Atheism

How old were you when you grew out of atheism?

multiple dreams with "God loves you" as a general message

Weird how some of these dreams are vivid as day

that's a strange age

16, im not actually religious i just respect the idea of an institution. only problem is 90% of christian denominations are cucked

31. I watched videos on flat earth that proved the bible was right all along.

>growing out of atheism

Pic related.

22 i did too much lsd and realized its pointless without proofs and being such an edgy hardliner against god is cringe worthy as fuck. Also ive come to reapect and understand how it ties western civilization and culture together when faith is strong

>last digit decides muh internat age

When I realise when Sup Forums is a shitty board
So day 1

~17. I discovered what Deism was at that point, and realized it clicked more.

The bible is still wrong about some things... but the flat earth part is irrefutably true.

When I realized a secular atheist society isn't sustainable for the simple fact secular people barely reproduce.
While Christians are always raising big families
Also when I realized Christian values are essentials for keeping the west morally decent
The 50s we love so much happened under Christianity.
>No fag acceptance
>No tranny acceptance
>No hook up tinder culture
>No drug acceptance.
>No 365 genders
>Traditional gender roles
>No piercings
>No tattoos
>No premarital sex
>Barely any racemixing
>No movies and music glorying whores
>No movies and music glorying drugs and niggers
>High birthrates
>No moral relativism
>Things like bronies and furries would never flourish with a serious devout Christian society.

Really, you atheists are tools of the jews
The Jews knew the only thing standing in their away of spreading degeneracies was Christianity.

Through a thorough living in Buddhism, Christianity, yoga, Satanism, occultism, and nihilism, never once have I adopted the obscenely arrogant, disgustingly unintelligent, and morally bankrupt cult of atheism.

Atheism is satanism.

At around 19 I grew out of strict anti-theism.

When looked around at my corrupted childhood friends, getting drunk, doing drugs and having sex. When i looked at their broken families, constantly shifting from house to house, without order or discipline. I realised that atheism is the cause. When you abandon Christianity, you are also abandoning Western values. You are abandoning honor, marriage, monogamy, family, sobriety. In search of reason you become a hormonal beast, seeking quick pleasures instead of following your values.

My daughter was born at 24 weeks weighing 1 pound 3 oz. She lived, is healthy and is at 7 pounds 6 oz today.
Thats when I found God. Shes a miracle. I also became vehemently pro life. I was an atheist because I was closed off and emotionless but the experience changed me deeply.
I thank God on high for my daughter.

And bump

You have to be 18 to post here

christian 10- 12, athiest 12-16, agnostic 16-21, panthiest with christian sympathies from 21-present

pic very related

imma be honest i was still an atheist at 20 years old kinda embarassed

I am Something will happen that will make you realize how powerless you are.

this is now a Round Earth Skepticism Thread
Einstein showed us that the universe was flat...so how can you have a ROUND earth in a FLAT universe?? also
pic related

About 15, when I had my first lobotomy.

I had a son that was a 24 weeker as well. He is 6 now. It is a trip.

At 27 or so, when I saw repeating evidence in a continuous matter, I had already seen glimpses of it, but I did what every fedora does, decide that I had imagined it and then go claim there was no evidence with a straight face.

It's impossible to be high IQ and a strict athiest. Agnostic sure, but to be an athiest you essentially have to agree to the absurdly close-minded premise that this universe is strictly materialist and that qualia do not exist as independent phenomena.

Its a living hell. I feel like a terrible parent for not being there 24/7
I feel like I am betraying my daughter and leaving her. Thank God we were at UAB and they were prepared.
No brain bleeds, she has never coded and gained weight rapidly. I will pray for yoir sons good health

>conformist 10-12: i will uncritically follow the cult which my parents follow because their parents did the same
>wannabe nihilist 12-16: god is dead, that which is falling, deserves to be pushed :DDDDDD
>normie 16-21: when being an atheist is not cool anymore
>degenerate 21-present: hurr durr Zieg Heil! derp
fixed

Never. Belief in god is for the weak

I think you confused panthiesm with paganism Ivan. The universe acts in a way which is synonymous with god.

Became a theist after a mental breakdown

2k17. Still being brainwashed by ancient crowd control meme.

15 years old

You where never an atheist , just a fedora fag

>Beliving in a jewish fairytail.

Are you retarded?

