Liquor Recalled For Being Too Strong

archive.is/ytlIK

On Wednesday, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency announced that a recall of Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin, issued the previous day, had been expanded nationwide after officials discovered that one rogue batch had managed to escape the bottling plant much stronger than it should have been.

In emails, Amy Federman, a spokeswoman for Bacardi, which owns Bombay Sapphire, said that “a few cases” hiding somewhere in Canada contained gin with an alcohol content by volume of 77 percent, rather than the 40 percent shown on the bottles’ labels. That means the recalled gin ended up being 154 proof instead of 80 proof.

“Other than the higher than normal alcohol content, the product is within specifications, and there have been no reported illnesses,” Ms. Federman said. “However, we do not recommend consumption of the product.”

The company is asking consumers to return the recalled products to their local stores for a refund. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency offered the same suggestion, and also proposed a more radical one. “Recalled products,” the agency said, “should be thrown out.”

Upon further questioning, Ms. Federman specified that the Bombay Sapphire had been recalled “because the label was incorrect to what was in the bottle.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8fA-DepWG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

.... thanks fore the info... i guess

pussies

And?
We all know Canadians are pussies

What's it like drinking cleaning products?

>It comes in a can
Eastern Europe everyone

R.I.P.
youtube.com/watch?v=L8fA-DepWG4

That doesn't look like a can
Are you blind?

>glass bottle
>a can
Get that maple syrup out of your eyes

It's a bottle.

It's a glass bottle, leaf

Fuck I wish I'd bought one

>480ml of alcohol

>it comes in a bag
Canada, everyone

>open video
>skip like 40 seconds in
>first words I hear are "bitch nigga"
>closed

fucking niggers they only know how to say the same 5 words

KILL

>implying this isn't a marketingstunt orchestrated to get people to buy those bottles hoping it's one of those 'special' ones

The vapor infusion is done before diluting it, so in all likelihood it's exactly the same as regular bombay sapphire only without the extra water, so in effect you get twice as much of the product you paid for.

If you want to get really willy-nilly, then there's a slight bit more than 480ml of pure ethanol and 20ml of pure water.
Long story made short, the molecules of the mixture are packed more densely than the separate pure compounds.

>American doesn't understand health and safety protocols
No wonder your food tastes like shit.
Go ahead and try an Oreo made in America and one made in Canada and tell me again how you guys have standards.

ah, glorious political discussion as usual Sup Forums

154 proof is pretty strong but it won't hurt you

>canada

lmao never fails

>canadian intellectuals

You would have to know the volume of water and ethanol before they mixed, by which you can then divide the volume of ethanol pre-mixing to the volume of everything in the solution, and have the volume fraction of ethanol
it's less than 1ml of difference over half a liter

just like an irishman to know his alcohol mathematics

you need to adjust your screen's color balance, nigel

keep telling yourself that

just LIKE an irishman. you need to adjust your brain's English balance, luigi

Time to open this badboy up

i legit shat in that bottle

enjoy my shit ya fuckin poof

i ate a spicy pizza too so... hope u enjoy the burn, coz its not the alcohol burning, its the shat out chillies

God damn I love it. Makes the best vodka.Currently hammered on it right now.

i legit pissed out of my ass w/ diarrea doodoo shit ass right into that bottle

fuckin faggot enjoy my shitpiss absolutely laughin so hard at this american fuckin dick yanker enjoying australian shitpiss directly from ass to bottle

time to kill urcself fucktard

Is this why British toilets are so clean?

kek

I love you Australia

>People ITT treating ABV as a dick-measuring contest

BTW, have any of you tried pic related? It was getting rave reviews a while ago but I haven't tried it.

>can
autistic leaf.

Yea what does this have to do with Sup Forums at all

well your shitpiss is fantastic and oddly transparent.
>drunk/10 would shitpiss again.

Underrated!

A fucking...

Day of the rake when?

I had this once, it's not bad actually, but i've not mixed it before so maybe its terrible mixed

Define: "Not bad", because for the life of me I can't imagine it tasting like anything other than jet fuel.

>but you must buy our special GMO cannibis instead, goys!

It burned but I've had far worse tasting weaker vodkas. New Amsterdam is fucking awful for example but its less than 40%

>Yellow vision

Dude... Name a single food you eat that hasn't been selectively bred or otherwise genetically modified.

bombay saphire makes for the best martini

Would you say better or worse than Luksusowa?

It's a fucking meme liquor, riding the coat tails of the rye craze. If you see anything come from a large company like that it is guaranteed shit quality. Just buy Rittenhouse or find an old school whiskey distiller like W.L. Weller if you want to splurge. Knob creek is okay if you really want to meme out.

This

young people, please, please, do not drink hard liqour. It can kill you very easily! It is a terrible poison.

stick with 1-3 beers.

If this for drinking or starting fires?

I have AIDS and mods are fags for no particular reason

>implying humans haven't been selectively breeding plants since the agriculture revolution
It's not a modern concept; technology allows greater control more quickly.

