I really want to believe in God, but I am an atheist

I really want to believe in God, but I am an atheist.

I don't understand how he can exist because my brain thinks he doesn't exist, and I can't change it.

It really seems like Christianity can help improve my life and stop me from being so cynical.

How can I change my mind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
docdroid.net/SlxAMji/nihilism-seraphim-rose.pdf.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>asking 4chins before asking the Man himself
Just pray. And before you get all confused, praying is just a conversation with God.

how do i pray

>How can I change my mind?
A combination of meditation and drugs. You can make yourself into whatever you like. Meditation at very least might increase your self awareness.

Whether that's to effectually believe in God, that's your decision. Meditation can be used to increase your feeling of connection to the world and if you believe God is in the machinery of the universe, like something Spinoza or Einstein believed, then it's not illogical to feel a connection with God.

Prayer at best is controlled meditation on a certain phrase, almost guaranteed to be done wrong.

just act the part. no one is forcing you to be rational on everything. you can be irrational on somethings by choice.

Keep the commandments in your heart, just try it for one or two weeks... and see how people will react around you.
Read your bible, if you wanna know the true wickedness of this world, then read the prophets Jeremiah, Isaiah, etc. Everything is already written in these books. I mean it.
If you need some consolation, then read the gospels.
About praying read Matthew chapter 6

He's already irrational by being an atheist.

Isn't it strange that something that doesn't exist has such a profound affect on your thoughts?

acting 100% sure on any side on a topic like this is irrational. but whatever floats your boat, man.

Take a leap of faith.

Read the Bible, start praying everyday, and start attending church.

If you're so smart then read the Church Fathers and modern apologetics, too. I tested at genius level verbal IQ and I can tell you the Christian corpus is not intellectually lightweight. Most people aren't as intelligent as they think they are. That goes doubly for atheists. I say this as a former atheist and a certified genius. Reading Aquinas and considering his work as a whole was a very intellectually humbling experience for me.

Also, unless you have a family to provide for, give everything you own away to the poor, and start doing volunteer work helping the less fortunate. If there's one thing that will make you doubt God because of your own arrogance, it's living in a bubble made of money protecting you from reality. Money gives you the illusion of being in control of your own life.

And repent and stop sinning.

Read mere Christianity

Read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

Read What I Believe by Tolstoy

Read Resurrection by Tolstoy

Read Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky

Study the Bible

Christianity is not an easy faith, it is a difficult one.

I often think this

boy let me tell you something, religion has already done its part in human history. It united people, but now its time for sciente do its job, and replace "religion'' with faith. I'm agnostic, I think there is a superior kind of life that could have made us or simply can control things with his mind, but in the bible or the "church god" I can't think this exist anymore.
The human mind is corrupt and full of evilness, but my faith keeps me up everyday, because I know there is something good on us.

hey user OP. read this redpill about the Christ and be amazed at why you reject Him. it's because as He is depicted in the 21st century is a fraud

Bitch plz. God doesn't exist. Don't become a mainstream George Soros cultist. I don't know... eat some candy and drink some nice sugary Soda to be less cynical.

lmao forgot the image

Idiots like you are why people reject Christianity. people like you are why more people go their lives without faith. Fuck you I hope we nuke you again

Do not listen to retards like this who reject 2000 years of theology to form their own warped views of Christ.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:1

Eat the mushroom, it's how the universe helps you see things...differently. DMT works well too.

You don't need to believe in God to follow a religion, read into Buddism and Hinduism might help you out with your dilemma

Questioning faith is a sin OP. Learn to accept him without trying to solve everything in your little mortal head. Because in the end... we cannot comprehend him as we are too simple minded.

how do u get this cucked about
stay an atheist, what you want means nothing to what you know

Read the ible

>wanting to lie to yourself
why? a much better way is to deal with reality. it might hurt for a while, but then you will get over it and have clarity. sure is better than spending your life talking to an imaginary friend

Read the Bible. Start with Proverbs.

stop trying to worship a sandnigger kike on a stick from the desert. if you're a white european, there's only one religion that is yours. fuck christianity, kill all christians.

Go read the King James Version of the Bible the Book of John.

Jesus is the red pill, he is the truth, the way, & the life.....he burden is light and he brings his reward with him.....

You will still be cynical tho, LOL

Also, pray and ask him into your heart, believe in him

Remember, it was the church that was burning people for saying the sun didn't orbit the earth. Also calling scientific inventions a sin.

i hate fedora prophets
atheism doesn't improve quality of life. if you don't believe, then you don't, but don't act like you are so much better because of it.

precisely. Jesus has been turned into the false prophet thanks to those trying to use Him and his righteousness

the man asked a question, i'm giving him honest answer.

Go to church and put your money in the basket like all the other sheep.

>How can I change my mind?
It's like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. You can never go back to a life of brainless delusions and irrational beliefs. All you can do now is pretend around others.

>Read the ible
That's how I became an atheist

that "imaginary friend" thing makes you sound so smug. those kind of comments ruined atheism for the rest.

Watch the video titled "fatherhood"
Keep researching. Eventually you will beg for the armor of Christ.

