Will we ever see a cultural backlash as big as the 90s again?

Will we ever see a cultural backlash as big as the 90s again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
youtube.com/watch?v=S-G2J3RzURA
youtube.com/watch?v=crCqWK3SmRo
youtube.com/watch?v=vedgTokXj04
youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE
youtube.com/watch?v=8qcu7wRPRHg
youtube.com/watch?v=llBaYisH4MM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw foos are still kicking on this garbage era music industry

Foo Fighters are pleb-tier radio rock.

Everlong is a decent song though.

youre seeing it right now

can your recall the last time you saw teens, young adults, and college age students organize the same way MAGA rallies and Berkeley duke outs have turned out?

With Trump's win, we won the cultural war for the time being.

>and all Iv been saying for fuckin' years
>to all these stupid fucking (((experts)))
>EY! You know what the (((experts))) are telling you, that heavy music is dead and gone
>Ya'll turn around and look at each other right now, look at all the people here
>And obviously somebody is wanting hear something that the fucking (((experts))) are telling you (goyim) you aint supposed to be hearing
>Aight, well check this out
>/quote
Nirvana was never anti establishment, their beta male weak music was (((pushed))) relentlessly through all mediums. Masculine music was suppose to die, but if it wasn't for those dirty Southern Goyim, it was supposed to be purely reserved for Niggers.

I have an instrumental version of everlong. I play it at 1.25x speed and it is the only song I listen to, I listen to it several times a day. If I have a tough project I have to work on or something is causing me stress, I might play it hundreds of times. (I have autism.)

pasty faced north westerners rip off people like killing joke etc
music is ok
no new ground broken
no culture is backlashed
singer is cucked to death by overbearing female
sad

trying this now

Nigger, you're on Sup Forums, it's assumed you have some form of autism.

fug that's good. thanks britbong, will probably do this for years to come

There didn't used to even be a war among young people, in the 90s everyone got along.

Reminder that Kurt Cobain was a sjw.

>Foo Fighters are pleb-tier radio rock.
>The plebbest of their songs is a decent song though.

I don't think there will be. As a 32 year old I can tell you that the world will never be as it was pre-internet. Compared to today the 90s and decades past were mono-cultures. You could have a major cultural shift that everyone was involved in no matter how much of an outsider one may be at heart.

Today cultural has become more indiviualistic. There's not a single form of popular music being pushed on us from the only music outlets we had available to us. The same with TV and news.

So to answer your question, no.

Sorry user because I unironically thought I was on that new board called /bantz/, which I decided to check out even though I have only ever posted on Sup Forums for the last 4 years

It's pretty pathetic that Cobain was literally a multi-millionaire rock star and still got suicided just because he was pozzed enough to marry a literal drug whore.

Like what the fuck was he even thinking?

I was born in 94 but I long to live in a world without internet. All this technology and not enough meaningful socializing (like I think which would be prevalent in a Time like the 90s) makes me pretty depressed. Ironic cuz im in IT.

Link?

youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

>cultural backlash
what?

I love the Foosahs

Punk has been always a lot better subculture than grunge emo garbage

Dave Mustaine drops red pills in this dystopia album. I'm more of a old Ozzy fan, but can still dig this.

Exactly. What backlash?

cuck

I think this guy hit the nail on the head. But just look what has happened to country music. Its gone from this:

youtube.com/watch?v=S-G2J3RzURA

to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=crCqWK3SmRo

Grunge started the musical decline that we are still in.

How?

Who is the red headed guy in that cover, and why does he look nothing like Kurt Cobain?

Musically punk is shit. I was into edgy emo shit but grew up, drop D is a meme tuning and for fags.

It's all just more trash. Once you gave dipshits easy access to writing music using tech rather than understanding theory or their instrument music became splintered and shit.

Now we have niggers who don't even need to know how to operate the shit their music is played on they just need to spit ebonics that barely make sense into a microphone so Lipschitz records can make shittons of money off it.

Yeah I'm fucking bitter because I play guitar and am learning theory but it won't matter because people don't care about that shit and the most id be able to play I'd some dive bar because I play music people stopped caring about 30 years ago

Every single way, at least punk had attitude and a sense of danger, I still own my old jean vest with patches or whatever you call those in English

The time has come for powerviolence and harsh noise to go mainstream.

exactly. grunge is pleb-tier music. it's basically shitty pop with extra yelling and power chords.

Phil is 100% /ourguy/

>why does he look nothing like Kurt Cobain?

Kurt Cobain killing himself is a false flag. He was actually one of the first major transsexuals. He became Courtney Love.

They both pretty shit songs but I get your point. One song is literally the antithesis of the other. One promoting germanic work culture, the other hedonistic degeneracy. Our music is being jewed, and it s being jewed hard. We still got good country tho:
youtube.com/watch?v=vedgTokXj04

100% sure if Kurt cobain was alive today he would have been a SJW.

>ONE
>HUNDRED
>PERCENT
PERCENT
>PERCENT

Literally this. 90% of their stuff is far better than everlong, it just doesn't get played.

That's basically the fate of many musicians. They get to see a lot of the world through touring, but they mainly only see the better aspects of a country because they don't live there among the poor who experience the worst of it on a daily basis.

If you think there was far more meaningful socializing pre-internet, you're wrong. People had no cell phones, yes, but they didn't bother talking to the people on the street next to them. People had no smartphones, but they still had their newspapers or whatever was in their briefcases to fiddle with to avoid talking to you. People didn't have cellphone cameras but they brought disposable cameras and took pictures of themselves at baseball games.

