Obesity now #1 Cause of Life-Years Lost

What is Trump doing to combat obesity? He recently made school lunches less healthy when many who are dependent on them are minority students who encounter higher rated of obesity as is.

What realistic steps do you think the president could take to combat obesity?

My suggestion would be trading some corn and other grain subsidies for fruit and vegetable subsidies.

He got a lot of fat whales to march around?

Nothing. It's not the government's job to tell you what you can and can't eat.

If you make unhealthy food choices, that's your problem, not the government's.

Why should grains be subsidized much more than fruits and veggies though? At some point if that is causing people to get fat that is costing us some serious money.

>He recently made school lunches less healthy when many who are dependent on them are minority students who encounter higher rated of obesity as is.
How is that a bad thing? these kids will not be subject to more shitty lunches because some cunt decided to make school food worse then the shit you get in prison.

That cunt ruined school lunches for plenty of fucking kids alike and i remember the bullshit when i was in school (i was in high school when it got really pushed on us).
>What realistic steps do you think the president could take to combat obesity?
Tell students to take a jog or start lifting weights.

My understanding is that the real issue with school lunches is that they are given very little money to order the foods to make them and the price allotted has not really gone up much in recent years. Michelle Obama may have added healthier items to them but that didn't do a lot when vegetables and fruits cost more than grains.

bump

>My understanding is that the real issue with school lunches is that they are given very little money to order the foods to make them and the price allotted has not really gone up much in recent years
You got schools with a fucking thousand or even 2 thousand students each in per district unless you are in some backass hick country.

School lasts 180 days, 2000 times 180 equals a fucking lot.
>Obama may have added healthier items to them but that didn't do a lot when vegetables and fruits cost more than grains
It is too expensive to ad real healthy stuff to food however even if the food is garbage you can offset it by having the students exercise (gym class, sports etc).

It would be different then just having them sit around all day.

I am overweight by 45 pounds, working my way down to 160 while excercising daily. Wish me luck guys. I am on my second week.

Well I guess the real issue then is nobody wants to commit to more funding for the lunches and/or increasing federal subsidies for fruits or vegetables.

>What is Trump doing to combat obesity?

are you unironically hoping that some politican can stop americans from eating fast food?!

nobody is forcing these fucks to buy burgers all day.

Have you ever heard about individiual responsibility? Isn't that what you preach all day here when yo usay niggers shouldnt shoot each other all day.

If you believe the government or your daddy Trump is in charge of your eating habits might aswell admit defeat and support BLM when they say Drumpf is responsible for gang related violence in Chicago lol

Who gives a fuck, if you're stupid enough to eat shit till you die, you deserve it

Why is it the government's job to stop people being so fucking fat? Just deny them medical care for obesity related illnesses.

>Well I guess the real issue then is nobody wants to commit to more funding for the lunches and/or increasing federal subsidies for fruits or vegetables.
I don't give a fuck what kids eat in schools rather there is not enough funding in exercise. Even if all kids ate healthy in school they are still coming home to drink liters of soda, eat big macs and chips.

1 Meal does not make the difference when it comes to the weight of the students.

good luck chubbs

Yeah, I am definitely gonna get those.

Trump should just use that emergency text protocol and text "Fat fuck" at everyone for six weeks.

Thanks m8

>mfw I have to wait 8 days to have these

Why even live. ;-;

Keep up the good work user, I was a full-blown fatty and now I'm not. You can do it.

>mfw tripfagging this hard
you have to go back

just keep at it
its actually really easy after a few weeks once ur use to it

Im amazed that people find it easy to be fat

All it takes is cutting out the biggest offenders (usually soda, tons of sugar and carbs right there) and adding 2-3 days of cardio a week to your schedule. Running, biking, swimming, do it for 30m-1hr and you wont be a fat fucking idiot. Fucking disgusting how theres porkers out there who eat every 20 minutes

>combat obesity
You would need to ban tasty foods and/or force exercise on the populace. Education does nothing, as it's readily available and hasn't helped one bit.

>you have to go back
Make me

It's called natural selection. You're not meant to be obese. It's not good for the individual nor the community. Unless you're some genius that earns his health care, you don't deserve to be spared reality. Just like the President deserves better care than me, because his actions determine a lot of what will affect everybody's lives. Your fat ass just wants to fucking eat.

rude

just stop school lunch programs
really combat obesity

>commit to more funding
The more shitskins you get leeching off the system, the further quality of life falls for the rest. The solution isn't to keep throwing more of the white mans money at the problem.

A lower calorie intake alone can keep your weight in check. Back in highschool when I joined football we were told we weren't allowed to drink pop anymore, I've touched it sparingly since then. That alone really cut down on the useless calories I was taking in, felt a lot better when I was digesting 1/4 lb of sugar a day.

repealing obamacare

you being a fat piece of shit isn't the government's problem
zero, the fact that you cant stop shoveling McDonalds into your fat fucking mouth isnt the government's problem.
second post best post
cause they are cheaper to grow, last longer, and it is a more versatile foodstuff.

I'm sure there are plenty of White kids who eat school lunches. It isn't a reason to not pay more for them. Unhealthy Black kids cost the system the same or more as unhealthy White kids.

Nah hes right

Obesity mainly affects blacks and mexicans who eat a billion bags of cheetos and soda to go with it every day. Why care about kids that arent of your own tribe and will day outbreed you 5:1?

Costs money to take care of obese kids, of any race. Its not like they die before breeding if they are too fat.

You know what doesnt cost money? Making PE class last longer

Education doesnt work as someone already said, theres an abundance of it as there is porkies

Everyone would throw a shit fit if fast food was regulated, not that that would ever happen under a republican government

The healthier options are already cheaper, cucumbers, bell peppers, beans, you can get all this for cheap

The parents dont give a fuck about their childrens well being

There is no solution to this besides willpower

Govt. shouldn't try to force people to get healthier, that's up to the individual will of the people

>He recently made school lunches less healthy when many who are dependent on them are minority students who encounter higher rated of obesity as is.

That's on them and their parents. Plus those "healthy" school lunches were shit.

Not much other than be skinny himself and advocate for personal fitness, and, although Trump has lost ~some~ weight, he has a long way to go before he can be seen advocating against obesity.

No I agree exercise needs to be a part of it I just think we need to spend more money somehow on fruits and veggies that are good tasting and not just bottom of the barrel Sysco.

Also let me add

I am young, just turned 21 so I have seen how the (((vibrant youth))) treat these the healthier options; a decade ago I was in 6th grade. At the schools I've been to, if you got the cafeteria food, there was optional things to grab, such as fruit or a box of salad

The (((youth))) would either ignore them or take them and throw them at each other. The whole thing is fucked

Give a couple years retards how figured out carbs and sugars are bad and switching to keto.

Should work itself out. Fat american fucks.