Sup Forums I cant find a religion

>Grow up catholic
>Become edgy Atheist
>Start smoking weed at 18 realize being a nihilist idiot is stupid feel somewhat "spiritual"
>Still don't believe in your Zombie Jesus or Sky Magician god, but think there might be something
>21 smoke DMT am mind blown on what the fuck still don't believe in a sky magician, but realize atheists are retarded
What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_philosophy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where the hell have you been user? We all follow kek.

sort yourself out

Are you the same person posting the same post over and over ?

The OP is a computer program

I just vaguely fallow it because I think it's good for civilization in oppose to these ever growing nihilists who have no kids but want social security.
dmt is great btw.

>using drugs to find God

This is 3 years ago still am spiritually confused user Buddhism and Taoism make the most sense, but still are wacky.

Are you retarded?

How's about you just figure out who you are instead of seeking out yet another label to apply to your self.
Look into some
Prometheus rising by Patterson or some shit man.
Isms will always leave you feeling empty.

once a Catholics, always a Catholic. You'll see.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_philosophy

If you're white, the 14 words should be your religion.

Explore spirituality on the side.

There's thousands of threads with 0 replies

They're shill post by a bot or cnn or some shit

Check the new threads they're retarded dickface

I've found religious deism + natural law to be the most reasonable religious beliefs to have. God is still the source for morality, but what 'God' means to you might be different than what it means to me. I think He/It created the universe, and indwelled us with consciousness, and maybe created the first cell (abiogenesis is too ridiculous for me), but I'm agnostic about heaven/hell, angels, demons, etc. I try to meditate twice a day, and pray that I will be changed, rather than the world. I see all religions as pointing towards the same 'oneness' of reality, though they differ in the names they give things, and I think that Jesus is an utterly perplexing figure. I've thought about going to a Christian church, but I can't bring myself to take on all the theological baggage.

>Practices alchemy turns crackers and booze into body and wine (not real what a funny meme)
>False idols there is a saint for everything I picked the blacksmith for confirmation who ever that is.
>Pope is literally top 10 most evil people on planet
>Priests fuck little boys
Catholics are degenerate.

Stop smoking like a faggot, you're deluded. Also stupid still if you think God is a "magical sky daddy" study some philosophy.

Return to the Church, user. You don't have to advertise what you think. I'm sure there are lots of Catholics who don't know what they believe. You want to wait until you're sure of everything? You'll be dead before that happens.

I can do a better story
>be me
>mom has always taken religion to the extreme for some reason
>grow up sedevacantist
>nofunallowed.jpg
>mother eventually converts to Islam a few years ago because she's a woman meaning she's basically a child
>goes on pilgrimage to Mecca, literally walking there from Iraq
>comes within 50 miles of Isis cities
>momgonnadie.png
>have state department on speed dial if shtf
>mom comes backs, a ok. Customs literally just walks her through no questions asked
>even more radicalized
Tldr; I think my mom might be a terrorist

I've thought that for a while after listening to Graham hancock how all religions/traditions have similarities never knew it had a name.

Why are there so many shitpost Christian threads on Sup Forums?

Some kind of script?

If you've take DMT you already know better than 99% of living people, why do you need another man's religion? If anything just try to integrate buddhist teachings into your everyday life and live in a way that adheres to what you believe is true and good.

We live in hell and until you realize why we are being punished you will repeat the process.

>Most christians literally pray to a sky god in a church you fucking moron
>Weed isn't degenerate and you produce DMT In your sleep study some biology and psych degenerate
>you probably drink with your degenerate friends

>Zombie Jesus or Sky Magician god

.. actually never mind. Go away. Learn to express yourself in way that doesn't make it sound like you're retarded or twelve, or both. Don't come back either. You've blown it with me, user. You're dead to me now, dead.

Investigate Advaita Vedanta, Ishta Devata and Smartism. You can have a personal god if you want or you can view god in an impersonal form.

Day of the Sorting when?

Get some life experience.

Take a walk in the woods, travel, talk to people, look for love, all that gay shit, and just chill the fuck out and accept the ambiguity of spirituality. Enjoy the mystery.

The best meaning you'll find in life is memories of doing things. Go participate with strangers in trying to make this imperfect world better keep your eyes peeled for life's complexities.

Does one report their mother under such circumstances I feel the you can't tell on your family rule still applies but I am not sure.

Hike more.

I'm going to put it really simple. religion is bullshit, scriptures are not. Anything that tells you to look within yourself to find your connection to God is from the true God, anything that tells you to look outside of yourself for your connection to god is of the Devil. with that being said Catholicism is a fraud.

worship yourself, worship your body, worship your mind, worship your genes, worship the long list of ancestors who you owe your existence and instincts to and take none of it for granted.

no need for sky fairies, ritual, philosophy, etc. just do what you know is right and revel in the righteousness of it.

i know people have have done dmt and they don't know shit.
kek

>Board full of shit posters
>Get mad at shit post that hurts your feelings/beliefs fuck yourself idiot.

