James Watson, the world-famous biologist who was shunned by the scientific community after linking intelligence to race...

>James Watson, the world-famous biologist who was shunned by the scientific community after linking intelligence to race, said he is selling his Nobel Prize because he is short of money after being made a pariah.

>Mr Watson said he is auctioning the Nobel Prize medal he won in 1962 for discovering the structure of DNA, because "no-one really wants to admit I exist".

>Auctioneer Christie’s said the gold medal, the first Nobel Prize to be sold by a living recipient, could fetch as much as $3.5m (£2.23m) when it is auctioned in New York on Thursday. The reserve price is $2.5m.

>Mr Watson told the Financial Timeshe had become an “unperson” after he “was outed as believing in IQ” in 2007

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11261872/James-Watson-selling-Nobel-prize-because-no-one-wants-to-admit-I-exist.html

F

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2014/dec/09/russian-billionaire-usmanov-james-watson-nobel-prize-return-scientist
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/12/09/369690594/after-4-75-million-auction-watson-will-get-nobel-medal-back
nytimes.com/2014/12/10/nyregion/buyer-of-james-watsons-nobel-medal-will-return-it.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wasn't the left marching "for science" the other day?

t. science allowed free speech when i agree

Oh god to think hes still alive, only to suffer after presenting his findings. I guess its a good thing hes pretty old now so he wont have to see the world fall apart

A lot of invisible pressures in any field really, and a scientists most valuable currency is reputation, credibility, so political correctness plays in, you know what you ought to focus on and not.

MARCH FOR SCIENCE YOU FASCIST

SCIENCE IS DEMOCRATIC 99% BELIEVE IN CLIMATE CHANGE

>28 Nov 2014
Fagmo

What does Paul Watson think about this?

Going to spam this as a reply to all of the stupid ass memes about Bill Nyes qualifications. Pol should be chipping in to help this man instead of allowing some Obama to snatch this one up too.

I thought Francis Crick discovered DNA.

You really think Sup Forums can raise millions? Besides, after the medal sells he will have enough money for the rest of his lifespan.

"The science of feelings"

Some still care, user.

Thankfully, it got better.
theguardian.com/science/2014/dec/09/russian-billionaire-usmanov-james-watson-nobel-prize-return-scientist

>the graph is shopped over the circle

its sad how fucking obvious it is that races arent equal. literally every sign point to this. you really need to be indoctrinated to believe in equality

The mere concept of something being equal is a commie wetdream

That's a shoop by Sup Forums you fucking idiot

not likely with his penchant for cocaine and mulatto hookers

Watson was a Co-discoverer along with Crick.

You've got to admit that they're very consistent and dedicated people, those who ostracize him

You make it sound like scientists are actually retards and that academics is a popularity contest.
Political correctness is a disease holding us all back.

>2014
Is this supposed to be news?

>shunned by the scientific community
More like the media. It's not like other scientists haven't come to the exact same fucking conclusion. But if you're not a member of the cult of diversity, not even conservative media will accept you because that means you're not in favor of their jewish masters receiving free labor.

This makes me angry. Democrats push themselves as being the most scientifically progressive but they ignore clear evidence and distinctions such as this.

I mean seriously? Evolution affected every animal on earth BUT humans? We were just allowed to ignore it?

>"but we're all equal!"

Explain to my why black countries and even the natives in America could progress beyond the Stone Age despite living the easy mode areas. Fucking retards

old story and not to worry. a billionaire bought the medal and returned it to him without asking for the money back

You mean Rick & Morty's© March For Science brought to you by Minions™ featuring Bill Nye Saves The World watch on Netflix today?

>You make it sound like scientists are actually retards and that academics is a popularity contest
they are and it is

>Rick & Morty
Why do people like this unfunny piece of shit show

>le snackbar finger woman who reminds everyone we wuz scientists

they only care about science that is philosophical and political in nature and that can be backed up more by individual emotional feelings rather than actual scientific study.

This happened 3 years ago, why are you posting about it now? Also some Russian businessman bought it and gave it back since he thought it was a shame he was compelled to sell it.

I think I was, maybe poorly, just making an observation how science isn't impervious to politics, or ideology, you just kinda know that there are certain angles you shouldn't investigate if you want to have a career, then there's funding and all of that too, which plays in.

It's also just more subtle, and mostly done by omission. I also think that's the way propaganda these days is done by the big players, when it isn't just outright lies, it's what they OMIT in a story that you should look for, or think about.

God bless that ruski.

