Is it just me or something fishy going on about the petroldollar,oil, and gold

is it just me or something fishy going on about the petroldollar,oil, and gold.

oil seems way undervalued compared to gold.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-22/end-era-rise-and-fall-petrodollar-system
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gold is overvalued because it's widely regarded to have more value than its utility as a commodity.

The whole thing is kind of a weird illusion but I'm guessing given the relatively huge supply of oil and how heavily traded it is it would make sense that the price is more market driven. Irrespective of any backing in gold or oil, US monetary policy is its own clusterfuck and if you look too closely at it you'll see the entire thing is an unsustainable house of cards.

Gold was a worthless junk metal the Incans used to discard as trash until (((they))) decided to pretend it had value. Diamonds are incredibly common and worthless until (((Debeers))) locked down the price.

Are you retarded? Gold isn't useless at all. Look up the practical applications of gold. They are numerous.

No you paranoid illiterate fuck, that is wrong. All Humans innately value gold because the Anunnaki engineered us to mine it for them.

Yeah the Incans had so many industrial age uses for gold... the Spanish totally knew gold was a great conductor...

gold had a libor scanadal in the UK and the price was fixed, it's being settled in court as we speak.

oil is artificially low because obama made a power play against the arab and latin american countries on his way out, by flip flopping on tapping into US resources, scaring the sand and rainforest niggers to jack up their production (in case clinton or trump went through with the pipeline). this flooded the world market with cheap oil, which china and america are buying and stocking up for WW3.

>posting using an electronic that has gold conductors

Gold is worth about 10 cents a ton for electronics uses. If people weren't hoarding it for no reason the supply would increase and prices would plummet to their real market value, which is less than copper.

Gold is like ancient bitcoin. It has a finite supply, becomes increasingly difficult to mine over time, and is impossible to counterfeit. It's a natural medium for exchange like bitcoin.

>hur dur I'm a retard so that means da joos did this

>inb4 someone points out that gold can be created in labs, it isn't profitable ergo no counterfeiting.

The cost estimates I heard from the Almadin guys back in the 90's was around 5000 dollars per ounce to turn lead into gold. might lower it a little but most was the amount of electricity required and the time. But as it was only $200 an ounce at the time IBM decided it was not worth the time.
Most gold used even in electronics is just for marketing reasons.

... Gold can be created in labs? Like... adding extra protons to stuff?

Yep, protons to stuff.
I thought it wasn't possible, but it is. It's theoretically possible to turn any element into any element, it's just practically really fucking hard.

you mean 10 cents of gold plating per tonne of electronic boards or do you actually thing gold is sold at ten cents a tonne for industries?

Nuclear bomb works that way, hydrogen is relativly easy to fuse, uranium is relatively easy to fission, the middle elements require supernova level energy to fuse.

scanning tunneling electron microscopes that have been modified by really geeky people at IBM did it back in 1995.

Exactly. I've been there it was done in Darmstadt.

>15 replies
>ctrl-f "rarity"
>0 instances
Weird

I would love some petrodollar info, I'm fairly ignorant but it such an important lens through which to view the world

Why is gold so overvalued compared to a decade or two ago, same with all the other metals

Will it come down or will it just keep climbing to the moon?

2 things are happening:

>US and its allies are keeping the price low to fuck over russian and iranian production

>Saudis are keeping the prices low to keep shale oil unprofitable and so they can keep themselves relevant. This is going to bite them in the ass when they cant keep up with demand since the shale oil infurstracture is already in place.

>Why is gold so overvalued compared to a decade or two ago

It's not. The practical applications and demand for gold keep growing, and it's a finite resource.

>>US and its allies are keeping the price low to fuck over russian and iranian production

>Saudis are keeping the prices low to keep shale oil unprofitable and so they can keep themselves relevant. This is going to bite them in the ass when they cant keep up with demand since the shale oil infurstracture is already in place.

this is accurate

The supply and utility of gold (as a heat/electrical conductor) alone mean that it's price can't be that low.
You're completely wrong, at a particle accelerator you could make a couple million atoms of gold a second. Do you know how long that would take to make any reasonable quantity of gold? Using an STM would take even longer.

>Gold is overvalued
bzzzz wrong user. Gold is a example of how the economy is. When the dollar aka fiat currency loses value gold will retained its value. As we all know paper has no real value in a collapsed economy. In Germany after WW1 it cost a million Marks for a postage stamp, something like 5 million for a loaf of bread. If anything user the Economy is garbage, Gold has been been artificially devalued to hide this. Don't pretend you know what you talking about by spreading false information. Gold is acceptable payment world wide, unlike money from a collapsed Nation.

Stop it with the memes about gold, gold fluctuates and doesn't perfectly track the economy or perfectly keep its value. The gold standard is a meme and goldbugs are idiots. Well-managed fiat currency is vastly superior to gold-backed currency.

>invest in acres and acres of massive solar panels in the desert
>start making counterfeit gold around the clock
>pay off the cost of your investment in a month
>keep producing gold and expanding solar panel
>become world's first trillionare
why hasn't anyone done this?

>Well-managed fiat currency
thats the debate we are having tbqh. You're right longterm but in more near sighted terms is also kinda right

Don't listen to the idiots user. I seen this spreading around the net again. The last time I saw this disinformation we went into a recession. Muh gold is valueless. Can't eat gold, etc. Bang economy tanked. Or these people are purely morons.

Gold is hard and nigh-impossible to actually counterfeit, the closest you can get is hollowed out bars filled with tungsten/osmium/iridium or some other similarly dense but less expensive metal, which is extremely time and energy-consuming anyway. Investing in acres of solar panels is another massive cost that you'll have to factor in and they won't produce much net energy to recoup your investment for a while.

Why not use the solar panels to power servers mining bitcoins? That would be more logical.

Well based Ron Paul thinks that some day countries will only accept gold for oil once the fiat money system has collapsed. zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-22/end-era-rise-and-fall-petrodollar-system