Why California is so retarded?

Why California is so retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2017/05/california-may-have-found-a-creative-new-revenue-stream-taxing-rocket-launches/#p3
ftb.ca.gov/law/regs/25137-15/06162017-draft-text-for-Notice.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-1
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can tax the taxes, yes.
Weird but true.

>We don't want private space companies in California
I'm sure New Mexico and Texas will be glad to pickup the slack.

No, that's not the point, Juan.
Rocket launches are already taxed by feds, instead of giving them tax breaks so they could make some profit, they are going to tax them again on state level.

>Vandeberg AFB
>Air Force
>"let's tax the federal government, guys"

How so you justify taxing a rocket?

>knock knock
>who's there
>private
>private who?
>privately owned launch pad in oregon or washington

sauce pls

I don't.

I laughed so hard at the State of California doesn't accept State of California I.O.U's as tax payments a few years back.

arstechnica.com/science/2017/05/california-may-have-found-a-creative-new-revenue-stream-taxing-rocket-launches/#p3

ftb.ca.gov/law/regs/25137-15/06162017-draft-text-for-Notice.pdf

>Taxed by mileage that rocket travels
Basically, they're taxing the environmental impact of the rocket launch on the atmosphere and making sure they pay for the carbon footprint that the rocket travels from the ground to space.

They'll use that money to fund more wind farms to counter the harmful effects of rockets.

Because Democrats

muh programs etc.

Tax incoming rockets for maximum profit

This is a great idea, they can push through legislation for this industry that is obviously going to be huge and bring it lots of revenue before it has a powerful voice to lobby with.

LAND OF THE FREE

you want launch pads to be near the equator. it makes (most) launches more efficient due to earth's rotation. that's why they're all in southern cali, texas, or florida.

KEK

no they won't Faggot. Kys yourself.

vandenberg isn't used for prograde launches, that puts your flight path over land. it's used for retrograde or polar orbits, a launch pad in oregon or washington could do that just as well.

>harmful effects
>rocket launch
you're mixing an oxidizer with a fuel, unless you're using relatively complex fuels environmental impact isn't even a concern. RP-1 is just refined jet fuel and liquid oxygen is just oxygen.

truu lmao u good u good.

Well yeah. Doing so would be equivalent to the state printing money by fiat. You're a bad goy if you're not paying interest on your money to a private central bank :^)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-1
Fuels similar to jet fuel. No way it produces enough pollution to justify this tax. Not to mention, how many fucking rockets do they even launch?

Lol they'd rather pay the tax than move their operations to your shitty state

Space X rarely launches from California.

It's mainly Florida and you can simply shift launches to New Mexico or Texas.

I live in Colorado, lots of your kind have been migrating here. Tell them to fuck off back to your shithole and stay there.

Vote PRI or become a commie edition

What do you think about this dude becoming governor?

>Rocket fuel
>Carbon impact
Do you even know what rocket fuel is made out of?

they already launch from other states
Texas and Florida are better geographically
the best thing about California is that they have their main headquarters near LAX so they get their own flight restricted area to prevent spying

Florida here. Were not cucked.

Dinosaurs and plants

they come for the weed, dude

dude, WEED

who the fuck knows, half the brain dead fucking libtards here can barely read.

jesus christ

COMMIE

FORNIA

Is there anything that California doesn't tax you for?

I know
amendment 64 was a mistake

We have quite the infestation, but hopefully that'll change soon.

maybe they shouldnt pay for the net to save assholes killing themselves on the san fran bridge.

Maybe they should stop subsidizing niggers and spics with welfare.

The tragic logic behind this is... "Let's tax white peoples efforts to explore the universe so we can give money to niggers and spics to have more babies."

California is a hippy doom cult.

The one thing I would approve of: leaving (so they won't)

>try to propel hummanity into an age of space-exploration and technological evolution
>commies shut you down because they need gibs moneys for tacos and niggers

>Why California is so retarded?
It's not, this proposed revision would only be applying its tax code in a logically consistent manner when it comes to private rocket launches.

What's the big deal?

ATF strikes again

$200 pls

1 out of 10 Falcon 9 launchesfrom Vandenberg

SpaceX is building a spaceport in Texas, so now even less incentive to use Vandenberg

tax SpaceX and they'll just move the entire operation to Texas, commies gonna learn

Baja the 51st state when?

cause it can

>SpaceX is building a spaceport in Texas, so now even less incentive to use Vandenberg
NO!

Bring your monies to space coast please.

I'm a Californian, none of the tax money collected actually goes to where it's promised. Everything gets thrown into the general fund and wasted on government bloat and cronies.

You mean California 32nd state of Mexico when

>and your other tax

how does that work

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic

>mileage
Watch they'll start taking the rotation of the galaxy into consideration. So every second the rocket leaves the ground it's 13K kilometers California will tax.

>impose taxes on top of already existing taxes
>companies start launching from NM or Nevada instead
>lose the tax revenue you already had
Jesus Christ Californians are dumb

Social Engineering & having Hollywood in it.

Exactly this

Arguably the most daring and cutting edge work being done in the name of innovation requiring an enormous level of capital investment, technical expertise, and personal grit...

And California acts like it doesn't want it.

Why was this natural beauty made inhabitable by such a government? I just want muh guns and to modify muh car.

Hydrogen and oxygen. Or kerosene derivative