What was the purpose of the American Civil War?

What did the North want?
What did the South want?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aNkcJhFxD-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pukKZIlTEDo
youtube.com/watch?v=XAlvb0fkNmU
youtube.com/watch?v=gz6Jk8RttlE
youtube.com/watch?v=tVqsVMLDU7E
youtube.com/watch?v=xI7vBQRuTYg
youtube.com/watch?v=8oVTabkkd4A
youtube.com/watch?v=agnz56OuG_E
youtube.com/watch?v=6hfsad7jPZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was fought over economics
American Education does a shit job covering everything from 1776 to 1861

If they actually taught those years in school,
people wouldn't be so stupid about it.

Bourgeois revolution

I could tell you that the north was full of Jews wanting to eliminate a 100% white-dominant society in the future
I could tell you that the south did the work for them by continuing to import thousands of niggers
I could tell you that Texans were and still are to some extent the only (somewhat) reasonable people in the south
I could tell you that the north simply needed its agricultural hub back
I could tell you that the south had what I like to call "Balkan Fever", where croats and serbs like to declare non countries like bosnia or montenegro or macedonia, because they're fucking retards
I could also tell you I hate balkan niggers for this
I could tell you that you'd be the best of friends with the south if the brits and french decided to intervene
I could tell you that the northern coasts are full of tiny hills they call mountains, scrawny patches of trees they call forests, and sjws worse off than the south
I could tell you that Jew York is the reason people think multiculturalism works in the west
But I'm going to tell you to move to the Best coast, the West coast, and to purge the cities of Seattle, Portland, LA and San Francisco.
Strictly rural

The north sold goods to the South because goods from Europe were highly tarrifed so as to be more expensive. Meanwhile the South couldn't sell as much cotton and raw material to Europe because of the retaliatory tariffs in Europe, so they could only sell to the North who could set the price low. So they were getting little money for their raw material and buying back manufactured products at a steep price. In addition, all the pubic works funded by the tariffs always seemed to be spent in the North. The South's idea was to break away and set up a free trade zone with Europe, doubling the money coming in while slashing what they were paying for manufactured goods. Too good to not be tempting too southern aristocracy. But they would have quickly shifted all Atlantic trade from northern ports to southern ports. Sales of Northern goods to the South would have collapsed, and the government's coffers would have run dry. The North really had no choice but to invade militarily to prevent this scenario from playing out.

North wanted to preserve the Union.
South wanted to preserve the slavery system.

The South was anxious at the possibility of the North abolishing slavery, so the South seceded. The North invaded the South to preserve the Union afterwards. Slavery was ultimately abolished to avert further divisions and wars.

Control and control
The north wanted control of both territories
The south wanted control of their own territories without federal government oversight

The South was an agrarian economy that created enormous wealth from slave labor. They did not want a tariff so that they could effectively sell cotton and tobacco globally.
The North was a fledgling industrial economy. They wanted a tariff to protect their growing industries from being out competed by European powers. They hated each other for decades because of this issue.

The North knew freeing the slaves would end this debate forever. The South knew abolition would impoverish them and seceded, the North took that opportunity to seize their wealth.

Na thats what they tell you the truth was south was primarly farmers who stuffed there money under there beds. The north was bankers and industry who wanted that money the south was making sure this is where you can stuff that bs about slaves but atlest slaves had houses and food unlike now

>the war was about slavery
babby's first Sup Forums discussion

Go watch the ken burns series on Netflix

>What was the purpose of the American Civil War?
Not a Civil war retard. It was War of Secession.

the south were a bunch of short sided racist cunts that were going "M-MUH WAY OF LIFE" and rebelled against the republic to do so.

If your way of life involves owning another human being, then your way of life is shit and needs to civilized like you would a cannibilistic or communist society.

