Are women just too smart to be computer scientists?

>Another interpretation is there are systematic differences between teenage boys and teenage girls in verbal and written skills. Young women moved away from enrolling in computer science because they could make better use of their superior written and verbal skills in medicine and law. Computer science is for those with inferior social skills, on average.

>As for computers in the early days been marketed to men and boys, people with inferior verbal and reading skills would be attracted to sitting in front of the computer playing games because of their inferior social skills. Computers were expensive back in the 80s so marketing them to people with fewer social skills is sensible as they were more willing to spend money to fill the extra time they spend on their own.

>The difference in reading and verbal skills between girls and boys at the age of 15 is equal to 6-months extra schooling. Six months schooling explains a lot of the wage gaps on ethnic, racial and gender lines. Not surprisingly, fewer women do computer science because their superior reading and verbal skills qualify them for medicine and law where they can take greater advantage of their mix of talents.

>It is all about being the best you can be. As many women as men ending up in STEM occupations does not necessarily mean people are making the choices that help them be the best they can be because some women may not be taking advantage of their superior reading skills.

utopiayouarestandinginit.com/2015/03/02/are-women-just-too-smart-to-be-computer-scientists/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FD3xbJSKHVc
cdn.freedomainradio.com/FDR_3228_Call_In_Show_11_Mar_2016.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah.

Smarter than the droves of males willing to give them half their paychecks.

I hope whoever wrote that doesn't think they have superior written and verbal skills.

>the author is male, so no

Well computers are hardcore logic fetishes, and women need that FEEL in order to communicate properly with a computer. That's why social media is so popular, women can do well in social environments even when digital. It just FEELS better to them.

So they've got a great FEELING for interactions, but coding them? Don't even let them near it.
How'd you think Ubisoft got a reputation for having shit netcode in its games?

Wow! That's a very interesting way to skin a cat.

Let's eat the brain of the whore who wrote this in order to gain her super-bullshit powers

oh.

>reading and verbal

wow, it's literally nothing

iq is a measure of logic and geometry/math skills - are you literally retarded enough to believe an iq test measures verbal and social skills?

>tfw to intelligent to be a computer scientist

Just like with college "intellectuals", if you're "too smart" to produce anything of value, you're a useless piece of shit. No one cares if you think you're smarter

Amazing. You can see the linear correlation at work here

it's almost like men and women are different and suited to different things or something. Who would have thought.

>Are women just too smart to be computer scientists?

I fucking hope so. Hate working with women.

And exactly how are the social skills the author of OPs article based on? Literally feels. Literally, I feel good around this person and bad around this person.

>iq test measures verbal and social skills
Didn't say anything, only posting relevant stats, also note the SAT scores are similar to the IQ chart.

why think when you can feel? And I feel that everyone is the same. Also I feel like having ice cream for breakfast.

False, IQ measures general intelligence. A person with a high IQ can do ANYTHING better than a person with a lower IQ.
Unless you're one of those idiots that believes in multiple intelligence's like a faggot.

This. What good is stroking your own ego and claiming you are mentally superior if you can't do anything Fucking useful with your intellect.

"girls are smarter"

"amirite girls?"

"someone plz respond"

>my genius comes from points not measured on any clinical IQ test
>my genius is my feels
>you don't have enough feels
>I'm """smarter""" than you
>now I must dismiss your genius because feels more important

It always astounds me how far dumb people will go to justify their idiocy.

Top kek, these two posts just debunked the entire post and article. Women having better social skills doesnt make them smarter.

Basically an excuse for women doing shit in computer science.
>tfw you're a women so you're too intelligent for computer science

why do woman ruin everything. Why can't they just leave things as they are. Gotta stir the fucking pot all the time.

> seen 07:55

This, (((verbal IQ))) or whatever shit is all nonscientific meme.
People with better math skills tend to be good with language too.

yes if an intelligent person wants to waste their time doing toilet cleaning I'm sure they'd be great at it.

I guess you could say the article is unintentionally pushing for gender roles and for men taking up traditionally male subjects, such as computer sciences. The only reason theyre rpeporting on this is because they feel this is a good oppurutnity to bash men as socially inept, although in doing so they reveal that men are better at harder subjects.

and yet salesmen still make more than engineers

>women are worse at analytical thinking but better at talking gibberish 24/7
STOP THE PRESSES

>can blahblah but not understand shit's she's babbling about
>too smart

saged and hidden

a fool and his money are easily parted, engineers don't typically work for fools

IT guy here
20 years of experience
(not poo either, I am under proxy because reasons)

I am a fucking pro, I optimize performance in sql

in all those years
only one woman was above me in many aspects

I know a couple that as slightly bellow me, but very slow and commit many errors, but still good final delivery

others only do basic functions or managerial procedures

ask me anything

That's not even remotely true. You're literally proving my point

do you poo in the loo?

Why are you proxying as poo

Do you poo in the loo?

>salesMEN
hmm

some jerk got whole IP range banned
got a proxy
most proxies are restricted by Sup Forums and captcha
india proxies IP as not traced yet

>coding
>not needing excellent language skills
The PC does EXACTLY what you tell it to do. The biggest problem in that field is that people fail to be precise enough in their "wording".

Yeah, sometimes I'm also rangebanned for no reason.

>Unless you're one of those idiots that believes in multiple intelligence's like a faggot.

there is Stefan Molyneux podcast
about emotional inteligence and
how he debunks it

also, can you guess what race was the guy who wrote "emotional inteligence"???