My respects to that russian hope the man get to show his finding and help us stop the science of "feelings"

Their definition of "science" is sci-fi movies.

He said that intelligence was heritable, and that genetic groups had distinct average intelligence. In other words, that intelligence has a racial component.
He was basically kicked out of the academy for that.
If you think science isn't massively subject to politics, you're out of your minds.

Some Russian oligarch bought it and gave it back. This is old news, m8.

HAHAHAH
fuck white people

>we're all equal and have the same intelligence
>-hey guys I'm the guy who discovered DNA and according to my research intelligence differs between ethnic groups
>we're all perfectly equal from birth yay praise sagan!

damn you for being correct

damn i had no idea how based this guy was! check out some of these real quotes from his wikipedia article:

>I turned against the left wing because they don't like genetics, because genetics implies that sometimes in life we fail because we have bad genes. They want all failure in life to be due to the evil system
>If you could find the gene which determines sexuality and a woman decides she doesn't want a homosexual child, well, let her
>Whenever you interview fat people, you feel bad, because you know you're not going to hire them
>People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty. I think it would be great
>Anyone sincerely interested in understanding the imbalance in the representation of men and women in science must reasonably be prepared at least to consider the extent to which nature may figure, even with the clear evidence that nurture is strongly implicated
>He says that he is “inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really”, and I know that this “hot potato” is going to be difficult to address. His hope is that everyone is equal, but he counters that “people who have to deal with black employees find this not true”

also check this out. he sold the medal for 4.1 million but then:

>The medal was subsequently returned to Watson by the purchaser, Russian tycoon Alisher Usmanov, who stated that Watson deserved the medal and that it was "unacceptable" that he should be compelled to sell it

BASED FUCKING RUSSIA!!!!!

Science is only good if it doesn't hurt the feelings of minorities.

can someone post this on reddit science boards?

White race is truly traitorous. Most of it shall die.

>Whenever you interview fat people, you feel bad, because you know you're not going to hire them
KEK

what an amazing man, and what a based russian too

He didn;t say that you mong. he said, and I quote

> there is no firm reason to anticipate that the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically separated in their evolution should prove to have evolved identically. Our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason as some universal heritage of humanity will not be enough to make it so.

He later recanted the statement and called it one of the greatest mistakes in his life. He also said being racist is one of the worst things you can be.

i was just reading about alisher usmanov on wiki and he really is based. he used to be a national uzbeki fencer and he donates philanthropy money to promote the fencing art and keep it alive. he also supports putin so i automatically like him

>Watson discovers fucking DNA and publishes later his findings about racial differences because its the fucking TRUTH

>"Well he shouldnt have done that because it wasnt politically expedient and he should of known better"

Kill yourself Torbjorn

>2014

People say a lot of things when their life is being taken from them.

Poor truth telling man, truly a righteous man, fuck jews.

he only recanted it because he was literally ostracised.

Literally fucking everyone knows intelligence is inheritable. Its not a fucking secret.

His remorse for the statement and for being racist seem to be financially and academically motivated though. He's mad he's poor and not respected. That doesn't make what he said wrong, it just means he's not getting paid for saying/thinking it, which is a real shame since it proves that we might restrict actual scientific discovery due to the political fallout that would accompany a revelation.

Can't we help this guy?

This already happened and some ruski billionaire let him keep it.
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/12/09/369690594/after-4-75-million-auction-watson-will-get-nobel-medal-back

That's one of our shoops, not a good one either.

This makes no sense, all colleges and universites have accepted what he said as fact because scores required to enter and lower for blacks and higher for asians.

The majority of black sin college and universities now would not be there if the standards they had to reach were the same as whites or asians.

It's as if genetics aren't a random lottery. This might explain why children look like their parents!

a russian guy already did

De jure, they haven't. Like has been mentioned upthread, they blame the system for "Disadvantaging" minorities to explain the score discrepancy.

Which of course is fucking bullshit because they're no such net for whites in poverty.

Old story with a happy ending. A Russian Billionaire bought the medal and personally handed it back to him. Shut SJWs and Niggers up for good.

nytimes.com/2014/12/10/nyregion/buyer-of-james-watsons-nobel-medal-will-return-it.html

Did he take the money back too?

Poor white people are fucking retards pal, just listen in on any conversation next time you're around them.

Poverty causes retards, look at the South. (They still think they won)

of course not. usmanov is worth 15 billion. 4 mil is nothing to him

James Watson on infowars when?

Yeah, but they're not skating into good colleges on retard scores like other minorities, which is my point.

