Are republicans the irl supervillians?

are republicans the irl supervillians?

edition.cnn.com/2017/05/04/health/house-health-care-preexisting-conditions-reaction-trnd/index.html

they literally might kill innocent people who were just born with an preexisting condidition.

how the fuck do they even get votes in a democracy? why can't americans just join civilized countries wtih state healthcare. i just don't get it, their state should have the money if my country can afford it they should to.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/gop-healthcare-bill-pre-existing-conditions-2017-5
cnn.com/2017/04/30/politics/trump-health-care-pre-existing-conditions/
pgpf.org/sites/default/files/0006_health-care-oecd-full.gif
time.com/money/4763609/pre-existing-conditions-ahca/
thehill.com/policy/healthcare/331632-gop-bill-hung-up-on-pre-existing-conditions
crooksandliars.com/2017/05/gop-rep-says-those-pre-existing-conditions
msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-lawmaker-those-pre-existing-conditions-may-need-move
congress.gov/115/bills/hr1628/BILLS-115hr1628rh.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't understand what the deal with this pre-existing bullshit is.

So (and I want a source), you're saying that people who have pre-existing conditions are being denied coverage? Like they aren't going to treat people who have these conditions?

I have an extremely hard time believing this, and all I've heard as far as "sources" are people spewing about it on reddit and from all of the self-hating white people I know.

>are republicans the irl supervillians?
Yes, this should be obvious.
Especially in Trump's case. His base are a minority that's lashing out at the liberal majority.

>how the fuck do they even get votes in a democracy?
See above. Apparent;y 28% of American voters are willing to burn the country to the ground just to piss off the majority.

They have to pay 30 percent more for the first month or some shit

That's it

i find it hilarious that dems set the bar for morality when they passed obamacare. the bill being pushed by the republicans right now is more humane than the system we had prior to obama

This has always been a problem with insurance companies. They won't cover or charge extra

My understanding is that they MUST treat them, but don't have to do it at a loss like Obama forced them to for equality reasons.

They also pay less taxes

So, they no doubt will actually have more money after that 30 percent increase

Normie
What the hell are you doing here?

>So (and I want a source)
Have you been living in a cave?

businessinsider.com/gop-healthcare-bill-pre-existing-conditions-2017-5
>No, the Republican healthcare bill does not protect preexisting conditions

>unlike the mandate under Obamacare, insurers could charge them higher rates than others in the plan if they allow their coverage to lapse.

etc

yes but for the pre-existing condition only
if you accept to pay for pre-existing conditions without a premium here's what's going to happen:
>don't pay for health care because you're not sick
>save a lot of money for years
>get hit by truck
>pay insurance
>insurance pay tens of thousand for your broken leg
>stop paying insurance
>save a lot of money for years, again
>get cancer
>pay insurance again
>insurance pay hundreds of thousands if not millions for your cancer treatment

Guess who would pay for it? Insurance companies? Wrong. It's the people who play ball and pay for health care their whole lives, even before they're sick. But hey, fuck them, right?

pgpf.org/sites/default/files/0006_health-care-oecd-full.gif

lots of fucky stuff going on.

Source: CNN and BusinessInsider

Enough

By the way, that happens worldwide
That's basically one of the main reasons Obamacare is dying

Finally. I just had no patience to write this masterpiece. Thank you sir

just die already

>don't have to do it at a loss like Obama forced them to for equality reasons.
Do you even understand how insurance works?
Insurance companies don't have a magic license that lets them serve as health-care retailers.
The whole point of insurance is some people will cost the company more than others.
American health insurance companies are lucky we're the last civilized nation on Earth that hasn't eliminated most of their predatory business model through a single-payer system.

And in the case of Obamacare, they made out like bandits because everyone if more or less forced to buy health care instead of just leaving chronic conditions untreated.
That's why both the health care industry AND the insurance industry is fighting against the Republican plan.
Romneycare is ONLY good for the Republican party, and no-one else.

okay but right now before this act (potentially) goes through, what is the norm?

Like what would the difference be between then and now? Considering myself and my family are in your "hey, fuck them" category, I don't understand what the difference would be.