Here's a quick reading list.
Mere Christianity - CS Lewis
The Cost of Discipleship - Bonhoffer
The Truth War - MacArthur

But most importantly read the Bible. Read it intentionally and thoroughly, there is many layers to scripture and work is needed to be put in to understand it even though what Christ has done for us is incredibally simple the depth of it is endless. I would start in John, read it every day and take time to process and ponder what it is saying. I highly recommend having a note book to record questions and thoughts as you read. If you finish John and are still curious start reading Acts then Romans. The story of Paul is very relatable. A good resource to use is The Blue Letter Bible, you are able to read every translation including the original text, as well as having lexicon and Hebrew dictionaries available. All for free. Bare with me as I say this, but start praying. Not like you see in movies or what you imagine prayer to be. It's actually quite simple and quaint. You're just speaking to your creator, just like you would anyone else. Explain to Him how you feel and what you're thinking about. If you want ask Him to reveal Himself to you and open your eyes to His presence. What you are embarking on is the best and most breath taking relationship you've ever had. One that will cut you to the core and raise you higher than the heavens. However it is no easy feat it is an hourly battle to keep your eyes fixed on Christ. There is a knock at the door user, will you answer it?

watch this video, its only 15 minutes if you don't watch the whole thing you're a faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas

God is not a thing, user. If you think of God as a thing, like other things, you'd be mad to believe. But God is not a thing. HTH.

>bible science then now.jpg
fake meme. Nothing in the middle column is true. No "science" ever claimed the earth was flat - that was always religion. No science ever claimed the Earth sat on a large animal - that was religion.

0/10 for deliberate misinformation meme

Here is a book that I read that helped me escape the lies of the modern world and its nihilism.

docdroid.net/SlxAMji/nihilism-seraphim-rose.pdf.html

I was an atheist but then I saw a ghost.
Full legit , turns out it was my wife's dead grandfather. Clear as day I saw him. Middle of the day in the middle of the room.

So I figure if there is ghosts, there is an afterlife, there must be a supreme being. It may not be an old man Christian god, but maybe Star Wars is closer to it.

So I became a Freemason. Best fucking thing I ever did. Lots of friends now, good job prospects due to networking and good role models

I'm in the same boat.
God probably does not exist.
However, I still use God as a benchmark for my own behavior, as I see him as the highest standard of benevolence.
Also, remember you're imperfect and will definitely commit sins but do not let this stop you from seeking virtue.
Just follow Jesus' teachings and ignore kike subversion.

I started reading the Bible once for amusement and I started dying from laughter on the first few pages. That sums up my time with religion

See this debate: youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8

And read Aristotle and Plato. This will clear your mind.

What do you think WE think that God is?
Most atheists think God is some Zeus-like figure. He isn't.

Just go to church, talk to a priest, read the new testament ect

Don't think too much about the literal meaning of everything and just learn the beliefs and customs of Christianity.

>the lies of the modern world and its nihilism.
Theists are the ultimate nihilists

Just watch this video I posted user. The evidence is clear: the universe, our reality, is nothing more than a dream inside the infinite mind of God

Epic

>Remember, it was the church that was burning
fucking protestants and facts...you'll never find them occupying the same space.

Also, majority of Freemasons in my district are redpilled.

kek

CHRISTIANS LIE

MAKE FAKE THREADS

DENY CHRIST

LIE

MAKE FAKE PERSONAS

LIE

IT'S SHAMEFUL

AND ABVIOUS

TERRIBLE REALLY

VERY MIDDLE EASTERN

BUT

STILL

GROSS

LIARS

ARE

GROSSSSSSSSS

I am going through the same thing. I believe in Western culture. Christianity is a big part of that. It's what has taken us to where we are today. I believe in my people, I believe in the God that has provided them with a culture of glory, dignity & surplus ... I think it's only a matter of time before I genuinely believe in God Himself.

>lel fedora haahhaha
>please Jews, forgive me for sinning

(((Freemason)))

The top notch goyims.

>40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;

Tell me how circle is not flat? It's 2d.

>Just follow Jesus' teachings and ignore kike subversion.
WEIRD

LIARS

ARE

GROSS

>Most atheists think God is some Zeus-like figure.
Atheists have no idea what form your imaginary gods take beyond whatever theists have claimed: their paintings, literary descriptions and sculptures.

It really can't be overstated. Go to your local book store and pick up a copy of the King James Bible (The one your grandma and grandpa Muriel and Eustace read).

Read the Gospel of John and Matthew first. Attend a King James, soul-winning, born again baptized believing Church and learn about Jesus Christ and what he did.

Shut your eyes and bow your head and earnestly pray to God about everything going on in your head.

Doubtful, most atheists are retarded and see everything hyper literally. They literally imagine Zeus.

It is much easier to believe that evil exists -- just observe the world around you. Once you accept that this is true, you will come to understand that God must exist as well. The alternative is unthinkable.

I would recommend the Orthodox Study Bible.