CHOSEN UNDEAD

True that. If it were really about "disadvantages caused by economic disparity" they'd let trailer trash whites get those scholarships and lowered barriers of entry. But no, somehow Cletus from Bumfuck Nowhere, West Virginia is institutionally more advantaged than Jamal from Compton.

>only to suffer after presenting his findings
He didn't present anything though. There were never any experiments done, no papers published, nothing. He literally just said that Blacks are stupid and that anyone who's worked with them can attest to that. Discovering DNA doesn't turn you into an expert on everything, specially if you don't bother with running experiments.

Should I start him a gofundme?

>poverty causes retards
wew lad

Exact wrong thread for that fable.

>Blacks are stupid and that anyone who's worked with them can attest to that
>Needs experiment

I don't fucking understand this. I thought one of basic ideas of liberalism was to separate the person from their background and personal beliefs and to treat them on what they gave to society. This man's DNA discovery changed medicine forever, yet he's being shunned because he conducted research and came up with results that made people uncomfortable whether or not the results are correct. This is fucked up. This is literal thought policing.

science is whatever liberals like. hate speech is everything else.

Not condoning the situation, Nigel, it's just a reality.
And one worth keeping in mind, it's very often that people bring up a study or something in an argument, and then that's supposed to be it, the final word has been delivered, a study has occurred, and its scientific no less!

In an interview with some "scientist" here in Norway, who had a lot of studies done on trans-people, when she debated "regular people", they really couldn't argument back because people almost have this religious deference to science, and just assume that if there are studies, and experiments, then thats the final word. (which of course on closer inspection falls apart, but most never bother to do that)

>Mr Watson said he is auctioning the Nobel Prize medal he won in 1962 for discovering the structure of DNA, because "no-one really wants to admit I exist".
My almonds just went into overdrive on this one

It's the current Family Guy

so in a few years it will be cool to hate it

He already sold it for 4 mil and got it back from the Russian who bought it. This was back in 2014.

>Poor white people are fucking retards pal
The ones that stay poor usually are. Yet they're still more intelligent and more civilized than blacks rich or poor. Hmmmmmm.....

As a city person, I say get the fuck over your urbanite bigotry against "rednecks". We are the human trash, not them.

>lithuanian education

>despite living the easy mode areas

Answered you own question there. We evolved because we had to deal with the frozen shithole known as Europe. Unbunto stayed the same because there were plenty of bananas and sunshine in his land.

Because it says pretentious things that sound complex but are very easy to understand, so it makes dumb people feel smart. Basically they masturbate to it.
Same goes for Bojack Horseman and all those sorts of shows.
I wish actual science was being done more often. What ever happened to studying eugenic vs dysgenic traits and considering solutions?
We need more men like this. We should help him, not this Kosher shitshow that is the Nobels nowadays.

Idk trailer trash is just as bad desu. At least in my experience.

Dropping red pills is expensive for your wealth

Look, after this Brexit thing I hoped I would never have to talk or be replied to by a brit, perhaps you could refrain from doing so.

Based ruskibro

I always say this.
People talk about the blacks and others so often they forget it's much more important to retain the quality of and improve our own race. If I had sudden power over the world I would first solve the white problem before any others.

Understanding the differences, is key to fight & do Social Engineering when it comes to Race.

>hurt durr science is okay if leftist faggots are okay with the findings

Sup Forums is not for niggers like you. Don't come here anymore.

>Wasn't the left marching "for science" the other day?
You are correct. Read the damn date of this article

>6:15PM GMT 28 Nov 2014

OP is a shithead.

this is fucking sad. Really sad.

Discovering structure of DNA =/= knows about the contents and it's effects.

Watson's controversial opinions on African intelligent are only so because he refuses to believe in evidence shown otherwise.

Rednecks literally act just like niggers

I've known a lot of AZ trailer trash, they're low-tier but hardly as low as blacks. Just poor folks with bad habits.

You obviously have not lived around many blacks.

I came from complete trash and still heaved myself out of it and became fairly successful and high quality. I'm fairly good looking and intelligent despite being abandoned and actively fucked over by all government institutions, having too shit of a life to do well in school, and looked down upon by all races including my own. Most poor whites are poor for a reason, they just should get a little help, they don't know that's not what life is supposed to be like.

Family Guy has been pretty okay for the last few years.

Can you please present the evidence that shows otherwise I don't want to be racist but the more I look into this topic the more cognitive dissonance I get

It might be one of the few things Sup Forums is legitimately right about