It's happening. It's finally fuck happening

It's happening. It's finally fuck happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K9zmiF810rw
freebeacon.com/issues/santa-fe-voters-reject-michael-bloombergs-soda-tax/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What did you guys win?

Autism..... Like always ..... We won Autism

got the 1488 get today referencing Sup Forums, thread is still up, go praise

a campaign promise

Haven't looked at it, but I'm sure whatever the final state of the healthcare will be at the end of Trump's final term, it will be more progressive than it was before Obama took office, meaning his legacy is assured, if perhaps to a lesser degree than he might have hoped. I don't approve of this, but it shows how incredibly difficult, for better or worse, it is to curtail an entitlement, and how it is just about impossible it is to eliminate one.

Here's what they passed, what it will look like after the senate gets their hands on it will be fun to see.

Mandates: It guts the IRS requirement in Obamacare that people with purchase health insurance or face a fine.
Tax credits: The bill replaces subsidies for people to purchase insurance in the individual market in the Affordable Care Act based on income with refundable tax credits based on age. The impact is that it will provide more people with assistance but with fewer dollars, especially for the older Americans.
Medicaid: The Medicaid expansion is frozen immediately and in two years the states can start to adopt either a block grant for the program or a new formula based on population instead of need. In an attempt to make the bill more conservative, work requirements have been added for most able-bodied recipients who aren't pregnant or caring for a child under 6.
High risk pools: The bill provides $130 billion to states over ten years for high risk insurance pools to cover the most expensive to insure. A new amendment by Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan adds an additional $8 billion to assist people with pre-existing conditions.
State waivers: States can obtain waivers so insurers don't have to offer robust benefits packages that include maternity care and mental health coverage. Waivers can also be obtained to charge sicker people and people with pre-existing conditions more. Those people would most likely then go into the high risk insurance pools.
Taxes: It repeals every Obamacare tax including the .9 percent tax on couples making more than $250,000 and a 3.8 percent tax on investment income.
Health Savings Accounts: The measure increases the allowable contribution limits of Health Savings Accounts
Other: It keeps the Obamacare provision that people under the age of 26 can stay on their parents' insurance.

Chances this passes senate:
nil

Eh, they only need 51 votes to pass it. The hurdle was getting it through congress.

>The hurdle was getting it through congress
Um, you mean the House? I could call you a fucking foreigner who doesn't know shit about our system, but how the fuck would it be easier for a bill to pass the Senate than the House when the majority is far larger in the latter than the former?

>The Senate, however, will not need any Democrats to pass it because they are using a procedural mechanism that allows the bill to pass the Senate to pass with just 51 votes instead of the usual 60-vote threshold. There are 52 Republicans in the Senate.

ITS HAPPENING youtu.be/K9zmiF810rw

And? That majority, even on a proportional basis, is far smaller than it is in the House. That means only two Senators have to refrain from voting, or a single Senator has to vote the other way, while twenty Congressmen voted against the bill in the House and it still passed fairly easily. So by reasonable measure it is easier for this bill to pass in House than in the Senate.

>Health care bill fail to pass
THIS IS A MAJOR DEFEAT FOR TRUMP
>Health care bill passes
THIS IS A MAJOR VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVES

>Replacing a shitty health care system with an even shittier one
Yeah, great job.

No fucking chance that this makes it through senate since half the republican party are big party neocons who loves having a half arsed socialized medicine system and dont want to piss any potential voters off before 2018

Ayyy say that thing about the Nuclear Codes please it kills me.

by no reasonable measure*

>shariablue niggers using /ourgirl/

raise taxes on unhealthy food, tobacco and alcohol to help pay for healthcare and deter unhealthy lifestyle choices.

Fucking Awesome!

We won a chance to not lose.

They needed a Newt Gingrich in the Speaker chair; they got Eddie fucking Munster.

Newt would have laid down the law.

A no vote means you lose your committee chair.
One of your committee voting no means you lose your committee chair.
A no vote loses you your committee seat.
A no vote means you get primaried.
A no vote means we run ads against you saying that you voted FOR federal funding of baby killing and AGAINST repealing Obamacare.

The fucking GOP needs some spine.

source?

>Implying you have any evidence proving that I'm Shareblue
In its current form, AHCA is going to be an even bigger disaster than Obamacare. Senate Republicans would be shooting themselves in the face if they approve this without amending it.

Go on? What would you change, user-chan?

the right to pay more for healthcare

Hang on, I'm still waiting for my supervisor to get us our talking points.

Dead in the senate.

Looks good. Basically a slightly improved system from what we had before Obamacare. Nothing very significant but its a step in the right direction.

libtards

B T F O
T
F
O

post your salt

HI GUYS, I'M A FUCKING LAND WHALE WITH LOW IMPULSE CONTROL.

PAY FOR MY HEALTH CARE.

freebeacon.com/issues/santa-fe-voters-reject-michael-bloombergs-soda-tax/

bloomberg on vacation plz go

no, muh money

To go even further away from universal healthcare, which is totally communist and terrible!

> I refuse to pay 10 more cents in taxes on my giant jug of soda to help society.

>the taiwan of usa who still cant be the 51st state or get his independence talking about how usa.works.

This, bring Moonman Newt back as speaker of the house; we would have the neocons bending the knee + a bill for a moonbase before the 2018 elections.

>That leddit user name
Haha, what's your kid's "preexisting condition?" Your gonorrhea?

>to help society.

none of it actually benefits anyone its just pays for bond payments the city took out to repair something that went over schedule and over budgeted

>help "society"
By society you mean spics and niggers