Why shouldnt the US move towards a UK style healthcare system?

Give me ONE (1) good reason the US shouldnt do this.
PROTIP- You literally cant

niggers

15-20 percent more taxes

nhs will go bancrupt in an months

america operates over budget and has for decades

europe hasnt for nearly as long and europe doesnt really use its military

we can only afford it if we dont really use our military like europe and canada. like we just put our seal of approval on shit and 1 day our of 3 years we fly some planes near some shit and get shot down in the mediterranean by a russia surface to air missile like france

What is the VA health care system? Failed government programs for $600, Alex.

didnt we literally just pass a law that does the opposite of this

I don't want to pay for fatties

No one has the "right" to healthcare you fucking communist

Only because the conservatives are massively underfunding it

literally all this

The NHS could be great but its crumbling at the minute.

We spend millions treating Nigerians with weird tropical diseases that fly over here for free treatment. We also fund treatment for the obese, alcoholics and other degenerates as well as bullshit like boob jobs whilst genuinely ill people are left to die outside the hospital.

It could work if we got some fucking sense but right now its just shit show.

to avoid being a nanny state

not an argument
isnt paying a little more in taxes worth fewer dead babies and a higher quality of life?
Because the government isnt funding it enough
Why not instead invest more in healthcare instead of blowing up a brown country every decade or so?
We can improve that with what we learn from NHS
and people are going to die because of it
not an argument
but surely the most prosperous nation on earth has the resources and intelligence to provide quality healthcare to its citizens
>die of perfectly treatable disease
>a-at least the gubmint didnt get me!
pathetic

Americunt pigs would rather eat ten tonne of shit in wal mart walking round with shit stains spreading round their old navy shorts than consider those less fortunate than themselves. It's laughable and very third world. I look down my nose at their porcine short sighted fecundity.

bit rude lad

>die of perfectly treatable disease

This doesn't happen you stupid fuck. The vast majority of Americans have health insurance. Something like the NHS turns the entire country into a nanny state where the government bans or heavily taxes anythibg remotely dangerous to health. The UK and Cuckstralia are prime examples.

>don't want to pay for fatties is not an argument

Well you can kindly go kill yourself sir.

>People are going to die
Well maybe if they didnt do dumb sht or actually tried to pay for their own crap they wouldnt end up in that situation.

>implying getting govt covered healthcare actually means getting treated
No anything the govt does turns to shite and healthcare is no exception. The payments and wait times are insanely high. Even if you are covered, you cant use the healthcare. You die anyway but waste more of your own and other people's money while you're doing that.

Ill tell you why.

Because your federal government doesnt have the financial resources to fund healthcare for 300m+ people.

Especially not with a violent crime rate per capita that makes us look at you like you look at Chicago.

You could argue that more of the budget could go to health rather than military spending, but lets be honest, theres a really good fucking reason why they spend that much on military.

Jokes on you. Canada's universal healthcare system recently acquired its second MRI machine. Wait times are down to a measly 2.5 years. Our measles epidemic however shows no signs of slowing.

Kek

you forgot the inbreeding pakis

Fuck, where's the new MRI?!?!

Moose Factory. The Indian reservations in the area give us a great opportunity to use our MRI to study the effects of huffed up petrol fumes on the brains of lower primates.

No way I can get to Ontario on such short notice, guess I'm going to have to wait until they get one in the Maritimes sometime in the next 40 years or so. It'd be quicker than walking.

Funny thing, this debate has been going on for all of my life that I can remember. That's 40 odd years.

"Free health care? Do you want to be over taxed and get shitty care like those fags in Canada and England? No way. It won't work! It'll run out of money. Just watch when it happens to them."

Fourty odd years. Canadians and Britfags still have NHC. It hasn't bankrupted.

Now perhaps they are on a lucky streak but I'm getting tired of hearing the same arguements.

Trickle down economics has been rollilng around for 30 odd years too... I'm still waiting to see it trickle down.

Folks on the right need a new song.

based leafs

Yeah there were a lot of fucking pakis at the hospital last time I went

imagine the VA on a national scale

NHSfag here, work in A&E as an HCA.

The NHS is a fucking terrible system for the staff, the patient and the taxpayer.

For the taxpayer the whole system is incredibly wasteful and inflated due to no incentive to perform or save money which causes everlasting bloating, this is why the system keeps asking for more and more and more money. For example I work for a moderately sized trust with has about two dozen IT staff to manage a shit-tier computer system that looks like it was built in the late 90's, another dozen women who work on the HCA bank when the job could be done by 2-3 people alongside layers and layers of management who justify and try to keep themselves relevant by saying we need all of the bullshit. On top of this nobody actually wants to fucking work for the the NHS so money is pissed away on agency nursing staff.

The nursing and junior medical staff are treated like disposable garbage, if you work as an HCA it's VERY rare that you'll progress onto a RN position and and if you do, you have to PAY to WORK as a student nurse. So you might ask, how are the vacancies filled?

The unpalatable truth which nobody seems to point out is that they're filled by third world ''nurses'' who have shit-tier degrees which can't hold a light to the Western standard of nursing. Most of them can speak, but not write in English and have to be taught on the job to do basic nursing tasks and us HCA's are often used as translators. I've got so many stories about immigrant RN's working for my trust which would be seen as a fucking scandal if the press got a hold of them.

It causes us English born HCA's with aspirations to become an RN to lose all morale and turn away from the NHS for good, it's hard to stick at a job when being bossed about by an immigrant who's being paid more with less education, the turnover rates for HCA's and carers are ridiculous.

Ignorant fucks like OP who live in a liberal fairyland turn my stomach.

God bless the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.

i actually dont get why repubicans just dont give in on climate change and national healthcare. liberals would have nothing substantial to use against republicans. plus a sick nation is not a strong nation.

people have been saying that for years now. if that does ever happen it will be because of misdirected or mis-spent funds anyway

>isnt paying a little more in taxes worth fewer dead babies and a higher quality of life?

If you gave a choice, then sure.

Forcing people to do it goes against freedom.

If enough people care, then they should fund it, right?