People have wanted to avoid socializing for a long time. You've got it wrong, user. What you want is the socialization that comes from a small town, which you can still have today.

t. oldfag

>He still thinks he killed himself
Good goy

Country music has its rebel movement too m8
There's new "outlaws" and they're starting get traction amongst country fans

>got suicided
>not "committed suicide"
learn2readingcomprehension

Welcome to the 60's

Then what the fuck does it matter what he was thinking if he got Clinton'd

Nirvana suffers from the The Doors effect,totally overrated for the fact their singer died very early

You probably mean the 60s OP.

1968 - year where the Left got the hands into politics, pop culture and won the youth.

It's because of the 60's degenerate youth that we are in this shitty condition today.

I truly hope we can still reverse this

Hip hop is so cringey to see live. Especially at white shows like Coachella. It's literally just a nigger or two lurching around the stage doing karaoke.

To be fair all music at festivals sounds like garbage

>married a fucking drug whore
of course he was gonna get burned one way or another

youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

This is like the unofficial anthem of the South

Nirvana is AiC for the uncultured dudebro

>Welcome to the 60's
That was more like a war between generations, these days the same generation seems to be at war with each other.

>bashing on the foo fighters

fuck you they make some of the heaviest and fasted songs on the radio that get you pumped

Not really, it was the same divide as today. Those who went to college vs. those who didn't.

Be the change you want to see.

Write
Meme
Sing
Preach
Produce
whatever...just be the voice we need now.

You are seeing it now jackass. Seig Heil!

Speaking of bands hyperbolically venerated after a lead singer's early demise.

you can't
conservatives will always be lame

youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE

you were cringe 30 years ago, so you're cringe today

He's a yank mate. They like kiss for fucks sake. What do you expect.

Spinal Tap are unironically better than most American rock bands.

Honorable mention for Johnny cash and the Boss though.

You cant compare them do nirvana,then the dude died they were even on hiatus,the other fucking dude blew his brains when their peak was about to go down

Times Like These
Everlong
The Best Of You (before the radio played it to its grave)
Learn To Fly
Monkey Wrench
All My Life
My Hero
Good Grief

youtube.com/watch?v=8qcu7wRPRHg

Were you asleep back in 2008?

08' was when I first started browsing Sup Forums regularly

What happened in 2008?

The start of the end of the emo kids?

IT'S WINE!!!

>how come I can't wear a shirt that says white power?
>i-i m-mean white wine
haha good 'ol philip

>conservatives will always be lame
says jew

these are people without actual father figures you're responding to. it's sad, really.

cobain was an emo fuck and nirvana's music is garbage. living in the nw is depressing enough with the shit weather and liberal fucktards everywhere, i don't need mopey manbitch music playing constantly to top it off.

>drop d is a meme tuning
made my day.

he already was an sjw

Love Pantera

here it is youtube.com/watch?v=llBaYisH4MM

I've never heard the version with words before but I doubt it's very good

hello newfriend

I think what's going on right now is a bigger cultural backlash than the 90s.

>drop D is a meme tuning and for fags.

drop d is the same thing as standard tuning varying only in easier access to power chords
you are fucking dumb

>Yeah I'm fucking bitter because I play guitar and am learning theory

You're fucking stupid and not fucking bitter, go back to your books and learn son

Grunge music killed the hair metal bands almost over night. The youth couldn't really relate to hair bands singing about fucking super models or partying like millionaire rcck stars anymore. Grunge was relateable to them with songs about teenage angst and feeling like an outsider.

Yea, the 2016 Trump campaign led by the based pedes of the_donald and Sup Forums, united as one, regardless of race, creed, sexuality. What a movement brothers.

t. Tampere SS

In the '70s and '80s.

Now the punk scene is just an SJW cesspool.

First album is based.

>Defending the Foo Fighters
>Reconfirming that British musical taste are still irreverent
I still lol that you have number 1 charts for your country, as if it even matters.

Yes, 2016.

not exactly Sjw.
maybe in America and Germany but here in southern europe you still aren't overwhelmed by political correctness.
pic related is from a punk band in my hometown, they sure are left leaning, playing in social spaces etc (me too) but they can still have a laugh against politically correct.
right wing punk is indeed the cringiest thing

Are these guys Tunisian?

>I've never heard the version with words before but I doubt it's very good

Grunge isnt even a real thing nirvana played poppy noise rock

This. It sounds like if Husker Du collaborated with Nirvana.

Too bad Pantera was massively shitty, lmao

I used to like bands like Nirvana and Foo Fighters. When I was 13. Now I can't stand them, nor pretty much any other mainstream, garden-variety, rock-radio band. I'd say Tool is one of the few exceptions, although they're still not one of my favorite bands and they haven't made a record in 13 years.

Good music is only found outside of the mainstream.

Thanks user. Also that's at 1.0x speed

instant copypasta

>early demise

Dude, everyone was shocked that it took Layne that long to kick the bucket. Anyone that was born in the mid 80s and below remembers how fucking strung out he was. Any time he appeared on television after 93, he looked like death.

Agree. AiC is one of the only mainstream bands from the 90s I still listen to on occasion. I couldn't stand most other grunge and alternative bands because they all sounded like hard rock/metal if it was an apathetic teenager hopped up on lithium. Every now and then, I might also listen to some Tool but that's about it.

We already are
It's us

>Also that's at 1.0x speed

Bands like nirvana,linkin park,slipknot,foo fighter are pretty much introduction bands for teens,no one listens to them once they reach 21

there's about 3 decent american bands and the rest are paste

gob bless the english desu

It's more like liberal millenials vs. conservative millenials. And in a few years it'll be liberal millenials vs. conservative millenials and all of Gen Z.

>MIDDLECLASS KIDS PLAY INSTRUMENTS BOUGHT BY DADDY IN MOMMY'S BASEMENT WHILE WEARING CLOTHES FROM A THIFT STORE AND WHINING ABOUT THEIR FEELS: VERSION 5.0