>You where never an atheist

I was, I never believed in god back then.

Your atheist cukture is being overran by a very religioius one.
If atheism is such a great idea why is it incapable of defending itself? From an evolutionary standpoint it seems like a maladaptation that reduces fitness, like cancer or a birth defect

NO REFUNDS

About 18. But let me tell a story

>be in college, first year
>taking humanities requirement courses
>pick far east religions, should be interesting
>professor is a doctor in eastern religion
>nearly retired, has been teaching for 35 years
>first day someone asks him what religion he follows personally
>"wait until the last day, and ask me again"
>learn about all the religions in great detail, really is a great teacher and is passionate about this topic
>final day rolls around, we ask him again
>"I'm an atheist"
>mfw

I lost a little respect for him that day. What kind of madman gets a doctorate in religion but practices none of it? He travels to India/china/Japan and sees religious sites. He goes to temples all over the city to see ceremonies and events. I guess if you find it interesting then by all means, but damn he sounded like a teenager telling us that.

Religion is intellectually dishonest bullshit, all you goons just gave up atheism because the atheist community became full of trap left-wing SJW types, childless degenerates and divorced single parents.

Any time you try to argue about the existance of God people just change the definition of what God is; but it's pretty clear that the events in the bible never happened and no sane person believes in miricles and jesus.

All that being said people need some sort of cohesion in their lives, so they turn to religion, not because heaven god or jesus is real but because of a desire for community, ritual and a common moral standard with others.

You know Christians don't believe the Bible is infallible right?

Almost the same thing happened to me. My wife had twin boys at 29 weeks 4 days. I often thank God for my healthy boys. I feel that I am forever in debt to God for bringing them through. They are perfect.

Sorry, you are simply wrong. You cant tell others what they believe in an attempt to justify a misguided sense of superiority.
I had a truly religiois experience and saw a miracle and if you dont get that too bad

Irrelevant before 16
Typical fedora atheist at 16 until 21 because the tv kept telling me that being atheist was a sign of intelligence besides look at all these (((scientific))) facts
born again christian at 21 when I realized that it's retarded to believe that the reality where we live could have ever existed on its own without an intelligent being directing it, and that if we just sticked to following the teachings of the bible as the law of the land we wouldn't be in this degenerate hellhole now.

Declared as an atheist at 16.

Started doubting when I was around 22.

Declared saved at 24. Been 3 years since then. Never looked back.

When I realized being agnostic is better and I don't have to worship a jew so about 15

Real atheist's don't grow out of it unless you were just an atheist to be trendy. You just become more conservative the older you get. If you become more superstitious that means you decided to be intellectually lazy.

>Real atheist's don't grow out of it

Why not?

>bcus it's real!

Prove it?

18, when I understood that morality is relative

Nineteen. I realized Theism was an option without having to prescribe to an organized religion.

You are arguing under the assumption that religion/spirituality follows the same logical framework as science. Yes there are retards that take the bible literally. That doesn't invalidate the premise of non-materialist beliefs as a whole.

The entire basis of religion is qualia based logic rather than materialist knowledge. Qualia are subjective emotive sensations for reference. The symbols in Christianity or any other religion are used as a framework for conveying this knowledge through a spiritual awakening

Religious people are generally better human beings. Research has shown over and over american christians are the most generous people on earth and atheists are the stingiest.
When I had trouble in my life christians helped me whereas the atheist "friends" I had offered nothing vut platitudes.

see

how did god come in to being? Plus if your a christian your savior is a jew.

If you believe in a man made religion you are legit retarded. People are not nice or mean based on religious beliefs

19 or so

How did the universe or matter come into being withlut a creator? Do you believe something comes from nothing?

24 when I wrote an x86 disassembler and looked around the world and saw opcodes.

>growing out of atheism
Not old enough for dementia yet

I became atheist when I was 16 because I realized Christianity is bullshit.

But what created him so that he could create everything and who made that guy that made God?

Yet we see a clear pattern where christians are charitable and atheists are selfish, backed byevidence.
Do you reject science you find troubling to your religious beliefs? Atheists are self centered, self righteous pricls and anyone who has dealt woth them can attest to it.
Atheism is the smug religion

30+

How are things 1 year later?

Recursion exists. God is recursive.

Don't. Christcucks or any other theistcucks are unaware of their own hypocrisy

How old were you when you grew out of Christianity ?