> civilized
> not the global hegemon known as the United States

pick one and exactly one

THE FIRE RISES

no clue about the US, in France that's not a problem because health care is mandatory, so you can't cheat your way out of it (except expats, all of them come back when they're sick and they should be shot on the spot)

that non white wouldn't have survived without white science in the first place

what god giveth god taketh away

>I was born with a medical condition
>That gives me the right to point guns at people until I get what I want

This is what leftists actually believe, and they think they're the compassionate ones.

It's called charity, fuck face. Over 90% of LA Children's Hospital is funded through voluntary donations.

How about you stop being a tyrannical faggot and donate to a charity you deem worthy?

no fucking shit insurance companies don't want to pay for shit that is already wrong with you

Try buying homer owners insurance after your house has burned down

>businessinsider.com/gop-healthcare-bill-pre-existing-conditions-2017-5

So that article still hardly explained what the actual lack of pre-existing coverage entails. I'm in the category of a family member losing their job due to an injury, so I've been without health insurance.

This article explains just as little as the first one does, it just beats around the bush and doesn't actually give any details. Just talks about "high risk pools" and how "Trump made a bad deal". I want a source to the actual text itself where people decided this bill was so evil. In no way am I defending it, but I'm sure as fuck not trusting CNN or Business Insider for any sort of valid outlook on the way I live. I want the source that drove people to hate this bill so much.

That's not how insurance works you dumb fuck. You can't pay for insurance after you need it and it'll cover you. It's the same as your house burning down, then you buy house insurance and the insurance pays for a new house. The insurance company will tell you to go fuck yourself.

yeah dude France is nothing like the US. Healthcare in the US is complete fucking garbage before or after this bill.

My main curiosity is why people are making so much noise about this now. I want to see an actual reason because every single article says the exact same shit, and there's not actual documentation for anything they're saying, it's just news slander bullshit.

I'm not even saying this bill is good, it's probably bad, but before I jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else, I want to know why.

>Source: CNN and BusinessInsider
>Enough

time.com/money/4763609/pre-existing-conditions-ahca/
>The Republican plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which narrowly passed a vote in the House today, rolls back protections for people with pre-existing conditions, which could increase health care costs for an estimated 130 million Americans.

thehill.com/policy/healthcare/331632-gop-bill-hung-up-on-pre-existing-conditions
>Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) on Tuesday became the latest House Republican to come out against the ObamaCare repeal-and-replace bill, underlining how the legislation is losing support from lawmakers who fear it could hurt people with pre-existing health conditions.

crooksandliars.com/2017/05/gop-rep-says-those-pre-existing-conditions
>Trump and Spicer just plan on lying to everyone. Rep. Mo Brooks, on the other hand, has a more nuanced and evil argument.
>People with pre-existing conditions, you see, just haven't led good lives.

msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-lawmaker-those-pre-existing-conditions-may-need-move
>GOP lawmaker: those with pre-existing conditions may need to move

Asshat, most of the articles are quoting Republican Congressmen.
Trump is the only Republican politician that won't admit the bill fucks over people with preexisting conditions, like my daughter who was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 18.
Under the Republican plan, she'll likely be in a wheelchair by the time she's my age, because she can't afford the meds on her own.
OK, it's not the rest of America's fault she's got RA, but it's not her fault either.

But they left the preexisting conditions clause in.

The fuck are they bitching about a nonissue for?

premiums will be a bit higher for those folks

Do kill yourself, and go worry about your own problems if you can't do that. Promptly please.

Dude you are proving the exact point I was trying to make. There is no SOURCE. There is no actual text document they're getting this from. They just take the same article and rewrite it like a child would do with their friends homework not trying to get caught by the teacher for plagiarizing.

I want you to find me a text document stating that your daughter will not be able to afford the medication she needs. If that's the case, this is an awful bill and need to be stopped, but unless you or anyone else can provide verification of these claims, it is just another two minutes hate.

>okay but right now before this act (potentially) goes through, what is the norm?
The basics of Obamacare in a nutshell:

>Most people have to buy health insurance whether they "need" it or not (protip: EVERYONE needs insurance)
>Insurance companies have to cover everyone, no matter how much they need it.
...and that's it.
Win-win for everybody.
Oh, OK, some small employers have been skating by for decades by not offering shitty insurance or no insurance, knowing that some of their employees have spouses that work for big companies that will make up for the little guy's stinginess.
But under Obamacare, ALL small employers have to shoulder their share of the cost, so it doesn't make any one of them noncompetitive.