The south were evil sons of bitches and only retards and racist Sup Forums losers would disagree.

if we hadn't thrown a temper tantrum over a tea tax the thirteen colonies would've abolished slavery 60 years prior and less niggers would've been imported, also WWI and WWII would've either never happened or been resolved much sooner. the founding fathers were globalists open your eyes

The south wanted to become their own independent nations with their own EU like system, except Jews wouldn't hold power.
>Inb4 Lincoln fags

My great great granddaddy just wanted to keep his property

He paid for his farm equipment

It was rightfully his

They Loved Him

when the war was a loss, they didn't want to leave his plantation

I feel my family was robbed

It was my birthright to inherit those people

They should go back to Africa, or come back home to my plantation

>Netflix

kike detected

North wanted to end slavery
South wanted to keep it
When Lincoln was elected, south seceded from USA
Washington resolved to force them back in

It was fought for the purpose of lying in the mud like a dog while having your arm amputated so that you could preserve the nation that would import millions of foreign illiterates a century later.

and then everything from 1865 to 1939
and then everything from 1945 to 2001

Ahh yes good goy. (((Ken Burns))). Fuck that kike bootlicker.

Don't be retarded dude. The south was willing to phase out slavery but Lincoln didn't give a shit about that. The north didn't win the civil war to free all the poor little niglets

If you barely knew about the Civil War, you'd think it was about slavery.

If you are fairly educated on the Civil War, you'd think it was about states' rights.

If you are an expert on the Civil War, you'd know it was about slavery.

How's that abolitionism working out for you now?

When it comes right down to it, their economical systems clashed. The North wanted to go one way while the South wanted to go another, it wasn't just about "muh slaves". Southern economy relied on slave labor while the northerners didn't, the reason they seceded is due to the south seeing this as unfair. In short, it boiled down to farmers fighting industrialists. Slavery was one of our biggest mistakes though, it crippled us in the long run despite the short term gain. Now we have a bunch of pissed off slave descendants who drive our bottom dollar down and leech off our system. I wish Lincoln had the chance to order them to be returned to their homeland, things would be better.

Bring me back my property

Let my niggers out of prison and let them come back to the farm

They were meant to be here, Working for me

My family didn't work hard
to have all our wealth stolen because of some stupid Abe Lincoln

youtube.com/watch?v=aNkcJhFxD-Q

Slavery as a matter of States' Rights

>What did the North want?

Revenge

>What did the South want?

Freedom

haha get fucked redneck hillbilly

What was wrong with slavery

>Nothing at all

It gave low IQ people an opportunity

My great great granddaddy's niggers were happy

They had a purpose

Today niggers
>Smoke crack
>kill each other
>go to prison

Release my property

youtube.com/watch?v=pukKZIlTEDo

We would have won if it weren't for your constitution violating president.

>MUH NIGGARS
>MUH STATES RITES

Pretty good rundown my dude.
Later Lincoln would use Emancipation to claim the moral high ground and convince the European nations to not intervene.
Now the South is mostly an underdeveloped shit hole

Was Lincoln a real-life Obi-Wan Kenobi?
>if you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

>gets shot in head
>becomes widely revered as greatest president in American history
>started trend of correlating South with racism and degeneracy
>completely ruined Southern reputations

I'm not even American
not yet anyways

The federal government was fighting to maintain its authority over people who no longer felt that it represented their interests and used force to beat them into submission at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives. Northern soldiers were forcibly conscripted and the populace was sold on the concept that the war would be over quickly. After the Confederacy beat the shit out of the North for two years there were enough dead men and bad blood to keep the conflict going until Winfield Scott's Anaconda plan strangled the South and the war turned in the North's favor. After the war Yankee elites used the conflict as a justification to seize complete control of the economy.

TLDR: They were putting down a rebellion by any means necessary.

The elite southerners who pushed for secession in the first place wanted to protect slavery and more to the point the profits they were making from their plantations.

