Metaphysical shift

What went wrong?

Does anyone feel like everyone is trapped in their own smartphone / internet bubble? When the fuck did this happen?

I remember the old days when you would meet up with your friends all the time and just hang out unannounced. There was no JewTube, Zuckerberg and distractions to get in the way.

Now I feel like we are all in this unholy reality portal that is replacing human consciousness with a dopamine drip dump that feeds our brain into the systems of Google and other globalist entities.

Anyone feel like something is very wrong here?

Internet/smartphones is what went wrong. I know exactly what you mean, the other day I was in a restaurant and a little league ball team was in there (ages 10-12 or so) and every one of them was sitting at the table looking at a smart phone. Back when I was that age I would have been playing with my friends or something, now they all just sat there like a zombie staring at the phones. It's sad in a way.

Its one of those cases of people smart enough to make the technology and use it correctly being too smart compared to the rest of the population who is using it. Normies are not self aware enough to deal with current technology responsibly.

>Playing with my friends
You would be running around playing at a resturant.

>he think you have to be running around to be having fun as a child

No dumbass, I could be sitting there talking to Jamal across from me or throwing straws at Chad a few seats down from me. Just being a kid instead of a fucking zombie.

Smartphones, social media, video games, television...etc etc...

We've been letting (((globalists))) fuck us hard from day one.

This post is making me feel weird inside. W-what's going on goys?

Cut social media

m8 you should see the trains, trams and busses these days. There's maybe one person reading a book while everyone else blankly stares at their phone

what if i'm reading a book on my phone

checkmate abo

We need to go further. Retinal implants in your eyes and some manner of device to manipulate your brain into feeling things on command would allow for true AR and VR experiences. This is needed to prepare us if we are ever to transcend beyond the flesh.

I cut social media and feel free and less stress, yet find it difficult to know what the heck children must be thinking these days.

The oats, brother..

Autistic people turned society autistic.

Transhumanism is the wave of the future and the creation of that society would be truly egregious, both the archaic and formal meanings of the word would apply in that situation. However, the best position to take, if the chance did arise, would be simply to not participate. Welcome in social obscurity and accept the biological component of being human. But alas, there is no point in a warning that will not be heed.

If the human race ever merges into simulated reality of bliss i'm staying behind

Gotta be fucking lame having to meaning to life

I already feel like an oldfag preferring outdated and more difficult but more rewarding ways of doing things

Because technology sucks the meaning out of life

Brother, will thou share some oats

I remember exactly when it happened, it was the year 2010.

I'd host house parties in HS and no one would be on their phone beyond a simple text or two because at best you'd have a fucking sidekick and look like a moron punching that little qwerty board, graduated 08.

Had to lay low 09 because of law trouble.

Flash forward to college parties in 2010 and every fucking moron has some form of android or iPhone and use its bright shiny touch screen as a social deflector.

this is better.

I used to complain about everyone on their phones until I got one now I just look at it in public so I don't have to see the disgusting people around me.

I stabbed a cousin in the eye with a plastic switchblade I got out of a claw machine when I was a little kid

You pussies don't know how to have fun

*heeded.

Fucking retard.

Screw the phones, why are people so addicted to facebook and instagram? They can't do anything in life without posting about it.

It's all the same thing user.

Brave New World OP, the song by Iron Maiden.

>I remember the old days when you would meet up with your friends all the time and just hang out unannounced

This still happens. You are just a friendless, uninteresting faggot. So you feel isolated and assume other people are isolated also.

Normies have always occupied themselves with meaningless trivia.

It's just a future with predictive search results.

See only what you want and none of what you don't. It is all stuff that is perfectly enjoyable to you but can't really be shared and enjoyed with your peers because they are just slightly different.

You will probably criticize people for going with the flow and being sheep, but that's the only way to truly choose for yourself.

Start making choices for yourself again and you won't feel trapped. It doesn't have to be much. Play Magic, even if you don't like the current format, buy a new game and play with your friends, order something different at the restaurant.

Start making more little choices and you will naturally start to make the bigger ones.

I'll be with you. Fuck cyborgs.

Normies never belonged on the internet

>T. Oldfag, on internet since 1991, on Sup Forums since 2007

Smart phones is what happened. Checking Myspace and Facebook at night a couple times a week for maybe an hour at a time 10 - 15 years ago on your computer was no problem. But now everyone is on their phone checking facebook 24/7

Don't forget series
Fuckin everyone watches the shitty Netflix and Amazon series.
I already overheard normies multiple times saying how they're fed up with the virtue signaling and forced diversity in casts, yet they watch every shitty show cause the series they consider good don't put out enough content fast enough to keep them entertained, so they just watch whatever is there.

Brother I am hungry, please would you share some oats?

I am too young for the beginnning of the internet and have only heard stories. If they are true it was the golden age of the internet, the sky was the limit.
Social Networks and Phone user were a mistake

Imagine how different the world would be if the cell phone didn't progress past a glorified brick. Yeah, there'd still be intolerable pricks using their phones all the damn time, but at least there would be far fewer of them. Hell, it wouldn't even be that bad because phone calls have more substance than a direct message ever could. And lard asses who live for social media wouldn't be as numerous either, people wouldn't be nearly as inclined to fire up a computer to project every thought and feeling they have onto Twitter, Facebook, and every other cancer that makes up Internet culture. I don't think I'd be too far off if I said that smartphones have probably been the most detrimental invention in history regarding societal interaction.