Agnosticism and atheism: good or bad?

The only thing defending us from the problems our world faces. But agnosticism isn't an independent position. Either you are an atheist or a theist, so if you want to be a fence sitter, call yourself an ignostic.

Atheism is literally the fucking devil and sucks on so many levels.

agnosticism is whatever. at least it doesn't polarize or offend so many people on a deeply personal level the way fedorashit does.

As an Atheist I can tell is better not to spread it into young people minds. It degenerates and brings up nihilism without a purpose in life, which youngsters have yet to find. It also lets you sound as an intellectual without knowing shit about life.

Kinda strange how much hatred atheism gets

Why does the fact that I don't follow a religion offend people so personally?

I would love to see a world without religion but I otherwise don't give a damn about it or if there's a god or not and I'm now a fence sitter?

Totally agree on this.

because as atheistcuck you entertain the idea that there is no life after death. religion exists to curb this existential crisis through belief while atheism only forces that awful anxiety. it also forces hyperrationality while ignoring the feelings of other human beings.
mind and heart need to be in balance. a life without spirituality is a shit life. fact. it's better to see yourself as a human being and a loved child of god who can reach the metaphysical plane and not as a worthless biorobot with expiration date.

Very very bad.

The truth has no alliance to god or bad.
The meme that atheism kills civilization is a meme, emotions kill civilization, giving up the belief in god means nothing if you are still emotional and make illogical decisions.

Lets believe it because it makes us feel nice, hope you are trolling

Bad.

>spreads hedonism
>spreads short-term thinking
>don't have kids, leading to a migrant crisis
>cunts online
>almost always leads to holes in people's lives that they fill with things such as drugs
>unnatural
>illogical
>self-defeating

why would I be trolling?
praying for example is good for your emotional wellbeing and reduces your anxiety. it works fine within the realm of your own subjectivity. what's possibly wrong with that? nothing is, that's what.

some atheists don't get anything from that which is strange but then again there unironically is a correlation between atheism and autism.

You make your purpose in life, not people a thousand years ago or a book.

Good person would be good person with or without the religion. Same with bad person bc it allows you to "hate" other people liko homosexuals etc. Unnatural? tell me about one animal which is spiritual. Hedonism and low birth rate is more caused by society than atheism/agnosticism.

>simpleton response

Water relieves thirst.

>Good without the religion
Societally-based, yes. Bad people are forbidden from doing objectively bad things.

>one other animal which is spiritual
We're not the first. Proto-homo sapiens were religious, including h. Neanderthalensis, if you look into it.

But other ones? We're not simple-minded animals. If that's what you want to compare us to then you're part of the problem.

Hedonism and low birth rate follow atheism/agnosticism.

I'm okay with agnosticism, but atheism seems damaging. Just look at Europe and European anons mentality about all religions. They are a contributing factor towards the obliteration of the west.

Just read comments from Germans, French, Brits, Swedes, etc. Tons of the ones on here seem indifferent to Islam or Christianity, and will usually claim that all religions contribute nothing worthy.

Ironically, atheism has also penetrated Christianity, and has made it cultural as opposed to religious. Just observe European anons who call themselves "Christians" whilst openly admitting they do not believe in God, the bible, or Jesus, and are just in it for the sake of preservation. Even then, this isn't working because look at Christianity in Sweden, Norway, France, etc. Cultural Christianity isn't going to help Europe if people don't actually believe in it.

The U.S.A., Poland, etc. are better examples at how increased religiosity and a cultural barrier, are better at combating the intrusion from other cultures or ideals. Note, when I said U.S. culture, I'm referring to increased assimilation, sub-culture, etc.

Hedonism and low birth rate comes more from wealth, you just have extra money for yourself and the poorer you are the more children you have (higher chances one will survive and be succesful, see 3rd world countries).

>neanderthalensis etc.
Well, they you couldnt understand shit about their world so they explained with they imaginations (low crop is gods punishment, thunder is gods weapon...)

And they follow from atheism. Well done.

>couldn't understand shit
Not quite. This is a God of the gaps and has been shown to be wrong.

Even if this was true of polytheistic religions, it's not the case for monotheistic ones anyway. It's not a God of bits we don't understand.

A lot of Atheists like communism, they become like the people the are against

Not true. I have met more Fascist atheists, but have only met a single communist, and he converted to baptist christianity... still a communist.

First you need to comprehend this high abstraction like god then you can be atheist.

Monotheistic religions evolved from polytheistic religions. I wanted to point out how they became religious , not that it is the case nowadays.

Doesn't the majority of atheists in your country vote democrat?

>evolved from polytheistic religions
Honestly, this is debatable. We see a remote High God, a first god, in almost all religions. They devolve into polytheism later, and then to henotheism and back to monotheism.

Even if yours was the case, though, it would have no impact on what I said.

>comprehend God
Literally stupid. Atheists make their own caricature of God and then deny it.

Yes. For personal reasons. Perhaps Republicans should stop opposing atheist rights if they want our vote.

>when I ask sombody religious about god, they dont tell me everytime they own version of god which is always different.

I can understand, but voting for a party that want to import ultra religious people and a religious leftist ideology isn't really a good choice tbqh

Agnosticism is the objective (and correct) worldview.

We do not know whether God exists or not, we just have our opinions. Have the intellectual humility to admit what you do not know.

t. agnostic theist, and Christian.