It uses the Septuagint version of the Old Testament and the New King James Version for the New Testament. It includes commentary for each verse by Orthodox fathers. It also contains the apocryphal/deuterocanonical books.

I'm not reading text that came way after that was found in a garbage can in a monastery. There is really no difference between Orthodox and Catholicism.

Listen to Bach.

>Christianity is a big part of that. It's what has taken us to where we are today.
Like the Inquisitions and witch burnings?

All the Abrahamic religions are nothing more than institutionalized immorality.

If you're an atheist for good reasons (if it's the result of reflexions and not just you being an pretentious edgelord) you can't and you shouldn't. You can find a spirituality without believing in illogical anthropocentric religions. You can believe in something that makes sense and that you could call "god" but not one of our human-like gods. Look at pantheism and things like that for example.

Think about what we know about the universe, its age, its size, our age, our place in it.
Think about your ape-like ancestor sitting on a branch looking at the world around him and wondering about all of this, he looks at the sky without even knowing what it is and what lies beyond so he makes up answers to his questions because it's simpler, comfier.

Our religions are just evolved forms of what he was thinking and they are still from a time where people didn't know shit about the world around them. Don't think like someone from 2000 years ago that puts Heaven in the sky because it's beautiful, clear and pure above us and Hell underground because there is fire and darkness under us.

Ok.

Watch inspiringphilosophy youtube channel starting with quantum god playlist. You will believe

I'm not reading a "study bible"

2 Peter 1:21 clearly states it's you and the Holy Ghost guiding your reading. The study Bibles put a naturalist, spiritually descerned point of view on the Bible.

Read the eastern orthodox bible. Its better than osb

Ok

Evolution theory is just masonic bullshit

No, that's a (((revised))) version of the King James.

>Doubtful, most atheists are retarded and see everything hyper literally.
>Religious people never do that
>The Earth is 6000 years old and the dinosaurs were put their deliberately to test the faith.
Are you trying to frame the clear thinkers for doing what the insanely gullible are already famously guilty of? Nice swing at blame-shifting, but you're busted.

>They literally imagine Zeus.
When atheists "imagine" a phony god like yours, they literally come with a spaghetti monster or a tea cup in outer space.

Start here.

God is gold.

Literally. All goodness in this universe comes from God because it IS God.

Think of God as a vague concept like goodness. Because God is beyond human understanding. God exists outside our senses and the dimensions they can detect.

>Read the eastern orthodox bible. Its better than osb

Can you give me a link to that bible?

>not just you being an pretentious edgelord)
A fact is a fact no matter who you are or why you accept it.

*God is good.

Way to fuck it up.

See. Our frail human minds are so fragile and fallable we can't even spell these concepts good.. er.. well.

>a few people taking Genesis literally
haha i got u now christcuck xDDDD

>spaghetti monster
>tea cup
Atheists literally can't argue. None of those work. Nor does muh unicorn.

Brought to you by: Autism Deluxe(tm)
Satanism Lite

The religion pill is the hardest pill to swallow, especially when you were an atheist for over a decade, like me.

It took me a long time to realize my mistake for no country and no society can form and prosper without common religion among the people. Take religion away from a culture and what do you have ? Check germany, france, sweden and many others. Weak people unable to defend themselves from any form of attack.

>inquisition meme
>witch burning

If you can't see its value beyond that you're taking civilized western society for granted.

This. Ppl think the final red pill will taste different from those they already ate. It's a tragic comfort to know.

Creationists are the real blasphemers against God, not people teaching evolution.

Creationjsm paints God into this tiny little concept and God's creation of ourbcomplex world into a simple children's story.

Even taking religous courses in high school I learned Genesis has two contradictory stories. That doesn't even account for other Hebrew creation texts.

>Evolution theory is just masonic bullshit
Eschewing legitimate science to hyper-literally read your creation story only makes you look more delusional and unhinged.

There are two aspects you will have to deal with:1. The metaphysical and epistomolgy of God(aka does God exist,what is God like and how can I know God exists) and 2. Can I have a relationship with God? I've found William Lane Craig's work to be most useful and would probably be the world's current expert on the Kalam Argument. Dr. Craig also has a weekly podcast called defenders which goes through Christian Theology and is currently in it's 3rd iteration of the class. It is accessable through the reasonable faith app and their website. Michael Licona, Ben Witherington, Craig Keener, and NT Wright are all phenomenal New Testament scholars with myself getting alot of mileage on John Walton on the Old Testament.

Head knowledge won't be all that is required, as it does require an open heart to God's will and presence in your life to change and guide your actions. Reflect on the scriptures and put God before all others. We love because he first loved us. May God bless and keep you.

Face a carpet towards the coordinates of 21.4∘N and 39.8∘E

>we were monkeys
>legitimate science

Know how I know you don't know shit about science?

No it isnt youre thinking of osb. EOB is a new translation by the orthodox community in america based on the patristic text

Not available free online anymore but can be bought on amazon

I don't disagree at all. Genesis isn't supposed to be taken literally. It's two stories. Side by side.

It's polemic. It's also heavy in poetry.

This is boring me now.

dont take it literal its all cloaked in metaphor