Which denomination should I become? Been an atheist for 6 years...

Which denomination should I become? Been an atheist for 6 years, and I think im ready to come out of my edgy phase and return to church, only problem is since becoming redpilled im not sure which church is worth attending.

Here's my background:

>baptized Catholic as a baby
>attended baptist private school until I was 14 and attended non-demoninational church until about the same time (my degenerate mother got a divorce and could no longer receive communion so she decided to quit.)
>became atheist at 13
>attend catholic high school for all four years
>now I'm in my second year of college and I can hear God calling me back.

Wut do? I also aware of the trend that is happening in the "alt right"/reactionary movement that has developed over the past 2 years. A lot of young men are becoming Eastern Orthodox Christians.

Is that a good path to take?

Other urls found in this thread:

lcms.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
orthodoxwiki.org/Hesychasm
saintandrew.net/files/catechumen info/Catechumen_Renunciations_and_Affirmations_Form.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU
youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o
youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZtkrU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=XN6UNVwlRbk
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go with your heart, and humanity, whatever the fuck that means. I wholeheartedly recommend religions that has G O single D as the supreme commander (IE abrahamic religions). But other religions like buddhism or confucianism or those chinese religions are good for your mind as well.

But don't become Sikh. They don't eat steak. They are vegetarian cucks, because they think their cows are holy or some shit like that.

And you can't become Jewish because of "Genetic heritage", so just go with the religions above and you'll be fine.

Tl;dr: anything but Sikhism is gucci.

The only thing I wanna know is which denomination has the least damaged women.

Polytheist religions especially the one with cernunnos or god of nature

The one i have mentionned

dissident Catholic

Calvinist evangelical

interview the pastor/priest about if/how the church disciplines church members who divorce frivolously

Do you have Latin mass in your area? If you grew up with Novus Ordo, it might be good to look into the Latin rite.

All of them are pretty okay if they are heavy traditional; I grew up in a Romanian Traditionalist church and all the girls were heavy red-pill in a traditional sense
I would avoid American Protestant is the only thing

Catholics are the only Christians with self respect. if you have to choose, choose them.

>im totally not a cult member pretending im not a cult member and trying to act like i want to be in the cult im totally not already in

>ps im not already in the cult and just pretending im not it to trick other people to join it

>incoming rabid christian bickerfest
fuck your obvious schism shilling
saged

No paganist here ?

Scientology an excellent modern choice for the redpilled

If you're into traditional values, I always suggest looking into The Church of Jesus Christ of Laterday Saints (Mormons). Their beliefs are a little bit crazy, so you have to have a high tolerance for that, but most are still living a 1950's American, clean lifestyle.

Wait, out of genuine curiosity which denomination of Christianity vigorously support Trump? Because they are literally autism, and some religions tend to make you regress in mental capacity.

>protestants are jewish pupp-
*blocks ur path*
*nails ur door*
also post more christ-chan

Lutheran

return to the Catholic Church. your parents knew what they were getting you into

Clearly you were never really an atheist, you were just someone identifying as atheist with no real understanding of atheism. God obviously doesn't exist, and the voice you think is God is really a hallucination.

>ready to return to church since becoming redpilled

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lutheran in america is degenerate in 2017 they sold out to the nwo mega church organization and support abortion and women pastors and gay marriage and shit lmao

u want non denominational independent or baptist

as far as joining a church for the women or to avoid degenercy that has nothing to do with the bible and god so you can just become a catholic and then go to hell

Orthodoxy or Lutheranism

not KEKTHOLICISM

lcms.org/
get woke my lad

>lutheranism

I've been considering Eastern Orthodox, but I'm very uncomfortable with the Mary-as-Mediator doctrine, praying to saints, and iconography in general.

ACNA, perhaps?
ive been thinking about this also.
old school anglicans.

Go with your heart. I however im personally non denominational.

>be catholic
>not having russian soldier that declined to take of his cross against jihadists and got executed as a saint
why live

Anyone got more Christ chan?

>red pilled
>Organized religion and church
>Pick one faggot

Die nigger

Watch this, you'll understand.

Identity Crisis- Passion for Truth Ministries
>youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g

not trying to be biased, but you might seriously consider a lutheran church
the fact that you're thinking orthodoxy will be consolation while being uncomfortable with several major parts of their doctrine is probably due to Sup Forums memeing about orthodoxy being based and traditional
if you have any questions, i'd be happy to answer as best i can

IMPERIAL CREED

Wicca girls are probably the most bluepilled crazies alive.

