee Stroble is another good read. He has several books revolving around this subject.

Thank you, I'll check these out.

Turns out there are multiple books titled Reasonable Faith. I'm talking about the one by William Lane Craig.

>not picking lds