Why haven't we retired the penny yet? it's a waste of government money

why haven't we retired the penny yet? it's a waste of government money

agree, i throw these away in the garbage when i find them in my pocket

Retiring the penny is a tool of the Jews

nogs would chimp out because Abe freed their grammies

is there anything that isn't a tool of the jews?

Shouldn't we prioritize? DACA and Obamacare waste way not money annually than pennies do.

No

I throw 1 and 2 cents on the ground or in bins. Completely worthless.

VAT learn

Lincoln is also on the five?

Thats just fucking retarded, save all your coins in a jar and take them to the bank when it's full

Retiring the penny hurts poor people
Figure it out

Why don't they just stop making pennies? It's not like anyone is going to counterfeit them, just let the existing ones circulate. If too many people used those 51 cent penny squishing machines or threw too many in bonfires to change their color, then just print a batch every five years or something.

It takes so long to count them.

But how? If you think companies are going to change everything that ends in .99, to .00, it's been proven that consumers find things that end in .00 less attractive price wise

no thanks, not worth my time

Disagree, I also used to throw away pennies. There's no feeling like walking out of a convenience store and tossing all your pennies on the cold wet ground ignoring the homeless panhandler with his hands stretched out. As you hop in your car you glance out the corner of your eye to see the homeless nog eyeing the pennies and waiting for you to leave so he can pick them up. A smug smirk spreads across your face as you peel away, you are white, privileged, and it feels great.

Showers.

But I miss that feeling now that Canada's penny has been retired for a few years now.

This is why you're poor.

As if the government has ever cared about not wasting money?

He said figure it out

I'm not poor though. If I was, I'd be saving pennies.

>waste of government money

it's ok, they can just print more, dumbass

Yes, keep buying that (((shampoo))), (((conditioner))), and (((soap))) like a good goy.

We gotta keep those zinc mines in Arizona open.

I work in a shop and the retired penny is a pain in the ass, especially with slimy kikes. They'll spend a dollar more to get that 4 cent adjustment in their favor.

>Hehehe sorry goy I can't give you your 3 cents in change, you probably didn't want to bother yourself with those pennies anyway hehehehehe

>thinking the government makes their money.
Lads please

>he doesn't use delousing powder in the shower

Not going to make it, Schlomo.

the act of making more loses money, dumbass

>The penny might be more trouble than it's worth.

>The cost to produce the one-cent coin increased to 1.5 cents during 2016, the Wall Street Journal reported. In 2015, the penny cost 1.43 cents to make, while in 2014, its production value was 1.66 cents.

>Despite efforts to cut the costs of manufacturing the copper coin, it seems unlikely that the cost of making it will ever sink below one cent. As a result, the Obama administration has been considering alternatives to the penny. In March 2014, the White House called for a "comprehensive review" of U.S. currency, including options to replace the penny and nickel.

>However, in order to change currency denominations, Congress would have to pass a law, which it doesn't seem eager to do. In 2010, after considering the issue, Congress told the U.S. Mint to look for cheaper ways to make coins—but there doesn't seem to be a clear solution.

No it doesn't. You just do what Australia did.

>round cash transactions to the nearest 5¢
>credit/debit transactions stay the same

On the grand scale everything is even. If you are so poor that you're paying for things in pennies and 3¢ is going to break you, you're probably on welfare and it doesn't actually matter.

Finally someone says it

>absorbing (((estrogen))) from the water through the shower
good goy

The metal is worth more than the currency.

Save them up and melt them for scrap.

Did you know that Canada already removed the penny? We just round up or down to the nearest .05.

If (((they))) get rid of the penny people might wonder why their money is worthless. There is NO reason for inflation other than to slowly steal EVERYONE'S stored wealth. You are so fucking brainwashed you can't even imagine a world where wages and prices stay the same FOREVER.

They will retire the penny when the retire physical cash. Until then expect pennies to be made of something even more worthless than zinc, like aluminum or steel.

>not filtering your shower water l

Can't miss even a second of a twitch stream eh? Goodness me your horse is superior.

Its OK once your economy crashes the penny will return as the new quarter

I throw them on the ground if I'm out in public. Do you know how pathetic you sound defending penny collecting? lol

>he thinks the U.S. economy will collapse in his lifetime

>implying a country of shitskins will be able to keep the economy growing

>why haven't we retired the penny yet
We can draw electricity from the copper.