Follow as close to the 1st century church as you can.

for me i became a christian when i was actually convinced Jesus was the son of god because of evidence

and thats what caused me to call on Jesus to be my savior

when i was beginning to see that the bible and Jesus was the actual truth of the world

because first i was seeing satan doing things in the world and the book of revelation and tons of things that are impossible to be happening without the bible being true

so it was an intellectual proposition that i accepted

i think believe means what it means, you believe it to be true

and then the thing you have to actually believe is the gospel

not just that there is a god

Only real religions not LARPfest for morbidly obese women in tie-dyed muumuus

Tune your ear to Gnosticism, you'll never hear anything else.

And I don't mean that in a meme way. Spend some time with the material, spend some time with yourself (even more important).

Pick the Christian flavor if you want to attend church, easily doable if you are protestant.

Buddhism

Life is suffering. When you give up attachments to material things you will reach Nirvana. When you reach Nirvana you won't have to come back again.

Cool.
So I understand Tradition does have authority. What I have trouble with is what happens when it comes in conflict with Scripture.
Here's the question: Why do you pray for intercession from Mary and the Saints when Scripture (1 Timothy 2:15 in specific) says that Christ is the only Mediator between Man and God? And what prevents this from becoming idolatry if you are praying to someone other than God?

>falling for the religion jew

>falling for the materialism jew

>I can hear god calling me back
Take your medication user

Catholic is the only choice. You already have been baptized, thats the hardest part.

I was thinking that the Buddha is portrayed as a jolly fat man usually, but monks tend take good care of their hide and stay in good shape. Are they not too attached to their physical bodies? Shouldn't they just let themselves go and be happy? They always seem so serious too.

Once a Catholicuck will always be a Catholicuck, remember only Catholicism is true Christian religion other denomination are either retarded or heretics that should be burned at the stake

The hardest part is actually changing your sinful ways and confessing to your loved ones the sins you committed against them.

you only have to confess sins to your priest and accept forgiveness, sure you may sin again we are still imperfect humans but we need the Lord's grace and mercy

I meant in terms of becoming part of the Church, not becoming a perfect person.

mystic, gnostic, unitarian

Why not just name it the United Church of Contrarians?

>And you can't become Jewish because of "Genetic heritage"
I mean you can, there isn't some sort of secret Jewish cabal that has a list of Jews and Jewish synagogues vary in how devout they are. Plenty of rabbis have no problem accepting gentiles into the faith, other rabbis will only support conversion when someone marries into the faith, and some Orthodox Jews won't accept any gentiles as converts.

I mean I wouldn't recommend Judaism but if you really want to be a faithful practicing Jew convert at a liberal temple and eventually go to a more conservative temple and tell them how you want to get serious about religion again. Like I said there isn't some big list of Jews that every rabbi has.

t. man who married a Jewess and whose sons are God's chosen people

To save your soul, yes, that's all you need. But ideally a true follower of Christ confesses to the people they sinned to.

James 5:16:
>Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.

Just saying, Evangelicals in the US are the most vocal supporters of Israel.

How does one even read the Bible?

It's free online. Christians are very eager to spread the Gospel as well, so you could probably just ask any church.

Orthodoxy. I respect catholicism though. Protestantism isn't christianity.

Why?

Mormon

Same guy as . I switched machines.
See

Half n half here friend. Can't call myself an atheist as I believe in something, can't dedicate myself to a church as it clashes with my conscience, yet not completely pagan either. Still finding my way. I do find the old religions eg Norse, more to my suiting

Mary isn't intercessor. You ask her to pray for you you don't pray to her. It's like asking a friend to pray for you except this friend is theotokos or a saint

Read through this and see if orthodoxy feels right

Orthodox pastebin
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Orthodox asceticism/mysticism
Hesychasm is a mystical tradition of prayer in the Orthodox Church. It is described in great detail in the Philokalia,citation needed a compilation of what various saints wrote about prayer and the spiritual life.
orthodoxwiki.org/Hesychasm

The goal is to obtain theosis (unity with the lord). This is achieved through 3 steps
>Catharsis/Purification
>Theoria/Illumination
> Theosis/Divinization

REQUIRED READING
>Philokalia
>Sayings of the desert father's
>The orthodox way by Metropolitan Ware
>The ascent of Mt Caramel by st John of the cross. (Catholic I know but the carmalites are based of the desert fathers)

>Form for converts
saintandrew.net/files/catechumen info/Catechumen_Renunciations_and_Affirmations_Form.pdf

>Orthodox cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU [Open]

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic services
youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo [Open]

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic Liturgical hymns
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZtkrU0s [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=XN6UNVwlRbk [Open]

>Media Attacks Orthodox Church
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0

>Putin's faith in his own words
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk [Open]

>Verses backing up veneration and intercession
Exodus 18:7
Joshua 7:6
1 Kings 13:6

>Based Patriarch
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk [Open]

If you're asking her to pray *for* you, isn't she acting as a mediator, though? Why don't you just pray directly to Christ?

