Weekly reminder from Sup Forums: proprietary software is a weapon of the jew

Why are you niggers not using linux? and other open source software?

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/
voidlinux.eu
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
skarnet.org/software/s6/systemd.html
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
tradyouth.org/2015/12/the-marxist-subversion-of-free-software/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I'm a degenerate who plays vidya, and wine performs like shit.

im running Sup Forumsentoo as we speak :^)

daily reminder if your distro runs systemd you're just as cucked as everyone else

You should have provided alternatives with your statement.

devuan.org/
Fork of debian without systemD

voidlinux.eu
My favorite. Much like arch Linux with plenty of packaging options.

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Main resource on distributions that do not use systemD.

please pay attention in class
the schools internet is not for this type of
activity.

at this point Sup Forums is for normies......

>implying not getting paid for the software you write isn't the ultimate Jew
Fuck off fosscucks.

Well you could be getting paid for writing FOSS software, it's not against the rules.

bsd baby, osx making mad cash

>2017 Anno Domini
>not running TempleOS
dont be dumb nigger cattle

I'm not good enough with computers

>proprietary software
What do you mean, nigger?

>You should have provided alternatives with your statement.

No. What you should provide is proof you fucking faggot. There's nothing wrong with SystemD.

I've been using Mint for about a year now and I'm only just now getting into really learning how to use the command line. It's actually kind of fun and at one point I needed to make a text file with a list of every file in a specific folder and I was able to do it instantly without having to look it up. It felt good. Someday I'll join the Gentoo master race.

Believe me, I'd love to given the likelihood of all the alphabet agencies watching this board, but I'm a complete retard when it comes to computers

I tried linux a few times over the years.
its fuckin awful. unusable garbage.

Pretty based.

skarnet.org/software/s6/systemd.html
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I just started getting into Linux this year. Love it. I'm going into cyber security so gotta learn all the fun stuff you can do with Kali

>unusable garbage
I have 60+ year olds using it lad, you may just be retarded

Hi, Richard Matthew, how is it going?

Am using it but at the same time hate the fact that hardly any of my vidya is working on it.

And thanks to fags like this, I'd really want linux to be slapped on top of some other system just so that there's more of linuxii avalaible than just gnu/linux.

because the jews put backdoors into Linux. use FreeDOS, faggots.

one thing I hated about the captcha being instituted was the loss of the Sup Forums bot that would post that every time someone posted "Linux" without using "GNU/Linux" or "GNU plus Linux"

install gentoo or be a beta your whole life

Most important question: Does any of my Video Games work on it?

What if I dual boot W10 and Linux? I'm only getting half-Jewed, right?

I use Debian on my 2nd PC with important stuff and using a magnetic card to unlock it well securen, LVM encrypted

Not good enough. One does not get Jewed halfway.

If this guy is right, you're getting half-jewed on both ends and thus getting jewed fully

Fugg. Gonna have to switch to TempleOS, then.

Puppy is the best distro

There is so many things wrong with systemd i dont even know where to start

If they've been ported, yes. Otherwise, you'll have to use Wine for the ones that haven't.

>linux
>vyda

Shitty monolithic kernel with shitty security.

If you have ever used linux, you know why.

>Why are you niggers not using linux?
Because I don't have autism

>tfw you play Rocket League, CS: GO, Deus EX: MD and more on the same GNU/Linux-powered desktop you use for work

God forbid someone gets paid for their ideas and work.

Freeloading roachs will always larp about "proprietary" software.

Linux is shit. Proprietary is always better in the end.

What OS do you use, fake Portugese fag?

If I run windows in a VM do I have the proverbial Jew trapped?

Using Slackware. Praise Bob.

>not starting from the cli

Casual

>implying that every GNU/Linux dev works for free

You have isolated it as a user level privileged process, and can ensure that the NAT is configured to give it no network connection, so yes you can sandbox it quite sucessfully

KILLED HIS WIFE
I
L
L
E
D

H
I
S

W
I
F
E

What's the best distro?

