STOP

think for a moment of when you were a child.
it's 1998
USA President is Clinton, in France there is Chirac while in Germany Schröder is the Chancellor. Tony Blair at 10 Downing Street, in Italy there is Prodi and in Spain Aznar. Russia is financial crisis with El'cin.
Saddam is still the President of Iraq, while Iran beats USA 2-1 at World Cup 98
Milošević is trying to stop muslims in the Ex Yugoslavia...
I'm not saying the World is simpler, but it is better. Each country cares of himself and of its neighborhood. Globalism is on the rise unfortunally, and banks are creating the EU without asking the People

STOP
Fastfoward to today
tell me what you see

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edQNjJZFdLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sup

this

i was born in the mid 80s so yeah 9/11 changed everything

the 90s were really comfy although Schröder was a fucking meme Kanzler

Better? It was that world that gave rise to this one.

1998 is essentially no different. All the power structures in place today were already established. The only thing better about 1998 was that it was slightly closer to the pre-1945 world than 2017 and therefore there was a stronger echo of that era.

not really
Bush was the president of 911
Germany was shifting to the CDU
Putin was on the rise
Globalism was actively starting, and Banks controlled indirectly real life economy
while I don't disagree on the fact that that was the beginning can you tell me what you see today

>it's 1998
Bombs nigga, tons of bombs

Don't blame everything on this magical globalism meme, it's the fault of neo-liberal economy and politics. Globalism would have happened eventually, no matter what you did, it's inevitable. Blaming Syrian migrant crisis, or any war on Globalism is idiotic. The EU as an idea was also inevitable, but the economy of it could have been different, now it's just shit

What about USSR-Afghan war, or Vietnam war or Korean.
>You know what
>I'm not saying that the 17th century B.C was simpler, but it sure as hell was better without those damn wheels, letters and smartasses

You're missing a shit ton of 20th century history in east Asia and South America if you think globalism and and obscene interventionism is just on the rise now, kiddo.

What I see today is the opposite of what everyone was saying the internet would create. They said it would build bridges between different communities and connect the world and lead to a glorious age of harmony. Instead everyone just retreated into their own little ideological bubbles of confirmation bias. Now you just have echo chambers of mutually hostile and isolated people.

I wasn't alive in 1998
inb4 not 18
yes i am

You don't admit you're underage online
>being this new

I was 20 years old. respect your elders mate

in 1998 you could go to Syria and drink and be happy.
Most factories were in their respective motherlands.
Internet was a meeting for smart people, no money involved. I guess September never ended.
Ads now literally tell you what you can see and what not, which ideas are ok and which one are not.
Junker is president of the EU commission or something like that, and the other day he said he wants French to be the official language of EU. A guy that stole money all his life, is literally shitting on the other 26 member of the EU by forcing French as the main and only language of EU...

I didn't you simpleton slav

What do you intend to infer, Italy?

Stop being a woman and state your thesis.

you old fuck

The 1990s were the apex of the Western world.
I wish we had kept things the way they were.

Boys, we need to tame globalism, re-instate national cohesion, & rebuild the Twin Towers two times bigger & brighter, then bomb the sh!t out of the Middle-East.

And tax robots so manufacturing jobs can be shared.

>1998 was that it was slightly closer to the pre-1945 world than 2017
You mean it was closer to post-1945?

Cos we actually driftin away from post-1945, yo

Things were fine until the late 00s. Something changed around that time....rapid technological advancements....social media....the recession and economic injustices....occupy and the dismantling of it.....Arab spring soon after....I don't know what catalysed the change but the changes were swift and significant.

People always cite 9/11 as a turning point but no, the western world at least was fine after that.

9/11 was the birth, and now that time period is hitting its peak. At least I hope.

It's all Bill's fault.

literally all those politicians where put into power by (((globalists))) in oder to bring back war to europe.

I don't have to worry about that.

When I was a child, this guy was President.

>the blowjob that saved the human race and made Trump president

But the birth of what? Following 9/11 the left and "sjws" began to protest the Iraq war, citing a lack of evidence of WMD and so on. Following the Arab Spring the left and sjws have flipped and are now cheering on wars regardless of evidence, with conservative people being more pacifistic.

Something twisted drastically in the late 00s imo.

Fpbp

Had the Twin Towers never been taken down, chances are the West wouldn't have meddled in the Middle-East. Thus leading to more stability. Thus potentially (far stretch) averting the "Springs".

SJWs & tech would have still happenned, but I'm sure they would have been like the hippies in the 70s; only an internal nuisance while the country as a whole remains a superpower & a healthy democracy.

Le "nothing changes" narrative.

This is possibly even worse than the fallacy of the excluded middle. Even people on the positive side of the argument; eg. the changes are good, will insist things are changing fast.