The working class southerners who fought the war were ostensibly fighting for "state's rights"; but in reality they were fighting for survival against an invasion. They were afraid that if they didn't fend off the Yankees then the North would come down rape their women, burn their cities and pillage anything that wasn't tied down and once the war turned against them that's what happened. After the war the southern economy was completely destroyed and Southerners ended up as second class citizens in their own homes as they lost their right to vote, to hold office, or to have any position in a publicly traded company effectively taking away all of the political and economic power. As a consequence the South languished in poverty for decades to come.

TLDR: Rich southerners wanting to protect their slavery profits fucked the working class by pushing them into a disastrous war for survival they had no chance of winning.

Sorry cunt I am not some Pleb

I come from a long line of good stock

Unlike you

youtube.com/watch?v=XAlvb0fkNmU

No matter what Sup Forums says it was a war of slavery and being able to keep slaves.
Slavery mattered, the South had a lot of slaves and it was their primetime industry to sell slave picked cotton. They needed slaves but the North didn't want to keep them or need them.

no "good stock" comes from the Old South

Didn't say slavery was wrong. Letting them stay here after they were freed was wrong

Only like 1% of white Southerners owned slaves. Also the North never wanted to abolish slavery. They just wanted to limit its spread.

Pol and reddit went to war. Which side was which? Ill never tell..

You forgot everything from 1939-1945...

The south wanted the kikes to send their slaves back to africa but the northern kikes wanted to integrate the slaves into america to plant the seeds of destruction and division. Thats what happened. A bunch of kikes imported boat loads of niggers with the intention to free them and cause a civil war so they could slaughter white poeple.

This is the most accurate, but even 170 years later everyone is too butt-hurt to look at it objectively

I like your grasp on history.

wrong
they said they wanted to get "rid" of it to get support of people such as France and other European countries

Tell that to the 365,000 yanks died sucking southern dust

youtube.com/watch?v=gz6Jk8RttlE

Ken Burns is a Lesbian. .
Grant was a drunk,
Sherman married his sister & was insane.
Abraham Lincoln was a Homosexual

Get the fuck out. We're more than full.

Lincoln wrote poems about gay marriage.

I enjoyed reading this

Thats all every war is. Another excuse to slaughter masses of white people. The civil war. World war 1 and 2. These are the reasons why whites are a minority. Because the fucking kikes keep tricking us into slaughtering each other.

Is this real hair??

The south were pissed off because the government was industrializing the north and leaving them to poor farmer lives. They rose up to say fuck off.

That image gave me a strong urge to fucking shoot myself.

I mean the government has a vested interest in telling history in a way that they were the "good guys" in the civil war in order to keep the people loyal to the state. So we get taught that Lincoln is this great moral figure fighting the good fight to end slavery and not the guy who suspended habeus corpus and killed over 600,000 people to maintain his authority.

Meanwhile in the South we have trouble admitting that the war was a stupid idea in the first place and that the plantation owners fucked us all to protect their money.

The real tragedy of the war is that if we'd been able to avoid it for about ten years then industrialization would have rendered slavery and the plantation system obsolete anyway as tractors and threshers rendered massive slave labor forces obsolete and economically inefficient.

south wanted to keep niggers in chains, the north wanted bulls to prep for their wives.

Like it or not the war was just over slavery in the end. everyone tries to come up with bogus shit like economics or unions, but they are just trying to justify being an inbred south American hick.

>/pol forgetting about 1949-1945
how.

Lincoln wanted to send them back but the economy was in ruins at the time and he (((died))) before he could fix it.

HE WAS SO PROGRESSIVE LIKE OMG SAVE THE SLAVES.

This song describes what happened to faggots in Blue

youtube.com/watch?v=tVqsVMLDU7E

This song tells the story of tyrannical faggots who think they would win a war in one week

youtube.com/watch?v=xI7vBQRuTYg

The south WILL RISE AGAIN my niggas

That's what it was about. Preserving the union and slavery. He's not wrong. Also taxes of course. The only people who get butthurt over this and try to revise history are southern folks who think the south dindu nuffin.