BECAUSE AMERICA IS THE LAND OF THE FREE WERE THE GOVERNMENT DOESNT HOLD YOUR HAND! PUSSY BOIII! ILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT OUR GOUNDING FATHERS WOULD BE DISGRACE BY WHAT AMERICA HAS BECOME! NIGGERS RUNNING WILD HOMOS ABRUPT AND EGUAL RIGHTS FOR VAGINAS! AMERICA WAS NEVER MENT TO BE A COUNTRY IT WAS MEANT TO BE THE START OF THE FREE WORLD! BUT YOU DAMN JEWS LIKE ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING. AJDBEUEIENSKSIWJWNDIDKWNENBBWUEH
WE NEED TO GO WAY BACK BEFOR 1913 AND MAKE AMERICA THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED!

>Poland
I
don't even know why you're bringing this up - Poland has more serious problems than USAs healthcare

peddle your shit elsewhere
we entitled to our healthcare and chocolate

What the fuck is insurance for? You know you can buy insurance before a baby is born right? If you gambled and didn't, it's your own damn fault. Mortality rates are high at birth, decline, and then increase.

From my understanding with Obamacare you were sort of forced to get insurance or you'd pay a fine. Which meant everyone was obligated to get it and the insurance companies were obligated to accept anyone, regardless of what they had or if they had to work at a loss.

This meant since everyone was forced to get insurance and there were only so many insurance companies for an area, they jacked up the prices because of all these new "customers".

With the changes incoming they no longer have to accept anyone and no-one is forced to get it. So that essentially means the insurance company doesn't want to accept any liabilities. And everyone with a pre-existing condition will essentially lose them money, so they won't accept them.

So if I show up to a car insurance business with a wrecked car and demand to pay the same as someone with a perfectly fine car and have mine fixed, this is acceptable? You do realize that insurance is a business based on the wager that you don't need the coverage, right?

You do realize that the pre-existing coverage from obamacare is the primary reason all the small and medium sized insurance companies were forced out of the marketplace right? And that without the massive tax credits set to expire in 2018 even the whales would be forced to fold? Do you even understand anything about insurance?

Sick people are useless. They should be euthanized. No offense, it's just not worth it. Everyone dies eventually.

>I have a pre existing condition and I'm gonna make it your problem too!!

Yes. Republicans and Democrats are equally shit.
Reminder that this is a natsoc board.

Yeah, but if the burned down house is a pre-existing condition that the government says the insurance company has to ignore, then yes, that's how home insurance would work.

>premiums will be a bit higher for those folks

Boo fucking hoo.

yeah that's what I imagined. Everyone is freaking the fuck out about this and there's no verifiable reason they are other than hearsay.

I had a girl I've been talking to text me this morning spouting off about this pre-existing condition stuff and how pregnancy isn't covered and blah blah. I went on to vaguely agree with her as to not cause an argument, and she then started up with the "he's a white male" shit and I was like yeah this whole thing is definitely some propaganda bullshit.

Needless to say I'm not super motivated to continue talking to that chick lol

>they literally might kill innocent people who were just born with an preexisting condidition.
And democrats literally might kill innocent people who aren't even born yet with a preexisting condition

>made out like bandits

WRONG! Many insurance companies planned to withdrawl from the exchanges set up by Obamacare because they were hemorrhaging money

Yeah, and their taxes will be less too.

That's not how insurance works, and not how pre-existing conditions protections work, you dumb nigger. Having pre-existing conditions covered doesn't mean you get to buy insurance only when you need it, it just means you can't be denied for stuff like asthma and stuff like that. You still need to get it in advance, if you try to get it after you need it they aren't going to accept you or pay for your bill. Now fuck off your your propaganda.

this. i work for a healthcare company and we lost hundreds of millions from some states, which is why we're seeing a mass exodus from the various markets

>There is no SOURCE.
Most of those articles are quoting GOP lawmakers.
What in God's name could possibly serve as a better source?

>There is no actual text document they're getting this from.
Of course there is. How fucking stupid are you?
In case you don't trust the GOP experts, go ahead and read the whole 126 page bill yourself:
congress.gov/115/bills/hr1628/BILLS-115hr1628rh.pdf

The republican healthcare act summed up:
>so instead of death panels we skip the death panels and go straight into the death.

