ITS HAPPENING!

Scientists reverse aging in mice by repairing damaged DNA
science.sciencemag.org/content/355/6331/1312

>The researchers found that a compound known as NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), which is naturally present in every cell of our body, has a key role as a regulator in protein-to-protein interactions that control DNA repair. In an experiment, they found that treating mice with a NAD+ precursor called NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide) improved their cells’ ability to repair DNA damage.
>“The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice, after just one week of treatment,” said senior author Sinclair.
>Human trials of NMN therapy will begin within the next few months to “see if these results translate to people,” he said. A safe and effective anti-aging drug is “perhaps only three to five years away from being on the market if the trials go well.”
>The researchers say that in addition to reversing aging, the DNA-repair research has attracted the attention of NASA. The treatment could help deal with radiation damage to astronauts in its Mars mission, which could cause muscle weakness, memory loss, and other symptoms

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nm/journal/v20/n6/full/nm.3569.html
ted.com/talks/tony_wyss_coray_how_young_blood_might_help_reverse_aging_yes_really
amazon.com/NMN-β-Nicotinamide-Mononucleotide-3000-Pure/dp/B01A9XBWFO/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1494096605&sr=8-4&keywords=nicotinamide mononucleotide
bioinformatics.org/p53/introduction.html
lsresearch.thomsonreuters.com/maps/443/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Not the only research m8
>nature.com/nm/journal/v20/n6/full/nm.3569.html

Is there any catch to this?

so thats why the elites like to drink infant's blood

Way late m8. Doing some reading on what the conboys have done. Go past what they found out with parabolis

checked and keked...

digits will confirm the vast majority currently living in western civilization will live forever...

It is an uncanny valley m8.
>ted.com/talks/tony_wyss_coray_how_young_blood_might_help_reverse_aging_yes_really

There was another groundbreaking paper but I couldn't find it in my article garbage.

well now with the OP technology, we dont need young blood at all.

how exactly does one produce nicotinamide mononucleotide?
>inb4 ammonia and bleach

Solve mortality and you're still left with the second problem of the human condition - except now you can't even escape it through the first problem.

Moral question: If the socially acceptable way to prolong your life was harvesting and transfusion of the blood of specially-grown and braindead infants, would you take part in it?

I always knew smokinh cigarettes were merely a vitamin b3 delivery device. Why is nicotine in all our cells? Because it's a vitamin, once oxygenised

tough question.

i like to say no but real life allways looks different than what i make in my head now.

the answer is - i say i dont know and just escape your question.

>tfw you realize this wasn't just a meme

look forward to shitposting with you guys in the year of 2100

Yes, the real shit is extremely expensive

amazon.com/NMN-β-Nicotinamide-Mononucleotide-3000-Pure/dp/B01A9XBWFO/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1494096605&sr=8-4&keywords=nicotinamide mononucleotide

>nicotinamide
>nicotine
>amide
ANTI SMOKING ROB REINER NAZI NAG CLOSET FAG ZIONISTS BTFO

We are not the ones who will be getting this

Sure

If they're grown and braindead, they're not human
it is when they have a self aware human consciousness, that is when it become immoral

Nothing itself will solve it. At the very least telomere problem will end it. If not, yellow marrow will end it at some point.
This is excluding severe dementia at the 80+ ages.

Like insulin.

>Come on you apes. Do you want to live forever?

you become gay

Amide means in water i believe. Or. In fat. Probably water. Nicotine is a vitamin. When the cells do their oxygen stuff. They need cigarettes the wonder vegetable to function properly

Heteros already caused all deaths and sins with their serpent seed fall of mankind sex

yes we will
we live in capitalism, a realm where profit stands above all
the businesses that will develop this will make far, far more money buy increasing the people they can sell it to
why have it cost 100k, and wind up having only a few million use it once a lifetime, when you can have it for 1-5k and have billions of people use it once a decade
they'd make far, far more money, and look like saints doing it, which increases their profits on all other fronts

also another form recently given similar press; Nicotinamide Riboside has a plateauing behaviour in that after I think two weeks of use it loses its initial effect sort of your body adapts to its presence and a limiting factor takes over so it was shown to be useless after a couple of weeks even with potentiators like resveratrol or pterostilbene.

Whether after a period of non use you can resume for another two weeks so kind of cycle its use I have not yet seen.

Great now we can dna repair our debt

We will but we will be 20 years behind

>thinks this shits legit
>meanwhile they can't even cure balding

sure boyo

No.

Get ready for 1000 years of Soros

Keep smoking. It has given you guys less lung cancer compared to us. Having type O blood helps too because it cannot get high cholesterol. Lung cells regenerate themselves every three weeks. Black lung is only for coal miners. Plants and birds love tobacco. Weed is in breastmilk. These are all, new, sciences. And cures for lung cancer. Are grown on? Tobacco leaves.

