Do you think the current educational model is sustainable?

It seems inefficient in many places, and in America it seems too expensive to maintain in its current state. If it's not, what do you think will replace it?

Nepotism > meritocracy

Diodes connected to your brain that makes sure you have lots of folds and healthy receptors, then they'll fill you up with information without a need to study.
Don't worry though, it will of course only be approved knowledge to further the human race. Do not worry goy, it can't go wrong.

>what do you think will replace it?
racially segregated school systems

I would let her sustain me, if you know what I mean.

tf is wrong with her leg

Is it cheaper than giving teachers and administrators outright welfare though?

You could replace 90% of teachers with a computer and a projector.

>make trade schools socially acceptable
>make teachers get a Master's degree minimum
>give grants to programs that churn out useful people like STEM
>get rid of AA

Bam, fixed. Approx 45% Americans have an Associate's degree or more, that number should be down to 10-15%. At that point you could afford free college for anybody who gets in.

How exactly does Finland's education system work again? IIRC it's one of the few that's interesting and seems to work.

>that caramel princess

literally the only reason i come here

Go away nigger

>Ditch public schools all together.
>Schools become for middle class/rich kids.
>Stress academics over sports.
>No more Child Left Behind act.
>Teachers now need to be good, like, TV show/Movie Teacher good. Must have a Masters/Doctorate for all levels of teaching.
>Get rid of Common Core.
>Stop wasting time and money in forcing college kids to take 50 GEN ED bullshit courses and only offer classes that pertain to their degree and furthering their education in that field.
>Bring back trade schools. Stop forcing every kid to go to college, which in turn, stops making Associates/Bachelor degrees meaningless.
>Uniforms, structure, respect, etc, at all levels of academia.

I'm sure I could think of a ton more.

it's being replaced by nepotism as notes. Odds are that universities will still exist to enslave people with debt. For the lucky few, they will be selected after accumulating their debt to partake in training programs. Essentially, everything stays the same.

Education is clearly centered torwards women, make it focus on men, especially ones that show potential

>mandatory education until 16 which is 9 grades in primary school after which you get to decide whether to drop out, attend trade school or upper primary school (closest comparable is high school)
>after trade school or upper primary you can either work or attend another school if you can get in, you can pick between a polytechnic (trade school or upper primary) and university (mostly for those who've passed upper primary)
>entry exams are a bitch and competition for the most popular fields (medicine, law, prestigious business school) is tough, only a few percent of the applicants get in and most repeat the exams twice or thrice or even more until they get in

Our education system is far from perfect though, people tend to waste years before actually deciding what to do with their lives. When folks are getting their BAs in their 23s or Master's in their 25s in US, some people are just starting university here which saps a lot away from the general productivity. We do have high quality teachers and education, but it's been going a bit downhill because of the budget cuts. Easy to find employment worldwide because Finnish degrees have a meme status.

but an illiterate lower class is a recipe for disaster

>Ditch public schools all together.

Public schools exist to keep the literal army of dangerous disaffected teens busy for 8 hours every day so you and I can go to work instead of having to stand guard duty on our front porch. You need free public 'schools'.
>Teachers now need to be good, like, TV show/Movie Teacher good. Must have a Masters/Doctorate for all levels of teaching.

You can't get god tier teachers for shit tier pay. Why would anyone spend 200k+ on a doctorate to earn 30k/yr? No one wants their taxes raised for any reason, especially not to hire better teachers for other people's kids.

Other than those your plan isn't half bad

Is that a teacher?

I don't mind looking good at your job but seriously you're a teacher surrounded by honry kids, its so fucking obvious when you come dressed up like that what you're after, or that you're just trying to get a rise to make yourself feel better.

If you want to dress more similarly to that you should have gotten an office job. Then you could wear all the smart dresses, pencil skirts and heels you could want and get lauded for it.

It will fail, and I for one can't wait for that day to arrive.

We need to strip basic public schooling to 5 years, from ages 5-10, where we teach 5 Subjects: Primary Language (Reading, Writing, and Speaking), Mathematics (Geometry and calculus), Economics (Political theory as well as Budgeting), Logic (includes Scientific method and critical thinking) , and Computer Use (How to type, use google, etc)

After that, have Trade-schools where 11-15yo can learn a trade and online University if you wish.

Anything else you need to learn can be learned via web-searches or privately-paid for courses.

*Everything slaves the same

Her feet look literally delicious

>Public schools exist to keep the literal army of dangerous disaffected teens busy for 8 hours every day so you and I can go to work instead of having to stand guard duty on our front porch. You need free public 'schools'.

How's that working out? I see kids roaming the malls in school hours, playing hooky, and being either sluts or goons.

We're better off getting them to work.

I normally prefer white, but I agree, she's "chain up in basement"-tier.

Yeah fuck alcoholics anonymous with their religious shit

> Teaching 5-10 year olds calculus
For the extremely gifted maybe, but for the average student that's definitely going to fail and in large part why I was saying that we should have things like that as electives that would possibly be better based purely off choice instead of age to account for gifted kids.
If you can't get them to go to school, how will you make them work? That sounds even harder.

I have a grandfather who grew up in the North end of Boston in the 30s and 40s

We were having a discussion a few months ago about modern education, and he said something that stuck with me.

"I don't understand the point of all this technology in schools. Did you hear of _______? They poured millions of dollars into it; best computers, best technology, and the kids who go there didn't do much better in testing than any other students. When I was growing up all we really had in the classroom was the chalkboard a piece of paper and some books and that was all we needed and i don't think we had an education that was any worse than whats being provided today"

Now of course, im paraphrasing, its been nearly a year since this conversation and i can't remember what he said verbatim, but I completely agree, theres an absolute shitton of money poured into schools for technology and other bullshit and its completely pointless because its unnecessary for learning. I went to a highschool where during my sophomore year they decided that it was very essential for every kid to have a laptop to be used for every class, So they forced all our parents to spend $1000 on a shitty laptop with a screen that could rotate around and become a tablet, and you know what? It did jack fucking shit, it made classes worse, it made them into powerpoint presentations, we would sit there in class and watch a power point presentation and type notes, and typing notes is less engaging than writing them, it was terrible.

I think america's education problem has 3 parts, 1. The students dont give a shit, 2. The parents dont think its their problem, and 3. Theres a lot of shitty unoriginal teachers who teach as a career.

Look at kids in AP (Advanced Placement) classes, those are students that give a shit, those are students whose parents give a shit, and those are teachers who do teaching as a passion project and originally worked within the industry which they now teach.

>If you can't get them to go to school, how will you make them work? That sounds even harder.

We do It the same way we can make Single Mothers work: Don't pay them welfare, and have an employer pay them by the hour of labor.

>Calculus

Sorry, meant arithmetic, I need coffee. But you'd be surprised what the unmoulded mind can be taught.

I think the problem can be solved by one thing: Making Parents foot the bill from their own pockets.

In other words, separate State and Education. The Governments do not want your kids to be educated.

If they did, then they would pay for more then glorified babysitters.