THAT makes sense. THAT is the response I was looking for.

If that's the case, then yeah the bill probably isn't a good thing, but why isn't this mass protest/anger directed towards insurance companies instead? The politicians are just scapegoats for the money being made behind the scenes.

I think if they keep that clause that Congress has to go with the new health plan too, it's worth having. Better we all suffer than we suffer and they don't.

>yeah that's what I imagined. Everyone is freaking the fuck out about this and there's no verifiable reason they are other than hearsay.
Read my post again.
You asked:
>right now before this act (potentially) goes through, what is the norm?
What I described is Obamacare, NOT the new GOP plan.

>quoting GOP lawmakers
>trustworthy

also
>news networks are not absolute propaganda.

I'm going to read that now, that's what I was originally asking for so don't act like I'm some sort of moron for asking about a text document and not instantly digesting the slander of the mainstream media.

ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE

They're not changing pre-existing conditions. More fake news.

So, how did she survive before obama?

Okay, so someone please tell me why health insurance companies needs to have a competitive field?

No that's people who didn't have health insurance for a while, nothing to do with pre-existing conditions.

>His base are a minority that's lashing out at the liberal majority.
And yet he still won a plurality of the votes so what does that tell you?

ah, makes sense. understood

The fine was much lower than any premium so you could still not get insurance. Also because people couldn't be denied only the sickest people got health insurance, and they got it through the exchange set up by obamacare, which insurers voluntarily joined. Insurance companies and the government had no idea who would sign up how many would they knew that they would be sick, so many poilices were actually underpriced for the risk the insurers were facing.

I'm not entirely sure what will happen with those with pre-existing conditions. I believe that the insurance company might make them pay a higher rate or you can be accepted but only before you seriously need something costly like surgery, the average person who just needs medication every now and then in theory should be fine.

As for attacking the government, it's a lot easier to hit and people rely on the government to sort out everything. People protesting every single insurance company in the country is going to be ineffective to make them change and insurance companies still need to make money.

That public education is having the intended effect for which it was designed.

without competition, prices skyrocket and quality and supply plummets...

this is literally the first thing you learn in economics.

I don't think you understand it. Insurance works as a pool where everyone pays in and the expectations is that most people won't ever use it. If you are the person that uses it, you'll be covered but excessive use will lead to higher rates to keep the pool solvent. The extreme cases get dropped because there's no way to support those costs.

The same thing happens with car insurance. Difference is people make emotional appeal because muh sick kid. Bottom line is it's a business and coverage isn't free. Obamacare just gave us mandatory insurance with deductibles so high, nobody could afford to use it.

Where is the supply in health care?

This is why I never understood insurance. It always sounded like some sort of ponzi scheme to me, where you have to be sick as hell to benefit.

The insurance. You pay X monthly and later on down the road if you run into trouble, they pay for your care or most of it anyway.

If there was only one insurance company they could easily raise prices and hold a monopoly. Multiple insurance companies means potentially less that you have to pay or they'll cover more.

Have you read this? Reading the table of contents and glancing over the document so far I see no mention of eligibility other than repealing laws enabling insurance companies to determine eligibility based on income and the repeal of many many taxes associated with prescription medications.

I could be wrong, i'm going to start actually reading, but so far it looks to be far more good than bad.

she has bad genes that hurt the species
survival of the fittest bitch if we would stop saving so many weak people then we wouldnt have to deal with liberals

>they pay for your care or most of it anyway.

What if they don't cover your injury under their contract?

That's what I thought too. I remember seeing news on it. Why is every liberal freaking out then?
Are we wrong?

not all industries are equal. the the infrastructure industry as an example. private roads would either end up as an uncrushable monopoly or a giangantic waste of space.

Competetion keeps the rates low, you have to hire the best works to keep down your administrative costs. Without competition a work place can get massively unproductive

>that's what I was originally asking for so don't act like I'm some sort of moron
If you wanted to read the bill yourself, you could have done that before you even came to Sup Forums.
You ARE some sort of moron..

A ponzi scheme would be paying out to everyone and requires new people to continue the flow.

Insurance pays only to the small number who need it.