Free as in freedom, not free beer

Puppy

Depends on what you use your computer for.

grow up nigger, that sentences should never be said by someone older than 25. You're not a child anymore.

Lubuntu for beginners

Debian is novice tier

Gentoo - no turning back

Games, facebooks, and games

>Games, facebooks, and games
You're lost user

If most of the other entertainment out there wasn't absolute shit these days, I would stop playing them.

>banned from Fecesbook

doesn't matter. there are backdoors in every processor being sold, and video cards too.

go ahead and larp about being secure.

more like this.

>2017
>unironically using facebook

Funny, just deletedmine 2 months ago - feels good

hardware has backdoors
so use software that has backdoors too?
wtf i love microsoft now

if you are vulnerable either way, why use a pain in the ass OS? are you a poorfag?
if there's a reasonable reason to like it then suite yourself.

What?? How do you keep contact with ur friend and family

Freedom for what? Seriously? Installing cinnamon over gnome? The freedom to fight with the kernel while installing shitty half-assed hardware drivers? The feeedom to take four hours of researching Debian.com to get your printer work?

>muh freedom!

95% of Linux home users end up using their systems to do the same exact shit as mac or windows users do.

I swear Linux users are worse than android users.

>I can root muh device... FREEDOM!
>I can customize it do make fucking toast can your ishit so that lololololol

Only to end up changing their backgrounds and widgets and nothing more.

As for all this open source shit. It's exactly that.. shit. Open Office is inferior to Office. Gimp is inferior to Photoshop. Etc etc and fucking etc.

Linux has its rightful place as a server OS and that's where it should stay. Unless your a developer or someone who's curious and wants to learn software then have at it... but for the average shitposter... it's a waste of time.

t. Former Linux user for years.

I either call or visit them in-person. Like we use to before social networks were a thing.

Redox OS, microkernel written in rust, maximum security.

>devuan.org/
thanks nigger

pretty much spot on. no fucking point in bothering with it for most people.

kys rn u fuccin faggot i sware 2 gOD i hope you fuccin die 2day u dirty no good piece of shit do the world a favor and off urself with a crowbar and a liter of bleach ur fat ass shud b gassed and maimed god dam ur mom should have swallowed u and ur fake ass onii chan hollows apollo the light model who fights drago you might wallow into depression dresser full of empty sprite bottles

Because Linux is simply BAD for any kind of personal use.

Nobody creates anything fun for Linux because software engineers do not need fun, they need money, and no Linux user is interested on paying them.

fcking disgusting

I really like thicc girls but the 3rd one from the left to the right is just too much

how do you apt-get on that shit?

I'm using SUSE

I hear Windows has built-in adware now.

>now
Oh yes Ubuntu desktop has no adware at all, like when you search for something it shows fucking Amazon offers

Unity's on the way out. Ubuntu switching to GNOME 3.

> complaining that wine sucks
posting webm of a game that runs natively on GNU/Linux.

Wine is fine, unless you want to play the latest AAA games (which sucks anyways)

I'm not that familiar with GNOME 3 because I am not GAY

The AAA titles are becoming shittier as time goes by. Great for benchmarking, but that's about it IMO.

Me neither. That's way I don't use it lol.

*why

Well, the way I see it pretty much every Linux distro could/should be replaced by Android right now.

President of NG (Not Gay) here just to say, we don't use linux. Might want to ask the Autistic Club what they use.

Bister. Bresident XDDDDDD

I still use Windows XP.

>Android

same and sheit

>Its a burger mindlessly raves and supports the idea of proprietary licensing episode

Congratulations.
*Soft clapping

Not sure if Linus' statement is real or not.
Really sounds like him xDDD, but would Fedora really advertize itself that way?

((( Richard Stallman )))

tradyouth.org/2015/12/the-marxist-subversion-of-free-software/

No thanks.

pick 1

Can we all agree that i3 is the best window manager?

just dual boot windows if you want vidya

nice try nsa, but im gonna continue to use my security-enhanced linux distro as well as an external RNG device ; )

I use Open Office and I must admit it's shit, I only do it because it's free (money not freedom) and I can't be fucked pirating something better.