Why is the online atheist community so cancerous? I'm an atheist myself...

Why is the online atheist community so cancerous? I'm an atheist myself, but the kind that simply doesn't give a shit about what people believe, not the one that goes around saying "muh logic muh reason muh dawkins".
It really that hard to find right-wing, non-idiotic atheists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K9zmiF810rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because many atheists think that being an atheist is edgy and hip, and many are just too lazy to go to church.

sjws

It was always like that. The fedora meme took them down many notches, but the fedora meme is old news now. Atheists represent the fedora tipping nature of the early internet. They probably just circlejerk on twitter and reddit now. They form their own echo chambers and circlejerk about how their ain't no god, but then again, every single internet community in existence does that. And yes, it's pathetic.

>t. guy that's been banned from every atheist website he's ever posted on

Seems like the punch line is given away at the start of that comic.

If you're going to make arguments, at least understand what it is you're arguing about.

Yes, Reddit, you said it! /r/atheism is arguably one of the worst places on the internet nowadays.

No one is trying to start an argument here.

Who gives a shit what boxes you put stuff in.
Agnostic theist... just a crappy thing you read off the internet and think it means you won't loose arguments if you claim to be part of it.
Anyway I don't believe in them so there's no such thing.

A lot of atheists seem to arrive at that belief system because theyve been told to, not because they arrived at it through their own reasoning. This causes that weird hivemind stereotype kind of atheism. Atheists who arrive at atheism before reading all the memes and identity shit tend to be much easier to get along with and debate with, but these people are often not the type of people to go around spouting the memes.

Because athiesm is becoming the popular, accepted opinion and atheists no longer need to defend their positions, but can still feel smart by riding on the coat-tails of atheist thinkers who until recently did need to defend them.

To be fair, it's not just reddit or twitter. The older atheist forums back in the day were fucking awful.

hurr daddy in the sky cares if you go to church

Agree, but since Reddit and Twitter are more popular than them, those are the first ones I had noticed.

thats because you should look for different and better values when connecting with people than "lmao god doesnt exist XD"

That you think an agnostic would deny something that's factually proven shows you know nothing.

Still pisses me off to this day that scientologist is taken by a shitty fanfic club and not a group of people who only believe what is scientifically proven and endeavor to scientifically prove metters of religion regardless if the findings are favorable.

That's what scientology should have been, not white shoes and aliens.

It's not like I base all my human connection on atheism.

Theres a diffrance between elitists and Normal atheist op.

No fucking way, did you actually take that pic seriously?
Listen, I don't think burgers are stupid, despite popular belief, but you're making me doubt it.

the first frame takes it to absurdity and the last frame establishes the context, the entire thing should be in reverse order.

The problem with online atheist forums is that they are magnets for people who have just left their old religion. These people are bitter about their old faith and desperate to seek a place of belonging. A combination which leads to cancer. People who have been atheists for more than 10 years don't tend to congregate online, unless they are the extreme attention-seeking kind and base their entire identity off of not believing in God

No, you should care to go to church

Unfortunately most of us are leftwing because upon realising god doesn't exist we make gods of ourselves and claim that humans can do anything and that therefore anyone who doesn't believe such nonsense is either stupid or lacking compassion or ignorant

Because they are youtu.be/K9zmiF810rw

because I believe it's my responsibility as a white man to impart some knowledge on you shit skinned savages, I will tell you two things:

>in current year, the waters are over fished, which means a fisherman must work both harder and smarter to make a living

>the lost art of trolling is when everybody, including the victim, are laughing at the end. This is the best form of trolling.

This

It's definitely changing though. Pre-2010 the idea of a right-wing atheist was unheard of.

I suspect around 33-45% of Sup Forums is atheist. Sup Forums was solidly atheist and those people didn't find god overnight

> Agnostic theist

You've never once met someone who is "spiritual" or "wondering spirit?". Bunch of those in the states.

40 hours in ms paint

For me I just really can't believe. It would be nice to believe, the idea of life after death seems pretty sweet. I think it would make me a piece of shit if I went around saying I believe it when I didn't. If we had undeniable proof I would non stop do whatever that God we had proof of wants. Is that God wants me to shove a pizza up my ass every morning I'll do it

Agnostic theists are those people that are appalled by organized religion but really into crystals and horoscopes and shit
>I'm not religious but I believe the stars and planets determine my course in life, also magic is real

I just believe that there might be a god, but there also might not be. I'm not a "muh spirit" "muh stars" fag.

lmao who cares