Lola and Claire???
Mindblown

screencap me

great, now Soros can live forever

Having some diabetic problems? Gib nicotine bls

How much monies I need to live forever?

muh...consiracy...old blood cults are right...it is the fountain of youth

Want to have a healthy birth or baby? Check the weed levels and use a bit of nicotine to prevent preeclampsia. They steal smokers' lungs for transplants all the time

Where do you get blood from nicotinamide?

Question

How exactly does repairing damaged DNA reverse aging? Is this referenced to telomeres because it doesn't mention that at all.

Muh oxygenation or something something

That's just wonderful, now the Rothshilds will live for 500 years.

Who fucking cares? Do you faggots really think the global elite would ever allow this technology into the hands of a normal person? Lmao, the world is literally dying around us and as a society all we can think about is living forever. Fuck this planet and fuck anyone who thinks that living forever would be a good thing.

iKek'd.

iChecked.

bioinformatics.org/p53/introduction.html

the positive thing on the other hand is that all the experience of these people will not be lost.

Only if they were brain dead, having been failed abortions or something like that. You know, babies that were born with severe degenerative issues that made living morally abhorrent, to the point that to force them to live on would be for force them to suffer in this existence for a lifetime

Kill boomers, keep Millennial and Gen X's alive.

Because that's how people age and cells age. Cells die and regenerate by copying themselves; over time they make shittier copies of themselves and all those shit-copies of cells add up to make up an old person

this is a very basic rudimentary explanation of it so someone please correct me if I'm wrong

we're still stuck on a planet with finite resources and growing population

how does making people live longer solve anything unless you screen for "desirables" who would receive the treatment?

Just as I thought, this is simply repairing or regulating DNA to prevent cancer.

This has nothing to do with reversing aging because it doesn't account for G0 cells

But what about over-population?

>we live in a world capitalism
HA
No you don't, you live in a world of massive regulations and expensive red tape. If it werent for the fucking red tape, medical research would be much better than it is now, and nuclear research wouldn't have stopped completely, as it had thanks to the regulations introduced by the commie 'green party' faggots.

If you think about it, we'd probably have safer reactors by now, which would run on molten sodium, which would never overload and explode.

Such a perfect time to be involved in this field.

>tfw I'm getting my masters in bioscience in a couple of years

Fucking idiots in this thread at least read the fucking article.

This doesn't cure death from old age and they don't claim it does.

probably a million or two. If you're already there then congrats, you're probably going to afford it in a few decades down the line... so long as the economy doesn't crash and you lose your liquid assets

Imagine a generation led by people like Elon Musk where we live for a few hundred years? We can colonize the entire Solar System with the humans alive now. Just being able to work productively for decades longer will have tremendous effects on individual capabilities.

Have they found a cure for manletism yet?

>All these normies responding with a "No"
Good, eternity won't end up getting cluttered with rejects who go against their own self-preservation

No but we're steadily getting there

>tfw when million dollar inheritance.

as a biochem graduate student, this is absolute bullshit. Doesnt address telomere shortening or other symptoms of aging, just DNA repair mechanisms being more efficient, which they already are. DNA damage is not really the only thing that causes "aging"

I suggest investing 3% of it in stocks and live off the interest, if you feel that you can trust the banks

This is exactly what I was thinking. Fucking someone take one for the team and do something about this faggot.

Alright might as well get into it.

The reason by people age is due to flaws in DNA replication, You're not wrong in your explanation but you're also not right.

DNA replicates by seperating the two strands from their hydrogen bonds and then goes the same direction in both strands.

The leading strand can simply have new nucleotides attached and replicates flawless (not statistical errors) the lagging strand is the problem. It must attack enzymes to catalyze the nucleotide interaction. However the enzymes cannot attach on the end of DNA which causes the ends of the DNA to no be replicated.

This is the purpose of telomeres, it's nonsense DNA that can be lost without consequences but eventually they run out and you start losing real information.

>living forever as a burger

*phew*

oh fuck

>immortal jews
>through epigenetics claim they're still traumatized from the holocaust
>"muh holocaust" forever
>FOREVER

I dont get it until 35. It is a condition of the will. Father is still kicking(thankfully) aswell.

We just need to strong hand use CRISPR to make all niggers, arabs, and latinos infertile then use anti-aging drugs.

The universe will be our oyster.

This will be regulated and priced out of existence to ensure only the true elite can use it. The rest will be kept without it to ensure a perpetual renewing cycle of bitter people who grow up to resent the elite to die off to start fresh with the new born poor souls who are clueless of it all.