You pray that Mary prays for you, it is an act of intercession. The, at least Catholic understanding, is "to Jesus through Mary" not just "to Mary".

Mary's intercession is presumably high favored by God because of the extreme pain and sacrifice she went though in life, contrasted with her own Immaculate Nature, and her unparalled love of Christ.

Iconography is part of tradition, and is older then almost anything else. There are paintings in the catacombs of Rome of saints and Jesus, likely done by the same groups that were being massacred periodically.

You do that too but prayer is more powerful as a church. Do you not ever ask someone to pray for you? Do you view asking people to prayer for you as bad? The church has the view that there is no such thing as too much prayer and it is good to pray for each other.

if you can hear god, you have a mental illness

*tips fedora*

I meant how should it be read?

Actually science shows that being an athiest is a mental illness and delusional for the brain

but 10% of my moneys

Sikhs aren't vegetarian.

Citation required. Oh, you have none? Then zip it, believer.

Catholic.

mormon or anabaptist

Catholic or orthodox

Give me the citation for your hypothesis and I'll provide one for mine

>"Which denomination should I become?"
>asking Sup Forums

You have already chosen my child

Catholics are turbo-cucked, go Orthodox.

Not a protestant or evangelical

>or worse, crazy sci-fy
Mormon & scientology

Oh. If you're new, I would recommend starting with the New Testament, considering Christianity is based on the Good News of the Gospel. You won't understand any of the Old Testament references, but the Epistles (the majority of the New Testament) are letters written mostly for ancient Greeks who had never read the Old Testament at all, so you should be okay starting off there.

It also is a must that you join a Bible study or a church to help you along. It can sometimes be easy to miss deeper meanings in Scripture or even make misinterpretations, so reading in a group ensures you follow the right path.

I hate church communities. You think people like you but it turns out they were just being good Christians. It's an act to convert you. Why would I want to be friends with people who are kind to me because of a perceived cosmological award? They'll forfeit my friendship if they think their prize is at stake. A friendship may seem cheap compared to an eternity, but at least there's proof for the former.

What really irks me is when people assert that their ethics come from God's word. If you need a binding code not to fuck other people over you're scum, even if you go to Heaven. God is a piece of a shit too, so you'll be in good company.

I dislike protestants too.

>A lot of young men are becoming Eastern Orthodox Christians.

I keep hearing of Catholics doing this. Fucking retarded traitors. Just be a Traditionalist Catholic, and attend the Latin Mass exclusively. Their priests are always redpilled. None of that modernist liberal bullshit there. Leaving the church, isn't the answer.

You're being an edgelord, but you got a point. Sometimes the forced niceties can get annoying. If you stand alone waiting for someone just a couple of seconds after a service, people will approach you from all sides and chat you up like you're a good friend of theirs. It really makes me feel more like a burden than it helps sometimes desu.

>becoming religious over memes
What a fucking retard.

>Which denomination should I become?
The gassed kind.

this

these idiots are fucking priceless

This is true. Catholicism doesn't maintain any pretensions. You are here to suffer and the path is open to alleviate it through faith. My great grandmother went through a lot of pain in the last ten years of her life, and I can only imagine that her religion gave her strength.

That being said, I find suffering easier to bear when I don't have to feel guilt towards a being with infinite power to alleviate it. I'm not asking for a miracle. I just want to die. But if there's nothing after death, I can accept this is as good as it gets and live.

>A lot of young men are becoming Eastern Orthodox Christians.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if this has ANYTHING to do with the confirmed and well-known fact that Sup Forums was targeted by a Russian influence campaign in 2016

>Been an atheist for 6 years, and I think im ready to come out of my edgy phase and return to church
People who voluntarily, knowingly delude themselves are the worst kinds of people. Whenever somebody calls me an edgy atheist, I'll remember you, the dumb faggot who voluntarily decided to become a Christian due to peer pressure on an American hentai forum.