What is the difference between the UK, Britain, and England?

I've just been calling (you guys) UK, Britain, England interchangeably depending on my mood. I figured who gives a shit it's the same thing. Is there a difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.je/Leisure/Jersey/pages/profile.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
nomoretyranny.org/lglmaxim.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=3eRxPDLYM9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=P2gDkcpYnMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The term "U.K." Usually refers to the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and Wales I think.

Great Britain and England are a little more interchangeable in my opinion, but I'm just a dumb burger.

The United Kingdom is a country made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Great Britain is the name of the Island that England, Wales and Scotland are on.
England is part of the United Kingdom.

England is a country. United Kingdom is the collective countries of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Britain is shortened United Kingdom of Great Britain

Nah, we switch between USA, the united states and America all the time. You just carry on doing you, senpai.

Well, what about Britain or Great Britain?. Should I not use that?. Is that like some outdated name?.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is what our official name is.

England is the southern (along with wales to the left) part of the main island of the United Kingdom.

You should use the full name "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland" at all times.

Britain is Great Britain, just like the river Ouse is the great river Ouse. The I think Ouse means great, so make that the great river great

The United Kingdom is made up of lots of parts.

Diagram might help

Britain or Great Britain is ok to use. Technically does not include Northern Ireland, although some people there call them selves British.

>and Ireland

One can only hope this will happen soon.

Retake the paddy fields.

England + Wales = britain
Britain + Scotland = Great Britain
Great Britain + Northern Ireland + smaller islands = uk
I think

You should use 'UK' when talking about the country, Great Britain is just a geographical name of the island that most of the UK happens to be on.

This

Good diagram. But technically Jersey and Guernsey are not part of the British Isles. Look at where they are on a map.

It's an island north west of europe who used to travel a bit by ships and kept arguing with each other - irish, scottish etc and couldn't came up with a consensus until the EU emerged.

>Northern Ireland, although some people there call them selves British

I used to hate the IRA in the 80s and 90s but after spending time on Sup Forums and reddit I now hate proddies the most because there's loads of nice catholic/non-religious Irish online but every single proddie seems to be a mega cunt.

So why IS Ireland even something different?. I am not clear on the history. Can you clear it up in a post?.

I know that many Irish came to the U.S. here and I'm assuming they were chased out (religious persecution?) but not sure on why.

honestly, idk

Two are full of foreigners, the other is England.

>gov.je/Leisure/Jersey/pages/profile.aspx
>Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man are part of the British Isles.
Get fucked, retard.

800 years of Irish history my dude

hold the fuck up,
The union jack is a combanation of northen ireland's, scotland's and england's flags; why does the union jack represent britain if wales isn't represented and northen ireland isn't even on the same island?

What about the Faroes?

The Irish sperged out and wanted independence. They decided to be proper cunts about it and set off bombs in England killing lots of innocent women and children.

Doesn't matter. Soon it will all just be Sharia land.

England + Wales = Britain

England + Scotland + Wales = Great Britain

England + Scotland + Wales + N. Ireland = United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern I. Ireland.

4 states in union to form 1 state. Technically. But in some sports, the UK plays as a whole and others, its split up between 4 countries.

People born on the island of Ireland automatically have either British or Irish citizenship and someone born there can identify as either or both. This appeases loyalists and republicans.

>Calais belongs to England

As it should be

That's Germany.

>Alan, Lew; Colin, Hall; Dallen, Timothy (2008). World Geography of Travel and Tourism: A Regional Approach. Oxford: Elsevier. ISBN 978-0-7506-7978-7. The British Isles comprise more than 6,000 islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe, including the countries of the United Kingdom of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. The group also includes the United Kingdom crown dependencies of the Isle of Man, and by tradition, the Channel Islands (the Bailiwicks of Guernsey and Jersey), even though these islands are strictly speaking an archipelago immediately off the coast of Normandy (France) rather than part of the British Isles.

Welsh was part of the kingdom of England so the st George cross represents them as well

UK used to control all of Ireland.

After WW1 and the Irish rebellion in Ireland the southern, mainly Catholic part won independence and renamed itself Eire.

The Northern part was mainly protestant and British and opted to stay part of Britain.

The Catholics in the Northern bit wanted independence and some became the IRA terrorists. The "proddies" are the Protestant terrorists.