An amide is a carboxylic acid derivative with the hydroxy group replaced with an amine/ammonia. An aqueous solution is what you're thinking of.

I forget the study or where I found it, but apparently there is evidence showing that people having less kids is changing because we all live so long, comparatively to what it used to be so we aren't having less kids because we are lazy, but we just have them later in life because our life expectancy is so ridiculous, and with this there people will probably (based on trends) have children way later, especially if everyone is always in their "prime" and can have kids only when they want to, and even now the population is sustainable, unless you are China. But fuck commies anyhow.

Yup.
It's going to be just like that movie Elysium.

Read "The ones who walk away from omelas" for a more vivid picture.

Amide just means it contains an amide functional group. Nothing to do with water.

Nah repairing DNA reverses the aging effect of free radicals that find their way into the nucleus, you know hydrogen peroxide (not a radical but whatever), superoxide, hydroxyls, etc. They react with basically everything and shred DNA like a knife through butter. Telemeres shorten as you age and prevent useful DNA being snipped off the end as you cell replicates but after the hayflick limit your still stuffed.

Tl;Dr No.

as a genetics grad student, you're full of shit

ya it doesn't address those things but it will reduce the damage of aging by a lot, of course it's not a fountain of youth but it's better than NOT doing it

Yep. Will be great for people frequently subjected to radiation.

>“The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice, after just one week of treatment,” said senior author Sinclair.

This

Nicotinamide has the pyrole group from nicotine replaced with an amide

>this is simply
Come on burgerclap.

This is how a generic molecular pathway looks.
lsresearch.thomsonreuters.com/maps/443/
Nothing is simple regarding life.

Might do a bio engineering degree after I'm done with my econ degree...

sure, they were going to become garbage and useless drones anyways, no harm done

So it would be the cure for all cancers if it works, right?

Not an expert but there must be several components to it.

>cells gets worse after time (dividing)
>time component - women naturally become infertile at a certain age
>...

Well, it's already been 75 years and it seems like they've been milking it forever

the damage caused by aging is not the main cause of aging, it's the main cause of cancer. you may know genetics but you dont know shit about molecular mechanism pathways if you think that simply repairing mismatched bases or oxidation damage will fix some of the more macroscopic effects of aging. if this was done with telomerase treatment id be way more excited, but for them to claim that in 3-5 years an anti-aging pill will be available is absolute garbage.

Maybe it's just to try to copy the brain to a computer. Although that also seems impossible in practice tbqh.

this is only one mechanism of aging

Basically this

I'm a chemical engineering grad student but I've had to take a lot of bio chem classes.

If you have damaged DNA the cell will not function properly and you either get cancer or the cell dies.

>thinking they'll ever allow lowly non-elite plebs do such a procedure

Or you gain superhuman powers
I've seen the movies

Cellular reprogramming turns back the aging clock in mice
>>Salk Institute scientists have extended the average lifespan of live mice by 30 percent, according to a study published December 15 in Cell. They did that by rolling back the “aging clock” to younger years, using cellular reprogramming.

sensible kek

I also want to add that methylation is a problem and is one of the causes of aging.

But once again it's more of a statistical factor rather than a inevitable factor

He said catch you fucking moron

>but apparently there is evidence showing that people having less kids is changing because we all live so long

>country's people gain high standards from success
>3rd worlders want the success and benefits from living in such a country
>country takes them for their cheap labor since they have low standards
>3rd worlders start mass reproducing because their lack of standards doesn't stop them from doing so, regardless of their lack of wealth
>country becomes addicted to their cheap labor and because they are able to lower the average wage because there now is more competition among the workers for jobs
>original citizens with higher standards slowly decline from having as much, or not any, children, because they are now paying for more social programs for the 3rd worlders and are losing wealth themselves, but not their standards
>the government declines to serve the original citizens who have been there for hundreds of years, or more, in favor of the new 3rd worlders
>country needs justification in bringing in more 3rd worlders to replace the original citizens as the original citizens still overwhelmingly outnumber the 3rd worlders
>as the government is able to rely more on the 3rd worlders votes, they require less justification to bring them in and can openly say that the originals can be replaced and not be called out for it, at least majorly
>as the numbers of 3rd worlders continue to rise and the original citizens start to notice that they WILL actually be replaced, the government will go back to justifying the replacement (genocide/refugees/war/etc.)
>competing countries help fund initiatives that "promote human rights for marginalized people" because they are unable to gain any power through normal military means
>(most of western society is here)

> seems impossible
Of course it's impossible. All the hard drives on planet earth combined couldn't hold the data, memories, and informs m information stored in the brain of an adolescent. It's pure science fiction

Are you retarded? If they reverse aging, we would immediately solve the white demographics problem and we would be forced to close the border because of the massive population boom that would result from people not dying.