Why do so many philosophers end up going mad?

Why do so many philosophers end up going mad?

Because they all stare into the void.

The human mind is not biologically capable of comprehending the full nature of the universe.
It's like a chimp trying to do a crossword puzzle in Chinese.

KEK

fug

One of the hardest, biggest redpills.

>Imagination does not breed insanity. Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination. - GK Cheserton

There is your answer

>molymeme
>philosopher

(You)

I HAVE BEEN A PHILOSOPHER FOR 80 YEARS
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?
CUT HIM OFF MIKE

Hope you're (not) doing well.

This. The realization that going back to simpler times will never happen is quite a black pill. We'll just keep staring at the abyss for longer and longer.

hmmmmmm strange way to build Molymeme's fan base

>

you are the people who have touched upon the truth of the Universe and Existence
but it is actually more beautifully elegant than you can imagine, but most people are capable of understanding the:

>Source of the Genuinity of Meaning

not an argument

They're surrounded by irrational people and ultimately become blackpilled. Stef realized that peaceful parenting won't change the world because third world low IQ hordes are pouring into the lifeboat nations. He has to advocate for strategies that violate his core principles in order to save his people. He knows what must be done and will sacrifice his sanity to do so.

Go on. I'm interested in what you have to say.

Philosophy is kind of retarded, its for pseudo intellectuals.
Its a deterministic universe, everything is the result of a near-infinitely complex, yet concise series of events all the way back to the Big Bang.
If a star didn't go super nova 150 million years ago and mutate the DNA of a tree shrew on earth, would we be here today?

Free will is most likely just an illusion of consciousness, and your actions are pretty much predetermined by your biological code, the people you grew up with, and your diet and physical/emotional health

Can't help but say:
THIS.

Bobby Fisher was redpilled

They spend their whole life up their own ass, duh.

49/50 people they interact with are hopelessly stupider than them.

free will is the geocentric universe of this era. once enough data becomes available, determinism will be impossible to escape, and those with loose morals will love their laminated "not my fault" card

Yeah... and he's a chess player. You know... logic. Like a philosopher requires. Like the quote just said...

Retard

Humans are still capable of steering direction via politics.

Your kind of attitude leads to nihilistic apathy. Would you feel comfortable with your doctor delivering treatment with such a cavalier attitude towards your health? No.

Grounding context is important but an "lol none of this matters attitude" is wrong and damaging.

shit
meant for

The true nature of reality is too maddening for any one man to behold.

We have (had) rules and regulations which may have felt restrictive, but they existed for a good god-damned fucking reason.

Fuck you I'm triggered now. pay me reparations and give me money for muh hormones

Stefan is a kike for accepting the holocaust meme.

However good thread OP

>leads to nihilistic apathy
for those with shit values, yes
>Would you feel comfortable with your doctor delivering treatment with such a cavalier attitude towards your health?
good thing those kind of people wouldn't even go through med school

>Be a philosopher
>>Attempt to bring depth to the world
>>>World calls you a faggot
>>>>Hatred for the world intensifies in spite of your love for the world
>>>>>Insane asylum at age 59

You finally comprehend the bleak, pointlessness of life and they we are all just walking flesh robots with absolutely no impact on the world as a whole. There are no gods, only the void, which always hungers for more.

Also it's fucking annoying being the smartest person in a group, because you have to talk to everyone like they're 10 years old

Stef has always been a little bit eccentric. However I don't think he's mad. He takes principles to their conclusion in a way many others wouldn't be willing to do. And he's also aware of biological realities which has left him a little jaded in my opinion.

nope

Trying to be sane in a world that's insane

honestly, you're fucking retarded, Newton, Einstein, etc. considered what they were doing philosophy. the irony is engaging with philosophy (what you're doing right now by criticizing it) is philosophy. the entire scientific method is informed purely by philosophy. 20% of the terms in your post are philosophical terms and without an understanding of philosophy you'd just be repeating what you heard someone else say instead of having any real understanding. By denying philosophy you deny every branch of knowledge. not really sure why I bother replying to brainlets, they never learn.

Maybe we're the ones who are actually mad?

I don't think so.
If a big part of who you are is who you spend time with, it is even more imperative to be nice and be a positive role model.

Just cause we're little doesn't mean we aren't special. There are billions of black holes in the universe, but a unique series of turning continents and peppering of chemicals evolved a race of animals that slowly generated a new evolution, from technology, an animal that could finally tell that two rocks were of different hardness

>By denying philosophy you deny every branch of knowledge
really tingles your telos

It's hard for most people to handle the conclusions that you come to when your intellectually honest with yourself. It's painful.

Free will is not a illusion.

I'm haunted by reality and reason.

I wish I could go back and lead a normal life.

It's a constant battle not to reveal your power levelm

This is what the weak say to them self to feel better.

They goes nuts because they are born unstable and they do drugs and that causes brain damage and depression.

You can't prove any of that. Even if you prefer to believe it, you have to accept that it's an act of faith.