Medicare and other federal entitlements are ponzi schemes, because they pay out to everyone who reaches a certain age and require more and more younger people to pay in without taking out. Insurance is just pooled risk/resources.

> implying any of the retards wasting their lives browsing Sup Forums are worth saving and do anything to positively contribute to the species or the socities they live in

top fucking kek

Sup Forumsfags are just a bunch of pathetic retards with deep-seated issues, profound delusions, mental illness, and serious self-confidence issues

I'm not entirely sure if health insurance over in the US is universal in what it covers or if certain companies cover different things. If the former then you're screwed, if the latter then you got unlucky and chose the wrong company.

Why polacks have unspeakable names?
Its a jew thing?

You signed a contract and then whine when you have to uphold your end?

If there were competition, you'd be able to find a plan that covered everything, albeit at a higher cost. (still probably cheaper than what you'd pay for shitty monopoly coverage)

Red states, i.e. the places that pathetic Sup Forumsfags and trump supporters live, have more preexisting conditions than anyone else lol

no my man, I don't scour the internet reading laws and bills. I went to school for electrical engineering so there was no need for me to be on congress.gov reading lawspeak. I came here out of curiosity because the world has been lit up with rage over this bill in particular, and I wanted to know why.

I never came here claiming I was some sort of omniscient being, I came here looking for an answer, which you gave in the most autism-aspie way possible. Not everyone who asks a question is a moron.

>series of meaningless assertions with zero evidence to support them

yes

>so who you think might have cooned you
>yyh I think his name brzeszczy..ghajhgghasghahjkgski

I Was expendable and viewed that way by my government just in case they ever wanted to declare war

>Muh sick girls

Seriously, even though they were shitskin did anyone fucking notice that Boko Haram fucking killed all the boys from the schools that they took the girls from and no one batted a fucking eye?

One reason why I say tough shit, gender equality cunt.

Do you like it? I'm a risk management and insurance major but I plan to go in to p & c

It's gambling but the alternative is you die in the street. I'll take the bet.

Think of it like car insurance. You want to drive without it and come out of pocket in the even that you crash to cover your car, the other persons car AND all the medical expenses? Or you want to pay a small fee each month knowing that you're a safe driver and you'll probably never wreck but the safety net is nice?

>the weak and defective must be kept alive at all cost
>even if it bankrupts the nation

Why? Let them die off. This way the world will be both richer and healthier in the future.

I'm healthy and my insurance agent up $400 a month under Obamacare. I can barely afford lunch half the time now.

Prove the roads part? I can't prove you that an cap roads wouldn't work because they literally don't exist. Maybe they don't exist because any society that tried that went bankrupt or was outcompeted by a society that had a ebil socialist state building roads.

My point is that there are certain things the competetive market won't provide you / is worse at it than a central planer.

The real problem is multifaceted. America would do great with a European type healthcare system however several things need to change.

>not having open door immigration and not enforcing actual immigration law. Citizenship is not a worldwide right to all, nor is your crappy living condition in your county legitimate grounds to come here illegally
>Some degree of a health standard should be enforced, wherein wildly unhealthy practices and anything that is the result of that nullifies your health care. weight 600 lbs? Sorry, your just slowly killing yourself.
>the health industry is designed right now to cure the super rich, and those practices trickle down to plebs. America has the most expensive HC because it has the most expensive equipment, most expensive administrative infrastructure, most expensive liability laws. All that needs to be fuckin' kept in check.

so the problem is they never seem to be able to tackle multifaceted issues at once, because, well america is never inclined to sane dialogue.

So they have the right to not pay for your hospital visit if they do not cover your injury.

Have the government take on the burden of pre-existing conditions. Make Heathcare about caring for the unhealthy and not insurance against not being healthy.

Lol fag

Those who can't provide anything for society should be removed by society

NO MORE LEECHES

Essentially, yes, because that's not part of the contract you signed. I doubt most car insurance companies would cover you if you were drink driving and drove your car into a lake.

Daily reminder that there's less people insured now than prior to Obamacare.

>bit muh millions of people will lose coverage without the ACA

Yeah at first, but in the long run more people will be covered when this garbage goes away. Insurance will be cheaper and you won't get ass fucked come tax month for not having insurance.

So... a public option for sick people.

MUH SOCIALISM.