> label says 80 proof
> shit's 154 proof
> canadians lose their shit because it's better than advertised
> hosers taking "booty shots" ( ingesting alcohol as a suppository) die by the thousands
> nothing of value was lost

also, most gin is shit, i only use it for cleaning my toilet (seriously, i live in a high humidity area and gin kills mildew in the bathroom)

Exception: sapphire is good when mixed
Special Exception: rangpur lime is the bomb on the rocks with a twist of lime

>Taking bait this hard

How can you tell if an Italian woman is a virgin?

If she can run faster than her brothers

>I don't know shit about alcohol

FTFY

Drinking literal poison.

> corrosion to stomach lining and GI tract
> harm to and decreased hepatic and kidney functions
> acute and chronic pancreatitis
> DT's
> Aggression and violence
> loss of critical thinking and judgement
> severe impairment and inability to operate a motor vehicle

It's hard to understand why anyone consumes this liquid death

>Rye
>Whisky

Pick one and only one leaf

while i lol'd it's definitely not a can

venison, plenty of fish,

Fuck off to your didgeridoo class

Fuck off to your sheep's arse

Gin is disgusting. I'd imagine less gin and more pure alcohol to be an improvement.

>Bong
>Knowing anything about booze beyond warm pints of lager and spitting on natives with a mouth full of gin

Unless you're Scottish it's time to stop posting.

Has anyone itt had milk vodka? I swear to god that was the smoothest clear spirit I ever had. Can recommend.

I actually went and bought a bottle of this stuff. Didn't know you had to mix it with water. Got so shitfaced I don't remember anything.

Yeah, I can drink anything except gin. Gin tastes like an industrial solvent.

Leaf eyesight everyone

> crown royal
> whiskey
seriously.
thats just sad

Translation to a language you might comprehend
nigga you slippin
dat shit be whack, yo
shawty dont be giving up da nappy dugout wiff dat sheeeit nigga
git u sum cirroc like a real nigga
dat shit da bom ass voka nigga, diddy be on point wiff dat sheeit senpai 100 100 crying face emoji 100

No, that's actually the exact opposite of what I was implying. Everything we eat has been altered to suit our wants and needs.

As far as ethics are concerned, other methods like exposing seeds to radiation and just brute-forcing the mutations we want are pretty fucked up.

People were scrambling to buy it because it won "world whiskey of the year 2016". I bet half the bottles they sold won't be opened for another 20 years, lmao.

Moderation, user. Anything is toxic in large enough amounts.

We still alter their gene pools by harvesting them, man. When people started fishing with nets in the "New World", they'd get ridiculous hauls. Recent studies have shown that fish now have the behaviour of dodging the nets entirely, so our estimates of fish populations have been vastly off for a long time.

duck, rabbit, fish, duck, ouch.

>Land of Budweiser and Coors
>Be from land of single malt, bitter, porter, gin....
>Wants to lecture me on booze

You might as well try and tell me about drinking tea and having a sexy accent m80. I don't hop up in your threads telling you how to be fat and own guns do I?

I love bombay sapphire tbqh

Can't say I've heard of that one.
I've had Ciroc, Absolut, Smirnoff, Russian Standard, Grey Goose, New Amsterdam, Imperial, Zubrowka though

This.

> U dont know shit about alcohol
> makes no particular argument
suck a thousand sweaty muzzie cocks.

everything i asserted is factual
if you would argue otherwise, make a fucking point or continue being a worthless faggot.

>.Currently hammered on it right now.
its morning...

It's probably the best bang/buck in terms of Vodka out here in Ontario. It's a Polish potato vodka. It's about as cheap as Smirnoff, but with a much cleaner taste.

get on my level you weak liver fucks

keep a bottle hidden in the toilet tank at work for rough days

> you have to mix it with water
> never had real moonshine
> thinks store bought "white lightning brand" is shine cuz it comes in a mason jar
nigel, you need to train harder, your liver isnt up to snuff.

god tier drink reporting

Dude, just because you only know the most mainstream of American beers doesn't mean that's representative of overall quality. That'd be like judging Canadian beer based off of Molson when we have fantastic beers, meads and ciders being made all over the country.

Is cheap Tesco Imperial Vodka drinkable? With a coke chaser for example or something.

>Drinking spirits

If you want to give your colon a spring cleaning then this

We invented the cocktail. You lose.

So, which frat are you part of?

keep it, wax the cap, shelf it , put a sticker on it with the actual proof somewhere on the glass part. it'll be worth money in 20 years

> four loko
> chad posting from his mom's i-mac
> currently smearing himself with testosterone cream and shooting wisterol into his nutsac
> always skips leg day.

forest mushrooms.
>get on my level

id try it once. but idk if i would ever drink that shit again.

That's just a dumb idea.
Because of the difference in how anhydrous alcohol is produced the primary impurity you will find in it is methanol, which is extremely poisonous.

Enjoy your brain damage.

We may not get it here then but I refuse to drink Smirnoff
Russian Standard is my minimum standard. I can drink any vodka with a mixer but i wouldn't recommend drinking Smirnoff, Imperial (or anything of similar or lower quality) neat

> four loko is too broseph even for a kiwi
> the verdict is in, four loko is for giga-faggots

You tell 'im guv'na

I'm sure they sell lab grade stuff with no added methanol, but I'm not sure if that is what he has.

Haven't noticed any brian damage yet