Not a slide

Not a slide.
Why does Bush get such a terrible rep?
Gets dealt bad hand, brings nationalism to the highest it's been since WW2. If he didn't rally behind America as much as he did, where would we be now?

because those that bitch the loudest do not like the one R after his name despite supporting 90% of the same things as cliton and obama

He ushered in this modern era of anti-privacy legislation. His administration oversaw the legal elimination of the fourth and sixth amendments. Under Bush, Americans' reputations reached an all-time low. He signed bailouts for wall street banks. He signed the PATRIOT ACT.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: it's normal for you young conservatives to feel the urge to retroactively redeem George W. Bush because he was a Republican before it was cool. But he was a bad, bad president and though I think the US was heading in this direction anyway, he certainly facilitated it.

My post: why was he bad. Explain.

If you're saying he was a terrible president because of anti privacy, you must think Obama was also terrible. Bush is one of the worst rates presidents in modern history and I don't fully understand why, given the situation.

We should have never been in Iraq. Bush said there were weapons of mass destruction and there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.

Let's go to war and cut taxes while we are at it too. No need for national unity and asking people to pitch in, just go shopping and buy token gold ribbons to put on your car.

Fuck it, they should've went after Saudi Arabia, and tried to compromise with environmentalists to drill here and get oil from elsewhere while investing in other energy forms.

But no, we sink trillions into Iraq. Foreign policy can make or break a president. That isn't even including his handling of Katrina, neoliberal policies, and staunch support of globalism.

He did help Africa with AIDS, so I guess he did something right.

Fuck off neo-Trotskyist commie

he did 9/11

He was controlled by the elite but the elite wanted conservatives to look like shit

George W Bush Jr will be the second to hang on the day of the rope

>Why does Bush get such a terrible rep?
Because he went up against the strongest propaganda machine on earth and lost terribly
He didn't ever concede but he didn't have to
8 solid years of anti-bush propaganda back when the majority of people still believed the news told the truth and the left controlled pretty much all news therefore he had 0 chance.
I guarantee you that even you still believe shit the MSM said about him that isn't true.
It took me years to erradicate the disgusting amount if bias and liberal brainwash I was fed, even though I always knew they were lying the stigma still stuck

>His administration oversaw the legal elimination of the fourth and sixth amendments
Congress and the Senate ran the country for 8 years, the only thing his administration had any control over was Intel gathering and Homeland security

>explain

He facilitated the passage of the PATRIOT ACT. He signed it into law. He facilitated the invasion of Iraq (though that was the official policy of the US since 1998 under Clinton). He facilitated the "War on Terror," which led directly to the growth of al Qaeda and ISIS. He facilitated warrantless wiretapping. He facilitated and signed the legislation that bailed out Wall St.

All of these are things that are bad which he facilitated.

>you must think Obama was also terrible

Correct. Obama was terrible for many of the same reasons as Bush. That there is such little discrepancy between what liberals say was bad about Bush and good about Obama, and vice versa with the conservatives, tells us how fucking party-loyal Americans in general tend to be. And that's the mentality that allows shitty presidents to be elected to two terms.

>bush said there were weapons and there were none

True, but it was the official policy of the US to seek regime change in Iraq since 1998. That Bush made it happen through lies is only partly his fault.

>tax cuts are bad

For a country that routinely spends over half a TRILLION dollars on its military, maybe making the government tighten it's belt is a good thing.

>inept gov't effectively allows 9/11 to happen
>still in afghanistan to this day
>for some reason invades iraq
>still in iraq to this day
>dems take congress in 2006
>literal nigger takes white house in 2008
Come on, guy.

>Bush said there were weapons of mass destruction
No he didn't
MI6 did
MI6 showed bush and his cabinet evidence that there were WMD's there
We did not have any Intel there ever since the cluster fuck that was Deserve Strk ended therefore we relied on the bongs for Intel
Also the WMD's that weren't destroyed by Saddam on national television were sent to Syria, Iran, and the SA
Literally all the Sarin gas and white phosphorus that the terrorists in Syria have used have been the remnants of what Saddam sent to Syria

>For a country that routinely spends over half a TRILLION dollars on its military, maybe making the government tighten it's belt is a good thing.

If you're not going to cut spending, you can't cut taxes at the same time, especially when you're dumping trillions of dollars overseas.

>He facilitated the passage of the PATRIOT ACT. He signed it into law. He facilitated the invasion of Iraq (though that was the official policy of the US since 1998 under Clinton). He facilitated the "War on Terror," which led directly to the growth of al Qaeda and ISIS. He facilitated warrantless wiretapping. He facilitated and signed the legislation that bailed out Wall St.
Literally all of those things passed almost unanimously in both the Senate and house, his signing them meant fuckall
Get fucked leaf you're ignorant as shit on our politics so you might as well not talk at all

Why do people pretend like Bush wasn't a total shithead? He started 2 wars for Israel that had nothing to do with 9/11 and continued to suck Saudi Arabia's toes. The wars he put in motion led directly to the immigration invasion and he set the framework for the stripping of privacy and freedom that we're experiencing today. Bush is a traitor and we will find a nice branch to dangle him from.

father was former CIA head, prominent leader of NWO
false flagged attack on US soil to start a war for Zionist interests
Destroyed privacy in US
Talked tough on immigration but pushed for globalist policies

maybe they don't like him because he fucking sucked

No kidding. I agree.

You ever heard of veto power, bud? He was the "captain" of the post-9/11 panic. He never once offered thoughtful criticism of what direction the country was going. He never questioned handing over habeus corpus and reasonable privacy over to the FBI and the CIA and Homeland Security, in exchange for some perception of safety from the terrorists. He never offered any sort of thoughtfulness on anything, really. That he had stupid and short-sighted congress is not unimportant, but in no way relieves him of his sworn duty to uphold the constitution, an endeavor in which he undoubtedly failed spectacularly.

Where was the CIA, arguably much better than MI6 at intelligence, to verify this? Let's just take their word on it, have our Secretary of State use it at the UN as their main argument to invade, and then blame the British.

Who gives a fuck about the chemical weapons if he doesn't sponsor terrorism. I'd love for Assad to gas all of those terrorists. A secular dictator would be a far better ally than a theocratic one who funds people crashing airplanes into our buildings.

Except he and his administration had a large role to play in crafting that legislation.

he was great what are you talking about!
true american hero

His father was a main proponent in kennedy assination(they actually detained him for questioning) and was reward with a director spot and President cAbinet dont even get me started on majestic and trilateral committee's. Bush jr was never calling any shots as his vp was the higher rank in ((their)) cult. 9/11 and the patriot act destroyed the nation i so love whilst he not only let theae things happen but was complicit. Do you need any other reasons, his mother was his grandfather. I kid i kid. Seriously this family is a virus to freedom.

From your mouth to ADONAI's ear, may justice be served.

If he would have left Clinton policies in tact the debt would have been paid by 2012. Instead he gave his buddies tax breaks and wars that contributed to the financial collapse.

>Americans' reputations reached an all-time low
Reminder that true Americans don't care about their reputation in the rest of the world, and that is what makes them so great

T. CIA
The best thing Trump ever did was troll Jeb! about what a complete clusterfuck the Iraq war was and imbly that Junior was a failed Carlyle Group Saudifag who let 9/11 happen on his watch.
And now President Flipflop is off to hold hands with Prince Dopey and suck that Jew cock gud.
Democracy is the game where you lie to get elected and then reap those sweet petrodollars so we can all get pozzed by (((Bankers)))