Agree?

Never see Canada like "happy 4th of July!"

I can't wait for the Day of the Blizzard when ICE will fall across the land and remove the tacos from our land.

I feel like people use any excuse they can to get fucked up and eat shit food

Don't remember seeing you heroes retaking Constantinople in remembrance of ANZAC Day.
Of course, I was maggoted on ANZAC Day and don't remember fuck all. Job done!

Does Mexico even care about it?

>I can't wait for the Day of the Blizzard

Cinco de mayo is a celebration of the Mexican victory against the French invasion. had the invasion succeeded America would have had an expansionist and belligerent southern neighbor with European money and tech. It makes a bunch of sense why Americans would rather have Mexico as a neighbor than an aggressive colonial French empire

>tfw when canada doesn't have an independence day

LEAVES BTFO TOP KEK

>Implying the US should fear the frogs

This. OP is, as always, pic fuckin' related

Why such a bad thing?

We would've traded rifles and artillery in ww1 to france for mexico and they would be as white as texans by now.

May 5th is not independence day for Mexico. It's a celebration of a victory over France.

>Implying that having the French expand southward and kill all the spics they can see is bad

not really, mostly its just Puebla that cares in Mexico.

shoulda took over mexico in the 1840s

It had nothing to do with that, it was a Habsburg monarch that the French imposed into Mexico
He seemed to have been a decent guy tho

France was our ally

I don't give a flipping fuck about any holidays.

then why do you celebrate St Patrick's Day?

Plastic Paddy

I don't I actually volunteered to work the night shift this year

And that's a Catholic holiday not a political one you retard

Cinco de Mayo feels like it just sorta became a holiday in the past 10 years or so.

Never heard of it growing up.

Cinco de mayo isnt mexican indepedence day. Its just a battle won against invading france.

Yeah I love bordering an impoverished shothole known primarily for its crime. God forbid we had intelligent, well educated, and civilized people living south of us.

What does cinco de mayo have to do with being a Mexican citizen today?

They dont even celebrate it in Mexico. Its literally a super minor celebration about beating the french.

Its basically an American Holiday anyway.

holy fuck frogs got btfo'd

Why not? we celebrate thanksgiving over here now.

Most of mexico it's inside the US, that's why you end up celebrating today.

About as much as Irish care about St. patrick's day.
>oh boy an excuse to get drunk

heh, that's pretty interesting, but americans don't make up a majority of canadas population

>cultural appropriation
I've been shamed enough to know I'm not allowed to celebrate anything Mexico related.

Kek

Not really, only thing is that I never knew why they celebrate it.

calling it now, MLK Jr. Day will be a drinking holiday by 2050

Thanks giving is the best though. No bullshit, just eat with your family.

It was already a tradition but made official during the civil war.

Its the best.

Because fuck off out continent French scum. The french are up in Montreal and they're terrible.

It's all about Grupo Modelo here

wow, once a year we get taco friday instead of taco tuesday, call the fake news outlets

>losing a battle against fucking mexico

lmfao

No one cares about 5 de mayo here, no one cares about anything, no one gets offended by anything, kill me...

Since when did we do Thanksgiving?

French have been strong allies of America, why all the hate?

>I just want to feel alive

kek Paco, you made me chortle.

kek'd

Yeah, I made that up.

literally hardly anything to celebrate considering it's the only victory they had against the french. it turned into a 'holiday' for celebrating mexican ancestry here. you probably shouldn't unless you're a mexican-american or a neoliberal.

It's interesting how holidays transfer to other countries though. Japan has started to celebrate Halloween in recent years. Christmas is also a semi-recent addition over there, but of course for them it's more secularized. They've also thrown in the odd tradition of eating KFC for Christmas.

How "americans" celebrate 5 de mayo(left)
How mexicans celebrate it (right)

Halloween is seeping even in Non-Celtic countries in Europe thanks to Hollywood. Slowly, but definitely.
Fuck I hope MLK Day isn't a holiday anymore by 2050. Give us back Washington and Lincoln's birthday instead of "Presidents Day"