Lets have a Vietnam thread

lets have a Vietnam thread.
post music, pictures, and stories if you had relatives in the war.
youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZUTyrtDkRE
youtube.com/watch?v=KPaZIvji4Uk
youtube.com/watch?v=k0Z6bju7DeE
youtube.com/watch?v=YmvAx0joQwE
youtube.com/watch?v=YASVmZUyy7M
youtu.be/gtuueqJkgjA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POW_bracelet
soundcloud.com/magneticart/firefight-no-name-village
youtube.com/watch?v=19ejFuEyHyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is now a Hitler Thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZUTyrtDkRE

youtube.com/watch?v=KPaZIvji4Uk

Lol you got rekt

fuck off dude

My dad went to jail for being a conscientious objector.

S

i didn't need those feels

This is a remake of what his PPK may have looked like

youtube.com/watch?v=k0Z6bju7DeE
youtube.com/watch?v=YmvAx0joQwE

Fucking kek, i love this place.

Lotta bamboos in the jungles. Cut them down, sharpen them, smear some shit on them and scare the shit out of your enemies. Then use the newly acquired enemies' shit to create more poo-poo sticks.
Poo is for war, not street decoration like the Indians do, fashion statement like the Americans do, drinking like the Koreans do, or elevator ritual like the chinks do.

Kekistani nation

Vietnam is the war with the shittiest aesthetics.

Niggers, ugly shitskinned gooks, lots of burn injuries and cases of cancer and deformity caused by Agent Orange, a disgustingly sweaty and sleazy Third World tropical climate, soldiers sweating their tits out and wearing shitty little flak jackets over their bare chests, tropical infections, etc.

Sure, Hueys look great, but just imagining one second of what life must have been like in Vietnam----sweating, bloated, burned by the Sun, staring into the face of ugly brown gooks all day, shooting wildly into the fucking jungle, having to depend on niggers for my survival----just no, fuck that.

If I have to think about a war, I'll think about the /comfy/ Ardennes offensive in WWII, or the crossing of the Delaware in the Revolutionary War. Fuck warm weather and fuck niggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=YASVmZUyy7M

Daily reminder that the wrong side lost the war.

slightly diferent. the gooks had insane tunnel systems and it was nice and cool in there

how is the war reflected over there in your opinion? i have a viet gf. hell her mom is outside chanting at 4am right now. ive read lots about it.
>I was a Ranger platoon leader in I CORPS and the ROK’s (Republic of Korea) were by far the meanest and most brutal fighters I saw over there. Tough suns a bitches. Didn't care about food or water or any apparent creature comforts. Even executed several of their own for apparently minor misbehavior. They reminded me of the Spartans - don’t want to know how many enemy there are, just tell us where they are.

They didn’t just kill the NVA or VC, they hacked them up and mutilated their bodies often beyond recognition. When they went into the Vietnamese cities, the whores never got paid. It wasn’t unusual for several ROK’s to gang rape a whore. Often, when the ROK’s were done with them, if the whores asked for money, they slit their throats. I had studied the history of South East Asia before I went over and knew how the Japanese and Chinese and other Asians brutalized the Koreans. Lot of prejudice and hatred of the Koreans, so they ROK’s saw this as a chance to extract some long overdue vengeance.

I never went on an Op with them but a couple of my Rangers had been involved in a mission with them and told this story: During the Combined Op they had captured many NVA - it was quite a few. The ROK’s were told to bring their prisoners back for interrogation by the SOG Intel guys. My Rangers was riding in a Huey with the ROK’s and their prisoners. They told us that even before they got in the Huey, the ROK’s were beating and punching and kicking the shit out of their NVA prisoners and one ROK officer shot one of them in the head point blank with his pistol just outside the Huey.

>I never went on an Op with them but a couple of my Rangers had been involved in a mission with them and told this story: During the Combined Op they had captured many NVA - it was quite a few. The ROK’s were told to bring their prisoners back for interrogation by the SOG Intel guys. My Rangers was riding in a Huey with the ROK’s and their prisoners. They told us that even before they got in the Huey, the ROK’s were beating and punching and kicking the shit out of their NVA prisoners and one ROK officer shot one of them in the head point blank with his pistol just outside the Huey.

>Once airborne, they began what appeared to be interrogations. Punching, kicking and yelling. All of a sudden, 2 ROK’s grabbed the NVA they were interrogating (beating) and threw him out the door..bye bye. He told us the other NVA were literally pissing their pants and the ROK’s began working them over and yelling at them. A few minutes later, same thing..bye bye. The door gunners were trying to stay out of the way and the Huey pilots were shitting bricks and yelling at my Rangers to stop them.

>My Rangers told the pilots NFW were they gonna even try! They just let the ROK’s do their thing and stayed out of their way. Rangers ain’t afraid of nothing but they sure aren’t dumb. By the time they got back to the acid pad at the fire base, no more NVA prisoners..but the ROK’s had gotten an amazing amount of useful Intel. Over time I heard similar stories of the ROK’s doing more of what we called “airborne” interrogations. The ROK’s were just plain Dien-Cai-Dao: (Pronounced “dinky-dow”. Vietnamese for “crazy”.)

youtu.be/gtuueqJkgjA

I know a girl who's dad was ARVN special forces.

My old man was air cavalry and served three tours from 67 -70

I can give you that, but think about the mosquitoes, the mud, the napalm burns, the stench of sleeping in the jungle and not showering for weeks.

My face swells like shit if it's even slightly hot. I can't imagine being exposed to sunlight in the jungle for months. Plus, it would have sucked to be a guinea pig testing out the first generation of M-16s and suffering repeated jams while getting swarmed by gooks.

thats why I find it so fasincating though, it was definitely the most brutal war we've ever fought. most people who went regret ever fucking minute.