If you can look at the landslide shifts on gays and trannies alone and say "HURR DURR IT'S ALL THE SAME" then you're fucking retarded. So the change is there, the question is just if it's a good change.

For pop culture it's no different either, as your comic implies. Executives are tearing their hair out trying to compete with Netflix and videogames in a way they never had to before. There's a reason the highest grossing movie adjusted for inflation is Gone With the Wind. You can't get people into theatres in that way, to see a movie over years, even though there's a shit ton more people to view your movie.

>unironically being elderly

why?

Tbh a lot of things today look like the 80s, redux.
Look at our leaders.
The world tensions.
The music, the nostalgia.
Trump who is the most 80sesque character

Trying to explain how America used to be to young people is a lot like this movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=edQNjJZFdLU

Feasible but don't forget that the 9/11 was unrelated to the Iraq invasion. It probably would've happened anyway.

I can only dream about a society were SJWs are as ineffective as 70s hippies.

No, it's better this way. If OP had just come out and said it, you'd see nothing but BTFO nigger jew kike kys etc.

COME BACK BILL

>get home from school and every channel has some burning buildings on it
>just want to watch cartoons

I meant that if 9/11 never happenned Bush might have lacked sufficient nat'l support to go into the Middle-East.

We need to put things in perspective. 70s hippies did have some pretty large consequences on society, it's around that time that pro-gay, pro-environment, pro-minority sentiment really took off :p (Just look at how much this was featured in the MSM/movies in the 80s & 90s)

The SJWs are a heir to that tradition, except that tech has exacerbated their power and they're the new conformists. In a sense, Sup Forums and the alt-right are the true rebels of the 2010s.

>Tbh a lot of things today look like the 80s, redux.

Or the 60s for race relations. Or the 30s for political upheaval and populism. Or the 70s for regime change by the CIA. Or the 10s for financial house of cards ready to explode.

This is another problem with people who insist history is cyclical. Just because you can find similar things that happened before doesn't mean history is repeating, and it certainly isn't playing out the same on all topics, you're just choosing to stare at one topic that looks similar to a time before.

Pop culture & politics seem very 1980s.
Reagan was a populist at the time, too.
And pop culture was industrial & ubiquitous.

>Something twisted drastically in the late 00s
culmination of the commies coup de grace of pre-60's America
Marxist universities, leftist politicians, media, and social media (kikebook, twatter, and tumblr all took off during this period) all converging as one

the birth of globalism is in the 90s though

the New Left, of Clinton and Blair is the one that came up with ''multiculturalism'', mass migration and dumped the working class of the West to chase banks etc

Clinton is the one that abolished the Glass Steagal act, paving the way for financialization
Neocons were starting their writing in the early 90s

What they started building in the 90s was completed in the 2000s and it's the disaster we see now

neocons started and wrote before the 90's - bush 1 was full CIA neocon

also Reagan getting "influenced" into the neocohen camp

more like what right future looks like, what lefty future looks like
we went from battle star galactica possibility to the worst blade runner one in a decade

Fucking cancer... god I was so misled about the future!

Yeah, it all started with Bush I actually.

That was the genesis of the kike neo-con coup in the US, where republicans turned from being interested in the US, to them being interested in destruction of the Middle East for Israels interests and oil.

This guy is the genesis of the past 30 years of western decline.

>think for a moment of when you were a child.
>I'm not saying the World is simpler, but it is better.

That's because you were a child

none of the axis' are labeled in that graph.

Bullshit, I was born at the enf of the 80s so I should love the media from the aughts. But 80's and 90's media was so much better everything post 2000 can't even begin to compare.

generation z signing in
being a 2000s baby, I cannot relate my good sir.

>inb4 youngfag

globalism started when the league of nations was founded, you utter fucking moron

Good, controlled globalism =/= uncontrolled globalism (c. 1995)

Ackshually globalism started with the Punic wars

ACKTSHUALHY GLOBALISM WAS STARTED WITH THE OCCUPATION OF EUROPE BY HUMANS

all globalism is controlled you cuck

Globalism was schemed up by (((tetrapods))) during their annexation of the surface world

The idea of globalism existed but nothing came of it until Maastricht

>be child
>be 9/11
>go to school
>lessons interrupted by news about the attack
>"I don't care" just want to go to art class and draw shitty fruit
>get taken out of class and sent to the principal

I honestly didn't understand why it was a big deal and I still don't. People die all the time.

The liberals and globalists went insane and are destroying our nations

>The liberals and globalists
How are you that stupid or brainwashed by Alex Jonestien that you don't know they're the exact same thing?

Globalism = Communism = Conservatives/Liberalism/Zionism

so the Jews in France that were attacked by muslims and then fled to Israel (Zionists) were globalists and they asked for France to be flooded with muslims, their home country?

Not all Jews have a hive-mind...they are not blacks