Well Sup Forums

Did the Russians hack the Jedi Council?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/04/unchecked-fake-news-gave-rise-to-an-evil-empire-in-star-wars/
archive.is/qZG3Z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/04/unchecked-fake-news-gave-rise-to-an-evil-empire-in-star-wars/

The absolute state of US news.

>Unchecked fake news
Like that story of jedis being a child kidnapping cult that punished those who challenged their dogma?

the Jedi literally tried to assassinate the leader of the Republic because he followed a different religion than them

>generation grown up on Harry Potter and Star Wars use these works of art to explain the political situation of their present time
It's nothing new. Christians during crisis would always reference their Bible to understand what was happening.

These braindead liberals are doing the same with their Hollywood bible.

Religious intolerance was so horrendous in the Star Wars universe that a religion was prosecuted for millennia. Truly now I am woke.

What the fuck are the retards on about. I'm so fucking tired of all this bullshit do they like being a dying source of information. You would think a company would do everything it can to stay in business but these idiots just keep shooting themselves in the foot

We need another war. Help us, for the love of God. America cannot exist without something to keep us looking forward. War. This 16 year war with retarded goatfuckers wasn't enough. I went and it was boring as all hell.

Russia, please, give us the war we need. Cull the herd.

agreed

>grown up on
10% of the women now using SW comparisons did not consume a single piece of Star Wars media before TBBT aired

Personally I think a race war would be more productive. Purge the darkies and give us something to focus on

>Unchecked fake news
These people deserve to burn on any pyre made for traitors. They are not fit to be among humans.

this, the Sith are a religion of peace. Evil Jedi had been oppressing their vibrant, diverse and multicultural faith for generations.

you mean 90%

What exactly do they think is the fake news?

Actualy, the siths were barely a religion. Darth Plagueis literally blamed the jedis for turning the Force into a religion, while the siths saw the Force as just another energy to be used.

If anything, the jedis tried to kill Palpatine for being a fedora

If you read most apologetics from II-VI centuries it was mostly pagan women who converted as adults to christianity then complained/martyred because the roman society didn't cater to their needs

>HURR DIS IS JUST LIEK HARRY POTTER DURR

Millennials were a mistake.

Dude what the fuck is this guys problem? lol.

Also, kids, dont skip leg day, pencil legs means he aint trained with that PC and the way he holds that rifle is offensive.

tactical hipster jeans. lord.

Link NOW

Well said, very important point imo

True. You can't blame terrorist actions on peaceful religious people. Terrorism has no religion.

I agree, but I think with the current social climate, this is impossible. With a draft that excludes college students, it will accomplish the same thing anyway.

>washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/04/unchecked-fake-news-gave-rise-to-an-evil-empire-in-star-wars/
its real.

Palpatine did NOTHING wrong

no, bad writing did that

Palpatine merely wanted to protect the galaxy against unwanted extragalactical refugees wanting to bomb the galaxy and destroy its very civilizations in favor of their warmongering society

Please tell me we can meme this into a thing.
#JediPrivilege

Man, isn't civilization like the Epic of Gilgamesh where Gilgamesh and Enkidu realize they are growing weak in society and that their kingdom has made them complacent so they agree to venture forth into the wilds to become great men again?

>Star Wars and Harry Potter references as political discourse

What the fuck is up with American politics

U DONT SAY?

Just more evidence that the Washington Post is Fake News.

A timeless epic like Gilgamesh has a little more credibility than Hollywood trash for babies.

dude fucking what

>washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/04/unchecked-fake-news-gave-rise-to-an-evil-empire-in-star-wars/
Jesus, they still have their edgy "democracy dies in the dark" shit.

Also, archive that shit, you fucking nigger

Day of the rope soon brother.

thanks lars, saved me the work

I wish I were Enkidu desu

Use the archive faggot

Is this #fakenews? #notmypresident

Beat me to it.

He was on screen for the maybe a second during the Peter Selis shooting. When I saw him, I instantly thought of this guy

>star wars then
We're fighting against an authoritarian regime hellbent on total domination of the galaxy.

>star wars now
We're fighting against the evil white male patriarchy as a diverse group of all genders and races.

Where did it all go so wrong

>Board full of people who relate everything to memes and LARP on online Kazakh throat singing photo albums considers it stupid to relate everything to popular franchises (memes)

Why has this image becoming immensely more relevant since it was made?

Different ((((Creative directors)))) that think ((((they))) should take it in a new direction

lel, didn't WAPO complain recently about how this term has been co-opted by the right, even though they popularized it? If you can't beat them after they join you, reject them, and if that doesn't work, double down.

>Board full of people who relate everything to memes

That's wrong, though. The memes are just a byproduct.

Only the reddit infestation care about memes on this board.

This meme is too spot on. It's become scary accurate.

