Australian House Meme

Ok, so you can now buy an overpriced piece of shit using pre-tax earnings. How does this help?

>horrid accents
>giant spiders
>horrible weather
>ugly cities
>high cost of living

I'm so thankful I wasn't born in that shithole

Here is my idea to use super to buy a house.

> under 40's only
> can use a max 50% of SGC super in an offset account
> up to max of $100k per person (2 people)
> max of 10yrs

So, 2 people with $100k each in super buy a house. They have $100k in an offset account. @5%they save $5k/year in repayments.

Banks get liquidity, buyers save interest.

Fucking simple

Oh burger, enjoy being a non-white country real soon

Shameless self bump. Get in here, ausfags.

Next GFC is coming soon.

Sydney is crazy - I don't know how anyone can afford it. I earn $100k, my wife earns $70k, and we could not buy anything within 80kms of Sydney CBD and have any quality of life.

Brissie is where it's at - we nearly own our freehold house 10k from the CBD.

Problem with this is that super money is part of the fuel on the housing fire. SMSFs buy at the retail level, while industry super invests in concrete monstrosities. Right now, this is a huge part of our economy.

If you force super to become mortgage offset, there is less money and the market deflates. I am personally okay with this, but the point of this deal is to make people richer, not everyone homeless in a busted economy.

>soon

You mean NOW

Brisbane has close to zero private sector jobs, its all government.

Fuck Brisbane.

I make 930/day, wife makes $140. Neither have a degree. Making money in Sydney is easy.

But that is beside the point. Thoughts on my idea?

>living in multikult Shitney

You deserve the prices hombre

Bathurst Masterrace

First home buyers prob have fuck all. I had maybe 140k when I bought my place. Not gonna cause a market crash.

Plus (((they))) still get the dollaroos. Nothing real changes

Enjoy shitty earnings and lots of ice fuckwits, bruh.

You are basically redirecting a huge sum of money invested reasonably well into what is effectively a mortgage backed security. At best it will continue to inflate a market at breaking point, at worst its GFC #2. Read up on burgers that lost their 401k.

Just asking - what do you do? People with stable jobs don't measure their earnings on a daily rate.

We are not Lithgow and/or western Sydney

>shitty earnings

Smug ignorant city fags are the worst

>Overpriced
Suck it up, the market has decided the value.
Being poor = Being less deserving of goods

Melbourne and sydney house prices make me laugh pretty hard. Country life is fucking comfy and piss easy to own a home

Either build new cities or ban Asians

>Country life is fucking comfy and piss easy to own a home

t. Abdul Mao Fu Jalalabad

not redirecting money, offsetting interest.

Now, we know (((they))) won't like that, but they still get the capital. The average family just pays less interest.

On the job front, I have a 12 month contract, 5 days/week. Been doing it for 12 years, its pretty stable and comfy, mate.

t. Silverspoon faggot

Market hasn't decided shit. The government has been fucking with "the market" for years keeping this bubble going.

They need to take their fingers out of it and let prices adjust without any tax incentives or interference. Fat chance with around 70% of our parliamentarians benefiting from the system they have created.

Fuck off Achmed.

You think the average convict just has a million or 2 sitting around?

Fuck, we used to, but with the Emu reparations plus the rape-tax, we are fucking poor now.

also..........really fucking full.

Why not do both?

>You are basically redirecting a huge sum of money invested reasonably well into what is effectively a mortgage backed security.
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS
Super is bad enough considering something like 60% of it is contributing to the housing bubble, now we want to make it even worse?

I can't wait for the government to come out and say "We've lost 90% of your super".

>Boohooo I should be able to live wherever I want. Why should it matter that I can't exchange nearly as much value for the home as others are able to.

Bump

>Sit down at table
>See some plant thingy sitting there
>Oh wow, garnish!
>Eat it
>Get beheaded because you just ate the equivalent of 65 years of work
>GET OVER IT, TULIP PRICES ARE PERFECT, EARN MORE YOU JEALOUS LOSER

How exactly has the government been propping up prices?

Why shouldn't I get to decide how much money I require to part with my home?

Negative gearing. Make a loss on an investment property and reduce your tax bill.

Make it up later with capital gains.

let me give you a quick run-down

> majority of state government taxes are in housing taxes
> Offer Gooks citizenship if they buy a house
> offer $15k gibs to first home buyers
> live in a massive fucking country, but gov says you can't build a house in 99.99% of it

No one is asking for price controls, just that we shouldn't prop up an unsustainable market.

I'm sure with a steady influx of skilled migrants integrating peacefully that house prices in Malmö are skyrocketing.

What in the hell are you talking about? I have 2 private sector jobs. Literally all of my jobs have been in the private sector.

>shithole
>houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners
>1 out of every 32 of burgers were either in prison or on parole from prison at the end of 2002
>More than 1.57 million inmates behind bars as of December 31, 2013
>In 2016 about 2,298,300 people were incarcerated
Mad respect my fellow prison colony resident

Once again, fuck I hate Australia

>restricting the allocation of housing zones deliberately so that supply is limited and housing prices skyrocket
>bringing in hundreds of thousands of people yearly so demand skyrockets
>deliberately restricting the development of all new industry so that housing increases in value
>bringing in foreign investors with massive amounts of capital to prop up housing prices

literally every politician in this country has money in our housing market, they are all vested in keeping prices high.

They are and that would be fine by me if it weren't for the government taking property off the market to do it.

The problem is, the state governments only give a flying fuck about housing in the city areas. They want as many people crammed into unaffordable housing and up to their eyeballs in debt. That way they can rely on the government to look after them and thus the cycle continues.

Only teachers can afford to live there though.

Thanks for the explanation! I do agree that subsidizing housing and industry and building restriction are complete bullshit.

contractor scum! Senior BA/ Dev/Test