>Not worshiping Durga

Thelema my brother
Do what thou wilt not what thou want

I feel DMT only does gives knowledge if you seek it, if your just doing it for "sweet visuals" its kind of pointless I think still fun, but not what its for.

Even you ever heard about Chesterton?

Return to Catholicism
The revival will help you find Faith
And remember, you can believe and doubt, that's what Faith is
God is real, Jesus is real, the church is corrupt
Pray for the Church, Pray to be stronger men, Pray for a family, and Pray to god that he may have mercy.
I used to be the same way
Since I have returned I feel much better about my faith, being able to acknowledge the flaws of my church's past while praying for a better future.
Start practicing again in private until you are ready to be public, but the private practicer is a humble one

>Thelema is the reason our country/world is in such decline nihilist ideologies that corrupt the youth and family. I've read a few Crowley books The Law Is For All is one of my favorite books.

No what is this

It is the church, not the faith

>What do I do?
Stop being a fucking hippie for starters

>I feel DMT only does gives knowledge if you seek it
Do you not realize how dumb that sounds?

Think for yourself how about?

Far from a hippie libertarian most of the time and Natsoc when I see the cucks jews and muslims ruin the world

afterthought: dmt seems cool, haven't done it myself but I've done salvia and some other shit that was in that vein. Anyhoo beware the fags that try to make a religion out of psychoactives. Anytime one of them opens their mouth it reminds me of my schizo days how they take their perfection for granted and twist their philosophy around that concept. Leads to some bad juju and being the insecure smug guy at get togethers.

You do realize going into it with the intention that your just going to see cool shit and not reflect on what you saw you wont learn anything? Your definitely a fucking idiot

Yeah religion shouldn't be made out of psychoactives, but they sure do open you up to the spiritual world and almost every civilization before us used psychedelics as a way to reflect/connect

How in the fuck could you consider thelemic values nihilistic?
Also the law is for all is just a commentary on the book of the law

And what have you "learned" from dmt?

On the real tho I can see how you could misconstrue beliefs as being nihilistic but that just tells me you don't have a grasp on the values and the meanings behind the words. I'm trying to insult or talk shit just genuinely the shits about finding your true will not doing what you want to do will=/=want

become an adept in the hermetic order of the golden dawn

G N O S T I C I S M

GNOSIS.ORG
THE ARCHONS SHOULD BE DEFEATED.
THE DEMIURGE IS A RAPIST.

Why do you think you need one? You don't have to associate with some religion in order to hold spiritual beliefs and your spiritual beliefs don't have to adhere to some established belief system to be meaningful.

Stop being a faggot.

>Religion
Just no.
Try zen/taosim/tibitien Buddhism.
You will stop caring about stuff that bother you and start loving and caring except nigger and slimes.

People who follow crowley unquestioningly are the dumbest shits
t. /x/

You don't find religion, user, it finds you. You can't just pick and choose which religion works best for you, you just feel if it's right for you. If you don't feel anything for any religion, maybe you're just not a religious person, nothing wrong with that. I'm a Baptist, and sure, growing up in a Baptist family influenced me, but I can feel it's for me.

Agnostic

Psychedelics offer personal growth. The visuals and hallucinations can manifest from your psyche and, when reflected on in a sober state, can offer insight into yourself.

Lsd made me remember my molestation.

>Sup Forums what is the meaning of life

figure it out for yourself dickhead, that's what the rest of us have to do

you know he did psychedelic drugs right

>those dead eyes

What a shit-tier Christ-chan. Here's a real Christ-Chan to better supplement your post.

Wait what? You found out on acid that you got molested or you reflected on your trip and connected the dots to you being molested? How did that happen?

how can you be sure you remembered a molestation and not that it was a false memory?

Talked to my parents about it. My mom caught my cousin (12) and the next day I decided it was just the worst nightmare I'd ever had. I thought that until around 2 years ago.

I remembered on the trip.

Lmao explain dat shit my guy 10$ says your an uneducated autist

make your own religion

how do you do a learning psychedelic experience? I just do them and let what happens happen. Usually by myself and in the dark. But I never learn anything about myself.

This is called the fencing response. It means he's got a concussion. Brain injuries are no laughing matter. Get educated. Sort yourself out.

Go into with that mindset, try to find meaning while you're tripping and once you're done think back on the meaning you found. You'll know if it was just some shit you came up with while high or not.

Realize that the concept of God isn't a sky magician. Also the zombie Jesus bit I've never understood. You can accept the existence of a god why can't you accept that it could raise someone from the dead. Even if you don't accept the concept of God, the resurrection isn't inconsistent with the cannon of the new testimont. Jesus wasn't some random guy who came back from the dead. Sorry, that one has just always seemed like a ridiculous argument to me.

This

DUDE
DMT
LMAO

It doesn't matter what mindset i go into with smoking dmt. I'll give it a try on lsd. Actually if i did a drug to learn more about myself it would probably be mdma. But i don't like that so ill go with lsd.

jesus is the metaphorical ascension of the holy individual, think human 2.0. he's also the living word of God in the flesh.

t. grew up in a fundie household

I hope that clears up some problems with Christ, but I get it man, Christianity has some serious baggage. the whole thing from Paul onward focuses so much on guilt/sin and not enough on celebration of our "divinity". I blame the state.