IRA were commies taking weapons from mudslimes to murder women and children amongst others. What's to like about that?

England, Scotland and Northern Ireland are shitholes that have achieved nothing.

The United Kingdom took over the planet, civilised it and invented everything.

You skipped the part where the Republicans in Eire begged England to protect them with the army against Protestants.

Yeah that's right everyone, the Irish begged us to protect them and then stuck a knife in our back when we sent troops to protect them.

Fucking IRA shitters should all be stabbed.

It used to be the United Kingdom of Great Britain And Ireland. Some in Ireland wanted independence so the country split into two, the Republic of Ireland which is the southern part and Northern Ireland which stayed part of the United Kingdom

Go fuck yourself

They can't clear it up because they are dirty and poor and have no unified ideology.

You can go fuck yourself, too

Irish Free State. That was part of the Commonwealth actually after 1921. It then became "modern" Eire after WWII I believe.

The IRA nearly blew me up a few times. Im an oldfag who worked in the City in the 80s/90s.

I dont like the IRA.

but over time i have found that the Northern Irish proddies are a bunch of fucking horrible people, and that's given me sympathy for the Northern Irish Catholics, which i never had before.

Why so sad Paddy, what did we ever do to you?

It's all the same
Kinda like how were USA, us, America

I was wondering how long it would take.

Go back to sucking your priests cock, bum boy

They're perfidious Albion. The bastard child of saxons, romans and normans. They've had more names than worth counting.

Calm down paddy.

Norther Irish Catholics are not the same as the IRA

There isn't. They're all cucks.

Everything I know about them I learned from the black Donnelly's

yup yup, just trying to trim it down to 3 sentences and keeping it nice and simple for the Yanks

>So why IS Ireland even something different?.
There used to be a distinct Irish ethnicity, that's why. Nowadays they're little more than Catholic Anglos.

Righto.

Dude didn't you watch braveheart?

Make Britain Great again... please

Let me ask this then. Almost like derailing a thread but maybe not.

Is the Irish and Scotland trying to get away similar to how the U.S. wanted to get away but they were unsuccessful because they were so close or something?.

I saw it a while back (like 10 years ago), totally forgot about it though. I think my patience and tolerance for super duper long movies didn't let me even finish tho.

The whole thing boils down to that. You need to watch more movies. And groundskeeper Willy.

>Had no potatoes
>Flipped out

Great Britain is the name of the actual island. By that logic Ireland is Small Britian.

No because the Irish and Scots actually had representation in Parliament.

>groundskeeper Willy

He was awesome from the Simpsons. That's who you're talking about right?.

I don't remember anything significant about him that relates the the history of Ireland/Scotland at the moment except for when principal SKinner lied to him about some made up holiday and he said "you used me skinner, ya uuussssedddddd me!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Ireland is an entirely separate entity. Brits invaded, colonised, etc. We ousted them politically and violently from south. Multiple risings against Brits culminating in Easter rising and subsequent creation of Irish free state. Irish democratically voted to unify as Ireland and eject Brits. Brits artificially created 'Northern Ireland' as an idea (never existed) as this is where the plantations were at their heaviest, resulting in a majority protestant, pro-Brit,
Pro-unionist (mainly Scots, which incidentally are made up of an Irish tribe that had invaded and mixed with other Celtic tribe) population. As of this year, unionists are a minority in the six occupied counties, and I guarantee you that Ireland will be reunified within 25 years. Also, we had the Ra who were freedom fighters called terrorists by the Brits, obviously. Undefeated and tormented the Brits. Killed Lord Mountbatten for the lulz. Eventually genuinely became terrorists with the inexcusable Omagh bombings. Anyway, they have tons more people than us and still, inevitably, lost, after an 800+ year history. Also, we have an older, richer culture than they do. One of the main reasons for invasion was that Ireland was pagan. Pope actually gave Henry permission to invade. Christian royals legitimacy was founded on divine right to rule. They couldn't tolerate Irish kings who came from royal lines predating British royalty by a thousand years. Also, the British royalty are actually German.

We have long and complicated histories, especially with the jocks. Jacobite rebellion, highland clearences etc

We have verse in the anthem we don't sing anymore:

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.