Nope. It was bad, I won't argue that Vietnam was bad, and fucked a lot of guy's heads up, but other wars have been as bad. My great uncle served in the Marines in WWII in the Pacific. To the day he died, he refused to speak about what he saw there. The whole family said it profoundly changed him, he left a normal, happy, talkative guy, and he came back closed off, silent, sad. We'd ask him about the war, and he'd just shake his head. I have one of his medals, I have no clue what he got it for. Reminds me, I need to get some info from an aunt, to request his records, now that he's passed. All we know is he lost a brother in the Pacific, and he refused to talk about what he saw. He was in the Marines, which means he saw some shit.

I can tell the only thing you know about Vietnam is from movies.

Just shut up, kid.

Okay. But how can you say that vietnam had shitty aesthetics when it had so much in common with the pacific war minus full scale invasions of islands and plus more modern weaponry... There's still tons of vietnam guys who will refuse to talk about what they saw as well. And you think marines at saigon didnt take off their shirts aswell? its only a few miles from the equator.

was the reason we were there dumb? kind of. did we fail? yes. but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be respected and learned from. too many people know too little about this war and the ignorance spreads

saipan, not saigon, mah b

I'm old, so I remember Vietnam, on the TV. Nobody in my family served, most of my uncles served in Korea. My dad got a deferral for having 3 kids. My cousin got drafted, but got kicked out for a legit medical condition.

It did impact us. Most of you won't have any clue about this, but there was a huge program for POWs/MIAs (missing in action). You could sign up for bracelets, which were metal, and had the MIA's name and rank on it, and you wore it until the MIA came home.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POW_bracelet

One of our classmates had a father who was a POW. We all hoped to get his father's bracelet, but none of us did.

I can't remember the name on mine, but they found his body, so I had to take mine off. Pretty fucking grim, for 3rd grade. My mom said she had it stashed away, but I couldn't find it when she died. It bothers me, I can't remember the guy's name. But, they found him. They never found our classmates father, as far as I know.
That's my connection to Vietnam, on a personal level. Our family was fucking fortunate to not lose someone there, or get fucked up.

Who said anything about aesthetics, you fucking chowderhead? Shut the fuck up. Better men than you will ever hope to be died there. Show some fucking respect, little girl.

Wir werden euch Judenschweine bis auf's letze ausrotten!

the person whos post started this discussion did, fucking retard

Jesus Christ no wonder Murica is so dysfunctional.
Put one and one together with Malcolm X.

Ya' Niggers are fucked up

>tfw married to Vietnamese qt and keeping it under the rug when on Sup Forums

who Rising Storm 2 here?

Good day faggots, vietfag here, ask me anything.

I'll buy it on release if JewWire personally promises me it's good.

Audio of a 1966 firefight:
soundcloud.com/magneticart/firefight-no-name-village

How do I learn your language?
There is close to not good online material. The language is elusive as fuck, the fact that close to no one wants to learn it makes it hard as fuck to study it as there are no resources.

How are you?

did they improve optimization in the last beta?
t. kept fucking crashing

Duolingo has it.

Good morning, Vietnam.

What did Musso say to Hitler?

are vietnam street sellers going to rip me off when i travel there because of the war?
jk

but really, how much is your country destroyed still from the war? i know we dropped more bombs then we did in the entire ww2. also did you or any of your ancestors fight in the war?

desu just learn it like any other language, the only thing hard about vietnamese is that there're so many different words. Just change one small thing and you get a whole other meaning.
Example is the word: Mận = Water apple, change to Mặn = Sour
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to learn how to write a whole different language like chinese.
Pretty good day so far

tfw you see a Vietnamese man's corpse in the street sliced open and his entrails spelling the word "gook"

Careful when travel to Vietnam bud, people here tend to rip you off if you a foreigner regardless of where you come from because of the mentality "huh duh foreigners are rich"
Most of country have pretty much recovered, there are still a small proportion up in the west and some place that are still have bombs.
Unfortunately the effects of orange agent is still well and kicking though.

ok thanks. l

can you point me to any good vietneamse or english videos or testimonials of VC or NVA or even ARVN soliders talking about their thoughts/experiences on the war? i'd be able to get it translated. and is the war talked about a lot in vietnam these days? i'd say americans always have it in the back of their heads, and it was one of the reasons why i've researched it so much. or does government censorship have anything to do if why not?

It ain't me starts playing

Sorry can't help you with that, the goverment censorship a lot about the war, most of video on yt is about the chinese war and propaganda anyway.
For the most part, we don't really care about that war anymore, especially the younger generation, most of the people like Americans. The chinese war though oh boy, we bash those chinks like everyday.

For how long? My dad served in Vietnam, but being willing to go to jail for your ideals is respectable.

Ahhh, loves me the smell of Napalm.

This. Also America lost.

Stop looking at the shill Hitler posts trying to derail this thread and think about that for a second.

Greatest nation on earth lost a war to jungle niggers wearing sandals, armed with AK47s while living in tunnels eating rice. America with all its military might and arrogance false flagged its way into a war and lost to these gooks.

My grandfather served 2 tours in Vietnam in the Marines. He did not like to talk about his service but he told me a couple stories. One was that one night he couldn't sleep, so he stepped out of his tent to get some air when the tent next to him exploded from a mortar attack.

He also said they would exterminate entire villages if they had VC ties. He had a bag of wedding rings from all the soldiers he killed.

>He had a bag of wedding rings from all the soldiers he killed
T-That's pretty mental bud

If you want to know what people on other side are thinking during the war. This video is a good one.

My senpai is from the South, fleeing North (1954) Relatives have fought on both sides. I can stand for the testimonials on video are sincere.

youtube.com/watch?v=19ejFuEyHyk

EXTRA! EXTRA!

thanks dutchbro