>I make up my own conception of God because I'm too stupid to look at what they actually believe
>I'm so smart I don't need to look at what they actually believe because I pooh-poohed it anyway
>I come from a shithole in Europe which is full of fedoras and so I don't even have the privilege of knowing from intelligent peers or cultural influences, I just believe they believe what I THINK they do.

Really gets the noggin joggin'.

That's why I vote Libertarian.

You can be a theist and a good person, you can be an atheist and be a shit person and vise versa

The belief is less important than the person, regardless of the belief the person can be good or shit.

Ahmed, how can even make picture of god when there are so many different versions of him? every person has its own.

I am from Slovakia btw and thats pretty religious country.

I would describe my self smart, just curious.

bad. the existence of god logically follows from the belief that objective morality exists.

the existence of reincarnation/afterlife logically follows from the belief that justice exists.

contra-positively, a person that believes that neither god nor reincarnations/afterlife, therefore logically believes that in neither objective morality nor justice.

[ p -> q, then ~q-> ~p]

therefore, an atheist is simply a nihilist; a moral relativist who believes that life after life is nothingness.

therefore, an agnostic is a person who simply doesn't think logically, a savage, or worse: a feminist.

I hate them both. A person without morals should shut the fuck up; just as a person without logic should shut the fuck up.

Good choice

wouldnt*

>so many different versions
You don't have to look at what ooga boogas worshipping a python do, and God =/= gods.

Look at monotheistic gods.

>moving from Slovakia to Czech Republic
>smart
No, or you have shit taste

You posted an actual symbolic logic fallacy. You need an 'if and only if' declaration there.

I don't believe in any god, but believe in christian values. What would that make me?

Interesting theory.

I have a task for you though:

Tell me how tall you are, but without using any units of measurement.

Agnosticism is the ultimate cuckening: it's literally atheism with a fedora and those people like their fedora too much to admit it.
Atheism, on the other hand, is the real redpill. Instead of believing in a magical sky daddy that hates you and will send you to hell pretty much for existing because existing is a sin except god sacrificed himself to god knowing he'll revive because he's god to wash humans of their sins which is why they are sinful which is why you're going to hell means that you can adhere to a principled moral code based on facts instead of rituals.
Even christcucks, despite not wanting to admit it, have had no choice but to take a lot from atheism because their deprecated religion was no longer applicable to the modern world.

Inconsistent.
Are you at least open to God?

I am here studying medicine, ffs Ahmed, dont be so agressive.

Monotheistic? you mean that god from old testament? well, he killed milions just because... he could...

I don't like believing in anythin insubstantial. That goes for god as well as a "gender spectrum". I like evidence, not faith.
I believe in christian values because they have clearly brought forth the most successful societies in the world.

You can't tell me what to do if there's no God. Don't force your subjective opinions of what's good or not on me.

>he killed because he could
Simpleton logic. Don't embarrass yourself.

An atheist, by definition.

Neither do I. I was extremely reluctant to come to faith, tbqh. There's a lot to support it as the most reasonable explanation if you look into it, though.

>romans were christian before they died
>greeks too
>and egyptians
>jews are christian
What did he mean by that?

>you there, build a boat
>others?
>fuck them they dont pray enough/worship me enough

>discusion about personal opinions on subject
>dont tell me your opinion! reee

>he thinks Genesis is supposed to be read literally
>missing the point this hard

okay, so whats the point? live in constant fear of gods punishment?

No. The fact that you have to think like that is indicative of a fear of being judged.

If you really want to know, speaking to a priest would be far more beneficial. But these are to be understood according to the time they were from.

Otherwise, you'll have to be more specific about what you want to know the point of. The "point" you missed that I mentioned about "don't force your subjective opinions on me" was me being facetious and pointing out that, without an objective moral standard, that's all it boils down to: preference.

s/centrist/agnostic

Yes, you get the point, many peoples beliefs are based on fear being judged - dont do that or that, He doesnt like this, I can see it on the older generation in my country.

>dat damage control

you can count the usa
as it is secular
and most of the first world today
only feudal/imperial europe was christian

That wouldn't mean they're incorrect, though. Literally not an argument.

I don't know what you're talking about 'damage control' for, though. There's no damage. Stop embarrassing yourself.

well they are pretty opressed thats not good for them

If you are trying to make a point, just do it clearly ffs, I litteraly said nothing in my post "to do" and you replied "cant tell me what to do" next time give it some context pls

Sorry, I forget atheists are autistic.

>dat generalisazion and ad hominem

not on argument

an*
generalization*

I need to chill...

Not a rebuttal :^)

You shouldn't be getting upset. I'm just teasing.

>not a fact

>not a country

Chill Ahmed :D

Is that the Gods love you are supposed to spread and represent around the world as good christian/monotheist?

>dont tell me what to do

What about the anxiety resulting from the cognitive dissonance of believing in religions that are rife with contradictions and radically different interpretations of ancient texts from one sect to the next, or even within sects?

Religions are loaded with contradictions and things that simply defy reason.

Technically you don't have to love enemies of God.
And even then, I'm just shitposting to annoy you a little. This IS Sup Forums. Contrary to popular beliefs, we can have fun too.

you should definitely love your fellow one, thats the point of christianity, even if he believes in something else.

I expected better converstion with just little shitpost :/

Technically, you started it with the reaction images.

The point of Christianity is to love people who hate on you. We don't have to take it like bitches, though, despite a common misunderstanding about what turning the other cheek means.

And despite this, I legitimately don't have any ill feelings towards you. Remember, too, I DID tell you to speak to a priest if you want to know in more detail.