What are your thoughts on net neutrality? Should we save it?

What are your thoughts on net neutrality? Should we save it?

Other urls found in this thread:

advocacy.mozilla.org/en-US/net-neutrality?utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_medium=snippet&utm_campaign=net-neutrality&utm_term=6582&utm_content=rel&sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=6582
engadget.com/2017/04/26/fcc-chairman-outlines-his-plan-to-gut-net-neutrality/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes because we who actually know the internet will be the ones really affected. retard normies who only use facebook and youtube won't care

there is no internet left. so neutrality is another fake concept from directed energy warfare dictionary. Notice internet nowadays resembles the part of internet 20 years ago called AOL community. Everyone on IRC would denigrate those with aol ip addresses as they would be so clueless.

This is a fucking survey is it not?

fuck this gay earth

I don't get it really. Are we the first country to consider getting rid of net neutrality? Surely there must be some other countries that don't have net neutrality, are they doing okay?

its a discussion you CIA nigger

I think Net Neutrality is very important I just don't think Pres. Trump putting Amit Varadaraj Pai who yes was a Verizon exec. But that doesn't really mean that Trump is going after Net Neutrality however we should pay close attention to his appointment and act when needed

shit is fucked.

Anyone who wants to get rid of Net Neutrality is an idiot who blindly follows Trump to their deaths.

Reminder the "God-Emperor" kept the DACA in place.

>What are your thoughts on net neutrality?
it's trash
government shouldn't have its tentacles in isp's business practices

agreed and the time is now

advocacy.mozilla.org/en-US/net-neutrality?utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_medium=snippet&utm_campaign=net-neutrality&utm_term=6582&utm_content=rel&sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=6582

you stupid stupid pawn

But he said he would let the DACA kids stay on the campaign trail. Outside of putting Varadaraj in the FCC Chair position where is the evidence he is going after Net Neutrality. If and when he does we act but not until then

It's pretty essential and I'm willing to lynch Ajit Pai if he gets rid of it.

>ur stupid
ok, opinion noted

No, if it was a survey there would be a strawpoll link.

One and done.

There are other countries without it, but they have more than 2-3 ISPs to choose from in a given area. So they have a choice to go to one that doesn't slow their traffic to the websites they visit. We already have a borderline Monopoly held by ISPs this would just make it 10x worse.

fpbp
Net neutrality is a must.

i want it to go away just for the luls

he tryin

You don't deserve net neutrality and it's only a matter of time.

And you guys don't deserve to live, y'all lost to a bunch of birds it doesn't get worse than that

Don't get rid of net neutrality

It's shit not having net neutrality policy

The emus are a proud warrior race and there's no shame in losing to them.

fuck. this sucks.

>pay isp
>netflix pays isp
>comcast wants me to pay to access netflix
I'll pass

engadget.com/2017/04/26/fcc-chairman-outlines-his-plan-to-gut-net-neutrality/

Keep saying that user, you still lost to a bunch of birds. Haven't seen the us loose to unarmed less intelligent combatents have you?

You're the idiot. Net neutrality is something no one asked for rammed down our throats by Wheeler and Obama.

When has anything Obama supported turned out for the better? Why would the internet be regulated under a 1930's railroad law?

So you want ISPs to decide what websites you should get good connection speeds to? Have fun with that

>Net neutrality didn't exist until Obama

Opinion disregarded.

You wouldn't have his home address on hand, would you?

Actually, don't tell me. I'll probably do something stupid with it.

Are you an idiot or just pretending?

Net neutrality was established in 2004 by moving ISPs from Title I to Title II. Obama didn't take office until 2009. In this way, internet fell under the same laws as phone lines as telephone companies couldn't decline calls from other networks.

I wish you did you're homework about these things before making these kinds of statements. It makes you look all kinds of stupid.

see

Why do you Americans want to get net neutrality?

It's really shitty not having polices to prevent monopoly. The company that provides me Internet blocked discord voice chat because the company doesn't like it when people don't pay money using phone. And they also tried to block skype.