It's ours fuck off back to Potato land

>Brits invaded, colonised, etc

Dang. Britain invaded and colonized because it was very close and convenient right?. Probably also because shit an extra Island close by to use tactically and militarily to protect them?.

What about Scotland?, why are they seperate from Ireland?. Do they WANT to be a part of Britain or part of Ireland or part of none?.

England = England
England & Wales = Britain
England, Wales & Scotland = Great Britain
England, Wales, Scotland & NI = UK

Ha, simple minded Brit. If you actually knew anything about the situation, you'd know that your government would do anything to give us Northern Ireland back. Costs them millions and no end of problems. To date, it's been the unionist majority that have protected separation. Again, for the first time since the artificial creation of 'northern Ireland', they are now a political minority. Sorry xxx

>One of the main reasons for invasion was that Ireland was pagan
Stupid fucking Mick doesn't even know his own history

stick to what you know best, consuming weak beer and letting your sons get raped by the clergy

>England & Wales = Britain

I didn't even know Wales was a thing. I thought the MAIN big island was all Britain/England. I guess that's a start of my confusion. I've heard of wales but figured it was a city or some shit.

The UK is the United Kingdom which is made up of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Great Britain is just England, Wales and Scotland.
England is just a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

We sort of all hate each other. Only Scotland are England's bitch now. Voted against their own independence. Can you believe that? They still hate England though. At sporting events against Ireland, they actually chant 'we hate England more than you'. Pretty good banter.

It's complicated for foreigners.
Watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

I'm English. My passport says "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
So, I'm British and English, and a citizen of the United Kingdom.
Just call me a bong, island monkey, brit, tea-nigger or limey.

The island is not called the United kingdom.
The island is called great Britain.

Ahh but what you don't understand is your country is so economically fucked (and owe both us and the Germs allot of money) that taking on NI would just make you poorer, difference is we can afford it

“The power which is derived cannot be greater than that from which it is derived.” (Derativa potestas non potest esse major primitiva - Bouvier’s 1856 Law Dictionary).

nomoretyranny.org/lglmaxim.htm

English Law > British Law > UK Law

Bedford's a shit hole

Pretty accurate, except it's the free state flag, not the tricolour

Says the yank. Pains me to say this, but you'd have been much better under British control, you uncultured, degenerate filth.

>so many names
We'll settle for "Dad" if that makes it easier.

This is a good documentary
youtube.com/watch?v=3eRxPDLYM9Q

This Kiwi knows.
Also 'the Crown' is an actual thing AND an abstract concept.
It can be puzzling. The Crown is in the car in this vid. It is a physical object.

youtube.com/watch?v=P2gDkcpYnMc

Cónas atu anois? cunts Béarla agus American dúr ag iarraidh a thuiscint na hÉireann, ag baint úsáide as aistritheoirí ar líne. beag dhéanann siad a fhios, as seo a léamh, do mháthair bás ina anocht codlata, Huns tú cunt. Amirite? :D

England, non-sovreign country.

Britan, name of the island with England, Scotland and Wales on it.

United Kingdom, sovreign state consisting of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Our country really should improve on our school system and especially make it so we have 3 required years to learn World History.

>Also, the British royalty are actually German.
Wrong. They originate in Scandinavia. Also the Queen is descended from the Kings of Ireland.
Look it up.

Same difference between the USA, America and Texas.

england + wales = britain is made up bs

Actually a majority of native-born scots voted Yes

it was money and the ethnic/anglo vote that fucked us

Texas ain't shit tho.

Texas is wannabe faggot state that if they SERIOUSLY wanted to get out we could give their faggot ass to Mexico or let them be by themselves (which we know they WON'T WANT) because then they'd actually be Mexico and not part of the United States. Faggots from Texas would sworm back up to the U.S. because they created what they hate.

I have to say it's not the same thing. I could see if Texas was a country that wanted to leave but they know they aren't shit without of rest of the United States.

You're asking for the scots to start autistically screeching if you refer to the UK as "England". You can use UK and Britain interchangeably and no one will give a fuck, though.

england is the biggest country in britain.
britain is england, scotland and wales.
UK refers to the above, plus overseas territories, including northern ireland i think.
personally, i prefer united kingdom. sounds cooler.

How can an Island be made up?

>England & Wales = Britain
mind providing a source on that one?