That's what my Jr. High School history textbook pointed out too. Along with the slavery stuff.

Basically a lot of things happened and this situation forced some form of resolution.

So are you telling me that the US textbooks on history doesn't mention this?

you forgot most importantly 610-1492.
>DEUS VULT

Everyone's favorite D&C thread

They dindu nuthin. they purchased property to make a living and the north wanted to take it away and not replace it as they buttfucked the south by only industrializing the north.

I don't understand where this meme about southern being inbred comes from

I mean sure West virginal has a lot of cousin fuckin going on

And people from Alabama are pretty swarthy

But at the end of the day southerns are still pure

Unlike Australians who have been fucking abos for along time

They are all pro-north / pro-union propaganda

>falling for the South fought for slavery meme
You must be new here

History is written by the victors.

So our short chapter on a civil war happening half a world away that we really didn't care about because it doesn't help kids understand our present society very much if at all is more objective and neutral than your textbooks.

Why have you not shot the fucking jews yet?

Everything is always about one thing isn't it.

Why are the Irish so brilliant??

Because the Holocaust leaves them in the eternal victim department.

Yes. Ken Burns has sported that for decades.

Hail Davis

Down with abe
Down with the eagle
Up with the cross

youtube.com/watch?v=8oVTabkkd4A

It shouldn't surprise you.

History about foreign nations is always more objective than history about your own country particularly when it comes from a state sponsored public education system.

The state wants to forge a national identity and maintain its people's faith in the government.

To maintain the union and become the super power we are today.

We had already toppled the greatest military in the world and the only reason we even wound up overcoming them in every aspect was due to their economies falling into shambles due to back to back world wars.

Good question; See Yeah our history textbooks were garbage when I went to school. They are objective sure, but there are obvious undertones to gauge an emotional response. Typically for or against what the authors want you to agree with / disagree with. But this is why

I specifically buy historically significant books on the war as old as possible.

Inbreeding today in the US only happens with moslems, blacks, and in Wisconsin & Indiana.

Blacks are so inbred

I knew some black people in middle school

I went to a secondary school

It was 90% black

None of them were virgins because they had all had sex with a cousin/sister/aunt

I'm not even kidding

we were like 12

They would brag about it

While that is true, if there is a major conflict, and you shit on one half consistently, you'll never truly heal the scars.

Far better for it to say that it was complicated, painful and bad, and that we've moved past it.

Unless you're one of those faggots whose macbook has a "this machine kills fascists" sticker.

I'm part Aiken.
William Aiken, Sr. built the first US RR in Charleston. His son Jr. later became SC Gov. He was arrested for not attending the re-raising of the US flag over Ft. Sumter. After the yankees destroyed all the schools, he later was sent to D.C. to collect money from the Peabody's to rebuild schools. In the photo of the occasion, he looks rather pissed to be grouped with Sherman (who married his sister), and Farragut & others.

South wanted freedom and the north wanted to keep the USA into splitting into two countries

get the fuck out, they dont want or need you

Holy shit
I just remembered how much I hate niggers and Yankee scum

The south will rise again

youtube.com/watch?v=agnz56OuG_E

Correction. Grant.

That is a large part of why the South is still salty today. Ironically the country used to be more objective about what a tragedy for both sides the civil war was; but since the SJWs took over Hollywood and the public education system the confederacy have turned into comic book villains.

Now they're even tearing down all the monuments to the South's war dead because it offends the blacks.

yeah we're fucking retarded i can approve that,as to why we're tolerating muslims in our teritory (bosnia) is still a mystery to me

I want the niggers out of my southland

youtube.com/watch?v=6hfsad7jPZg

if "Yankee scum" are the north, what is the derogatorily term for the south?

You mean what did the Democrats want considering, you know, it was Democrats fighting (((Democrats))).

nope are books are written by the victor

To free the slaves so your women could be free and brave enough to get BBCs in the future.