Women don't have better social skills either. They just get free pass in society no matter how autistic they are because they have vagina. It's impossible to fail with an advantage like that because social skill is just seeking approval which women don't need to fight for.

Women could do it technically, but mostly men are obsessive enough to atrophy before a computer screen to solve a puzzle. I know my mother had to physically drag me from my SNES to make me stop playing. It's not so much different when I started programming. I don't give a fuck if they're more talented, in the end it's just pure endurance and interest.

> Are women just too retarded to be computer scientist?
Fix it 4U

also truth

and companies need BOSSES
not LEADERS are faggots call to it

BOSSES need to yell sometimes to make things work

>Are women to smart to code?
Suuuuure I'm sure this is the reason they are bad with basic logic. Just far too smart for it.

>L/bPebin
>ebin
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>but there are more import things then logic

this.
>make a completely unfunny and misinformed comment on the current topic of discussion
>three thirsty guys laugh about it anyway because their brain is currently in fuck-mode and not fully functional

>i can't code for shit because i'm too smart!

poo in the loo

We should start promoting this though. You ladies are way too smart to do anything but be in the kitchen. The kitchen is where all the most intelligent people go.

it could be a command line batch code to delete some files
I now its garbage, but still code

Interesting point, goleman is the one who brought up EQ and SQ. Which he isnt an idiot i dont think, got the psychology credentials anyway but uh certainly IQ is the best, right?

in universiy in
first year 54% women
last year 12% women
they just give up
those who lasted, also don't code

Coding yes, programming no. Not just women but for the most of men it just fries the brain. Women simply don't have that many of outliers because they all tend to be painfully average. Some of the most outstanding programmers and physicists I know are women but they are statistical irregularity.

I can't there is a witch there

wow, now I see

>India flag
>IT
>Proxy for lols
>Pro at Syskey
I'm connecting the dots like turds in the road.
You are infact a street shitter.

>it could be a command line batch code to delete some files
>"hello world" is in the editor
>commented lines trying to figure out how to print "hello world" is in the editor
yeah, nah

Of course women won't have any part in "object-oriented" and "functional" programming, it's both sexist and ableist

do you use recursive views for your shitty SQL queries?

no

Wishful thinking.

I have exceptional verbal skills and studied CS, and there are many more like me.

Typical Poo In Loo.

I've never seen anyone grasp at straws so frantically in my fucking life

we should just let this become the narrative and not question it

Behold their superior verbal and written skills at work.

I'm not sure this is even possible without a synonym
let me try

>holy hall of costs
I can only imagine how much this person's college education cost them.

programmers and computer analysts are treated like slaves in banks and financial institutions. they get pay little and rotation is frequent. perhaps women are smart enough not to choose that path

>imagine being this much of a brainlet
>actually believe comp sci has anything to do with computers

also
CS college edution is most math that you will neve use it anyway

>Are women just too smart to be computer scientists?
B-but one hacked the gibson!
youtube.com/watch?v=FD3xbJSKHVc

In the middle school I had gifted classes with math and physics with lots of girls. 90% of them just all moved to bio or chem classes and did the boring memorization all day. Good for them because they all went to med schools thanks to that instead of becoming some corporate suckers.

the good ones open their little companies
only the crap ones are employed directly

but boys do worse in school because the teachers hate them for being boys and mark them down which results in a lack of motivation.

iq is probably also a bad metric for success.

there's that misogyny: men making women feel bad about their bodies again! why can't men just respect women for who they are?

If women ruled, we would never have a conflict.

In a blind situation, IQ is one of the strongest indicators for success.

that is why from age 9, teachers used to be male until 1960's

also gender schools good not to think about fucking your colleague during teen years

yeah but the crap ones also put themselves on a pedestal of intelligence

my favorite part is that she does an ls to check what's in the folder
and then keeps trying to access the code directory even though it's obviously not there.

If I was a young thin pretty woman, why would I want to learn how to write code or repair a car, etc? I'd bat my eyes and get some eternal friendville betacuck to do it for me.

Salt, salt, nothing but salt.

yes, also ask for high prices even being crapy

the fucker gets out of university and wants a lot for first job

>all those women talking about what men want
>only one of them is shown with her kid
I am pretty sure that is not just a coincidence

>emotional intelligence being shilled again

I am dumb as bricks when it comes to math but I won't dress it up and excuse it.

I fucking hate that term, emotional intelligence. Such a neologism.

>Women are better at feels than logic
>When we develop AI with actual feels, they will do better with the AI

perhaps, i don't really have any stats. but i have met some geniuses that just suck at life, and a bunch of average dudes that are very successful (a lot because they are alphas)

topkek

Second brain

it is, money is measure for success
stats here:
cdn.freedomainradio.com/FDR_3228_Call_In_Show_11_Mar_2016.mp3

listen to the damn whole thing

Lel, when I was in 4th grade I was at a college reading level. However at the same time I didn't know how to divide. Sadly language skills don't carry over into something that requires actual intelligence. Also by the way, practically everybody who is male can learn math fast as hell. I had dropped out of high school and was realistically at a 6th grade level of math. It literally took me around 3 months to teach myself to the point where I know some basic calculus now.

That men and women have different distributions of cognitive skills shouldn't be news to anyone.

it's really fucking obvious for all the "hard" classes (as in, there is a clear right & wrong), too.
girls do worse in the exams but get better oral grades, guys do better in the exams but get worse oral grades.

they are intentionally using the part that is left up to the teachers assessment to downgrade the guys and uplift the girls