This article is a compelling argument for getting rid of the press.

The jedis where christcucks, the sith the muslims savages using violence, and qui gon and luke, grey jedi, were the true christians that stood their ground but didnt bother people that didnt bother them

THE EMPIRE DID NOTHING WRONG!

Live immitates art/memes

Star Wars died when Lucas sold it to Disney
>inb4 but duh prequels
The prequels were creative and explored different themes, such as politics, even if it meant alienating some fans who wanted more of the same. The new movies are just nostalgia pandering mixed with contemporary social justice all carefully engineered for maximum market appeal as opposed to simply telling a good story.

Oh God. This is funny until I realized that this would absolutely be taken seriously by liberal dumbasses. I can actually picture them saying this non-ironically.
Hold me

>see picture
>a little interested because it means they actually had to do research into the new EU and find out how the First Order rose, which I don't know myself
>article is almost entirely about how the Empire rose and the First Order isn't mentioned at all
>mfw

>lepenn will be our badass princess

>ctrl f
>no archive.is

nuwfeggs

archive.is/qZG3Z

Harry Potter is actually mentioned in the article
>Harry Potter reads the Daily Prophet.
>mfw I completely agree with this ingenious comparison

Except that is wrong. Modern free thinkers point out that you can't oppress people without power and thus the jedi with their institutions of power are the true oppressors, no matter if they commit violence or not towards the sith minority.

Harry Potter more similar to Trump in how he was discredited for telling the truth, yet modern liberals hold him in high regard?

How do you acquire the mental gymnastics to somehow get this to make sense?

This is so perfect. Using the analogy of America being frozen in carbonite perfectly satirizes the people's use of Star Wars to describe modern events, yet (slightly) too ridiculous that they would actually use it, so the satire stays meaningful.

Memes relate to us.

>the empire wasn't the good guy the whole time

LOL all inspired by true events

>"If there was ever a galaxy far, far away in need of a smart and independent press, you're looking at it."

These people need to be send to a galaxy far far away...

*tips fedora*

Why does the left live in such a fantasy land, where everything has to have some relation to movies, tv, pop culture, etc.

This is not true at all

The jedi were pompous as fuck and were widely resented, nothing was getting done in the senate and it was corrupt as hell with no transparency, the CIS seceded because of these things

The people became so unsatisfied they would rather have a totalitarian empire than the shitty Republic

If you're gonna fashion pop culture to suit your agenda actually know more than a surface-level skimming of the movies about it

Lots of parallels to now that i think about it

The CIS did nothing wrong

The Jedi council were weak and adhered to principles of the past that had no place in the present.
Their own arrogance became their undoing.

Just like in real life the old powers are unable to adapt to new and rising threats of the muslims (clone army) led by Isis (the sith) will topple the western regime (Jedi)

>"we need a smart independant press"
Said the corporate mouthpiece that printed the outright lies that got us into the Iraq war.

This post made me facepalm IRL.

Literally this, in legends, because Yuuzong Vong.

disney retconned this

This theory is also very interesting

It's a shame (((Disney))) cut the EU

The Jedi were like the Jews. They were the Forces chosen people.
And the Emperor holacausted them because they were in a position of authority and wealth.

If you watch the Rebels cartoon it's basically become a dumping ground for EU material in an attempt to align it with the new canon. I half expect Mara Jade to show up at some point.

>"Speaking of Science"

>retcon
Retcon seems like an understatement, as it implies they actually released a new work which put a new spin on something that happened before, usually so that it's more consistent with another piece of information, while Disney just outright said it's not canon.

Cut like a newborn's schlong.
The Eternal Jew ruins another fictional universe.

Was that too reddit?

why are right wing memes so funny and authentic?

nah, you can unironically appreciate shit here. I was LARPing as a fedora tipping ledditor

Le star wars / Harry Potter is unironically my new bible meme is cancer worthy and far too pervasive in society.

Is this some kind of pagan "we wuz romanz" larping?

the fucking kikes every single day

Not to mention all the non-human races started the clone wars killing billions of humans.

directly between the light side and the dark side of the force, there is an even side, or as they call it, the ivan side

Disney retconned all that stuff showing how the rebel's new republic collapsed due to corruption and ineptitude and the galactic imperial remnant was the only thing standing in the way of an extragalactic invasion fleet completely sweeping through. was pretty redpilled if you think about it; the degenerate society run by dumbass women, criminals, terrorists and kabbalic spacewizards was shit, the space muslims invaded and then a bunch of pissed off white stormtroopers defended that shit.

You dumb fuck, just drag the Archive.is button to your bar. VERY EASY.

It blocked in Russia.

>Speaking of Science
>look at this story someone made up where unchecked fake news gave rise to an evil empire

on the plus side, every click you give a shill site like this from a russian IP just makes the owners start sweating