Working as an investment banker this summer, AMA

working as an investment banker this summer, AMA

You mean you're interning at a bank as a mail boy this summer?

LOL to the idiot who lets you invest actual money for the summer.

Interning at an IB doesn't make you an IB'er.

Congrats though.

But why though?

that's not what bankers do

My brother did this for a very major jewish bank.

AMA if you want advice or tips for the summer

fair enough

$

>working as an investment banker this summer, AMA

How much jew cock did you suck to get this job?

Have they been molesting you since you were a little boy and this is your reward?

Are you a jew?

Was OP talking to himself? Is that what (((they))) teach you in bank college?

raised catholic believe it or not

how did you get into said position?

through hard work? or through contacts/luck??

no contacts going in, father is a small biz owner (electrician), took lots of legwork to break in

Goodstuff user, well done.

I hope I can get foot in door same way,

all the best, hope you enjoy, will be an experience to savour no matter what happens

Working as an unpaid intern in Britain as a chemist. Not really sure what I'll be doing, got the "job" thanks to my Dad's connections and I honestly don't give a fuck about chemistry. I am very depressed.

it's hard, especially if you're not from one of a handful of unis, but put yourself out there and learn all you can given what you're given, and you'll get there

Theoretical physics research, with a conservative professor. This is a god-sent after being surrounded with narcissistic neo-marxist liberal faggots all semester.

just hustle at networking with whatever industry you do like

How much are you getting paid?

I have a theoretical degree in physics too

What have you been studying? I've recently been exploring the realm by reading some Brian Greene.

Dow Chemical.

Process Intern working in the Process Safety Management department.

Doing work of vastly overpaid parasitic class directly responsible for economic collapse due to internalized self destructive materialism, paid in (((experience).

first year analysts make $85k pre bonus, summers paid the same weekly $

Do the math for me, asshole. You're the bigshot banker, after all.

go to uni for biz/fin, good books are liars poker, barbarians at the gate, and random walk down wall street

awesome, a few of my chem friends went there in technical roles, great place to be

>interns
>paid

My sides

Thanks user. I am mainly am looking forward to the experience I will be gaining in the months to come. I will be stationed at a polyethylene plant in Freeport, TX. It's technically a co-op (basically a two-term internship). Have you heard anything else?

BB, mid market or boutique?

government perverted the incentive structure in the first place by subsidizing mortgage debt for poor ppl in the 90s

I'm studying an engineering degree at the moment but boy does it suck dick, I'd rather study economics. Should I that OP?

Describe in concrete and explicitly defined terms how to network

Thank you

econ can be applied to any business function, which has a much higher variability in salary. Eng is great because of high demand, good job security, and stable salary. But if you hate it, econ or general business is very flexible

Undergraduate chemical engineer here. Please stick to engineering, it might be unpleasant but it will pay off in the long run. If you truly desire to study economics you 'ought to look into business orientated technical electives in your upper division classes. Engineers play a vital role in economics and we are able to provide perspectives that economists are incompetent of perceiving.

1. Make a list of companies you want to work for and in which job function
2. Go on LinkedIn and find people that work there and do that function
3. Email or linkedin message them, ask for an informational interview over the phone to hear more about them and their career path. make sure you can talk about yourself when they ask.
4. Keep in touch, tell them when you apply to their job/internship/whatever

idk man. Those subjects bore me. Was your theoretical degree not worth your time or something?

damn I totally missed the joke, I am pretty drunk

fug

Guessing boutique since you didn't reply. The only mergers you'll be working on is when Sam's deli buys a liquor store downtown.