And the their competitor are a scum like them

Net nuetrality stops what you just said user. That's why we want to keep it

>wanting the internet to be regulated by the FCC so that the Internet must be FCC compliant
>not questioning why Jewgle of all companies wants this

Remember kids; always do the opposite of what jews say

No because the solution to big monopolistic companies is not more regulation.

Big corporations will gladly eat a regulation or two every few years just to make sure there is zero competition in the market.

When was the last time anyone thought that starting up a new internet company was anywhere near plausible?

Government and buisness work topgether to scratch each others backs, regulations makes the government look like the good guy and it makes established corporations be safe from competition while also looking like they got punished sufficiently.

Search up "Bootlegers and baptists" by Bruce Yandle.

The only way to fix our internet problems is to first cut down all the regulations that are preventing new competition from entering the market, then if that is not sufficient break up the big monopolistic corps, comcast, timewarner ect.

see

i mean fucking cmon who the fuck does that hes literally either a fucking 300 iq genius or a fucking autist

>being this much of an inbred retard
You're exactly the reason people publicly ridicule Trump-voters in real life. Read a book for once in your life.

Slight flaw in your logic user, do you have any idea how expensive it is to start up an ISP company? You have to lay all your own cables for internet, there are no preexisting ones to use. It's very hard to create competition because it's so pricey to start up business.

I wannna be able to talk to my friends while playing video games dammit

user I wasn't arguing you, net nutrality prevents your ISP from blocking your discord and Skype. It's a good thing, it keeps all connections open and untapured

All the companies used the same copper lines that were in place previously, sure its different now with fiber coming up but I'm talking local internet companies, kinda like your one favorite bakery that is nowhere else in the states.

Successful ones will spread over time, they don't need to drop billions just to immediately cover over multiples states

>either a fucking 300 iq genius or a fucking autist

why not both?

Whatever le current year man says, do the opposite

yes.

Nowbody has the right to own thoughts. Thats the first step towards tyranny.

it might be easier to just nationalize all the internet infrastructure like they did in south korea. Apparently, internet speeds are excellent there.

What you mean is why we want net neutrality
People want to remove it, which would cause your state of being
See
If they can turn a profit by forcing you to pay for access to more of the internet, they will

I'm not arguing with you I'm just mad, user.

I really want net neutrality in this country

wouldnt be a problem if skype and consumers had more options to look towards instead of having to rely in big daddy government to "regulate" for them :)

So, separate access, let the larger companies destroy themselves when more and more people use local solutions, and then have to rely on said local solutions to NOT fuck it up with restrained access, and cutoff a vast majority who do not have said local solutions
Right
Of course

Sounds like a pain in the ass considering how large our land area is

I believe the FCC non compete clause for public utilities is being lifted by moving ISP regulation under the Federal Trade Commission so it should end up being open season for ISPs. More competitive better product.

>local internet companies

And there's the problem. Under net neutrality, an ISP has to treat data from a small, local company the same as it was from anywhere else.

Without NN, a large ISP can simply refuse to connect to a small ISP which means anyone using the smaller ISP wouldn't be able to connect with anyone not part of that small network.

But it's very difficult for new companies to start up, and ISPs already rub each other's backs to drive up prices. EU countries have 2x the internet speed for half the price because they don't have greedy cucks for ISPs and more options to go to. The regulations exist so these few companies can't have total control. Competitors can still emerge in this environment

they wouldn't be able to turn a profit if there was more than 1 damn internet company per state, they would try to get profit and end up losing money to competitors if they attempted such an act with more companies present

It would make sense, but remember that Korea is essentially not much larger than one state
The U.S is an enormous landmass

Possibly, but we have the money for it and the demand. Most of the infrastrucure is in place already so all we really need to do is to buy it up.

>That means the big guys can afford to buy their way in
Bane?

