There are diseases hidden in ice, and they are waking up

>There are diseases hidden in ice, and they are waking up

>Climate change is melting permafrost soils that have been frozen for thousands of years, and as the soils melt they are releasing ancient viruses and bacteria that, having lain dormant, are springing back to life.

>In August 2016, in a remote corner of Siberian tundra called the Yamal Peninsula in the Arctic Circle, a 12-year-old boy died and at least twenty people were hospitalised after being infected by anthrax.

>The theory is that, over 75 years ago, a reindeer infected with anthrax died and its frozen carcass became trapped under a layer of frozen soil, known as permafrost. There it stayed until a heatwave in the summer of 2016, when the permafrost thawed.

>People and animals have been buried in permafrost for centuries, so it is conceivable that other infectious agents could be unleashed. For instance, scientists have discovered intact 1918 Spanish flu virus in corpses buried in mass graves in Alaska's tundra. Smallpox and the bubonic plague are also likely buried in Siberia.

>In a 2014 study, a team led by Claverie revived two viruses that had been trapped in Siberian permafrost for 30,000 years. Known as Pithovirus sibericum and Mollivirus sibericum, they are both "giant viruses", because unlike most viruses they are so big they can be seen under a regular microscope. They were discovered 100ft underground in coastal tundra.

>Once they were revived, the viruses quickly became infectious. Fortunately for us, these particular viruses only infect single-celled amoebas. Still, the study suggests that other viruses, which really could infect humans, might be revived in the same way.

bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20170504-there-are-diseases-hidden-in-ice-and-they-are-waking-up

This is how it ends.

If only you had listened.

The Thing.

>Viral epidemic starting
>From Siberia
Yeah, no. That's not how it works. Epidemics can only start if you have a very numerous, very mobile population, and reasonably high temperates. No place where some permafrost is present meets these criteria.

I never understood the "climate changes in cycles" rhetoric that the anticlimate change people spout. We're humans, we go hard on earth. We should do everything in our power to stop the cycle and have the earth serve us.

So what you are saying is, nature is a very complex control system and has its own ways of balancing and buffering things? Frankly, anyone who is upset at the thought of another plague that wipes out half of us is a retarded emotional faggot. Just like being sad when certain species go extinct. Don't we want species to go extinct for the sake of evolution? Why do liberals try so hard to protect species that haven't adapted to their changing world? I thought liberals were all pro evolution. Nope. They are pro emotional decision.

These treefuckers sure seem to have developed their own retarded apocalyptic religion.

The older I get the more obvious it seems to me that humans always generate and reorder everything around them in a certain pattern.

Religion is part of it, doesn't matter if people believe they are rational atheists, all they did is create a religion out of it.

Eat as much probiotics as you can to enslave the little bastards to fight off diseases for you. Don't be a sickly little bitch.

These diseases gon be woke af.

Dan Brown, is that you?

>read that /x/ tier thread about a week ago about the "zombie" virus in Antarctica's "secret cities"
>This news about hidden contagions in ice

hmmm...

>Probiotics
>Viruses

Conservative education right here, folks. Sad.

See you in Hell buddy~

webm was going great until i saw the hebrew on her wrist

EXCELLENT; COME QUICKLY BUBONIC-CHAN

>having to invent a new boogy man because your old one it's taking to long to do anything.

Climate Change cultists are the worst.

Careful not to cut yourself on the edge there

Fuck you faggot I never had a vaccine in my life and I bet I could bench more than you ever could, little bitch.

I know you are one of them because you actually think the woman in your video has a hot curvy body instead of being a girl with the body of old lady.

How is being okay with nature being natural going to send me to hell? I am a good and generous person. If I end up in hell, I don't want to be in heaven.

> I never said anything about viruses

Looks like your education didn't work out so well, are you projecting?

>engineer weaponized pathogens
>blame it on global warming

can these diseases fight obesity?
kill them first, that lady first.

>dat cellulite on her thighs

mmm

>killing off third worlds faster

>oy vey all this viruses we thought we defeated will come back, here take your small pox shot for 100 bucks.

the population of the world could do with being shrunk. a massive global pandemic would be bad, but once it had run its course the world would be a better place.

if the warming is caused by human interference, i.e. greenhouse gases, then it is right that this should be the cause of the reduction of the population which caused it.

all things must balance, the pendulum swings right then left until it reaches its stationary point.
perhaps the world/nature knows the world is out of balance and is just seeking to redress the problem.

Hahahah no vaccinations. Do us a favour and kys.

I postulated the possibility of such things happening after watching the Thing

Let's start with yourself. Eat some Zyklon B you faggot.

>climate change

stopped reading there

>reads post
>check flag
tell me which part of the world is the one with the highest population again?

Luck for us that the permafrost is staying perma.

He doesn't have to he'll die as soon as he gets a paper cut anyways

Manmade climate change is not real science. It is a religion that sells indulgences to enrich and empower the criminal elite. (The Valentine's Day Surprise - PR Newswire).

this is news for you people?

the world is going to kill us,no the other way around

This. These "save the earth" faggots have it backwards, humans aren't going to destroy the earth, the earth is going to destroy us.

>be earth
>decide to shift tectonic plates around for comfort
>level Japan and California with earthquakes
>Tsunamis wash over multiple coasts
>belch lava out of mountains

Less people is better either way, but a mass pandemic would eliminate people without bias, thus killing some of our best in the process. I would prefer a calculated extermination of half the population based on merit.

First post not best post. This one is.

>never had a vaccine in my life
Congrats on the achievement. It's clearly led to you being an angry little person on the internet though.

>Climate change is melting permafrost soils that have been frozen for thousands of years, and as the soils melt they are releasing ancient viruses and bacteria that, having lain dormant, are springing back to life.

Did you even read the OP?

I think a good chunk of /pol unironically wants it all to end. Joke's on you pal.

humans are natures stewards, not its masters

This.

Because you say "climate change" and everyone takes the words literally.
What you really mean is Catastrophic Man-made Climate Change, which is absolute horseshit.

>We should do everything in our power to stop the cycle and have the earth serve us.

Pure arrogance. We are only inhabitants, not its masters. It's our home. Shouldn't we take care of it especially since we don't have another planet to live on? People should be more appreciative for what they have.

we wuz destined for the stars user, that's why i gave all money to dem space programs