I believe there is a higher being and i believe in evolution but i don't understand this and that religion saying they're right. I was saved at 13 but i've fallen off. That's where I am at, any input?

What makes you believe that? An old book? You believe an old book?
6, when I read the old testament

Never did, grew out of "edgy anti-theist" at 17. I don't really care what you believe, just know you'll get sudden onset acute lead poisoning if you attempt to harm me for my apostasy.

I am charitable when I am able, I try to donate to charities that mean something to me. You don't need to be Christian to be a good person

Something has rto be the original creator. Thats simple logic. We can agree something cannot come out of nothing right?
Then it follows that from that conclusion there has to be a prime mover. Its inescable no matter how you phrase the question: Every thibg requires an origin or you are arguing insanity

god always existed

Revelation 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

just hangin out forever

>When I realized a secular atheist society isn't sustainable for the simple fact secular people barely reproduce
So more for practical purposes than seeking truth then ? a useful delusion if you will.

And going off that, like we are so tiny on a greater scale. I could just go on.

That was 25 years ago and nothing has changed. The wife goes to church and I tell her to have fun.

knowledge bomb continued..

so since religion and spirituality are based on qualia rather than materialist principles, it is a logical fallacy for athiests to ask them to "prove" their beliefs in a scientific manner.

They already have proven them through their internal state. Just as science is proven by internal consistency with experimental results that we can see in the physical world, spiritual theories (AKA religion or individual belief) is proven by experimental results in the individuals qualitative mental state. A religion is valid if it produces the intended mental state in its follower, just as a scientific theory is considered valid if it produces the theorized physical results.

There is no absolute truth in the universe so just as multiple theories can explain the same materialist phenomena, multiple religions/spiritualities can explain the same qualia phenomena

Kek.

>Having an atheist phase
Kys

I just convert to whatever religion (or lack there of) the Jews tell me to believe in.
>pic related: I get this in the mail as a Christian and love it. Jesus was a Jew after all, and atheists are obviously dumb neckbeard liberal Muslims.

Research indicates otherwise. Regardless of gods existence THE is a clear and undeniable pattern of Christians giving more and being volunteering more

>"Do you see the little rift? 'Believe this, not because it is true, but because it serves a purpose.'"

No, fuck all books. What makes me say that is that I exist, and I am able to think about the universe, why is it so far fetched to imagine there is some greater elder beast space monster out there that we exist inside of. I mean, the fact that we're the universe thinking about itself proves god.

I don't believe in 2000 year old horse shit. I believe that I exist, and I think, and I am the universe thinking of itself, therefore the universe is thinking.

>Atheism is satanism.
Satanism is an element of Christianity, satan is the bad guy in the Christian story to god's good guy, atheism is the lack of belief in any supernatural deities.

Everything has a creator but who created god, or did he just pop into being for no reason other than to tell you not to jerk off

>You have to be 18 to post here
But being of sound mind is not a requirement as your post proves.

All you are saying that the religious feeling is an ethos, a way of living, but still I believe that why scientistic atheism is misguided, theism has the hardest obstacle in the fact that the world when seen head on, without narcissism, looks abandoned.

Injustice abound, the design is shoddy, it is far from any theistic vision. The problem of evil is real, and the only way to surpass it is to shut one intellect off. To unsee what the world is like.

Even the most sophisticated theisms have to face with the paradox of christianity as stated by Bonhoeffer: that the god that is close to us is the god that abandons us.

morality aside the ultimate question is if god exist. first you have to define what you mean by god? Everyone has their own definition.

Something did come from nothing if you believe in most religions definition of god.

>Literal solipsism
kill yourself

>imma be honest i was still an atheist at 20 years old kinda embarassed
And now you believe in fairy tales from the bronze age, well done you !

16 or 17.
I realised that the universe and all its intricacy could not have happened at random.

It just sounds like you are the smug one
>Christians are nicer
>research proves that are better then atheists
>atheists are mean people who only care about themselves

Didn't say I was the only thing thinking. I'm just part of all the thinking things that make up the mind of god. I'm proof that god is racist as fuck.

What if time is circular?

Whatever it isnthat made everything has to exist outside of time. Call that whatever you will but simply stating matter comes from nothing is insane.
It is impossible to manufacture anything from a void, thats an inescapable truth