That's not going to stop them from doing it
Too many gullible people are going to stick with one single company, pay for rising prices as more and more is restrained because they want them to use their lines, such as the discord/phone that one Arab guy said, or YouTube v. Their cable, etc.

Lol see I know, that's the problem.

But they are also far, far poorer. We've got something like 17x their GDP.

Yes Net Neutrality is good, we need it

What I also meant was the varying landscapes across the landmass causing more problems

nah lets let it die and go back to 56k internet and wait for 10 minutes for images to load...

Why wouldn't somebody look and see "oh this one is offering the same coverage but 30$ cheaper" and then switch?

Do you really have such little faith that people will not make one phone call to save some monthly shekel?

NN does nothing for this though. It's not even a bandaid on a bullet wound, it's a bandaid on the perfectly healthy guy next to you

Reminder Sup Forums will be the first thing hit by the regulations.

Yes and no. The Korean peninsula is very hilly which makes it harder to work with. Much of our flatland would be easy to string up with fiber optic lines.

No. It is the only reason why our governments don't get anything done anymore.

Yes 17x their GDP, but a whopping fucking 98x their land area in size.

Year or multi-year contracts and lack of availability in certain regions.

Yes
I actually do have that little faith
I don't think you know people user

Cancellation fees, year long contracts, no other options other than moving which costs even more money, no availability of local solutions, too far from any other solution, etc.

Yea its more of when you have 100 people in the ER all who showed up at the exact same time 99 of them have bullet wounds and 1 of them who has a small cut that might need a few stitches, however the man who needs the 2 stitches will get the bandied before the other 99 because he happens to be absurdly rich

Yet another problem that would be solved if there was more competition in the ISP market

Why we need free market competition, impossible with NN

>no options

Doctor user prescribes "a competitive market"

That doesn't guarantee that local solutions are going to pop up everywhere
You're still cutting off a large amount of people from access and leaving them stuck with larger companies restraining access

Unless ISP market is fucked up monopoly.
And from what I heard burger ISPs are fucked up monopolists.

Would solve the multi-year contracts but not the lack of availability. Without NN, an ISP can simply refuse to sell the poles that carry the lines. No access, no competition.

You should pay money for a connection

You pay more, you get more speed, ideally up to 1gbps

No data caps or 'fast lanes'

Data caps on mobile are probably a good idea, but should be cheaper.

>impossible with NN
Why?

The lines are technically public domain. ISPs are public utility provider hence the non competes and regional monopolies

Here's the thing. And it always comes back to ideology.
John "The Cuck" Oliver, wants more government control over the web (so in the future dems can vote to censor conservatives and libertarians). Trump wants to leave the net to the free market ISPs so they may give competitive prices for the sake of the economy and for people.
It's a free market vs control ideology here. And Johnny boy has misled millions.

Exactly, this why Trump is giving the the Federal Trade Commission control over ISPs. Independent of the Fed and all about consumer control and competition.

this.

So you want the government involved in deciding how ISP's do business, give the government power to censor content on the internet, and be forced to pay higher rates to subsidize running fiber optic cables to some guys farm out in the middle of nowhere?

Have fun with that.

You're an idiot and dont even know what planet you're living on. Net neutrality is a piece of regulation passed by Tom Wheeler that has several hundred pages. You fell for the reddit meme and dont actually know whats in the regulation.

I bet you think the affordable care act made healthcare more afdordable too. Hey if we make the name sound good it must be good legislation.

No it doesnt.

I suggest moving from a third world country and/or finding another ISP.

You're an idiot. Your flag is a leaf. Your prime minister is a cuck. Your country has no jobs and no future. Please do lecture me more about how much you love to have the governments dick in your mouth.

checked

It's bad because Trump and Sup Forums told me its bad. Only cucks and commies disagree with me.

>just summed up 98% of this thread

I am yet to see any argument for net neutrality.
It's always just leftist memes showing cars driving down a highway, as if that is an argument.

Why don't we have TV neutrality?