IS FORCING KIDS TO FINISH THEIR PLATE A GOOD IDEA?

no
t. kid

Absolutely a good idea. Food has to be grown, and someone took their time to make it, and if some snot nosed brat wants to shit on their effort, then they should go hungry for a while and see what it's like to go without.

yes. They have to learn to deal with trivial frustration. Or else it ends with a leftard adult or a CWC.

As soon as it's not a plate full of burgers and overweight kid... You can also let him run around hungry and close the fridge till the evening lol

kill your child and eat him

He'll learn

My mother forced me to sit at the table until i finished my plate.
Sometime t'was hours.
But now i love veggies.

now hold on there, as a fellow kid I think we should finish not only our plates but eat them prior to dessert as well young ma-I mean, my dude

PEAS ARE ZOGCHOW THAT LOWERS T AND I'M NOT EATING THEM MOM

this, you dont have to beat the shit out of him to get him to eat, just let him go hungry until as long as he wants, the food is there for when he wants it, if he doesnt like it then is his problem

this

based frenchbro

yes and no.

If you give a kid a fucking bucket of fried chicken, no the shouldn't be forced to eat it. You shouldn't force a kid to eat beyond their nutritional requirements.

If it's a proper meal with a correct portion size then yes, nobody wants a manlet kid.

it depends on the fact that they may really don't like that food (which isn't very likely because they may be lying)

Yes because a good diet is crucial so they have to be FORCED to eat brussel sprouts etc til they like it. They can be some pussy faggot too scared to eat a brussel sprout like a lot of you are.

Hell yeah it teaches that everything doesn't go your way but you still have to dig in and not bitch.

not if you grew up on pasta like I did, (poorish family), a huge plate of pasta is too many calories.

No as it violates the NAP and is grounds for punishment by drone strike

Provided the original portion size was sensible then yes, absolutely. Their parents paid for it and went to the trouble to make it and it's important to learn that sometimes you've got to push through. Kids need to learn to finish things.

FINNISH THERE BLATE??? :-DDDDDD

one time I didn't want to get my green beans so I put them in my glass of milk. my mum made me drink it

>a plate of pasta is too many calories
Not if your kids go outside or play sports.

Kids who're fed healthy diets eat as much as their bodies want them to.

The problems arise when stupid people don't let the child go hungry, to learn that being hungry isn't as fun as being full. Even if right now, they may not necessarily want to eat as much as they can.

Much like those retards who always put the salt and pepper on the child's food, and fight, like the retards they are, each and every dinner time with the kid because they always reach for the pepper and salt in an attempt to do it themselves.

The crime is its own punishment. If they put too much salt or pepper on, then their food will taste shit. You have to let them learn it by themselves.

Much like how much food they eat.

They'll work it out if you give them a couple fucking days.

Most people are too egotistical and stupid to do that, though.

Forcing your kids to do anything is generally not a good idea, if you want your child to grow up a capable and independent thinker, able to cooperate with other people, then things like that ought to be a negotiation.

Things like offering the exchange of sweets/puddings for finishing of healthy food is generally a good idea.

If you're forcing your child to do anything, you're just teaching them to be afraid and submissive to authority which means they'll either grow up to be violent and exert authority over other people, which is devastating in a specialized and cooperative society we have today. Or they'll basically become a complete cuck to authority and be pushed around.

Parents should be flogged for not knowing how to cook properly. What kid wants to eat a plate of boiled unseasoned vegetable matter mush?

If you are poor. yes

No.

Parents shouldn't force kid to eat, but they should teach him to value his meal.

If child don't want to finish plate it is OK but it is not OK for him to raid fridge 10 min later in search of candy or fast food.

You had your meal, no more food until next one.

Repeat few times and child will remember and clean his plate every time.

Kids have more bitter receptors than adults, so food that tastes good to you can actually taste bad to them.
It's also why beer one day suddenly tastes good as you grow up.

>Is force-feeding children food that they don't want because you're a shitty parent who can't cook properly and/or are too busy to establish a proper meal schedule for your kid a good idea?
No.
In fact if a child doesn't finish their plate, the parent should be thrown into a pit of rabid eels.

Ctr pls go. I want my Happy meal now!