So you were raised in a false religion which caused you to become a nihlist and your solution was to destroy your brain with chemicals? If the answer is yes and you can admit it's yes without feeling offended then as Christian I would advise you to start out by studying Gödel's Incompleteness Theorems and read the Bible and take what it says at face value but necessarily literally until you understand the conundrum God was faced with and what that story of manking is all about.

Matt?

>fucking grow up and make your useful you pathetic cunt.

I am also a non religious person who was raised Catholic and has done DMT. It makes me cringe to say this, because I never thought I would actually believe this, but DMT gave me a glimpse to the other side. The light at the end of the tunnel. Intense white light of energy singularity. Everything and nothing at the same time. No sense of body, mind, or place. Just pure energy on the other side. In a way I'm less afraid to die now.

>Dude like I took DMT and dude, I swear like, I litteraly like talked to God

>DMT gave me a glimpse to the other side
>I'm less afraid to die now

That's pretty much it, but at the same time I used to be a lot more suicidal than I am now. I think it's that DMT and some other strong psychedelics can give you a lot of perspective. It makes you less afraid of death, but more appreciative of life.

>take the bluepill.
Believe whatever bullshit you want. Follow Scientism. Believe the fallacy that the Universe auto-generated and that you don't need God because of 'evolution.' You make the rules. You choose whatever is 'truth' because you don't believe in 'truth' anyway. You can do what ever the fuck you want with your life. Be gay, take drugs, fuck kids, become a NEET.. etc. Embrace hedonism, nihilism, and solpsism.

>Take the Red Pill
Realize the Universe was created for a reason. Follow Science. Understand that there are clear, very clear laws about how this Universe operates and there are therefore laws governing how God intended you to live your life. Certain choices, cultures, and ideas build and create and others fail and destroy. Realize that because of this almost all of the choices society gives you are wrong. Clearly taking drugs, going to parties, fapping, certain 'lifestyles' destroy and do not create. Accept these laws, embrace Truth, live Truth, and see where that road will take your life.

>At least one of these two options are false.

Weed; not even once.

Psychedelic drugs are a touchy subject, but they don't make you talk to god as much as realize that "there is more to it than this", "this" being what you have been conditioned to accept as your everyday reality. They're not for everyone though.

You sure that's just not the drugs fucking with your brain, making it "work" the way it shouldn't?

Yes I believe psychedelics can give you helpful perspective but I think the point when you have nothing more to gain from them is a lot sooner than most people think. It becomes a sort of chasing the dragon sort of thing for many. I enjoy tripping from time to time but I don't delude myself into thinking I'm gaining an increased understanding of the universe. I don't think I'll ever do DMT again. That one time was the end all be all. The only trip stronger than that is death.

The only way anything you have ever said or thought was not 'talking to God' is if God decided to not hear it.

>He really thinks morality comes from God, and not from basic reasoning and natural selection.
The saddest part is you're not the only one here who believes that.

>Doesn't understand 'basic reasoning' and 'natural fucking selection' is based on the axioms God created.

God created your Neurology. God created your Reasoning.

God created physics. God created Natural Selection.

>dude drugs lmao

>The Eucharist (body and blood)

The idea is nested in Platonism, behind every object, every individual thing here is the form. The form is truest version of what we observe in this world. The bread although still materially bread has it's nature what it most truly is transformed into the real body of Jesus Christ.

You need a proper understanding of Platonism to get this.

>False idols
There is a difference between an idol and an icon.

An icon points toward the truth and therefore the divine. No saint declares nor demands worship rather every Saint points to the Creator. Not toward himself which would be idolatrous.

>Pope
That's an opinion

>Priests
Molestation rates are below the average populace however it is an aggressious sin that they will rot in Hell for all eternity for. Where do you find justice?

no one actually believe their religion is factually accurate if they have an IQ over like 80, they just think its good for society and enjoy the community, thats why western christians always say something ambiguous like "well thats why its called faith ;^)" if you ask them why they believe that religion and not any other

you're walking in a desert and you see a turtle on his back. he's struggling to turn over, but he can't. what do you do?

Realize that we are in a simulation. After fully realizing this, read genesis chapter 1 (creation) with the mindset of it not describing the Earth and universe being made in six of the universe's days, but six of our creator's days. I think it's pretty possible that Christianity is the religion of simulation but they just don't realize it yet.

>Assumes God for every variable, then struts around like he's correct.
This is just one reason why "hardcore" Christianity has become a joke.

God is every where, no where.

God is within you I'll grant, but all of Creation also points to him. Your reasoning is too reductive.

How long have I been walking in the desert? I think I might have to eat it if it's been too long.

That's pretty much what I said. Routine makes you blind to a lot of things. You dig paths in your brain and end up taking those paths constantly, always paying attention to the same things. "Soft" hallucinogens like LSD can give you a temporarily fresh set of eyes, or at least another perspective, that makes you see the absurdity of some things that you take for granted.