How can I accept this as the divine word of God if it has a spelling mistake in it?

How can I accept this as the divine word of God if it has a spelling mistake in it?

>It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." - Mark 10:25

The Greek word kamilos ('camel') should really be kamĂȘlos, meaning 'cable, rope'.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNsFSy7JuWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its a metaphor

how is a camel supposed to be going to through the eye of a needle ?

its not going to the through

rich guys wont enter the kingdom

>kike flag
Nice try Goldstein.

why are you translating from greek
was jesus greek?

Why would you use the word camel?

Rope, like a thread that is too thick.

Mistranslated. I think we can safely say this religion is debunked.

The "eye of a needle" is a physical gateway doofus

>One fedora has been tipped into your account.

youtube.com/watch?v=FNsFSy7JuWc

the new testament was originally in greek

probably because they literally meant a camel.

>using a corrupted Jesuit translation
shiggity diggity

I was taught the 'eye of the needle' was a door in the walls next to the city gates. The city gates closed when darkness fell. If a traveller arrived too late he could always request to be let through the small door, or he would have to spend the night in the field, which could be dangerous. Imagine having to take your camel through a normal sized door. Maybe it could be done, but it's not easy.

Only Islam thinks the Bible is the literal Word of God, Christianity sees the Bible as the inspired word of God. Therefore, such problems aren't as troublesome.

Was about to write that. Thanx!

Jesus spoke in Aramaic. The words are similar in Aramaic as well.

Jesus was just exaggerating this point and using silly humour for effect. Like hyperbole.

Not to mention this is actually similar within the Midrash, I believe. Just checked on Wikipedia. I was looking for the exact Aramaic.

t. Kike

>All these excuses for why rope was mistranslated as camel

kek

You are so incurably dumb. So, so dumb. Shortbus award for (You)

>The "eye of a needle" is a physical gateway doofus
thats literally just the rich people excuse
>Why would you use the word camel?
because camels are big compared to the eye of a needle

lel

It's been transcribed 40 billion times you don't expect a spelling error?

Also the verse you are posting about is probably the most misunderstood verse in history. People think it means rich people cannot enter heaven, but the context is important. I'll paraphrase.

>Jesus: It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle...

>Disciples: If it is so difficult, then what hope do any of us have of entering the Kingdom of God.

>Jesus: All things are possible through belief in God.

So the overall message of the verse isn't that rich people are condemned, it's that we are all redeemed through faith in God.

also cinderella, a french fairy tale, when transcribed into english for the first time they mistranslated slippers of "vaire," or squirrel fur, for slippers of "verre," meaning glass

so fairy tales are debunked

This is the translated version. That means it's a human mistake.

> Checkmate

Even a good lie has some truth young grasshopper.

It's a wordplay, something you American'ts wouldn't understand because you don't do 'subtle'.

I've heard Australians are very subtle and smart, is that true?

You fucking retard.

If they meant a physical gateway, they would have said "pass through", not "go through".

They mistranslated the word "rope" for "camel". It's common fucking sense. Not that I even give a shit that they fucked up... but I just wanted to let you know how fucking dumb you are.

I guess your trolling since there are about four of these threads on at once....Believe the Word. Don't believe the Word. We don't give a fuck. You know what is true....the Word has withstood many tests. The truth is in him.....We have our salvation